Europe Digital TV News
TalkTalk boosts movie range with FilmFlex deal
Apr 23, 2014 – TalkTalk has announced a deal with FilmFlex Movies to bring its customers hundreds more movies on demand, with even more new releases available to rent on the same day as DVD.
News categories: TalkTalk, FilmFlex, Tristia Harrison, Jeff Henry, IPTV, UK
Infosys to deliver TV apps for Orange Livebox Play
Apr 23, 2014 – Infosys has a nnounced a partnership with Orange to offer customers a new immersive experience on Orange’s IPTV offering. Infosys will deliver a portfolio of interactive TV apps on the Orange Livebox Play™.
News categories: Infosys, Orange, Rajesh K. Murthy, Apps, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Set Top Box
Swisscom Android IPTV set-top operated by iWedia software
Apr 23, 2014 – iWedia has announced that the new Swisscom TV 2.0 Android IPTV set-top box runs iWedia's Teatro-3.5 software. Teatro-3.5 extends Android to support IPTV and OTT services with a Java user interface.
News categories: iWedia, Swisscom, Nikola Teslić, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
TEO LT adds 1,369 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2014
Apr 22, 2014 – TEO LT has released financial results for the first quarter of 2014. Over the first three months the number of IPTV subscribers increased by 4.3 per cent, over the year – by 14 per cent.
News categories: TEO LT, IPTV, Lithuania, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Netflix adds 4 million members in 1Q 2014
Apr 21, 2014 – Netflix (NASDAQ: NFLX) has released its first-quarter 2014 financial results. The comany ended Q1 with over 48 million global members, and topped $1 billion in quarterly streaming revenue.
News categories: Netflix, Cable TV, Europe, Latin America, Middleware, North America, OTT, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
Russian pay TV subscribers to grow another 5% in 2014
Apr 18, 2014 – According to iKS-Consulting, the number of pay-TV subscribers in Russia increased during 2013 by 11% to 34.6 million. In 2014, the number of subscribers is forecast to grow by another 5% to 36.2 million.
News categories: iKS-Consulting, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Ziggo digital pay TV subscribers down 16,000 in 1Q 2014
Apr 16, 2014 – Ziggo N.V. has released Q1 2014 results. Subscribers to digital pay TV decreased by 16,000 during the first quarter. For the full year, the number of subscribers to digital Pay TV is down by 58,000.
News categories: Ziggo, Cable TV, Netherlands, Results, Subscribers
ADB provides software and services to O2 Czech Republic
Apr 16, 2014 – ADB (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it has been appointed by O2 Czech Republic to manage the migration of o2's IPTV subscribers from Alcatel-Lucent MiViewTV middleware to the nangu.tv platform.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, O2 Czech Republic, David Duron, Peter Balchin, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Two European operators select Espial for multiscreen services
Apr 15, 2014 – Espial has announced that two of its existing European Pay TV operator customers, Vodafone in Iceland and Tele2 in the Netherlands, have selected Espial to power their multiscreen services on Tablets, Smartphones and PCs.
News categories: Espial, Vodafone, Tele2, Iceland, Middleware, Multiscreen, Netherlands
- Mexico pay TV penetration expected to reach 75% by 2018
- Akamai tops ABI Research multiscreen video service providers competitive assessment
- Verizon FiOS Video net additions slow further to 57,000 in 1Q 2014
- Time Warner Cable video subscribers down 34,000 in 1Q 2014
- Liberty Puerto Rico offers ActiveVideo Cloud UI
- Tigo Bolivia satellite DTH launches
- Single Touch and PMC form video patent exploitation JV
- Harmonic and Elemental tie for lead in multiscreen encoder market
- TalkTalk boosts movie range with FilmFlex deal
- Mexico's Megacable deploys Unified Headend from Harmonic
- Infosys to deliver TV apps for Orange Livebox Play
- Swisscom Android IPTV set-top operated by iWedia software
- U-verse TV adds 201,000 subscribers in 1Q 2014
- Fan TV coming to Time Warner Cable subscribers
- VESA and MIPI announce Display Stream Compression standard
- VIVA+ DTH launches in Indonesia
- TEO LT adds 1,369 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2014
- The Chernin Group and AT&T create OTT joint venture
- Comcast adds 24,000 billable video customers in 1Q 2014
- ViXS demonstrates RDK client on UltraHD 4K platform