UAE (United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, …) Digital TV News
450,000 devices connected to nangu.TV
Nov 6, 2014 – nangu.TV has announced that more than 450,000 paid subscribers using active devices including set-top boxes, mobile phones, tablets and PCs are now connected to its media platform, which enables the delivery of television and video content.
News categories: nangu.TV, Tomas Padera, Czech Republic, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Multiscreen, OTT, Poland, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UAE, Ukraine
Arabsat and Selevision to launch HbbTV
Sep 12, 2014 – Selevision and Arabsat have announced that they have entered into an exclusive partnership to deliver the first Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service in the Middle East &North Africa region.
News categories: Arabsat, Selevision, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Khalid Balkhyour, Digital TV, HbbTV, Jordan, OTT, Satellite, Spain, UAE
Rise of digital devices drives new viewing habits
Jul 10, 2014 – According to TNS, while our love affair with television endures, TV sets alone are no longer enough to satisfy our appetite for content, driving the growth of online media and ‘screen-stacking’ as a result.
News categories: TNS, Matthew Froggatt, Australia, China, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Market Research, Multiscreen, Netherlands, New Zealand, OTT, Russia, Singapore, Spain, UAE, UK, USA, Worldwide
du to deploy Nokia IMS to enhance multimedia services
Jun 18, 2014 – du has signed a contract with Nokia to deploy its IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). With the deployment, du’s customers will soon enjoy enhanced multimedia services such as HD voice, HD video, file sharing and instant messaging.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Saleem Al Balooshi, Tony Awad, IMS, Infrastructure, IPTV, UAE
Deutsche Telekom cloud-based video streaming for Abu Dhabi Media
Apr 7, 2014 – Deutsche Telekom’s BDI unit has announced that Abu Dhabi Media is now a customer for its LiveStream Perform cloud-based video streaming solution for the delivery of six TV channels to multiple connected devices.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Abu Dhabi Media, Octoshape, Ali Al Shaiba, Karim El-Khazen, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, OTT, UAE
Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
Mar 11, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has unveiled at Cabsat Dubai the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Algeria, Cable TV, CABSAT, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IPTV flourishes in the Persian Gulf
Feb 6, 2014 – Fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services by October 2013, up from eleven service providers in eight countries offering IPTV by yearend 2011, according to the Arab Advisors Group.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Pay TV revenues in MENA to grow more than 83%
Jan 22, 2014 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by more than 83% between 2010 and 2020 to $5.60 billion, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey, UAE, Uzbekistan
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 – The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
- Canal Digital Kabel-TV goes live with ADB Multi-screen
- Comcast launches Xfinity in UHD app for Samsung TVs
- Worldwide CE market forecast to grow 4.5% this year
- LG to unveil webOS 2.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2015
- DISH first major US pay TV provider to integrate Netflix
- Play Cast Maldives receives cable TV licence
- Broadcom STB platform to accelerate Mexico's transition to digital TV
- 2.3 million active smartcards for Italy's TivùSat
- Cello Electronics TVs to offer Stream TV glasses-free 3D
- Belgium's Mobistar starts trials of its internet and digital TV services
- Wyplay connects STBs with SIGFOX IoT network
- Multi-Gigabit cable broadband speeds get closer for consumers
- Broadcom introduces first GPS-enabled device for satellite outdoor units
- 43.9% of French TV households have TV-over-ADSL
- Espial showcases RDK, 4K, OTT and HTML5 TV user experiences at CES 2015
- HBO GO now available on Amazon Fire TV
- Deluxe expands 4K UHD capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand™
- BT enters into exclusive negotiations to acquire EE
- Poland’s nc+ extends capacity agreement with Eutelsat
- Carr Communications selects Inca Networks transcoder for IPTV service