Japan Digital TV News
KDDI and Saffron Digital launch dedicated anime service
Jul 21, 2014 – Saffron Digital has said that it has been selected by KDDI to design and build Anime Pass, a new specialist multi-platform video service, which offers unlimited anime content.
News categories: Saffron Digital, KDDI, Hidenori Shima, Peter Bellamy, IBCShow, Infrastructure, Japan, OTT
ACCESS browser selected by Toshiba for Hybridcast TV
Jul 15, 2014 – ACCESS CO. has announced the integration of NetFront™ Browser NX in the Toshiba TV platform and the embedding of the browser for the world’s first commercially available Hybridcast TV in Japan.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Toshiba, Yasuhiro Ishibashi, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, Japan, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
INSIDE Secure protects 'BBTV NEXT' live streaming service in Japan
Jul 1, 2014 – INSIDE Secure (Euronext:INSD) has announced that TV Bank, a live video distribution system and video provider for 3G mobile phones and iOS devices in Japan, has selected INSIDE’s DRM Fusion Server to protect its live streaming service BBTV NEXT.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, TV Bank, Tetsuji Otsuka, Dr. Simon Blake-Wilson, Content Protection, Digital TV, Japan, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
Elemental powers Kansai TV Over-the-Air ISDB-T broadcast in 4K/HEVC
May 29, 2014 – Elemental has announced that Kansai TV, the leading commercial broadcaster in Osaka, has used Elemental video processing to encode 4K content in HEVC for terrestrial broadcast delivery over ISDB-T to an Ultra HD TV.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Kansai TV, CTCSP, Koichi Ono, Keith Wymbs, Digital TV, Infrastructure, ISDB-T, Japan, Terrestrial
PacketVideo Twonky extends capabilities of NOTTV in TV BOX
May 21, 2014 – PacketVideo (PV) has announced that its Twonky SDK technology will extend NOTTV capabilities through several new devices and apps being released by NTT DOCOMO, including TV BOX.
News categories: PacketVideo, NTT DOCOMO, Seiji Maruyama, Mark Tapling, App, Digital TV, ISDB, ISDB-T, Japan, Middleware, One-Seg, Smartphone
ViXS 4K HEVC decoder SoC powers Sharp UltraHD 4K recorder and televisions
May 20, 2014 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Sharp has chosen the ViXS XCode 6400 SoC to power its TU-UD1000 Ultra High Definition (UHD) 4K Recorder, as well as its UD20 series UHD 4K digital TVs.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sharp Corp, Fumitoshi Matsuura, Sally Daub, Digital TV, Japan, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Smart TV
SSL selected to provide two satellites to SKY Perfect JSAT
Apr 17, 2014 – Space Systems/Loral (SSL) has announced that it was selected to provide two communications satellites to SKY Perfect JSAT.
News categories: Space Systems/Loral, SKY Perfect, John Celli, Shinji Takada, Infrastructure, Japan, Satellite
Sumitomo STBs for NTT Plala UltraHD 4K HEVC VOD trial
Apr 8, 2014 – Sumitomo Electric (TOKYO:5802) has announced that it has been selected by NTT Plala to provide Ultra High Definition '4K' 'p60' set top boxes for the carrier’s 4K video streaming trial service of 'Hikari-TV'.
News categories: Sumitomo, NTT Plala, ViXS Systems, Katsumi Nagata, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
SKY PerfecTV! adds 11,000 subscribers in 1Q 2014
Apr 2, 2014 – SKY Perfect JSAT has announced the number of subscribers to SKY PerfecTV! as of the end of March 2014. The company finished the quarter with a total of 3.717 million pay TV subscribers, 11 thousand up compared with the end of 2013.
News categories: SKY Perfect, Shinji Takada, Japan, Satellite, Subscribers
- Thailand's NBTC proposes ฿690 DTT receiver subsidy coupoon
- Digital TV Research provides Netflix subscriber split by country
- Entropic licenses Cryptography Research DPA countermeasures
- AT&T adds 190,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Vega launches IPTV service in Ukraine
- Seagate launches channel on Roku
- Service Electric chooses ARRIS for delivery of TV Everywhere
- Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
- Consolidated chooses ARRIS Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite
- Ultra HD TVs make gains but still lack market penetration
- SES launches digital TV platform for West Africa
- Satellite TV revenues to reach $100 billion
- STMicroelectronics Reports 2014 Second Quarter Financial Results
- Broadcom reports second quarter 2014 results
- Pay TV operator software spending shrinks in developed markets
- UK's YouView plans expansion
- Dish TV India adds 332 thousand subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Verizon adds 100,000 FiOS Video connections in 2Q 2014
- Comcast video subscribers down 144,000 in 2Q 2014
- Most sub-Saharan countries to miss 2015 TV switchover deadline