CTIA Wireless 2013: May 21-23, 2013: Las Vegas, NV
Monsoon Multimedia Announces HAVA TV Place-Shifting for the Nokia Internet Tablet
Apr 2, 2008 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced HAVA support for the Nokia N800 and N810 Internet Tablets, and the upcoming Nokia N810 Internet Tablet WiMAX Edition, allowing customers to view and control their home TV from anywhere in the world over WiMAX or WiFi.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, Home Networking, Media Player, Multiscreen, Placeshifting, Smartphone, Tablet, WiMax, Wireless
Garmin licenses S3's onHandTV Mobile TV Software
Mar 31, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that their onHandTV™ Mobile TV software has been licensed by Garmin, the global leader in portable satellite navigation.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Garmin, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, DVB-H, In-Car, Italy, Middleware, Multiscreen
WiMAX Forum® Forecasts 133 Million WiMAX Users by 2012
Mar 31, 2008 – The WiMAX Forum today announced it projects more than 133 million WiMAX users globally by 2012. The forecast is based on the results of an independently commissioned research study to be published in April 2008.
News categories: WiMAX Forum, CTIA Wireless, Market Research, Multiscreen, Subscribers, WiMax
SRS Labs Showcases Premium Audio, Voice and Surround Sound Solutions for Mobile Media at CTIA Wireless in Las Vegas
Mar 31, 2008 – SRS Labs (Nasdaq: SRSL) has revealed details of their exhibit at CTIA in Las Vegas where they will offer demonstrations of their premium audio and voice solutions for the mobile media market.
News categories: SRS Labs, CTIA Wireless, Multiscreen
Sling Media Announces SlingPlayer Mobile for UIQ on Symbian OS
Mar 27, 2008 – Sling Media has announced SlingPlayer™ Mobile for UIQ on Symbian OS™, bringing the best mobile TV experience to this popular smartphone platform.
News categories: Sling Media, UIQ, Symbian, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Placeshifting
NextWave Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent Collaborate on the Development of Next-Generation WiMAX Broadcast Solution
Mar 12, 2008 – NextWave Wireless (NASDAQ: WAVE) has announced that it has entered into a strategic agreement with Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE: ALU) to develop advanced WiMAX broadcast solutions for mobile operators worldwide.
News categories: NextWave Wireless, Alcatel-Lucent, Broadband, Broadcasting, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Semiconductor, WiMax
NextWave Wireless Announces MXtv™, a Breakthrough Mobile TV and Advertising Platform for WiMAX Operators
Mar 10, 2008 – NextWave Wireless (NASDAQ: WAVE) has announced the launch of MXtv, a mobile multicast and broadcast technology that enables WiMAX operators to deliver multimedia services including mobile TV without having to invest in new spectrum or additional radio access network equipment.
News categories: NextWave Wireless, Huawei, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Tablet, WiMax
MobiTV Now Serves More Than Three Million Subscribers
Oct 22, 2007 – MobiTV has announced that the Company has surpassed three million subscriptions for its services worldwide; adding one million in six short months.
News categories: MobiTV, Broadband, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Subscribers
Bluestreak Technology raises USD $20 million in Series D financing
Oct 11, 2007 – Bluestreak Technology has announced that it has secured USD $20 million dollars in Series D financing. France's Iris Capital, a new investor, led the round, which also includes internal investors and a new investor Tomorrow Group from Korea.
News categories: Bluestreak Technology, Iris Capital, Tomorrow Group, Solidarity Fund QFL, Canada, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, DVB-H, IPTV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Venture Capital
- MStar Semi to integrate Cryptography Research CryptoFirewall Security Core
- Energy efficient set-top boxes saving hundreds of millions of dollars
- More 4K UHD TVs shipped in Q2 2014 than in all 2013
- Spark New Zealand selects OTT platform provider, Xstream
- Videotron releases illico X8 set-top box
- Chunghwa Telecom to conduct 4K HEVC streaming trial with Broadpeak
- Fifth of Europe's TV homes to subscribe to online packages by 2020
- Canada's Rogers and Shaw launch 'shomi' subscription VOD service
- Ecuavisa launches HD DTT with ATEME
- Fujitsu presents HEVC HD decoder SoC
- Estonia's Starman launches TV Everywhere service
- S3 Group unveils StormTest Warning Center
- Albis introduces SceneGate 8073 IPTV/OTT set-top box at IBC
- SmartVOD launches first VOD Hollywood premium service in Africa
- NEOTION and Sat-Trakt launch Cardless CAM in Serbia
- TiVo launches Over-the-Air DVR
- MultiChoice launches single view DStv HD Decoder
- ULDAGE announces call for patents essential to Ultra HD
- Elemental powers Deutsche Glasfaser linear and multiscreen TV
- ICASA issues updated DTT regulations