Europe Digital TV News
Wyplay integrates V-Nova PERSEUS video compression technology
Apr 23, 2015 – V-Nova and Wyplay have announced that they have achieved the integration of V-Nova’s PERSEUS video compression technology into the existing set-top-box platform of a Tier 1, European TV operator, which had been upgraded to run Frog Client middleware by Wyplay.
News categories: V-Nova, Wyplay, Guido Meardi, Jacques Bourgninaud, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Telekom Slovenije selects Viaccess-Orca player for OTT delivery
Apr 21, 2015 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that Telekom Slovenije has selected Viaccess-Orca's Connected Sentinel Player to support its new OTT multiscreen platform TViN. Through the Connected Sentinel Player, operators and content providers can securely deliver OTT services to a wide range of connected devices.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Telekom Slovenije, Chem Assagyag, Simon Furlan, DRM, IPTV, Media Player, Slovenia, TV Everywhere
Frog by Wyplay powers Sky Italia HD decoders
Apr 21, 2015 – Wyplay has announced that Sky Italia, in cooperation with Telecom Italia, are deploying a broadband HDTV decoder powered by Frog By Wyplay. The full Sky TV service offering will be deployed by Telecom Italia for their ultra-broadband customers.
News categories: Wyplay, Sky Italia, Jacques Bourgninaud, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Middleware, Set Top Box
Netflix' international business yet to turn a profit
Apr 20, 2015 – Netflix international paid subscribers totaled 16.8 million at the end of 2014, according to SNL Kagan. While the international business has yet to turn a profit, the company has seen strong growth in its non-U.S. markets thus far.
News categories: SNL Kagan, Netflix, Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Market Research, Mexico, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Subscribers, Sweden, Switzerland, UK, Venezuela
Montenegro pay TV subscribers up 2,346 in 1Q 2015
Apr 16, 2015 – The Agency for Electronic Media in Montenegro has released subscriber figures for the country's pay TV operators. At end-March 2015, the number of connections was 156,739, up 2,346 or 1.5% since the end-2014.
News categories: Agencije za elektronske medije, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, MMDS, Mobile, Montenegro, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
TIM and Sky launch fibre-optic TV in Italy
Apr 16, 2015 – Telecom Italia (TIM) has announced that Sky Italia’s whole offer is now available as 'TIM Sky' to any of its customers that have a fibre-optic connection at 30 to 100 Mbit/s or 20 Mbit/s ADSL.
News categories: Telecom Italia, Sky Italia, Marco Patuano, Andrea Zappia, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Italy
SmartLabs enables multiscreen service for Beltelecom
Apr 16, 2015 – SmartLabs has announced the launch of a multiscreen service, SMART ZALA, for Beltelecom in Belarus. SMART ZALA enables Beltelecom subscribers to view, record and catch up with TV content, set parental controls and manage their subscriptions.
News categories: SmartLabs, Beltelecom, Mikhail Grachev, Belarus, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware
Swisscom TV 2.0 brings HbbTV to SRG SSR channels
Apr 14, 2015 – Swisscom has announced that it has activated the multimedia successor to teletext. HbbTV will be available with HD programmes shown on SRG, allowing viewers to access interactive content through their internet connection.
News categories: Swisscom, Marc Werner, Digital TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Switzerland
Russia's CTC Media launches free movie streaming
Apr 13, 2015 – CTC Media (NASDAQ: CTCM), a leading Russian independent media company, has announced the launch of free movie streaming services on its online properties, which include ctc.ru, domashniy.ru, peretz.ru, videomore.ru.
News categories: CTC Media, Yuliana Slashcheva, Alexei Pivovarov, Digital TV, OTT, Russia
- Wyplay integrates V-Nova PERSEUS video compression technology
- AT&T U-Verse TV adds 50,000 subscribers in 1Q 2015
- Worldwide semiconductor sales expected to grow 4% in 2015
- Nagra enables StarHub to deliver IPTV offering to all-IP fibre network
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi CPE shipments to hit 71 million units in 2015
- Broadcom reports first quarter 2015 results
- Nagra introduces new secure Google Chrome web browser plug-in for pay-TV operators
- TR-069-enabled devices to pass 350 million in 2016
- Sequans and Expway deliver LTE Broadcast over Wi-Fi solution
- Verizon adds 90,000 net FiOS Video connections in 1Q 2015
- OTT TV market to increase fourfold by 2019
- Telekom Slovenije selects Viaccess-Orca player for OTT delivery
- Frog by Wyplay powers Sky Italia HD decoders
- Netflix' international business yet to turn a profit
- Global 4K display market to reach $52 billion in 2020
- HUMAX joins Frog by Wyplay
- One million IPTV customers for Bell Canada
- South Africa's digital TV transition 18 months from completion
- Video infrastructure markets to grow 37% over the next 5 year
- Montenegro pay TV subscribers up 2,346 in 1Q 2015