Europe Digital TV News
Satellite TV now in 8.4 million Italian homes
Oct 25, 2016 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has presented fresh data on trends shaping Italy’s TV landscape where average viewing of linear content is the highest in Western Europe, at four hours and 40 minutes per person per day.
News categories: Eutelsat, Renato Farina, Digital TV, Italy, Market Research, Satellite
Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
Oct 25, 2016 – Telia has selected the VIP4302 set-top from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to deliver IPTV services to its TV and streaming customers in Sweden and Finland. The new service offers IPTV content with Netflix and YouTube integrated.
News categories: ARRIS International, Telia, Steve McCaffery, Christofer Peilitz, Digital TV, Finland, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
Audiovisual media revenues in Germany to pass €11bn this year
Oct 24, 2016 – This year, Germany’s audiovisual media will for the first time generate more than 11 billion euros in revenue. Across all the industry’s market segments, VPRT is forecasting revenue growth of 6.2 percent.
News categories: VPRT, Hans Demmel, Frank Giersberg, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research, Multiscreen
Accedo AppGrid powers VOD services from ProSiebenSat.1 Digital
Oct 19, 2016 – Accedo has announced that its cloud-based application publishing and configuration platform, Accedo AppGrid, is powering seven new Video On Demand (VOD) services for ProSiebenSat.1 Digital GmbH.
News categories: Accedo, ProSiebenSat.1 Digital, Michael Lantz, Digital TV, Germany, Infrastructure, OTT
Telia announces regional partnership with Netflix
Oct 18, 2016 – Telia has announced a partnership with Netflix. Telia’s customers in Sweden and Finland will be the first to get access to Netflix with Telia’s new generation media box, launching on October 18. The partnership will rollout to more countries through 2017.
News categories: Telia, Netflix, Johanna Berlinde, Apps, Baltics, Digital TV, Finland, OTT, Set Top Box, Sweden
CleverIT targets Eastern Europe with Amino IoT solution
Oct 18, 2016 – Systems integrator CleverIT, part of the Sweden-based Scanwinavia group, has selected Amino’s Fusion cloud-based home management solution to launch a new 'Internet of Things' offering in Eastern Europe.
News categories: Amino, CleverIT, Donald McGarva, Géza Füstös, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Hungary, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Serbia, Slovenia, Smart Home, Sweden
Samsung adds Marlin DRM to HbbTV 2.0 Smart TVs for Italy
Oct 18, 2016 – Intertrust and Samsung have announced a partnership that will expand DRM standardization for digital media. Under the agreement, Samsung will ship Marlin DRM software in its HbbTV 2.0-enabled Smart TVs for users in Italy.
News categories: Intertrust, Tivù, Samsung, Talal G. Shamoon, Alberto Sigismondi, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, HbbTV, Italy, Smart TV
Appear TV multiscreen/OTT video platform for Orange Slovakia
Oct 17, 2016 – Appear TV has announced that Slovakia’s largest mobile operator, Orange SK, has installed the XC5000 platform OTT headend system. The integration was done by Sunteq, a provider of digital audio and video technologies who represents Appear TV in Slovakia and the Czech Republic.
News categories: Appear TV, Orange, Carl Walter Holst, Jirí Laznicka, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, OTT, Slovakia
French SVOD usage up 25% in 8 months
Oct 14, 2016 – According to Médiamétrie's SVOD Barometer, 15% of French web users pay for Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) services. This is a 25% increase compared to the previous barometer conducted eight months previously.
News categories: Médiamétrie, Digital TV, France, Market Research, OTT
- A fifth of Latin America's homes to pay for SVOD
- TVision raises $6.8m for attention-based ad measurement
- Roku partners with comScore for video ad measurement
- Comcast video subscribers up 32,000 in 3Q 2016
- Montage Technology standardises on Arteris interconnect IP for STB SoCs
- First live ATSC 3.0 broadcast of a major professional sporting event
- Netflix retains top position in US OTT
- Millicom cable RGUs up 94,000 in 3Q 2016
- Satellite TV now in 8.4 million Italian homes
- Allegro DVT releases multi-codec verification coverage tool
- CRTC releases report on the broadcasting sector in Canada
- Airtel Digital TV adds 256,000 subscribers in 3Q 2016
- Telia deploys ARRIS IPTV STBs in Sweden and Finland
- ICFLIX launches on Xbox One console
- Audiovisual media revenues in Germany to pass €11bn this year
- DIRECTV up 323k; U-Verse down 326k; DTVLA down 48k subscribers in 3Q 2016
- YouTube app debuts on DISH's Hopper 3 DVR
- Allegro DVT introduces lightweight video encoder IP
- Verizon FIOS video subscribers up 36,000 in 2Q 2016
- Verizon Digital Media Services powers Newsy OTT content