Europe Digital TV News
Pay DTT up 52% year-on-year in Croatia
Feb 26, 2015 – The Croatian Post and Electronic Communications Agency (HAKOM) has reported communications market data to the end of the fourth quarter of 2014. Pay DTT (EvoTV) was the fastest growing TV segment with subscriptions rising by over 52% year-on-year.
News categories: HAKOM, Cable TV, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Rostelecom goes multiscreen with SmartLabs
Feb 26, 2015 – Rostelecom subscribers can now enjoy their content on PCs, laptops, tablets and Smart TVs. The new multiscreen feature is an extension of Rostelecom's IPTV service, which is powered by the SmartLabs IPTV Solution, and delivers digital TV services across Russia.
News categories: SmartLabs, Rostelecom, Mikhail Grachev, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Russia, Smart TV, TV Everywhere
Deutsche Telekom adds 109,000 TV customers in 4Q 2014
Feb 26, 2015 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released its fourth quarter 2014 results report. The company added 65 thousand TV customers in Germany during the final quarter. In the same period DT’s other European businesses gained 44 thousand TV customers.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Netherlands, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Telefónica adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
Feb 25, 2015 – Telefónica has presented its FY 2014 results. Pay TV accesses totaled 5.1 million, up 48% year-on-year in organic terms, on the back of 437 thousand net additions in the final quarter. In Spain, Pay TV accesses almost tripled over the year.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, IPTV, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
Beltelecom expands DVB-T2 coverage in Belarus
Feb 24, 2015 – Beltelecom has announced that its DVB-T2 digital terrestrial television (DTT) service is now available from transmitters in Obukhovo, Skersi, Radoshkovichi and Valozhyn in Belarus.
News categories: Beltelecom, Belarus, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
GameTree TV games for Liberty Global Horizon STBs
Feb 24, 2015 – TransGaming (TSX VENTURE:TNG) has announced a partnership to bring its GameTree TV on-demand TV games to Liberty Global's Horizon cable set-top boxes. GameTree TV will now be available throughout most of Europe.
News categories: TransGaming, Liberty Global, Dennis Ensing, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Express-AM7 satellite due for launch on March 19th
Feb 24, 2015 – Russian Satellite Communications Company (RSCC) has announced that its Express-AM7 satellite has been delivered to Baikonur. The launch of a Proton-M/Breeze-M with the satellite on board is scheduled for March 19, 2015.
News categories: RSCC, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Russia, Satellite
Amazon leads Germany's VOD market
Feb 24, 2015 – According to research undertaken by Goldmedia, Amazon Prime Instant Video is the most widely used video-on-demand (VOD) offering in Germany with a share of 33.2 percent. iTunes and Maxdome are in equal second place with 11.3% market share. Netflix is only in fifth place with 8%.
News categories: Goldmedia, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, OTT
iWedia provides SAT>IP software for Unitron multiswitch
Feb 24, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has provided its SAT>IP server software to Belgian digital TV headend manufacturer UnitronGroup for integration within its new Johansson 9830 multiswitch.
News categories: iWedia, Unitron, Hervé Creff, Stephen Deleu, Digital TV, Europe, Gateway, Home Networking, LNB, Middleware, Satellite
- Pay DTT up 52% year-on-year in Croatia
- Rostelecom goes multiscreen with SmartLabs
- Exset DMS integrated with DTV Research STBs
- EUTELSAT 115 West B satellite gears up for launch
- Deutsche Telekom adds 109,000 TV customers in 4Q 2014
- Frontier Communications to deploy co-branded versions of TiVo's products and services
- South Africa plans to migrate to digital 'within 2 years'
- TDS Telecom adds 4,000 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
- StarHub adds 3,000 pay TV customers in 4Q 2014
- SES to launch two satellites with SpaceX
- Telefónica adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
- Beltelecom expands DVB-T2 coverage in Belarus
- Enhanced TVNZ OnDemand launches with Brightcove
- CEC Liquid Telecom launches FTTH in Zambia
- GameTree TV games for Liberty Global Horizon STBs
- Express-AM7 satellite due for launch on March 19th
- Suddenlink digital TV customers down 26,300 in 4Q 2014
- Comcast adds 6,000 video subscribers in 4Q 2014
- Amazon leads Germany's VOD market
- iWedia provides SAT>IP software for Unitron multiswitch