UAE (United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, …) Digital TV News
Rise of digital devices drives new viewing habits
Jul 10, 2014 – According to TNS, while our love affair with television endures, TV sets alone are no longer enough to satisfy our appetite for content, driving the growth of online media and ‘screen-stacking’ as a result.
News categories: TNS, Matthew Froggatt, Australia, China, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Market Research, Multiscreen, Netherlands, New Zealand, OTT, Russia, Singapore, Spain, UAE, UK, USA, Worldwide
du to deploy Nokia IMS to enhance multimedia services
Jun 18, 2014 – du has signed a contract with Nokia to deploy its IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). With the deployment, du’s customers will soon enjoy enhanced multimedia services such as HD voice, HD video, file sharing and instant messaging.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Saleem Al Balooshi, Tony Awad, IMS, Infrastructure, IPTV, UAE
Deutsche Telekom cloud-based video streaming for Abu Dhabi Media
Apr 7, 2014 – Deutsche Telekom’s BDI unit has announced that Abu Dhabi Media is now a customer for its LiveStream Perform cloud-based video streaming solution for the delivery of six TV channels to multiple connected devices.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Abu Dhabi Media, Octoshape, Ali Al Shaiba, Karim El-Khazen, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, OTT, UAE
Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
Mar 11, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has unveiled at Cabsat Dubai the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Algeria, Cable TV, CABSAT, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IPTV flourishes in the Persian Gulf
Feb 6, 2014 – Fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services by October 2013, up from eleven service providers in eight countries offering IPTV by yearend 2011, according to the Arab Advisors Group.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Pay TV revenues in MENA to grow more than 83%
Jan 22, 2014 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by more than 83% between 2010 and 2020 to $5.60 billion, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey, UAE, Uzbekistan
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 – The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, Jordan, Kuwait, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, UAE
Global IPTV subscribers to triple
Aug 1, 2012 – The number of homes paying for IPTV will rocket to 165 million by end-2017, up from 51 million at end-2011 and from only 7.5 million at end-2007, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Digital TV, Estonia, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Qatar, Russia, Singapore, Slovenia, Subscribers, Taiwan, UAE, USA
- AirTies and Norigin Media to launch STB with OTT apps and casting
- Afghanistan officially launches digital TV broadcasting
- Ericsson and Polkomtel test LTE Broadcast in Poland
- MStar Semi first to integrate Irdeto FlexiCore Processor technology
- MStar Semi to integrate Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall Security Core
- Envivio powers Beijing Gehua CATV cloud video service
- Energy efficient set-top boxes saving hundreds of millions of dollars
- More 4K UHD TVs shipped in Q2 2014 than in all 2013
- Spark New Zealand selects OTT platform provider, Xstream
- Videotron releases illico X8 set-top box
- Chunghwa Telecom to conduct 4K HEVC streaming trial with Broadpeak
- Fifth of Europe's TV homes to subscribe to online packages by 2020
- Canada's Rogers and Shaw launch 'shomi' subscription VOD service
- Ecuavisa launches HD DTT with ATEME
- Fujitsu presents HEVC HD decoder SoC
- Estonia's Starman launches TV Everywhere service
- S3 Group unveils StormTest Warning Center
- Albis introduces SceneGate 8073 IPTV/OTT set-top box at IBC
- SmartVOD launches first VOD Hollywood premium service in Africa
- NEOTION and Sat-Trakt launch Cardless CAM in Serbia