Europe Digital TV News
Roku powers Sky Online TV Box in Germany
Oct 30, 2014 – Roku and Sky Deutschland have announced that the companies have entered into a strategic agreement using the Roku® streaming platform for the development of the Sky Online TV Box. Sky Online is a new stand-alone online TV service from Sky.
News categories: Roku, Sky Deutschland, Steve Shannon, Alice Mascia, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Set Top Box
Sky Deutschland announces Sky Online OTT service
Oct 30, 2014 – Sky Deutschland has announced a standalone online TV service, Sky Online, making it possible for everyone without a traditional Sky subscription to enjoy TV series, blockbusters and live sports on the internet, iPad and iPhone.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Brian Sullivan, Digital TV, Germany, OTT
Asia Pacific to lead multiscreen boom
Oct 29, 2014 – People will watch TV and video content on more and more devices as TV everywhere takes off. For the 51 countries covered in Digital TV Research’s Multiscreen TV & Video Forecasts report, the gross number of viewers will climb from 5.60 billion in 2010 to 11.32 billion by 2020.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, Multiscreen, North America, OTT, Smartphone, Subscribers, Tablet, Worldwide
Beltelecom expands DTT coverage in Belarus
Oct 27, 2014 – Beltelecom has announced that residents of the Baranovichy and Lyakhavichy districts in Belarus' Brest region, as well as the residents of the Karelichy district in the Grodno region are now able to receive the company's DTT service.
News categories: Beltelecom, Belarus, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Infrastructure, Terrestrial
Tivi OTT service begins test operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina
Oct 23, 2014 – Bosnia and Herzegovina's first OTT television platform has officially started test operations. The service, called Tivi, can be viewed free of charge on Android and Apple iOS devices such as smartphones and tablets as well as via Smart TVs.
News categories: Tivi, Apps, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, OTT
Norway's NexGenTel to re-use TDC IPTV platform
Oct 23, 2014 – TDC Group has announced that Norway's third largest broadband provider NexGenTel is to go live with a new IPTV platform based on TDC's technology after the two companies signed a cooperation agreement earlier this year.
News categories: TDC Group, NextGenTel, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Norway
Canal Digital taps Xstream for iPad TVE app
Oct 23, 2014 – Canal Digital customers in Norway, Sweden, Denmark and Finland can now see their favorite TV show and movies on their iPad with the recently launched Canal Digital GO iPad app, designed, developed and powered by Xstream.
News categories: Xstream A/S, Canal Digital, Frank Thorup, Tone Krohn Clausen, Apps, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, Sweden, TV Everywhere
Tricolor TV launches pilot Ultra HD 4K channel
Oct 22, 2014 – Russian satellite television service provider, Tricolor TV, has announced that it has begun broadcasting a pilot channel in Ultra HD - a first for Russia. The channel is broadcast with 4K resolution at 60 fps, using HEVC/H.265 compression.
News categories: Tricolor TV, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Express-AM6 DTH satellite put into orbit over Russia
Oct 22, 2014 – Communications and broadcasting satellite Express-AM6 has been launched into orbit. Express-AM6 will be deployed at 53°E, to provide coverage of European Russia, the Urals and Western Siberia as well as the Middle East, Europe and Africa.
News categories: RSCC, Yuri Prokhorov, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Russia, Satellite
- HTTV and TeVolution combine DTT/OTT efforts for Africa
- Bell Media to launch on-demand subscription TV in Canada
- TiVo now available from Cogeco Cable Canada
- Roku powers Sky Online TV Box in Germany
- Sky Deutschland announces Sky Online OTT service
- VUDU entertainment service launches on TiVo
- Ittiam enables HEVC support in Android Lollipop
- Charter video subscribers down 9,000 in 3Q 2014
- STMicroelectronics reports third quarter 2014 results
- Asia Pacific to lead multiscreen boom
- 14% of U.S. broadband homes now without traditional pay TV
- ARM announces single-core video codec IP for HEVC
- Silicon Labs launches 6th generation silicon tuners
- Beltelecom expands DTT coverage in Belarus
- Amazon introduces its Fire TV Stick
- Philippines digital TV to begin in 2019
- Sky TV New Zealand to launch NEON SVOD service in December
- Tivi OTT service begins test operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Global pay TV market to generate $269 billion in 2014
- U.S. broadband households watch 17.4 hours of non-linear video per week