Europe Digital TV News
M7 launches DTH platform in Germany
Feb 14, 2018 – M7 Group has launched Diveo, a pay TV service targeting the 17 million German households receiving their TV via satellite on ASTRA at 19.2°E. Diveo is a hybrid platform, combining satellite TV with the strengths of the internet.
News categories: M7 Group, Diveo, Hans Troelstra, Oliver Rockstein, Apps, CAM, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
Feb 13, 2018 – MX1 has announced that it is providing content aggregation for a number of channels from 1&1's newest TV offerings. As Germany's first fully cloud-based TV service, 1&1 offers its DSL customers HD television via the Internet.
News categories: MX1, 1&1, Christoph Mühleib, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV
Sky, Adobe, TVbeat and Alphonso form TV data consortium
Feb 7, 2018 – Sky, Adobe Systems, TVbeat and Alphonso have formed a thought leadership consortium that will work with the European TV industry to explore opportunities enabled by developments in measurement, metrics and data.
News categories: Sky Media, Adobe, TVBeat, Alphonso, Jamie West, Philip Duffield, Abbas Tahzib, TS Kelly, Jon Chase, Katty Roberfroid, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, UK
Radio Television of Serbia broadcasts all channels via SES Video
Feb 5, 2018 – SES has announced that Radio Television of Serbia (RTS) is now transmitting its entire bouquet of nine TV channels and four radio stations via Astra 5°E, following an extension deal between SES and Telekom Srbija.
News categories: SES S.A, Telekom Srbija, RTS, Martin Ornass-Kubacki, Milica Jovičić, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Serbia
Vodafone may acquire some of Liberty Global's European assets
Feb 2, 2018 – Vodafone has confirmed that it is in early stage discussions with Liberty Global regarding the potential acquisition of certain overlapping continental European assets owned by Liberty Global.
News categories: Vodafone, Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, MnA, Satellite
Discovery develops audience measurement for its Olympic Winter Games coverage
Feb 1, 2018 – As part of their preparations to deliver coverage of the Olympic Winter Games, Discovery and its sports brand Eurosport have developed a methodology to measure audience behavior across Europe. The metrics will capture data across free-to-air, pay TV, online and social platforms.
News categories: Discovery, Jean-Briac Perrette, Chris Jones, Thomas Bach, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, Multiscreen
Quantenna provides wireless chipsets for Canal+ France
Jan 29, 2018 – Quantenna (Nasdaq:QTNA) has announced that the Canal+ 'G9' satellite STB integrates Quantenna's 802.11ac 4x4 chipset to distribute video to its companion 'G9-mini' wireless OTT STB. The G9-mini integrates Quantenna's 2x4 dual-band 802.11ac/11n chipset.
News categories: Quantenna, Canal+, David Carroll, Philippe Rivas, Digital TV, France, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
7.4 million linear OTT pay TV subscribers in Europe at end-3Q 2017
Jan 29, 2018 – According to Dataxis, linear OTT Pay TV market in Europe reached 7.4 million subscribers at the end of September 2017. This represents a growth of 13% compared to the previous quarter.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
NOW TV launches UK’s cheapest TV Smart Stick
Jan 25, 2018 – Streaming service NOW TV is set to launch the NOW TV Smart Stick, the UK’s cheapest streaming stick and a brand new way to get the best pay-TV shows, the latest and greatest movies and exclusive live sports on your telly.
News categories: NOW TV, Roku, Gidon Katz, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
- Inscape partners with Dativa to speed adoption of Smart TV data
- M7 launches DTH platform in Germany
- NEOTION and Tellmeplus embed native AI in secure IoT devices
- NTT DATA roll out immersive content with Jaunt's XR Platform
- ARRIS set-tops to power Bell Canada's MediaFirst deployment
- Service Electric Cablevision selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- MX1 provides content aggregation for 1&1's cloud TV
- Liberty Latin America to buy 80% of Costa Rica's Cabletica
- DSCC and Insight Media launch 8K TV report
- JW Player launches Video Player Bidding with SpotX
- Videocon d2h adds 160,000 net subscribers in 4Q 2017
- Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
- RCN rolls-out 4K-enabled STBs in the Lehigh Valley
- Buckeye signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
- Digicel PlayGo partners with Matrixstream for OTT Winter Olympics streaming
- IAB whitepaper explores use of blockchain for video advertising
- Yospace and Seven agree dynamic ad insertion deal for live OTT channels
- Espial signs large North American cable operator
- Sky, Adobe, TVbeat and Alphonso form TV data consortium
- ISSI acquires wired connectivity business of Sigma Designs