Turkey Digital TV News
TTNET brings ARRIS IPTV set-top experience to Turkey
Sep 8, 2014 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that Turkey's TTNET has successfully rolled out ARRIS VIP1113 IPTV set-tops to subscribers of its Tivibu service as it enhances its high definition (HD) TV offering.
News categories: ARRIS Group, TTNET, Sahin Sen, Steve McCaffery, Digital TV, IBCShow, IPTV, Set Top Box, Turkey
AirTies and Octoshape selected by Digiturk for international OTT service
Jul 28, 2014 – AirTies and Octoshape have announced that Digiturk has selected their joint solution to deliver premium programming over-the-top (OTT) to its international customers.
News categories: AirTies, Octoshape, Digiturk, Hatice Memigüven, Bulend Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Digital TV, Infrastructure, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey, Worldwide
Türk Telekom IPTV subscribers down 6,000 in 2Q 2014
Jul 21, 2014 – Türk Telekom has announced 2014 second quarter results. Türk Telekom's Tivibu service ended with 1.9 million TV subscribers, up 1.3% in the quarter. Of the total, the number of IPTV subscribers was 302,000, down 6,000 quarter-on-quarter.
News categories: Türk Telekom, IPTV, Multiscreen, OTT, Results, Subscribers, Turkey
TURKWEB selects Erstream and Octoshape for OTT VOD service
May 12, 2014 – Erstream and Octoshape have announced that they have been chosen by TURKWEB, a provider of high definition content including movies and TV series, to provide broadband TV VOD distribution services to customers globally.
News categories: Octoshape, Erstream, TURKWEB, Mert Altındağ, Oguz Erginer, Michael Koehn Milland, Infrastructure, OTT, Turkey, Worldwide
Rovi entertainment discovery and monetization technologies for Grundig TVs
Mar 18, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Grundig has signed agreements for the use of Rovi TotalGuide CE and Rovi Advertising products in Grundig LED TVs distributed in Germany, the Nordic region, Western Europe, Turkey, and Russia.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Grundig, Akin Garzanli, Pim Versteeg, Advertising, Denmark, Europe, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, Russia, Smart TV, Sweden, Turkey
Doğuş Media chooses Kaltura video platform for tvyo OTT service
Feb 18, 2014 – Kaltura has announced that it has been selected by Doğuş Media Group (DMG) to power the Turkish conglomerate’s multi-screen, multi-platform, ad-funded video service, tvyo.
News categories: Kaltura, Doğuş Media, tvyo, Alp Ocal, Ron Yekutiel, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT, Turkey
Pay TV revenues in MENA to grow more than 83%
Jan 22, 2014 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by more than 83% between 2010 and 2020 to $5.60 billion, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey, UAE, Uzbekistan
Motive Television STB deployment exceeds expectations in Turkey
Jan 16, 2014 – Motive Television has been informed by Digiturk that during 2013 approximately 115,000 set-top boxes containing Motive's technology were provided to subscriber homes.
News categories: Motive Television, Digiturk, Leonard M Fertig, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Doğuş launches OTT streaming service with Harmonic
Oct 2, 2013 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Doğuş Media Group (DMG) has chosen a multiscreen solution from Harmonic to power TVYO, its new OTT platform. Since its launch, TVYO.com and its mobile apps have become the leading all-in-one VOD service platform in Turkey.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, TVYO, Doğuş, Alp Öcal, Harout Torossian, Digital TV, Infrastructure, OTT, Turkey
- 40% of broadband households in Germany and Spain own a smart TV
- MPEG LA offers HEVC patent portfolio license
- Singapore launches Digital TV Assistance Scheme
- Amino 'Live' platform for Interstate Telecommunications Cooperative
- JAINHITS selects set-tops from ARRIS for India cable distribution
- Netflix viewing on digital media players surges in U.S.
- Nova Greece exceeds 500,000 pay TV subscribers
- Netflix streaming volume up 350% in 10 quarters
- Strong growth in tablet video viewing in the U.S.
- Bulgaria's Mtel launches satellite TV
- Romania to auction two national DTT multiplexes
- Midcontinent to use aioTV PassBox to add OTT content
- Huawei provides Hybrid Video Solution to Mexico's Megacable
- Entone and ZTE collaborate to boost hybrid TV
- Russia's pay TV to grow to 45.3 million subscribers in 2018
- 32 million 802.11ac access points to ship in 2014
- Iliad's Freebox v7 may be based on Android TV
- NanoTech UltraFlix 4K streaming for VIZIO TVs
- OTT revenues to rocket to $42 billion by 2020
- Australia's TPG Telecom to launch IPTV in 2015