Europe Digital TV News
Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in Ukraine
Nov 24, 2015 – Kyivstar has announced the availability of its 'Home TV' IPTV service across the entirety of its FTTB network in Ukraine. The company had been testing Home TV in the cities of Krivoy Rog (Kryvyi Rih) and Zhytomyr before the launch.
News categories: Kyivstar, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Ukraine
O2 Czech Republic introduces OTT set-top box
Nov 24, 2015 – O2 Czech Republic has announced the availability of a new set-top box. The box allows for reception of the company's O2 TV Air service over a connection from any internet service provider.
News categories: O2 Czech Republic, Czech Republic, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
57% of Western European households own at least one connected CE device
Nov 24, 2015 – Parks Associates' Connected Consumer in Europe research project has found that approximately 9% of Western European broadband households own at least one smart home device and 57% own at least one internet-connected CE device.
News categories: Parks Associates, Stuart Sikes, Digital TV, France, Germany, Market Research, Spain, UK
V-Nova powers Real Madrid vs. Barcelona UltraHD broadcast
Nov 23, 2015 – V-Nova has announced today that its PERSEUS technology was deployed by Mediapro’s Overon for visually lossless contribution of the November 21 'El Clásico' match between Real Madrid and Barcelona played at the Santiago Bernabau stadium in Madrid, Spain.
News categories: V-Nova, Mediapro, Guido Meardi, Eric Achtmann, Infrastructure, IPTV, Spain
FLIX.TV acquires satellite broadcasting licence in the Czech Republic
Nov 21, 2015 – The Council for Radio and Television Broadcasting (RRTV), the broadcasting regulator in the Czech Republic, has issued a satellite broadcasting licence to FLIX.TV. According to the RRTV announcement, the service will be targeted at the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Hungary.
News categories: RRTV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, Regulation, Satellite, Slovakia
Tricolor TV begins broadcasting of Ultra HD package
Nov 18, 2015 – Tricolor TV has announced that it has started broadcasting an Ultra HD package, which includes two ultra high-definition TV channels. Subscribers get access to movies and documentaries, as well as sports and entertainment programs in 4K at no extra charge.
News categories: Tricolor TV, 1HDTV, Alexey Kholodov, Nikolay Orlov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 Commercial Requirements
Nov 18, 2015 – At the 81st meeting of the DVB Steering Board, Commercial Requirements for the next phase of Ultra High Definition Television were approved thus allowing the technical work on the specification to progress.
News categories: DVB, Phil Laven, Digital TV, Europe, Worldwide
Sky unveils Sky Q home entertainment system
Nov 18, 2015 – Sky has unveiled Sky Q, its next-generation home entertainment system. Sky Q makes it easier to access TV and brings a wider range of entertainment to the big screen. Sky Q products connect wirelessly to create a TV ecosystem.
News categories: Sky, Jeremy Darroch, Apps, Digital TV, Home Networking, Ireland, Multiscreen, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK, Wireless
Google Play Movies & TV coming to LG Smart TVs
Nov 17, 2015 – Starting this month, U.S. owners of LG Smart TVs will be able to enjoy thousands of movies and TV shows through 'Google Play Movies & TV.' Compatible with LG's webOS Smart TV platform, Google Play Movies & TV will offer content in both HD and SD formats.
News categories: LG Electronics, Google, David VanderWaal, Apps, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK, USA
- SkyVision launches satellite TV platforms for Africa
- 4K TVs to reach 23% market penetration in 2016
- PS4 sales surpass 30.2 million units worldwide
- Mariner xVu now monitoring over 30 million devices
- Venezuela's Pay TV subscribers up 146,000 in 2Q 2015
- Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in Ukraine
- O2 Czech Republic introduces OTT set-top box
- 57% of Western European households own at least one connected CE device
- Active DTH subscribers in India fell 1.41 million in 2Q 2015
- V-Nova powers Real Madrid vs. Barcelona UltraHD broadcast
- FLIX.TV acquires satellite broadcasting licence in the Czech Republic
- Next Step to offer DTH TV platform in Thailand with Intelsat
- CAN Tech and Stream TV partner to provide Glasses-Free 3D content
- Tricolor TV begins broadcasting of Ultra HD package
- DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 Commercial Requirements
- Celeno Wi-Fi chips to power Altech gateways and STBs
- Sky unveils Sky Q home entertainment system
- Canal Holdings selects SES for TV distribution across West Africa
- Netflix to reach 115 million subscribers
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 OTT S-VOD services in the U.S.