Europe Digital TV News
Sky Q introduces voice search and new personalisation features
Mar 22, 2017 – Sky Q has added voice search and new personalisation features, making it quicker and easier to get to movies, shows and sports. With voice search viewers find TV by pressing and holding the voice button on the Sky Q remote, and saying what they’re looking for.
News categories: BSkyB, Luke Bradley-Jones, Big Data, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, UX
Vivacom to deliver DTT in Bulgaria via Intelsat 33e
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that telecom provider Vivacom, the leading telecommunication service provider in Bulgaria, will use the Intelsat 33e satellite to distribute digital terrestrial television (DTT) services throughout the country.
News categories: Intelsat, Vivacom, Rhys Morgan, Vladimir Rangelov, Bulgaria, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Satellite, Terrestrial
TDC selects Mariner xVu for TV service assurance
Mar 21, 2017 – Mariner xVu has announced that TDC Group will deploy Mariner's xVu software as part of its strategic initiative to deliver best-in-class customer satisfaction and to enhance the organization's Service Experience Monitoring (SEM) project.
News categories: Mariner xVu, TDC Group, Marc Savoie, Jens Peter Villadsen, CPE, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV, Test
Orion Express expands media delivery to Russia with Intelsat
Mar 21, 2017 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that Orion Express has signed a multi-year extension with Intelsat for satellite services supporting DTH and media distribution services in Russia via the Intelsat 15 satellite.
News categories: Intelsat, Orion Express, Jean-Philippe Gillet, Kirill Makhnovskiy, Infrastructure, Russia, Satellite
Deutsche Telekom and Huawei show Entertain TV 2.0 at MWC17
Mar 17, 2017 – At the Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona, Deutsche Telekom and Huawei jointly presented Entertain TV 2.0, the next generation of video service. Entertain TV 2.0 was launched by Deutsche Telekom in May 2016 in Germany.
News categories: Huawei, Deutsche Telekom, Xiaolong Song, Digital TV, Germany, Infrastructure, IPTV, MWC17
MTG sells Baltic broadcasting businesses
Mar 17, 2017 – MTG has signed an agreement to sell its free-TV, pay-TV, digital and radio businesses in the Baltic region to Providence Equity Partners, an asset management firm that is the owner of Bite, the Lithuanian and Latvian mobile operator.
News categories: MTG, Providence Equity Partners, Jørgen Madsen Lindemann, Robert Sudo, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, MnA, Satellite
Spain adopts HbbTV 2.0.1 for DTT reveivers
Mar 16, 2017 – The Asociación Española de Televisión Digital Interactiva (AEDETI) and the HbbTV Association have announced that Spain's Digital TV Tech Forum has adopted HbbTV version 2.0.1 for DTT in the country.
News categories: HbbTV Association, AEDETI, Klaus Illgner, Jose Luis Vázquez, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Spain, Terrestrial
4Sales release world's first 360° TV VoD ads
Mar 15, 2017 – 4Sales has announced the first ever 360° interactive VoD ad format that will allow All 4 viewers to immerse themselves in advertisers’ creative. Ad 360 is developed by video technology partners Innovid.
News categories: Channel 4, Innovid, Honda Motor Europe, South African Tourism, David Amodio, Matt Colebourne, Jennifer Shuker, Tolene van der Merwe, Digital TV, South Africa, UK, VR
Cisco collaborates with Sky to launch OnPrime TV
Mar 14, 2017 – Consumers in the UK, Italy and Germany can now access foreign language film, TV and news channels in one place via OnPrime TV, an app-based streaming service developed by Cisco in collaboration with Sky, and supported by Encompass Digital Media.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Encompass Digital Media, Rajeev Raman, Emma Lloyd, Apps, Germany, Infrastructure, Italy, Multiscreen, OTT, UK
- Mstar integrates Irdeto Rights for China DRM Hardware Profile
- Taiwan's CNS selects ARRIS set-tops with DOCSIS
- Viaccess-Orca partners with Encoding.com for OTT media processing in the Cloud
- Amino unveils operator-focused Android TV 4K UHD STB at TVConnect
- Corpus Value Added Services added to Jiuzhou STBs
- Midco selects SeaChange next generation platform
- Deloitte releases 2017 Digital Democracy Survey
- comScore releases 2017 U.S. Cross-Platform Future in Focus report
- Sky Q introduces voice search and new personalisation features
- My-HD taps Conax for cloud-based content protection
- TVision Insights unveils Quarterly Attention Report for TV and OTT
- Vivacom to deliver DTT in Bulgaria via Intelsat 33e
- TeamCast supports VTC's transmitter upgrade to DVB-T2 in Vietnam
- Cogeco Connexion launches TiVo 4K service
- NexStreaming pre-integrates Jump Data-as-a-Service platform
- TDC selects Mariner xVu for TV service assurance
- 4KUNIVERSE selects Accedo for 4K SVOD on Amazon Fire TV
- Vimeo ups speed with Akamai Media Acceleration
- MENA's GOBX now secured by Irdeto
- HorizonSAT chooses Irdeto to secure MENA pay TV offering