Saudi Arabia (KSA) Digital TV News
du to provide Akamai CDN services to Saudi Arabia's Selevision
Jan 21, 2015 – du and Akamai have announced that Selevision has selected the companies’ content delivery services to support over-the-top delivery of its channels throughout the MENA region. du will provide CDN services from Akamai to Selevision.
News categories: Akamai, du, Selevision, Soeren Lindkvist, Fahad Al Hassawi, Dr. Raed Khusheim, Infrastructure, OTT, Saudi Arabia
Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
Mar 11, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) has unveiled at Cabsat Dubai the results of its survey on TV reception modes and trends across the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel de Rosen, Algeria, Cable TV, CABSAT, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
IPTV flourishes in the Persian Gulf
Feb 6, 2014 – Fourteen service providers in nine countries in the Arab World offered IPTV services by October 2013, up from eleven service providers in eight countries offering IPTV by yearend 2011, according to the Arab Advisors Group.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Lebanon, Market Research, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Pay TV revenues in MENA to grow more than 83%
Jan 22, 2014 – Pay TV revenues in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by more than 83% between 2010 and 2020 to $5.60 billion, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Cable TV, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Kazakhstan, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Turkey, UAE, Uzbekistan
Saudi Broadcasting Corporation Continues Migration to DVB-T2 Digital TV with Harris Broadcast
Mar 12, 2013 – Harris Broadcast has secured a new DVB-T2 transmission order from Saudi Broadcasting Corporation (SBC) as the country continues its transition to a national network of digital transmitters and satellite services. The latest phase of the program will add transmitters to sites in Aded and Yabren.
News categories: Harris Broadcast, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Saudi Arabia, Terrestrial
Piracy clampdown boosts Middle East & North Africa pay TV revenues
Mar 6, 2013 – The number of pay TV homes in the Middle East and North Africa will double between 2011 and 2018 to 16.0 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report forecasts that fewer than 15% of TV households (analog and digital) legitimately paid for TV signals by end-2012. This proportion will climb to 21.6% by 2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Algeria, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Israel, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Syria, Terrestrial, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE
OSN launches internet-enabled DVR
Sep 16, 2012 – OSN, the pay-TV network in the Middle East and North Africa, has launched OSN Plus HD, the regions first Internet enabled satellite receiver and recorder with full 3D and HD capabilities.
News categories: Orbit Showtime Network, Bahrain, Digital TV, Jordan, Kuwait, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Set Top Box, UAE
Arab FTA Sat TV channels grew by 19% in 2011
May 15, 2012 – The number of FTA satellite channels in the Arab World increased by 19.3% between April 2011 and March 2012 to reach 642 channels (fully operational channels reached 565) according to Arab Advisors Group research.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Egypt, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Global pay TV revenues reached US$155 billion in 2010
Jun 13, 2011 – About 338 million digital homes were added around the world between 2006 and 2010, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV World Databook estimated that this took the digital TV household total for the countries covered to 576 million.
News categories: Digital TV Research Ltd, Bahrain, Belgium, Brazil, Cable TV, Canada, China, Croatia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, India, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Latvia, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Puerto Rico, Russia, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden, Switzerland, Terrestrial, Tunisia, UK, USA
- Playstation Network to become premium entertainment service brand
- 1 in 8 Australian households now have a Smart TV
- STMicroelectronics reports 4Q 2014 results
- AT&T adds 73,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
- Carrefour to debut Nolim Films digital video service
- SmartLabs upgrades IPTV service at Georgia's Caucasus Online
- Ooredoo launches multiscreen cable TV in the Maldives
- Eutelsat to support Kyrgyz Republic's transition to DTT
- NEOTION CI Plus 1.3 CAM integrates Verimatrix VCAS security
- Sigma Designs to distribute reference designs with Frog by Wyplay pre-integrated
- A streaming media player in 40% of U.S. internet homes by 2017
- Nigeria's ACTV DTH chooses AMOS-5 satellite
- Elemental enables OTT delivery for Hong Kong's TVB
- Dhiraagu launches multiscreen IPTV in the Maldives
- NEOTION, Broadpeak and Eutelsat to show OTT over satellite at CSTB
- Dish TV India adds 416,000 net subscribers in 4Q 2014
- SES selects Arianespace for SES-12 satellite launch
- OpenVault and FourthWall partner on set-top box diagnostic data
- Verizon adds 116,000 net FiOS Video connections in 4Q 2014
- Tata Elxsi joins the Frog by Wyplay Community