UAE (United Arab Emirates – Abu Dhabi, Dubai, …) Digital TV News
OTT video starting to take-off in Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa
Jul 22, 2015 – OTT TV and video revenues in Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EEMEA) will reach $2,635 million in 2020 - up from only $52 million recorded in 2010 and the $616 million expected in 2015, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Egypt, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Market Research, Middle-East, Nigeria, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Subscribers, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine
Nine countries in the Arab world have IPTV providers
Jun 16, 2015 – In April, fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services. Research by the Arab Advisors Group revealed that GCC countries had the largest number of IPTV providers in the region.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Hiba Al Atiyat, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
IBC Content Everywhere and NHK bring 8K television to the Middle East
Dec 29, 2014 – Visitors to January's IBC Content Everywhere MENA will be able to feast their eyes on Super Hi-Vision, the latest video technology from Japanese national broadcaster NHK, which features 16-times the resolution of currently available HD TV.
News categories: IBC Content Everywhere, NHK, Michael Crimp, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middle-East, Smart TV, UAE
450,000 devices connected to nangu.TV
Nov 6, 2014 – nangu.TV has announced that more than 450,000 paid subscribers using active devices including set-top boxes, mobile phones, tablets and PCs are now connected to its media platform, which enables the delivery of television and video content.
News categories: nangu.TV, Tomas Padera, Czech Republic, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Multiscreen, OTT, Poland, Slovakia, Subscribers, Switzerland, UAE, Ukraine
Arabsat and Selevision to launch HbbTV
Sep 12, 2014 – Selevision and Arabsat have announced that they have entered into an exclusive partnership to deliver the first Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service in the Middle East &North Africa region.
News categories: Arabsat, Selevision, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Khalid Balkhyour, Digital TV, HbbTV, Jordan, OTT, Satellite, Spain, UAE
Rise of digital devices drives new viewing habits
Jul 10, 2014 – According to TNS, while our love affair with television endures, TV sets alone are no longer enough to satisfy our appetite for content, driving the growth of online media and ‘screen-stacking’ as a result.
News categories: TNS, Matthew Froggatt, Australia, China, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Market Research, Multiscreen, Netherlands, New Zealand, OTT, Russia, Singapore, Spain, UAE, UK, USA, Worldwide
du to deploy Nokia IMS to enhance multimedia services
Jun 18, 2014 – du has signed a contract with Nokia to deploy its IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS). With the deployment, du’s customers will soon enjoy enhanced multimedia services such as HD voice, HD video, file sharing and instant messaging.
News categories: Nokia, 'du', Saleem Al Balooshi, Tony Awad, IMS, Infrastructure, IPTV, UAE
Deutsche Telekom cloud-based video streaming for Abu Dhabi Media
Apr 7, 2014 – Deutsche Telekom’s BDI unit has announced that Abu Dhabi Media is now a customer for its LiveStream Perform cloud-based video streaming solution for the delivery of six TV channels to multiple connected devices.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Abu Dhabi Media, Octoshape, Ali Al Shaiba, Karim El-Khazen, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, OTT, UAE
- SkyVision launches satellite TV platforms for Africa
- 4K TVs to reach 23% market penetration in 2016
- PS4 sales surpass 30.2 million units worldwide
- Mariner xVu now monitoring over 30 million devices
- Venezuela's Pay TV subscribers up 146,000 in 2Q 2015
- Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in Ukraine
- O2 Czech Republic introduces OTT set-top box
- 57% of Western European households own at least one connected CE device
- Active DTH subscribers in India fell 1.41 million in 2Q 2015
- V-Nova powers Real Madrid vs. Barcelona UltraHD broadcast
- FLIX.TV acquires satellite broadcasting licence in the Czech Republic
- Next Step to offer DTH TV platform in Thailand with Intelsat
- CAN Tech and Stream TV partner to provide Glasses-Free 3D content
- Tricolor TV begins broadcasting of Ultra HD package
- DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 Commercial Requirements
- Celeno Wi-Fi chips to power Altech gateways and STBs
- Sky unveils Sky Q home entertainment system
- Canal Holdings selects SES for TV distribution across West Africa
- Netflix to reach 115 million subscribers
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 OTT S-VOD services in the U.S.