Europe Digital TV News
Canal Digital Kabel-TV goes live with ADB Multi-screen
Dec 18, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that Norway’s Canal Digital Kabel-TV has gone live with ADB Multi-screen running on the ADB Wideband Tuner, an eight-tuner, hybrid cable HD DVR. ADB Multi-Screen is a software suite that blends broadcast and broadband delivery with home network content redistribution.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Canal Digital, Corrado Rocca, Peter Balchin, Gisle Pedersen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Multiscreen, Norway
2.3 million active smartcards for Italy's TivùSat
Dec 17, 2014 – Italian satellite TV platform TivùSat has announced that five and a half years after its launch at the end of July 2009, it now has more than 2.3 million active smart cards in 1.91 million households.
News categories: Tivù, Italy, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Subscribers
Cello Electronics TVs to offer Stream TV glasses-free 3D
Dec 17, 2014 – UK television manufacturer Cello Electronics has announced that has added Stream TV Networks' glasses-free 3D technology to its product line. The televisions feature real-time conversion into the Ultra-D™ format from any 2D or 3D source.
News categories: Cello Electronics, Stream TV Networks, Brian Palmer, Mathu Rajan, 3D, Digital TV, Smart TV, UK
Belgium's Mobistar starts trials of its internet and digital TV services
Dec 17, 2014 – Mobistar has announced that it has commenced operational testing of its internet and digital TV services on cable. The first users will be recruited among Mobistar customers in the Charleroi borough. The test zone will progressively be extended to other cities.
News categories: Mobistar, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV
Wyplay connects STBs with SIGFOX IoT network
Dec 16, 2014 – Wyplay and SIGFOX have revealed a joint technology collaboration. The system, which will be showcased at the 2015 International CES, integrates SIGFOX’s IoT cellular connectivity solution with Wyplay’s open-source pay-TV set-top-box (STB) middleware.
News categories: Wyplay, SIGFOX, Dominique Féral, Stuart Lodge, Broadband, CES2015, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
43.9% of French TV households have TV-over-ADSL
Dec 16, 2014 – France’s Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel (CSA) has reported the latest results from its survey on the penetration of audiovisual equipment in French households. 43.9% of France's TV households now have TV-over-ADSL.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Cable TV, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Subscribers, Tablet, Terrestrial
BT enters into exclusive negotiations to acquire EE
Dec 15, 2014 – BT Group plc (BT) has announced that it has entered into an exclusivity agreement with Deutsche Telekom and Orange in relation to BT’s possible acquisition of all of their UK mobile business, EE.
News categories: BT Group, Digital TV, IPTV, M&A, Mobile, UK
Poland’s nc+ extends capacity agreement with Eutelsat
Dec 15, 2014 – Eutelsat (Paris:ETL) and nc+ have announced the signature of a contract for the renewal of nine transponders at Eutelsat’s HOT BIRD video neighbourhood. The agreement equips nc+ for the expansion of its digital platform.
News categories: Eutelsat, nc+, Michel Azibert, Julien Verley, Infrastructure, Poland, Satellite
Czech and Slovak public broadcasters begin Ultra HD test broadcasts on ASTRA 3B
Dec 15, 2014 – SES (Paris, Luxembourg: SESG), Ceska Televize (CT), RTVS and Ceske Radiokomunikace have announced that they will begin test broadcasts of Ultra HD content via SES's ASTRA 3B satellite at 23.5 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, Česká televize, RTVS, České Radiokomunikace, Norbert Hölzle, Ivo Ferkl, Václav Mika, Martin Gebauer, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Satellite, Slovakia, Test
- Canal Digital Kabel-TV goes live with ADB Multi-screen
- Comcast launches Xfinity in UHD app for Samsung TVs
- Worldwide CE market forecast to grow 4.5% this year
- LG to unveil webOS 2.0 Smart TV platform at CES 2015
- DISH first major US pay TV provider to integrate Netflix
- Play Cast Maldives receives cable TV licence
- Broadcom STB platform to accelerate Mexico's transition to digital TV
- 2.3 million active smartcards for Italy's TivùSat
- Cello Electronics TVs to offer Stream TV glasses-free 3D
- Belgium's Mobistar starts trials of its internet and digital TV services
- Wyplay connects STBs with SIGFOX IoT network
- Multi-Gigabit cable broadband speeds get closer for consumers
- Broadcom introduces first GPS-enabled device for satellite outdoor units
- 43.9% of French TV households have TV-over-ADSL
- Espial showcases RDK, 4K, OTT and HTML5 TV user experiences at CES 2015
- HBO GO now available on Amazon Fire TV
- Deluxe expands 4K UHD capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand™
- BT enters into exclusive negotiations to acquire EE
- Poland’s nc+ extends capacity agreement with Eutelsat
- Carr Communications selects Inca Networks transcoder for IPTV service