UAE (United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, …) Digital TV News
IPTV flourishes in the Persian Gulf
Feb 6, 2014 – Fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services by October 2013, up from eleven service providers in eight countries offering IPTV by yearend 2011, according to the Arab Advisors Group.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Pay TV revenues in MENA to grow more than 83%
Jan 22, 2014 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by more than 83% between 2010 and 2020 to $5.60 billion, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey, UAE, Uzbekistan
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 – The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, Jordan, Kuwait, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, UAE
Global IPTV subscribers to triple
Aug 1, 2012 – The number of homes paying for IPTV will rocket to 165 million by end-2017, up from 51 million at end-2011 and from only 7.5 million at end-2007, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Digital TV, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Subscribers, Taiwan, UAE, USA
Arab FTA Sat TV channels grew by 19% in 2011
May 15, 2012 – The number of FTA satellite channels in the Arab World increased by 19.3% between April 2011 and March 2012 to reach 642 channels (fully operational channels reached 565) according to Arab Advisors Group research.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Egypt, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Kaonmedia Partners With Verimatrix for Etisalat's OTT Services in the UAE
Mar 21, 2012 – Kaonmedia (KOSDAQ: 078890) and Verimatrix have announced a partnership that has enabled the delivery of a next-generation, high quality over-the-top (OTT) TV experience for the Etisalat OnWeb service, which is part of eLife.
News categories: Kaonmedia, Verimatrix, Etisalat, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect, UAE
UAE grants Al Maisan Satellite Communications a DTH Services License
Aug 10, 2011 – The UAE Telecommunications Regulatory Authority (TRA) has awarded Al Maisan Satellite Communications Company (YahLive) a ten-year satellite services license for Broadcasting Satellite Transmission of Services.
News categories: Yahsat, Telecommunications Regulatory Authority, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, UAE
Etisalat and LG enter alliance, with Etisalat eLife services to feature on LG Smart TVs
Jun 14, 2011 – Etisalat and LG have entered a partnership that will see Etisalat's broadband services and content delivered through LG's new range of Smart TVs.
News categories: Etisalat, LG Electronics, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UAE
- Ooyala technology for Foxtel's Presto OTT movie service
- beIN SPORTS chooses Pace HD STBs and Home Media Servers
- Quadrille push VOD integrated with Eutelsat's 'smart LNB'
- Eutelsat shows ‘smart LNB’ in action at CabSat Dubai
- Majority of televisions in U.S. housholds are now HDTVs
- ALi ATSC SoC designed-in by Funai for Mexico STB
- Altech UEC manufactures 20 millionth set-top box
- Piksel OTT solution for Belgium's VRT
- Ecuador adds 443 thousand pay TV subscribers in 2013
- Belarus reaches 97.4% DTT coverage
- Sky Italia OTT TV to launch in two weeks
- DISH Anywhere now available on Amazon Kindle Fire HDX tablets
- Roku announces HDMI Roku Streaming Stick
- Philippines' CignalTV subscribers pass 600,000 in 2013
- Cable TV subscribers in Switzerland drop 57,600 in 2013
- Pace preliminary results for the year ended 31 December 2013
- Chunghwa Telecom launches TVs with MOD IPTV integrated
- ZTE ranked no. 1 in IPTV middleware, VOD and STBs
- DISH secures rights to Disney, ABC & ESPN content for OTT service
- CableLabs & Cisco open IPTV Innovations Lab