Turkey Digital TV News
Amino to provide STBs for Turkcell Superonline IPTV services
Nov 10, 2014 – Amino has announced that it has secured a contract from Turkcell to provide its Live Advanced Media Platform for the rollout of IPTV services. The operator has begun rolling out its Turkcell TV+ service as part of an enhanced 'tripleplay' multiscreen offering.
News categories: Amino, Turkcell, Superonline, Donald McGarva, Murat Erkan, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Turkey
Turkcell TV+ set-top box launches in Turkey
Oct 17, 2014 – Turkcell (NYSE: TKC, BIST: TCELL) has announced that Turkcell TV+, which was previously offered only on mobile devices and computers, will now be available on television sets.
News categories: Turkcell, Sureyya Ciliv, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
TTNET brings ARRIS IPTV set-top experience to Turkey
Sep 8, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Turkey's TTNET has successfully rolled out ARRIS VIP1113 IPTV set-tops to subscribers of its Tivibu service as it enhances its high definition (HD) TV offering.
News categories: ARRIS Group, TTNET, Sahin Sen, Steve McCaffery, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
AirTies and Octoshape selected by Digiturk for international OTT service
Jul 28, 2014 – AirTies and Octoshape have announced that Digiturk has selected their joint solution to deliver premium programming over-the-top (OTT) to its international customers.
News categories: AirTies, Octoshape, Digiturk, Hatice Memigüven, Bulend Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Digital TV, Infrastructure, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey, Worldwide
Türk Telekom IPTV subscribers down 6,000 in 2Q 2014
Jul 21, 2014 – Türk Telekom has announced 2014 second quarter results. Türk Telekom's Tivibu service ended with 1.9 million TV subscribers, up 1.3% in the quarter. Of the total, the number of IPTV subscribers was 302,000, down 6,000 quarter-on-quarter.
News categories: Türk Telekom, IPTV, Multiscreen, OTT, Results, Subscribers, Turkey
TURKWEB selects Erstream and Octoshape for OTT VOD service
May 12, 2014 – Erstream and Octoshape have announced that they have been chosen by TURKWEB, a provider of high definition content including movies and TV series, to provide broadband TV VOD distribution services to customers globally.
News categories: Octoshape, Erstream, TURKWEB, Mert Altındağ, Oguz Erginer, Michael Koehn Milland, Infrastructure, OTT, Turkey, Worldwide
Rovi entertainment discovery and monetization technologies for Grundig TVs
Mar 18, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Grundig has signed agreements for the use of Rovi TotalGuide CE and Rovi Advertising products in Grundig LED TVs distributed in Germany, the Nordic region, Western Europe, Turkey, and Russia.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Grundig, Akin Garzanli, Pim Versteeg, Advertising, Denmark, Europe, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, Russia, Smart TV, Sweden, Turkey
Doğuş Media chooses Kaltura video platform for tvyo OTT service
Feb 18, 2014 – Kaltura has announced that it has been selected by Doğuş Media Group (DMG) to power the Turkish conglomerate’s multi-screen, multi-platform, ad-funded video service, tvyo.
News categories: Kaltura, Doğuş Media, tvyo, Alp Ocal, Ron Yekutiel, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT, Turkey
Pay TV revenues in MENA to grow more than 83%
Jan 22, 2014 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by more than 83% between 2010 and 2020 to $5.60 billion, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey, UAE, Uzbekistan
- Pay DTT up 52% year-on-year in Croatia
- Rostelecom goes multiscreen with SmartLabs
- Exset DMS integrated with DTV Research STBs
- EUTELSAT 115 West B satellite gears up for launch
- Deutsche Telekom adds 109,000 TV customers in 4Q 2014
- Frontier Communications to deploy co-branded versions of TiVo's products and services
- South Africa plans to migrate to digital 'within 2 years'
- TDS Telecom adds 4,000 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
- StarHub adds 3,000 pay TV customers in 4Q 2014
- SES to launch two satellites with SpaceX
- Telefónica adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
- Beltelecom expands DVB-T2 coverage in Belarus
- Enhanced TVNZ OnDemand launches with Brightcove
- CEC Liquid Telecom launches FTTH in Zambia
- GameTree TV games for Liberty Global Horizon STBs
- Express-AM7 satellite due for launch on March 19th
- Suddenlink digital TV customers down 26,300 in 4Q 2014
- Comcast adds 6,000 video subscribers in 4Q 2014
- Amazon leads Germany's VOD market
- iWedia provides SAT>IP software for Unitron multiswitch