Super Mobility Week 2014: September 9-11, 2014: Las Vegas, NV
TTP to Showcase Technology Allowing US Digital TV Broadcasts to Be Viewed on Current Cell Phones at CTIA Wireless '09
Mar 19, 2009 – The Technology Partnership (TTP) has developed technology to help broadcasters, cellular carriers and accessory brands capitalise on the new mobile-specific (ATSC-M/H) digital TV (DTV) transmissions being established across the US during 2009.
News categories: TTP, Streamezzo, ATSC Mobile DTV, Multiscreen, Super Mobility Week
Monsoon Multimedia Announces HAVA TV Place-Shifting for the Nokia Internet Tablet
Apr 2, 2008 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced HAVA support for the Nokia N800 and N810 Internet Tablets, and the upcoming Nokia N810 Internet Tablet WiMAX Edition, allowing customers to view and control their home TV from anywhere in the world over WiMAX or WiFi.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, Digital TV, Media Player, Multiscreen, Placeshifting, Smart Home, Smartphone, Super Mobility Week, Tablet, WiMax, Wireless
Garmin licenses S3's onHandTV Mobile TV Software
Mar 31, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that their onHandTV™ Mobile TV software has been licensed by Garmin, the global leader in portable satellite navigation.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Garmin, Digital TV, DVB-H, In-Car, Italy, Middleware, Multiscreen, Super Mobility Week
WiMAX Forum® Forecasts 133 Million WiMAX Users by 2012
Mar 31, 2008 – The WiMAX Forum today announced it projects more than 133 million WiMAX users globally by 2012. The forecast is based on the results of an independently commissioned research study to be published in April 2008.
News categories: WiMAX Forum, Market Research, Multiscreen, Subscribers, Super Mobility Week, WiMax
SRS Labs Showcases Premium Audio, Voice and Surround Sound Solutions for Mobile Media at CTIA Wireless in Las Vegas
Mar 31, 2008 – SRS Labs (Nasdaq: SRSL) has revealed details of their exhibit at CTIA in Las Vegas where they will offer demonstrations of their premium audio and voice solutions for the mobile media market.
News categories: SRS Labs, Multiscreen, Super Mobility Week
Sling Media Announces SlingPlayer Mobile for UIQ on Symbian OS
Mar 27, 2008 – Sling Media has announced SlingPlayer™ Mobile for UIQ on Symbian OS™, bringing the best mobile TV experience to this popular smartphone platform.
News categories: Sling Media, UIQ, Symbian, Digital TV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Placeshifting, Super Mobility Week
NextWave Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent Collaborate on the Development of Next-Generation WiMAX Broadcast Solution
Mar 12, 2008 – NextWave Wireless (NASDAQ: WAVE) has announced that it has entered into a strategic agreement with Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE: ALU) to develop advanced WiMAX broadcast solutions for mobile operators worldwide.
News categories: NextWave Wireless, Alcatel-Lucent, Broadband, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Semiconductor, Super Mobility Week, WiMax
NextWave Wireless Announces MXtv™, a Breakthrough Mobile TV and Advertising Platform for WiMAX Operators
Mar 10, 2008 – NextWave Wireless (NASDAQ: WAVE) has announced the launch of MXtv, a mobile multicast and broadcast technology that enables WiMAX operators to deliver multimedia services including mobile TV without having to invest in new spectrum or additional radio access network equipment.
News categories: NextWave Wireless, Huawei, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Super Mobility Week, Tablet, WiMax
MobiTV Now Serves More Than Three Million Subscribers
Oct 22, 2007 – MobiTV has announced that the Company has surpassed three million subscriptions for its services worldwide; adding one million in six short months.
News categories: MobiTV, Broadband, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Subscribers, Super Mobility Week
- Top LatAm pay TV operators continue to dominate
- Majority of Netflix subscribers to be outside US by 2018
- Harmonic to show virtual reality with UHD resolution at IBCShow
- Skyworth claims global number three STB slot
- Video technology players continue to dwindle as platform ownership desires surge
- Varying growth opportunities for Asia Pacific pay-TV service providers
- TDG forecasts significant growth for Social-Mobile video
- ABOX42 to unveil STB with built-in Smart Home Gateway at IBCShow
- Asia’s top operators to gain pay TV market share
- Amino secures software licensing contract with PCCW Media
- 120 million voice-enabled Smart Home devices to ship in 2021
- Major U.S. pay TV operators lose 665,000 subscribers in 2Q 2016
- Worldwide AR/VR revenues to reach $162 billion in 2020
- 4K adoption for OTT set to soar over the next 5 years
- Virgin Media begins update of TiVo STBs
- Freesat launches live audience measurement service
- ABI Research forecasts a flat video software market through 2021
- Next 10 years look upbeat for the U.S. cable industry
- Energy efficient STBs saved US consumers $646m in 2015
- Africa Pay TV subscribers to reach 30 million in 2021