UAE (United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, …) Digital TV News
Rise of digital devices drives new viewing habits
Jul 10, 2014 – According to TNS, while our love affair with television endures, TV sets alone are no longer enough to satisfy our appetite for content, driving the growth of online media and ‘screen-stacking’ as a result.
News categories: TNS, Matthew Froggatt, Australia, China, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Market Research, Multiscreen, Netherlands, New Zealand, OTT, Russia, Singapore, Spain, UAE, UK, USA, Worldwide
du to deploy Nokia IMS to enhance multimedia services
Jun 18, 2014 – du has signed a contract with Nokia to deploy its IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). With the deployment, du’s customers will soon enjoy enhanced multimedia services such as HD voice, HD video, file sharing and instant messaging.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Saleem Al Balooshi, Tony Awad, IMS, Infrastructure, IPTV, UAE
Deutsche Telekom cloud-based video streaming for Abu Dhabi Media
Apr 7, 2014 – Deutsche Telekom’s BDI unit has announced that Abu Dhabi Media is now a customer for its LiveStream Perform cloud-based video streaming solution for the delivery of six TV channels to multiple connected devices.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Abu Dhabi Media, Octoshape, Ali Al Shaiba, Karim El-Khazen, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, OTT, UAE
Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
Mar 11, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has unveiled at Cabsat Dubai the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Algeria, Cable TV, CABSAT, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IPTV flourishes in the Persian Gulf
Feb 6, 2014 – Fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services by October 2013, up from eleven service providers in eight countries offering IPTV by yearend 2011, according to the Arab Advisors Group.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Pay TV revenues in MENA to grow more than 83%
Jan 22, 2014 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by more than 83% between 2010 and 2020 to $5.60 billion, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey, UAE, Uzbekistan
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 – The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, Jordan, Kuwait, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, UAE
Global IPTV subscribers to triple
Aug 1, 2012 – The number of homes paying for IPTV will rocket to 165 million by end-2017, up from 51 million at end-2011 and from only 7.5 million at end-2007, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Digital TV, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Subscribers, Taiwan, UAE, USA
- Thailand's NBTC proposes ฿690 DTT receiver subsidy coupoon
- Digital TV Research provides Netflix subscriber split by country
- Entropic licenses Cryptography Research DPA countermeasures
- AT&T adds 190,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Vega launches IPTV service in Ukraine
- Seagate launches channel on Roku
- Service Electric chooses ARRIS for delivery of TV Everywhere
- Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
- Consolidated chooses ARRIS Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite
- Ultra HD TVs make gains but still lack market penetration
- SES launches digital TV platform for West Africa
- Satellite TV revenues to reach $100 billion
- STMicroelectronics Reports 2014 Second Quarter Financial Results
- Broadcom reports second quarter 2014 results
- Pay TV operator software spending shrinks in developed markets
- UK's YouView plans expansion
- Dish TV India adds 332 thousand subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Verizon adds 100,000 FiOS Video connections in 2Q 2014
- Comcast video subscribers down 144,000 in 2Q 2014
- Most sub-Saharan countries to miss 2015 TV switchover deadline