UAE (United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, …) Digital TV News
Verimatrix secures Selevision entertainment service
Mar 1, 2016 – Verimatrix has announced that Selevision has deployed the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Broadcast-Hybrid to provide revenue security for its Seevii OTT/IPTV entertainment service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Selevision, Steve Oetegenn, Ammar Al Hares, CABSAT, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, UAE
Etisalat to launch MEA's first 4K Ultra HD TV service with Huawei
Dec 29, 2015 – Huawei has announced that it has partnered with Etisalat to introduce the first 4K Ultra HD TV service in the Middle East and Africa (MEA), which will be available to Etisalat’s eLife customers in the UAE starting first quarter of 2016.
News categories: Huawei, Etisalat, Peng Xiongji, Rashed Al Abbar, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, UAE
OTT video starting to take-off in Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa
Jul 22, 2015 – OTT TV and video revenues in Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EEMEA) will reach $2,635 million in 2020 - up from only $52 million recorded in 2010 and the $616 million expected in 2015, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Egypt, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Market Research, Middle-East, Nigeria, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Subscribers, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine
Nine countries in the Arab world have IPTV providers
Jun 16, 2015 – In April, fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services. Research by the Arab Advisors Group revealed that GCC countries had the largest number of IPTV providers in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
IBC Content Everywhere and NHK bring 8K television to the Middle East
Dec 29, 2014 – Visitors to January's IBC Content Everywhere MENA will be able to feast their eyes on Super Hi-Vision, the latest video technology from Japanese national broadcaster NHK, which features 16-times the resolution of currently available HD TV.
News categories: IBC Content Everywhere, NHK, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middle-East, Smart TV, UAE
450,000 devices connected to nangu.TV
Nov 6, 2014 – nangu.TV has announced that more than 450,000 paid subscribers using active devices including set-top boxes, mobile phones, tablets and PCs are now connected to its media platform, which enables the delivery of television and video content.
News categories: nangu.TV, Tomas Padera, Czech Republic, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Multiscreen, OTT, Poland, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UAE, Ukraine
Arabsat and Selevision to launch HbbTV
Sep 12, 2014 – Selevision and Arabsat have announced that they have entered into an exclusive partnership to deliver the first Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service in the Middle East &North Africa region.
News categories: Arabsat, Selevision, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Khalid Balkhyour, Digital TV, HbbTV, Jordan, OTT, Satellite, Spain, UAE
Rise of digital devices drives new viewing habits
Jul 10, 2014 – According to TNS, while our love affair with television endures, TV sets alone are no longer enough to satisfy our appetite for content, driving the growth of online media and ‘screen-stacking’ as a result.
News categories: TNS, Matthew Froggatt, Australia, China, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Market Research, Multiscreen, Netherlands, New Zealand, OTT, Russia, Singapore, Spain, UAE, UK, USA, Worldwide
- Hisense selects SERAPHIC for VIDDA Smart TVs
- HBO to be available on DIRECTV NOW streaming service
- VRrOOm launches world’s first global VR cinema network at BIRTV
- CableClix preparing Virtual Private Cable Network rollout
- Samsung announces NAGRA-based USB CA dongle for Smart TVs
- Okko and NetRange join forces in Smart TV
- Alpha Networks selects ContentWise TV personalization
- AB Groupe selects Ericsson for France’s first Ultra HD channel
- Streaming video customer satisfaction highest when paired with pay TV
- Romania's RCS & RDS picks Irdeto for digital TV CAMs
- Intelsat 36 launch adds DTH capacity for Sub-Saharan Africa
- 4K TV market split between Dolby Vision and HDR10
- Netflix growth continues as Amazon Prime Video momentum builds
- GatesAir completes second phase of DVB-T2 network in Kuwait
- North American homes average seven active connected devices
- Samsung 2016 UHD TV models achieve European certification
- Top LatAm pay TV operators continue to dominate
- Disney Movies Anywhere adds Fios by Verizon to its digital footprint
- Majority of Netflix subscribers to be outside US by 2018
- Harmonic to show virtual reality with UHD resolution at IBCShow