Turkey Digital TV News
Rovi entertainment discovery and monetization technologies for Grundig TVs
Mar 18, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Grundig has signed agreements for the use of Rovi TotalGuide CE and Rovi Advertising products in Grundig LED TVs distributed in Germany, the Nordic region, Western Europe, Turkey, and Russia.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Grundig, Akin Garzanli, Pim Versteeg, Advertising, Denmark, Europe, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, Russia, Smart TV, Sweden, Turkey
Doğuş Media chooses Kaltura video platform for tvyo OTT service
Feb 18, 2014 – Kaltura has announced that it has been selected by Doğuş Media Group (DMG) to power the Turkish conglomerate’s multi-screen, multi-platform, ad-funded video service, tvyo.
News categories: Kaltura, Doğuş Media, tvyo, Alp Ocal, Ron Yekutiel, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT, Turkey
Pay TV revenues in MENA to grow more than 83%
Jan 22, 2014 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by more than 83% between 2010 and 2020 to $5.60 billion, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey, UAE, Uzbekistan
Motive Television STB deployment exceeds expectations in Turkey
Jan 16, 2014 – Motive Television has been informed by Digiturk that during 2013 approximately 115,000 set-top boxes containing Motive's technology were provided to subscriber homes.
News categories: Motive Television, Digiturk, Leonard M Fertig, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Doğuş launches OTT streaming service with Harmonic
Oct 2, 2013 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Doğuş Media Group (DMG) has chosen a multiscreen solution from Harmonic to power TVYO, its new OTT platform. Since its launch, TVYO.com and its mobile apps have become the leading all-in-one VOD service platform in Turkey.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, TVYO, Doğuş, Alp Öcal, Harout Torossian, Digital TV, Infrastructure, OTT, Turkey
Digiturk and Altech Multimedia to launch hybrid HD set-top-box
Sep 17, 2013 – Digiturk has launched a next generation hybrid set-top box developed by its partner Altech Multimedia. The new line of set-tops integrates TeleIDEA's Smartware with Irdeto Conditional Access to secure Digiturk's broadcast content.
News categories: Altech, Digiturk, TeleIDEA, Irdeto, Taylan Özsipahi, Bartolomeo Caputo, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Digiturk begins rollout of Motive Television Anytime Anywhere technology
May 29, 2013 – Motive Television has announced that it has been informed by Digiturk that it has begun providing set-top boxes which include Motive's Television Anytime Anywhere technology to consumers on a commercial basis.
News categories: Motive Television, Digiturk, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey, TV Everywhere
Digitürk and Eutelsat Partner on Turkey's First Ultra HD (4K) Demonstration Channel
Apr 18, 2013 – Digitürk has launched a dedicated demonstration 4K channel in partnership with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL). The broadcast, the first time 4K has been shown in Turkey, helps Digiturk lay the foundations for the next step change in television broadcasting.
News categories: Eutelsat, Digiturk, Infrastructure, Satellite, Turkey
Altech Multimedia and Digiturk introduce next generation hybrid set-top box
Mar 12, 2013 – Altech Multimedia and Digiturk have announced that they will jointly launch a next generation hybrid set-top box aimed at the evolving markets in Turkey and beyond. Altech Multimedia has supplied over 200,000 PVR products to Digiturk since its launch in 2010.
News categories: Altech Multimedia, Digiturk, CABSAT, Conditional Access, Digital TV, HbbTV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
- Motive TV signs software contract with Skyworth
- LCD TV growth improving, as plasma and CRT TV disappear
- NAGRA adds multiscreen DRM to DISH/Echostar security
- China Digital TV announces strategic partnership with Beijing Gehua
- RDA Microelectronics announces sampling of Digital TV Tuner IC
- Ziggo digital pay TV subscribers down 16,000 in 1Q 2014
- GOtv Kenya launches GOcard CAM with NEOTION
- WASU content for IMAX-TCL Premium Home Theatre
- ADB provides software and services to O2 Czech Republic
- MultiChoice selects Clearleap to accelerate multiscreen strategy
- ViXS reports fourth quarter and fiscal 2014 results
- US pay TV subscriptions poised for rebound after 2013 decline
- Two European operators select Espial for multiscreen services
- Romania ends 2013 with 6.4 million pay TV subscribers
- Time Warner Cable developing RDK STB with Humax
- Peoples Communication partners with Skitter to bring IPTV to East Texas
- Digital pay TV soars in Eastern Europe
- Nagra DRM receives DECE approval
- Vodafone Netherlands deploys Entone
- Entropic licenses OmniPhy DDR4/3 IP for STB ICs