Turkey Digital TV News
TURKSAT-4B to be launched on October 16th
Oct 12, 2015 – ILS has announced that TURKSAT-4B will be launched on October 16, 2015. TURKSAT-4B, at 50°E, will provide telecommunication and direct TV broadcasting services over a wide geographic region between the west of China and east of England.
News categories: International Launch Services, TURKSAT, Europe, Infrastructure, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
Five developing markets offer opportunity for Netflix
Sep 25, 2015 – As Netflix continues on its quest for global coverage, where are the next wave of opportunities for the service provider? Recent research from Futuresource Consulting identifies five key developing markets which present significant opportunity for Netflix and the wider digital video landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Tristan Veale, Michael Boreham, David Sidebottom, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Poland, Russia, Subscribers, Turkey
Broadcom powers D-Smart Digital Channel Stacker
Sep 24, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that D-Smart has started volume production of a Digital Channel Stacker based on Broadcom's satellite Out Door Unit (ODU) chip. Broadcom's BCM4554 supports up to 32 set-top boxes on a single coaxial cable.
News categories: Broadcom, D-Smart, Nicholas Dunn, Erdogan Simsek, Digital TV, Home Networking, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Turkey, Worldwide
Pan-African pay TV platforms set to boom
Sep 16, 2015 – Pan-African pay TV platforms are set to boom, according to Digital TV Research. Pay DTT platform GOtv will gain 5.84 million subs between 2014 and 2020 to reach 7.50 million – more than quadruple its 2014 total.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Poland, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey
OTT video starting to take-off in Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa
Jul 22, 2015 – OTT TV and video revenues in Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EEMEA) will reach $2,635 million in 2020 - up from only $52 million recorded in 2010 and the $616 million expected in 2015, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Egypt, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Market Research, Middle-East, Nigeria, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Subscribers, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine
Atmaca Elektronik partners with Exset for Turkey
Jul 7, 2015 – Exset has announced that it has partnered with Atmaca Electronik, owners of the 'Sunny' brand in Turkey. The partnership is designed to deploy Exset’s DMS 2.0 in the country as it moves along the path towards digitisation.
News categories: Exset, Atmaca Electronik, MStar Semi, Andrew Pons, Nuri Atmaca, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Turkey
D-Smart chooses Broadpeak dynamic CDN for OTT offering
Jun 23, 2015 – Broadpeak has announced that Turkish DTH provider D-Smart has deployed Broadpeak’s CDN solution to support its OTT service offering. Using Broadpeak’s CDN selection tool, D-Smart can dynamically offload traffic to third-party CDNs in order to address peaks in live video consumption.
News categories: Broadpeak, D-Smart, Jacques Le Mancq, Erdoğan Şimşek, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, OTT, Turkey
Turkey's TRT launches HbbTV services with Sofia Digital
Apr 7, 2015 – The Turkish Radio and Television Corporation (TRT) has started hybrid TV services on their HD channels utilizing HbbTV technology by Sofia Digital. The 'TRT ARTI' services are available via TRT’s HDTV channels broadcast via Turksat.
News categories: Sofia Digital, TRT, YolDigital, Ruhi Tas, Mehmet Can Hakli, Digital TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Turkey
Amino to provide STBs for Turkcell Superonline IPTV services
Nov 10, 2014 – Amino has announced that it has secured a contract from Turkcell to provide its Live Advanced Media Platform for the rollout of IPTV services. The operator has begun rolling out its Turkcell TV+ service as part of an enhanced 'tripleplay' multiscreen offering.
News categories: Amino, Turkcell, Superonline, Donald McGarva, Murat Erkan, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Turkey
- SkyVision launches satellite TV platforms for Africa
- 4K TVs to reach 23% market penetration in 2016
- PS4 sales surpass 30.2 million units worldwide
- Mariner xVu now monitoring over 30 million devices
- Venezuela's Pay TV subscribers up 146,000 in 2Q 2015
- Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in Ukraine
- O2 Czech Republic introduces OTT set-top box
- 57% of Western European households own at least one connected CE device
- Active DTH subscribers in India fell 1.41 million in 2Q 2015
- V-Nova powers Real Madrid vs. Barcelona UltraHD broadcast
- FLIX.TV acquires satellite broadcasting licence in the Czech Republic
- Next Step to offer DTH TV platform in Thailand with Intelsat
- CAN Tech and Stream TV partner to provide Glasses-Free 3D content
- Tricolor TV begins broadcasting of Ultra HD package
- DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 Commercial Requirements
- Celeno Wi-Fi chips to power Altech gateways and STBs
- Sky unveils Sky Q home entertainment system
- Canal Holdings selects SES for TV distribution across West Africa
- Netflix to reach 115 million subscribers
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 OTT S-VOD services in the U.S.