Iraq Digital TV News
Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
Mar 11, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has unveiled at Cabsat Dubai the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Algeria, Cable TV, CABSAT, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
Iraqi Media Network launches satellite broadcast service
Jul 15, 2013 – Arabsat has announced the launch of a satellite TV service by the Iraqi Media Network based in Baghdad. The DTH bouquet is broadcast via an Arabsat satellite at 26°E and includes all of the radio and TV programmes currently available in Iraq.
News categories: Arabsat, Iraqi Media Network, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Iraq, Satellite
Orbit Showtime Network to switch-off 5 million TV pirates
Dec 7, 2010 – Orbit Showtime Network (OSN) is giving all of its subscribers new set-top boxes between now and December 19th when it will switch to a new 'unhackable' conditional access system.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Algeria, Bahrain, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mauritania, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Syria, UAE, Yemen
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, ATSC Mobile DTV, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, CMMB, Colombia, Czech Republic, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, ISDB, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, One-Seg, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, S-DMB, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, T-DMB, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
Mobision launches DVB-H in Iraq
Jun 1, 2009 – Mobision has started its commercial DVB-H-based mobile TV service in Iraq, following an extended period of testing.
News categories: Mobision, E2M, Digital TV, DVB-H, Iraq, Multiscreen
CoreTrust secures ART Satellite Hybrid IP-VOD
Apr 6, 2009 – CoreTrust conditional access 'CoreCrypt for IPTV' will secure the content of the Satellite Hybrid IP-VOD service that will be launched later this year by ART (Arab Radio and Television Network) in the Middle East region.
News categories: CoreTrust, ART, Algeria, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Libya, Morocco, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Syria
Kalimat to launch IPTV and mobile TV in Iraq and Kuwait
Mar 19, 2009 – Kalimat Telecom has signed a 50/50 joint venture deal with PCCW (Hong Kong:0008) to launch IPTV and mobile TV in Iraq and Kuwait. Launch is expected in the fourth quarter of 2009 or early 2010.
News categories: PCCW, Kalimat Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Iraq, Kuwait, Multiscreen
Nagravision Secures Commercial DVB-H Services for Alsumaria TV
Sep 12, 2008 – Nagravision (SWX:KUD.VX) has announced that Alsumaria TV, the Iraqi Satellite Network, has selected Nagravision's conditonal access system (CAS) for its DVB-H services.
News categories: Nagravision, Alsumaria, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-H, Iraq, Multiscreen
Kudelski Group 1st half 2008 - migration to service mode on track
Aug 29, 2008 – The Kudelski Group (SWX: KUD.VX) has announced results for its first half year ended June 30, 2008. In the first half 2008, Nagravision expanded its global reach with 92.3 million active devices for conditional access.
News categories: Nagravision, Kudelski, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Iraq, Middleware, Multiscreen, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
- Ittiam enables HEVC support in Android Lollipop
- Charter video subscribers down 9,000 in 3Q 2014
- STMicroelectronics reports third quarter 2014 results
- Asia Pacific to lead multiscreen boom
- 14% of U.S. broadband homes now without traditional pay TV
- ARM announces single-core video codec IP for HEVC
- Silicon Labs launches 6th generation silicon tuners
- Beltelecom expands DTT coverage in Belarus
- Amazon introduces its Fire TV Stick
- Philippines digital TV to begin in 2019
- Sky TV New Zealand to launch NEON SVOD service in December
- Tivi OTT service begins test operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Global pay TV market to generate $269 billion in 2014
- U.S. broadband households watch 17.4 hours of non-linear video per week
- Comcast video subscribers down 81,000 in 3Q 2014
- Trustonic selected by TCL Mobile to secure mobile devices
- Rabbit TV to distribute free HDTV antennas
- Norway's NexGenTel to re-use TDC IPTV platform
- Canal Digital taps Xstream for iPad TVE app
- AT&T adds 216,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 3Q 2014