Turkey Digital TV News
Türk Telekom adds 76,000 Tivibu TV subscribers in 2Q 2016
Jul 26, 2016 – Türk Telekom has announced its results for the second quarter of 2016. Subscribers to the company's Tivibu Home IPTV and DTH TV services increased by 76,000 in the quarter to finish at 544,000.
News categories: Türk Telekom, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Turkey
Ericsson and Turkcell demonstrate live sports streaming over LTE Broadcast
May 17, 2016 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) and Turkcell have delivered the first immersive live streaming mobile experience over LTE Broadcast in Turkey. This took place during a derby between Fenerbahce and Galatasaray Odeabank, two of Istanbul's biggest basketball teams.
News categories: Ericsson, Turkcell, Rafiah Ibrahim, Ilker Kuruoz, 5G, Infrastructure, Turkey
PCCW and Türk Telekom to explore joint business opportunities
May 4, 2016 – PCCW Global and Türk Telekom International (TTI) have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to explore service portfolio and geographic synergies between the two telecommunications companies.
News categories: PCCW Global, Türk Telekom, Marc Halbfinger, Cengiz Oztelcan, Cable TV, IPTV, Turkey
SSL to provide satellite for EUTELSAT 7C
Mar 21, 2016 – Space Systems Loral (SSL) has announced that it has been selected to provide a high power all-electric satellite to Eutelsat. The satellite will provide broadcast services to multiple regions including Africa, the Middle East, and Turkey.
News categories: Space Systems Loral, Eutelsat, John Celli, Rodolphe Belmer, Africa, Infrastructure, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
Foxxum joins TUYAD Association to develop Smart TV in Turkey
Feb 23, 2016 – Foxxum has joined the TUYAD Association to help develop the Smart TV market in Turkey. TUYAD is a non-profit, non-governmental organization of satellite/antenna and electronic communications businesses founded by companies in the satellite sector.
News categories: Foxxum, TUYAD Association, Mehmet Eroǧlu, Infrastructure, OTT, Satellite, Smart TV, Turkey
Grundig counts on NetRange’s TV Portal
Feb 11, 2016 – Grundig and NetRange have announced that they will collaborate on Grundig’s intelligent TV platform Ultralogic 4K, which will run on Grundig's UHD TVs as well as on TV devices of parent company Arcelik.
News categories: NetRange, Grundig, Jan Wendt, Apps, Austria, Denmark, Digital TV, Germany, Norway, Smart TV, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey
TURKSAT-4B to be launched on October 16th
Oct 12, 2015 – ILS has announced that TURKSAT-4B will be launched on October 16, 2015. TURKSAT-4B, at 50°E, will provide telecommunication and direct TV broadcasting services over a wide geographic region between the west of China and east of England.
News categories: International Launch Services, TURKSAT, Europe, Infrastructure, Middle-East, Satellite, Turkey
Five developing markets offer opportunity for Netflix
Sep 25, 2015 – As Netflix continues on its quest for global coverage, where are the next wave of opportunities for the service provider? Recent research from Futuresource Consulting identifies five key developing markets which present significant opportunity for Netflix and the wider digital video landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Tristan Veale, Michael Boreham, David Sidebottom, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Poland, Russia, Subscribers, Turkey
Broadcom powers D-Smart Digital Channel Stacker
Sep 24, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that D-Smart has started volume production of a Digital Channel Stacker based on Broadcom's satellite Out Door Unit (ODU) chip. Broadcom's BCM4554 supports up to 32 set-top boxes on a single coaxial cable.
News categories: Broadcom, D-Smart, Nicholas Dunn, Erdogan Simsek, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Turkey, Worldwide
- U.S. pay TV penetration returns to the level of 2005
- Freeview Play spec adds HEVC and Ultra HD via broadband
- Conditional Access market to exhibit CAGR of 9.1% to 2025
- Asiasat to provide 4K content from XTreme Video on AsiaSat 4
- Orange experiments with virtual reality
- comScore partners with DEG for digital industry reporting
- Four companies control half of Western Europe’s pay TV subs
- Liberty Global and CableLabs join MulteFire Alliance
- Intigral selects Broadpeak CDN for video distribution platform
- SVoD spending in Western Europe passed €2 billion in 2015
- Successful 360° world premiere in Germany
- Adobe is launch partner for Conviva multiscreen QoE metrics
- Samsung releases open source HbbTV media player
- Five global companies capture 50% of OTT revenue
- Canada's VMedia launches live TV on Roku TVs and players
- Reliance Big TV subscribers still at 5.0 million
- Are slimmed-down TV packages the answer to cord cutting?
- Streaming Video Alliance and CTA to co-develop streaming media QoE guidelines
- Amino secures first FUSION IoT win at Alliance Communications
- Growth for most of Eastern Europe’s top pay TV operators