Super Mobility Week 2014: September 9-11, 2014: Las Vegas, NV
TTP to Showcase Technology Allowing US Digital TV Broadcasts to Be Viewed on Current Cell Phones at CTIA Wireless '09
Mar 19, 2009 – The Technology Partnership (TTP) has developed technology to help broadcasters, cellular carriers and accessory brands capitalise on the new mobile-specific (ATSC-M/H) digital TV (DTV) transmissions being established across the US during 2009.
News categories: TTP, Streamezzo, ATSC Mobile DTV, Multiscreen, Super Mobility Week
Monsoon Multimedia Announces HAVA TV Place-Shifting for the Nokia Internet Tablet
Apr 2, 2008 – Monsoon Multimedia has announced HAVA support for the Nokia N800 and N810 Internet Tablets, and the upcoming Nokia N810 Internet Tablet WiMAX Edition, allowing customers to view and control their home TV from anywhere in the world over WiMAX or WiFi.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, Digital TV, Home Networking, Media Player, Multiscreen, Placeshifting, Smartphone, Super Mobility Week, Tablet, WiMax, Wireless
Garmin licenses S3's onHandTV Mobile TV Software
Mar 31, 2008 – Silicon & Software Systems (S3) has announced that their onHandTV™ Mobile TV software has been licensed by Garmin, the global leader in portable satellite navigation.
News categories: Silicon & Software Systems, Garmin, Digital TV, DVB-H, In-Car, Italy, Middleware, Multiscreen, Super Mobility Week
WiMAX Forum® Forecasts 133 Million WiMAX Users by 2012
Mar 31, 2008 – The WiMAX Forum today announced it projects more than 133 million WiMAX users globally by 2012. The forecast is based on the results of an independently commissioned research study to be published in April 2008.
News categories: WiMAX Forum, Market Research, Multiscreen, Subscribers, Super Mobility Week, WiMax
SRS Labs Showcases Premium Audio, Voice and Surround Sound Solutions for Mobile Media at CTIA Wireless in Las Vegas
Mar 31, 2008 – SRS Labs (Nasdaq: SRSL) has revealed details of their exhibit at CTIA in Las Vegas where they will offer demonstrations of their premium audio and voice solutions for the mobile media market.
News categories: SRS Labs, Multiscreen, Super Mobility Week
Sling Media Announces SlingPlayer Mobile for UIQ on Symbian OS
Mar 27, 2008 – Sling Media has announced SlingPlayer™ Mobile for UIQ on Symbian OS™, bringing the best mobile TV experience to this popular smartphone platform.
News categories: Sling Media, UIQ, Symbian, Digital TV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Placeshifting, Super Mobility Week
NextWave Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent Collaborate on the Development of Next-Generation WiMAX Broadcast Solution
Mar 12, 2008 – NextWave Wireless (NASDAQ: WAVE) has announced that it has entered into a strategic agreement with Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE: ALU) to develop advanced WiMAX broadcast solutions for mobile operators worldwide.
News categories: NextWave Wireless, Alcatel-Lucent, Broadband, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Semiconductor, Super Mobility Week, WiMax
NextWave Wireless Announces MXtv™, a Breakthrough Mobile TV and Advertising Platform for WiMAX Operators
Mar 10, 2008 – NextWave Wireless (NASDAQ: WAVE) has announced the launch of MXtv, a mobile multicast and broadcast technology that enables WiMAX operators to deliver multimedia services including mobile TV without having to invest in new spectrum or additional radio access network equipment.
News categories: NextWave Wireless, Huawei, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Super Mobility Week, Tablet, WiMax
MobiTV Now Serves More Than Three Million Subscribers
Oct 22, 2007 – MobiTV has announced that the Company has surpassed three million subscriptions for its services worldwide; adding one million in six short months.
News categories: MobiTV, Broadband, Digital TV, Multiscreen, OTT, Subscribers, Super Mobility Week
- Bang & Olufsen launches BeoLink SmartHome
- STB shipments to SAARC region grew 52% in 2015
- Accenture powers SKY On Demand in the Philippines
- Charter adds 29,000 residential video customers in 4Q 2015
- Freesat now available in 1.93 million homes
- Swisscom TV adds 166,000 subscribers in 2015
- Vodafone adds 200,000 TV customers in 4Q 2015
- Technicolor withdraws from the HEVC Advance patent pool
- Kazakhstan's Alma TV to launch IPTV in the first half of 2016
- Comcast video subscribers up 89,000 in 4Q 2015
- Dish TV India adds 317,000 net subscribers in 4Q 2015
- Dialog Semi offers power management ICs for STBs and Smart TVs
- DEN Networks adds 1.7 million digital cable subscribers in 2015
- Yahoo! to kill Smart TV product
- 802.11ac to represent nearly 65% of access point shipments in 2016
- EU proposes to move 700MHz UHF band to mobile services
- MStar SoCs to include Conax cardless security
- Samsung UK Smart TV hub attracting 2.5 million weekly visitors
- >50% Smart TV penetration in major TV markets by 2019
- GS Group releases first Russian 4K Ultra HD set-top box