Turkey Digital TV News
OTT video starting to take-off in Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa
Jul 22, 2015 – OTT TV and video revenues in Eastern Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EEMEA) will reach $2,635 million in 2020 - up from only $52 million recorded in 2010 and the $616 million expected in 2015, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Bulgaria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Egypt, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Market Research, Middle-East, Nigeria, OTT, Poland, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Subscribers, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine
Atmaca Elektronik partners with Exset for Turkey
Jul 7, 2015 – Exset has announced that it has partnered with Atmaca Electronik, owners of the 'Sunny' brand in Turkey. The partnership is designed to deploy Exset’s DMS 2.0 in the country as it moves along the path towards digitisation.
News categories: Exset, Atmaca Electronik, MStar Semi, Andrew Pons, Nuri Atmaca, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Turkey
D-Smart chooses Broadpeak dynamic CDN for OTT offering
Jun 23, 2015 – Broadpeak has announced that Turkish DTH provider D-Smart has deployed Broadpeak’s CDN solution to support its OTT service offering. Using Broadpeak’s CDN selection tool, D-Smart can dynamically offload traffic to third-party CDNs in order to address peaks in live video consumption.
News categories: Broadpeak, D-Smart, Jacques Le Mancq, Erdoğan Şimşek, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, OTT, Turkey
Turkey's TRT launches HbbTV services with Sofia Digital
Apr 7, 2015 – The Turkish Radio and Television Corporation (TRT) has started hybrid TV services on their HD channels utilizing HbbTV technology by Sofia Digital. The 'TRT ARTI' services are available via TRT’s HDTV channels broadcast via Turksat.
News categories: Sofia Digital, TRT, YolDigital, Ruhi Tas, Mehmet Can Hakli, Digital TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Turkey
Amino to provide STBs for Turkcell Superonline IPTV services
Nov 10, 2014 – Amino has announced that it has secured a contract from Turkcell to provide its Live Advanced Media Platform for the rollout of IPTV services. The operator has begun rolling out its Turkcell TV+ service as part of an enhanced 'tripleplay' multiscreen offering.
News categories: Amino, Turkcell, Superonline, Donald McGarva, Murat Erkan, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Turkey
Turkcell TV+ set-top box launches in Turkey
Oct 17, 2014 – Turkcell (NYSE: TKC, BIST: TCELL) has announced that Turkcell TV+, which was previously offered only on mobile devices and computers, will now be available on television sets.
News categories: Turkcell, Sureyya Ciliv, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
TTNET brings ARRIS IPTV set-top experience to Turkey
Sep 8, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Turkey's TTNET has successfully rolled out ARRIS VIP1113 IPTV set-tops to subscribers of its Tivibu service as it enhances its high definition (HD) TV offering.
News categories: ARRIS Group, TTNET, Sahin Sen, Steve McCaffery, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
AirTies and Octoshape selected by Digiturk for international OTT service
Jul 28, 2014 – AirTies and Octoshape have announced that Digiturk has selected their joint solution to deliver premium programming over-the-top (OTT) to its international customers.
News categories: AirTies, Octoshape, Digiturk, Hatice Memigüven, Bulend Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Digital TV, Infrastructure, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey, Worldwide
Türk Telekom IPTV subscribers down 6,000 in 2Q 2014
Jul 21, 2014 – Türk Telekom has announced 2014 second quarter results. Türk Telekom's Tivibu service ended with 1.9 million TV subscribers, up 1.3% in the quarter. Of the total, the number of IPTV subscribers was 302,000, down 6,000 quarter-on-quarter.
News categories: Türk Telekom, IPTV, Multiscreen, OTT, Results, Subscribers, Turkey
- Teleste combines DVB-T broadcast TV with LTE data services
- XGEM STBs to include access to NetRange Smart TV Portal
- NTT H.265/HEVC encoder allows simultaneous transmission of 60P and 120P UHD video
- MStar integrates NAGRA security for 4K UHD connected TVs
- Cyfrowy Polsat to offer services via ADB's cloud TV platform
- Fashion One launches world’s first global Ultra HD channel with SES
- Thomson Video Networks and Expway to demo live LTE distribution with eMBMS at IBC
- ABOX42 debuts Broadcom-based UHD/4K HEVC SmartSTB at IBC
- Argentina’s Supercanal chooses Conax-secured end-to-end solution
- Alliance for Open Media established
- ALi adds HEVC to set-top box chipset lineup
- U.S. pay TV cord-cutting fears validated by Q2 losses
- ATEME and NexGuard launch pre-release HDR watermarking
- Booxmedia signs multiscreen OTT deal with DELTA of the Netherlands
- MStar integrates Verimatrix VideoMark forensic watermarking for UHD
- LG adds DIRECTV as content partner for webOS TVs
- Proximus releases SwipeBox for sharing photos and videos on the TV screen
- Ziggo leads drop in Dutch TV subscriptions in Q2 2015
- CEA defines 'HDR Compatible' displays
- Opera TV debuts HbbTV 2.0 SDK for TV and STB manufacturers