China (ä¸å›½) Digital TV News
now TV launches enhanced Cloud DVR with Edgeware
Sep 13, 2014 – Edgeware has announced that Hong Kong pay-TV provider, now TV, has selected Edgeware's Video Consolidation Platform (VCP) to replace its current IPTV delivery system, based on the previous deployment of the Edgeware multiscreen solution.
News categories: Edgeware, now TV, PCCW, Keith Huang, Joachim Roos, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IBCShow, Infrastructure, IPTV
CMMB Vision to launch mobile multimedia services throughout Asia
Sep 10, 2014 – CMMB Vision Holdings has announced that it has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to acquire capacity on two new satellites that will provide mobile multimedia services to China and other Asian markets.
News categories: CMMB Vision, Space Partnership International, Charles (Chau-Chi) Wong, Dr. Hui Liu, China, CMMB, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Mobile, Satellite
Ultra HD TVs fast penetrating China market
Sep 9, 2014 – According to WitsView, approximately 14 million Ultra HD television have been shipped globally so far in 2014, penetrating 6-7% of the overall TV market. Chinese vendors have the highest penetration rates.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Envivio powers Beijing Gehua CATV cloud video service
Aug 28, 2014 – Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) has announced that it has deployed its cloud video transcoding service in China for Beijing Gehua CATV Network (BGCTV), marking the first cloud-based multi-screen video service offered by a Chinese cable operator.
News categories: Envivio, Beijing Gehua, Julien Signès, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure, TV Everywhere
CSTV selects Octoshape to power OTT service for Samsung devices
Aug 18, 2014 – Octoshape has announced that Chinese Satellite TV Communications Group (CSTV) has selected Octoshape to power 'FainTV' its mobile video streaming service in Taiwan. The service will later launch in Hong Kong and Mainland China.
News categories: Octoshape, CSTV, Samsung, Kevin Wang, Michael Koehn Milland, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Infrastructure, Mobile, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, Taiwan
3Home and Letv launch 4K TV broadband bundle in Hong Kong
Aug 13, 2014 – Hutchison Global Communications Limited (HGC) (HTHKH: 215) has announced a collaboration between 3Home Broadband and Letv to launch Hong Kong’s first bundled offer comprising home broadband and 4K entertainment content.
News categories: Hutchison, Letv, Jennifer Tan, Tin Mok, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT, Smart TV
PCCW adds 32,000 now TV customers in 1H 2014
Aug 6, 2014 – PCCW (SEHK:0008) has announced results for the six months ended June 30, 2014. The total installed now TV subscriber base reached 1,269,000 at the end of June representing a net gain of 65,000 subscribers versus 12 months before.
News categories: PCCW, Hong Kong, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Xiaomi selects RealNetworks RMVB codec for Mi Box and TV
Jul 16, 2014 – Xiaomi has selected the RealMedia Variable Bit rate (RMVB) codec from RealNetworks for Xiaomi Box Super, the company’s premier over-the-top (OTT) set-top-box, as well as Xiaomi’s Smart TV line Mi TV.
News categories: RealNetworks, Xiaomi, Thierry Raymaekers, Chuan Wang, China, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Lionsgate streaming service for Alibaba STB
Jul 15, 2014 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF) and Alibaba have joined forces to launch Lionsgate Entertainment World (LGEW), a streaming service for China that will be available through Alibaba's latest generation of set-top box.
News categories: Lionsgate, Alibaba, Jon Feltheimer, Patrick Liu, Jim Packer, Brian Goldsmith, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
- Nearly 1 billion TV sets Internet connected by 2020
- CEA unveils logos for 4K Ultra HD displays
- Entropic to explore strategic alternatives
- KAONMEDIA selects Ikanos for family of VDSL gateways
- TiVo grows Opera TV Store in U.S. market
- Broadcom enables SK broadband Ultra HD service in Korea
- Roku reaches 10 million players sold in U.S.
- Zenterio delivers software solution to Telekom Romania
- Telefónica chooses Eagle Kingdom for PlayBOX OTT STB
- MStar Semi ships 20 millionth HEVC decoder
- AirTies and SoftAtHome partner for low-cost wireless HEVC set-top
- Bouygues Telecom Android TV STB powered by Marvell ARMADA 1500 PRO
- Nilesat takes multiple transponders on EUTELSAT 8 West B satellite
- M7 Group deploys Zenterio OS for IPTV in the Netherlands
- SAMART and Siano partner for mobile TV in Thailand
- Bouygues Telecom to offer Netflix from November
- Verimatrix extends collaboration with Bouygues Telecom
- ALBtelecom selects Minerva Entertainment Delivery Platform
- Viaccess-Orca selected by Telekom Romania for IPTV and OTT multiscreen
- SMiT and Verimatrix present IPTV solution based on CI+ 1.4 at IBC 2014