Europe Digital TV News
ADB provides gateway to Netia in Poland
Apr 17, 2018 – ADB has announced that Netia has chosen ADB’s VV 5822 gateway to deliver multimedia services to individual and business customers. The platform is equipped with ADB’s Epicentro software.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Netia, Jacek Galik, Bartłomiej Zaremba, CPE, Digital TV, IPTV, Poland
Global pay TV revenues to fall by 11%
Apr 16, 2018 – According to Digital TV Research, global pay TV revenues peaked in 2016 at $205 billion. Revenues will fall by 11% to $183 billion in 2023, despite the number of pay TV subscribers rising by 9%.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Worldwide
Com Hem deploys hybrid Android TV STB based on 3READY Operator Tier
Apr 13, 2018 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Com Hem has selected the 3SS 3READY Android TV Client with custom launcher to power its new Android TV UHD-4K Hybrid STB, the Com Hem Tv Hub
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Com Hem, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thomas Helbo, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
9.5 million watching online and catch-up TV daily in France
Apr 12, 2018 – According to Médiamétrie, each day 4.4 million French viewers aged 4 and above, i.e. 7.3% of the population, watch television online (computer, smartphone, or tablet) either live or catch-up – a 10% rise on last year.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, OTT
Com Hem and Boxer launch Android TV-based Tv Hub
Apr 12, 2018 – Com Hem has launched its Android TV-based platform Tv Hub, for both Com Hem and Boxer customers. The Tv Hub combines linear TV with play services in HDR and 4K quality. The Tv Hub was designed with partners such as Google, Technicolor and 3SS.
News categories: Com Hem, Jessica Andersson, Maria Ferreras, Marec-Nicholas Gasiun, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
NewonTV selects Cybermedia Television to power its Dutch OTT TV service
Apr 11, 2018 – Cybermedia Television has announced that it has been selected by NewonTV, a new Dutch OTT platform providing all primary TV channels in the Netherlands, premium content packs, community driven linear TV info channels and a range of entertainment, information and smart home TV apps.
News categories: Cybermedia Television, NewonTV, Ron van Herk, Peter Blok, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Netherlands, OTT
M7 extends contract with SES at 19.2°E
Apr 11, 2018 – M7 Group will continue to provide its subscribers with TV reception following an extension agreement with SES for the delivery of its channels via Europe’s prime orbital position of 19.2 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, M7 Group, Martin Ornass-Kubacki, Bill Wijdeveld, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
Global pay TV to gain 95 million subscribers
Apr 10, 2018 – Digital TV Research forecasts 95 million additional pay TV subscribers between 2017 and 2023 to take the global total to 1.10 billion. Based on forecasts for 138 countries, the number of pay TV subscribers passed 1 billion in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Intelsat debuts MCPC platform for Central and Eastern Europe
Apr 9, 2018 – Intelsat (NYSE: I) has announced that it has launched a Ku-band Multi-Channel Per Carrier (MCPC) media platform for Central and Eastern Europe. Programmers will be able to contribute SD or HD content from anywhere around the world.
News categories: Intelsat, Encompass Digital Media, Rob Cerbone, Marc Bruce, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, NABShow, Satellite
- Pay TV/OTT and Telecom operator revenue reached $410 billion in Q4 2017
- Samsung took over no. 1 slot in semiconductor revenue in 2017
- Revenues at top 10 pay TV operators to drop $20 billion
- TELUS launches 4K HDR TV -- a first in Canada
- NBCUniversal to license its Audience Graph to OpenAP
- Arianespace wins contract for BSAT-4b
- AT&T withdraws Latin America IPO
- Mobile screens essential for Live TV services, finds Strategy Analytics
- Amazon to sell Fire TV Edition Smart TVs through Best Buy
- Broadpeak optimizes video delivery for HBO Latin America
- Broadband Forum brings IoT home with new USP standard
- ADB provides gateway to Netia in Poland
- ESPN+ streaming now available on Roku devices
- Global pay TV revenues to fall by 11%
- Latin America had 18.2 million SVOD subscribers at end-2017
- Amazon Prime Video accessible on Partner TV STBs in Israel
- Com Hem deploys hybrid Android TV STB based on 3READY Operator Tier
- Comcast to offer Netflix as part of Xfinity packages
- 37 million pay TV subscribers for Sub-Saharan Africa in 2023
- 9.5 million watching online and catch-up TV daily in France