Turkey Digital TV News
AirTies and Octoshape selected by Digiturk for international OTT service
Jul 28, 2014 – AirTies and Octoshape have announced that Digiturk has selected their joint solution to deliver premium programming over-the-top (OTT) to its international customers.
News categories: AirTies, Octoshape, Digiturk, Hatice Memigüven, Bulend Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Digital TV, Infrastructure, OTT, Set Top Box, Turkey, Worldwide
Türk Telekom IPTV subscribers down 6,000 in 2Q 2014
Jul 21, 2014 – Türk Telekom has announced 2014 second quarter results. Türk Telekom's Tivibu service ended with 1.9 million TV subscribers, up 1.3% in the quarter. Of the total, the number of IPTV subscribers was 302,000, down 6,000 quarter-on-quarter.
News categories: Türk Telekom, IPTV, Multiscreen, OTT, Results, Subscribers, Turkey
TURKWEB selects Erstream and Octoshape for OTT VOD service
May 12, 2014 – Erstream and Octoshape have announced that they have been chosen by TURKWEB, a provider of high definition content including movies and TV series, to provide broadband TV VOD distribution services to customers globally.
News categories: Octoshape, Erstream, TURKWEB, Mert Altındağ, Oguz Erginer, Michael Koehn Milland, Infrastructure, OTT, Turkey, Worldwide
Rovi entertainment discovery and monetization technologies for Grundig TVs
Mar 18, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ: ROVI) has announced that Grundig has signed agreements for the use of Rovi TotalGuide CE and Rovi Advertising products in Grundig LED TVs distributed in Germany, the Nordic region, Western Europe, Turkey, and Russia.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Grundig, Akin Garzanli, Pim Versteeg, Advertising, Denmark, Europe, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Middleware, Norway, Russia, Smart TV, Sweden, Turkey
Doğuş Media chooses Kaltura video platform for tvyo OTT service
Feb 18, 2014 – Kaltura has announced that it has been selected by Doğuş Media Group (DMG) to power the Turkish conglomerate’s multi-screen, multi-platform, ad-funded video service, tvyo.
News categories: Kaltura, Doğuş Media, tvyo, Alp Ocal, Ron Yekutiel, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT, Turkey
Pay TV revenues in MENA to grow more than 83%
Jan 22, 2014 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by more than 83% between 2010 and 2020 to $5.60 billion, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey, UAE, Uzbekistan
Motive Television STB deployment exceeds expectations in Turkey
Jan 16, 2014 – Motive Television has been informed by Digiturk that during 2013 approximately 115,000 set-top boxes containing Motive's technology were provided to subscriber homes.
News categories: Motive Television, Digiturk, Leonard M Fertig, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
Doğuş launches OTT streaming service with Harmonic
Oct 2, 2013 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Doğuş Media Group (DMG) has chosen a multiscreen solution from Harmonic to power TVYO, its new OTT platform. Since its launch, TVYO.com and its mobile apps have become the leading all-in-one VOD service platform in Turkey.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, TVYO, Doğuş, Alp Öcal, Harout Torossian, Digital TV, Infrastructure, OTT, Turkey
Digiturk and Altech Multimedia to launch hybrid HD set-top-box
Sep 17, 2013 – Digiturk has launched a next generation hybrid set-top box developed by its partner Altech Multimedia. The new line of set-tops integrates TeleIDEA's Smartware with Irdeto Conditional Access to secure Digiturk's broadcast content.
News categories: Altech, Digiturk, TeleIDEA, Irdeto, Taylan Özsipahi, Bartolomeo Caputo, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Turkey
- Fastway chooses STMicroelectronics SoC for HD USB DVR
- First replacement wave to drive renewed growth in flat panel TV sales
- SDMC to show H.265/HEVC 4K UHD OTT set top box at IBC
- Viaccess-Orca announces new ecosystem partners for cardless CA system
- Forthnet selects Irdeto to secure DTH offering
- ARRIS gains, Cisco loses in set-top box market
- Cable TV subscribers in Switzerland continue to decline
- Samsung TV prices fell 13% in 1H 2014
- TV advertising regains its mojo
- NEOTION enlarges CAM portfolio with Verimatrix security
- Conditional access market set to decline
- NTT adds 4K Range Extensions support to H.265/HEVC codec SDK
- TCL announces Roku TV line-up for the U.S.
- Hisense Roku TV H4 series to hit U.S. stores soon
- Over 820 Ultra HD satellite channels worldwide by 2025
- SES wins exploitation rights for two Brazilian orbital positions
- CSTV selects Octoshape to power OTT service for Samsung devices
- SES to deliver DTH services across French-speaking West Africa
- Cable broadband subscribers surpass cable TV subscribers in U.S.
- Mobiles with 4K screens to reach 478m units by 2019