Europe Digital TV News
Nearly 5 million in France watch TV on a second screen each day
Nov 23, 2017 – Every day in France 4.9 million individuals aged 4 and over watch TV programmes live or as catch up on internet screens. Last year, they were 3.9 million, according to the previous edition of Médiamétrie’s Global TV survey.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT
Médiamétrie releases survey of SVOD market in France
Nov 22, 2017 – In France in 2017, 1 in 5 internet users aged 6 years and over used an SVOD service, compared to 15% in 2016, an increase of 40%. They were a little more than 1 in 10 in 2015. This growth is essentially driven by Netflix, which is ahead of two major French players: CanalPlayand SFR Play.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, OTT
Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
Nov 22, 2017 – Netflix and Deutsche Telekom (DT) have announced a partnership enabling all DT subsidiaries to benefit from the company's relationship with Netflix. So far, Telekom customers in Germany, Poland and the Netherlands have benefited from the cooperation.
News categories: Netflix, Deutsche Telekom, Maria Ferreras, Thomas Kicker, Apps, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, IPTV, Multiscreen, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Romania, Set Top Box
HbbTV and RadioDNS start HbbTV application discovery service
Nov 21, 2017 – RadioDNS and HbbTV have announced that RadioDNS has implemented support for HbbTV’s 'Application Discovery over Broadband' specification. The functionality is intended to benefit consumers that live in markets where the existing HbbTV triggers are not universally available.
News categories: RadioDNS, HbbTV Association, Nick Piggott, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Witbe and Divitel offer QoE management in Benelux & DACH
Nov 21, 2017 – Witbe and Divitel have become partners to offer managed testing and monitoring services for customers in Belgium, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Witbe products are used at Divitel’s TV and Video Application Lifecycle Testlab.
News categories: Witbe, Divitel, Marie-Veronique Lacaze, Hans Kornmann, Austria, Belgium, Digital TV, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, QoE, Switzerland
Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone and Telefónica top telcos in Europe
Nov 20, 2017 – According to Dataxis, in the second quarter of 2017, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone and Telefonica, were the leading telecom groups in Europe in term of revenue. Revenue for the top 10 was €51 billion in the quarter.
News categories: Dataxis, Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone, Telefónica, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research
ATP expands partnership with Amazon Prime Video
Nov 17, 2017 – ATP and ATP Media have announced two new deals with Amazon Prime Video – live and on-demand distribution rights to the ATP World Tour in U.K. and Republic of Ireland, and the availability of Tennis TV on Amazon Channels in the U.S.
News categories: ATP, ATP Media, Amazon, Chris Kermode, Mark Webster, Stuart Watts, Jim DeLorenzo, Digital TV, Ireland, OTT, UK, USA
ADB wins new project with Melita in Malta
Nov 16, 2017 – ADB has announced that Melita has chosen ADB to implement the commercial launch of its TV service. Melita will benefit from ADB’s experience in the STB market together with innovative applications provided via the RDK middleware.
News categories: ADB, Melita, Lennart Broers, Simon Poljsak, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, Middleware, Set Top Box
Quarter of European OTT platforms export outside country of origin
Nov 15, 2017 – Research from TVT Media shows the UK is at the epicentre of the explosion in over-the-top (OTT) video on demand (VOD) services across the European Union and Turkey, as 82 of its 226 OTT platforms – double any other EU nation – are VOD services targeted outside the UK.
News categories: TVT Media, Ian Brotherston, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT
- Nearly 5 million in France watch TV on a second screen each day
- Fiji selects EUTELSAT 172B to provide universal TV access
- Médiamétrie releases survey of SVOD market in France
- Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
- HbbTV and RadioDNS start HbbTV application discovery service
- Witbe and Divitel offer QoE management in Benelux & DACH
- Espial Elevate introduces Amazon Alexa voice support
- U.S. DOJ challenges AT&T/DIRECTV acquisition of Time Warner
- China and North America TV shipments fall sharply in Q3 2017
- NexPlayer HTML5 player now compatible with Conviva QoE platform
- Marvell and Cavium to combine
- Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone and Telefónica top telcos in Europe
- TV Plus DTH renews contract to use Intelsat 19
- RSCRYPTO announces availability on Mstar chips
- ATP expands partnership with Amazon Prime Video
- U.S. multichannel subscriber losses top 1 million in 3Q 2017
- Sinclair Broadcast and ONE Media set for ATSC 3.0 deployment
- FCC authorizes ATSC 3.0 transmission standard
- ADB wins new project with Melita in Malta
- black launches HD smart box in South Africa