Europe Digital TV News
Deutsche Telekom adds 70,000 TV customers in 1Q 2016
May 4, 2016 – Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt: DTE)(NYSE:DT) has released its first quarter 2016 results report. In the first quarter of 2016 DT added 53 thousand new TV customers in Germany and 17 thousand in the rest of Europe.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Cable TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
Telefonica adds 94,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2016
Apr 29, 2016 – Telefónica (NYSE:TEF) (LSE:TDE) has announced results for the first quarter of 2016. Video revenues totaled 665.4 million euros, up 17.3% vs. the first quarter of 2015. Pay TV accesses totalled 8.4 million at March (4.5 million satellite TV).
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Central America, Chile, Colombia, IPTV, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
NetCologne launches NetTV IPTV service
Apr 28, 2016 – German regional cable TV operator, NetCologne, will launched an IPTV service, called NetTV, on May 2nd. For an additional monthly fee of €9.99 NetCologne customers will receive around 80 channels, some in high definition.
News categories: Netcologne, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom upgrades Entertain TV service
Apr 28, 2016 – Deutsche Telekom has announced the launch of a new release of its Entertain TV IPTV service. The updated service adds Restart TV, allowing the user to go back to the beginning of a live programme, alongside a catch-up service covering the previous 7 days.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Set Top Box
Accenture enables Mediaset Premium OTT
Apr 28, 2016 – Accenture (NYSE: ACN) has collaborated with Italy’s largest commercial TV broadcaster, Mediaset, to deliver UEFA Champions League football matches – using a new, online 'over-the-top' Internet video service – to more than one million consumers.
News categories: Accenture, Mediaset, Francesco Venturini, Franco Ricci, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Italy, Multiscreen, OTT
Verizon, Telstra, kt and EE launch LTE-Broadcast Alliance
Apr 27, 2016 – At TV Connect 2016 in London, four of the world’s leading mobile network operators, representing North America, Australia, South Korea and the UK, announced they are forming the LTE-Broadcast Alliance.
News categories: EE, Verizon, Telstra, kt, Matt Stagg, Parissa Pandkhou, Mike Wright, Australia, Digital TV, Korea, LTE, MBMS, Mobile, TVConnect, UK, USA
Global pay TV revenues to peak in 2018
Apr 27, 2016 – Global pay TV revenues will only grow by $99 million between 2015 and 2021 to $205.92 billion; having peaked in 2018. This follows 19.5% growth between 2010 and 2015, according to the Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Satellite, Terrestrial, Worldwide
TalkTalk introduces TalkTalk TV Store
Apr 26, 2016 – TalkTalk has unveiled the TalkTalk TV Store, a pay-as-you-go service offering the latest movies and hit TV shows at Britain’s lowest price. The service is an update of the blinkbox platform that it acquired in 2015.
News categories: TalkTalk, Aleks Habdank, Digital TV, OTT, UK
SoftAtHome provides software for Mobistar unbundled cable
Apr 25, 2016 – SoftAtHome has announced the delivery of its latest software release, enabling the launch of Mobistar’s new TV offering over unbundled cable in Belgium. The service makes Mobistar one of the first true Cable Virtual Network Operators in the world.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Mobistar, Michel Degland, Jean-Marc Harion, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, TVConnect
- Deutsche Telekom adds 70,000 TV customers in 1Q 2016
- Mediacom video subscribers down 2,000 in 1Q 2016
- EUTELSAT 7B chosen by Liquid Telecom for Africa DTH
- Jiuzhou to deploy SERAPHIC HTML5 browser
- EUTELSAT 65 West A satellite goes live at 65° West
- Nigeria launches DTT pilot in Jos
- U.S. 4K Ultra HD TV sales exceed 1.5 million units in Q1
- Telefonica adds 94,000 pay TV subscribers in 1Q 2016
- NetCologne launches NetTV IPTV service
- Deutsche Telekom upgrades Entertain TV service
- Bangladesh’s first DTH service RealVU set in operation
- Accenture enables Mediaset Premium OTT
- TWC residential video subscribers up 21,000 in 1Q 2016
- CNN launch partner for comScore combined TV and digital audience metrics
- Verizon, Telstra, kt and EE launch LTE-Broadcast Alliance
- IoT to Account for 28% of Wireless Connectivity IC Market by 2021
- Airtel Digital TV adds 619,000 subscribers in 1Q 2016
- Indosat Ooredoo to bundle iflix OTT service
- ZTE trials AndroidTV STB at Tokushima Cable
- Global pay TV revenues to peak in 2018