China (ä¸å›½) Digital TV News
Elemental enables OTT delivery for Hong Kong's TVB
Jan 26, 2015 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Television Broadcasts Limited (TVB), Hong Kong's largest independent broadcaster, is using Elemental software to process and manage live linear broadcast channels for its OTT content service.
News categories: Elemental, TVB, David Godfrey, Garry Kum, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Infrastructure, OTT
Boeing to build satellite for CMMB Vision mobile multimedia service in China
Jan 20, 2015 – New York Broadband has selected Boeing Satellite Systems International for negotiation of a contract to build a high-powered L-band satellite that will support mobile multimedia services to China and other Asian markets planned by CMMB Vision of Hong Kong.
News categories: CMMB Vision, Boeing, Charles Wong, Charles Naumer, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Mobile, Satellite
Xiaomi launches 'Mi Box mini' streaming set-top box
Jan 15, 2015 – Xiaomi has announced the release of its Mi Box mini streaming set-top box in China. The box is one quarter the size of the previously announced Mi Box and fits directly into a mains socket.
News categories: Xiaomi, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
ViXS powers first 4K Ultra HD HEVC 10-Bit OTT media player
Jan 7, 2015 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that it is powering Skydigita's 4K Ultra HD HEVC Over-the-Top (OTT) media IP Client. The XCode 6400 powered Skydigita SDB-300 series of OTT media IP clients is the industry's first 4K Ultra HD HEVC 10-bit YUV 4:2:2 product on the market.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Skydigita, Perry Chappell, Jiang WuXian, CES2015, China, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Skyworth and China Telecom launch smart TV with embedded G.hn powerline connectivity
Jan 6, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ:MRVL) has announced that Skyworth and China Telecom have launched the world's first Smart TV with embedded G.hn powerline connectivity powered by Marvell's G.hn platform solution.
News categories: Marvell, Skyworth, China Telecom, Weili Dai, Liu Tangzhi, Liu Ping, CES2015, China, Digital TV, IPTV, Powerline, Semiconductor, Smart TV
GoLive selects DivX OmniView to power Smart TV OTT service
Jan 5, 2015 – DivX has announced that GoLive Movie has selected its DivX OmniView to power the secure delivery on-demand movie content to smart TVs. The service will be available initially in China on televisions from TCL.
News categories: DivX, TCL, Dr. Kanaan Jemili, Apps, CES2015, China, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV
Huawei and China Telecom Sichuan first with 4K OTT in China
Dec 31, 2014 – Huawei and China Telecom Sichuan have announced the launch of the first commercial 4K ultra-HD iTV network service in China. They have also jointly released a 4K ultra-HD intelligent smart set top box (STB).
News categories: Huawei, China Telecom, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Skyworth to show Stream TV Glasses-Free 3D at CES2015
Dec 30, 2014 – Stream TV Networks has announced that Skyworth has been added to the list of consumer electronics brands committed to Stream TV's Ultra-D Glasses-Free 3D technology. Skyworth will debut a 4K 65" Glasses-Free 3D display at CES.
News categories: Stream TV Networks, Skyworth, Mathu Rajan, 3D, CES2015, China, Digital TV, Smart TV
OTT STB sales to only grow 20% in China in 2014
Dec 30, 2014 – According to Digitimes Research, the number of OTT set-top boxes (STBs) sold in China will have grown by 20% in 2014, limited by restrictions imposed on OTT STB providers by the regulatory authorities.
News categories: Digitimes, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
- Singtel, Sony Pictures and Warner Bros. establish OTT JV for Asia
- Broadcom reports Q4 and Full Year 2014 results
- Time Warner Cable video subscribers down 38,000 in 4Q 2014
- Online subscription video driving connected TV
- Playstation Network to become premium entertainment service brand
- 1 in 8 Australian households now have a Smart TV
- STMicroelectronics reports 4Q 2014 results
- AT&T adds 73,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
- Carrefour to debut Nolim Films digital video service
- SmartLabs upgrades IPTV service at Georgia's Caucasus Online
- Ooredoo launches multiscreen cable TV in the Maldives
- Eutelsat to support Kyrgyz Republic's transition to DTT
- NEOTION CI Plus 1.3 CAM integrates Verimatrix VCAS security
- Sigma Designs to distribute reference designs with Frog by Wyplay pre-integrated
- A streaming media player in 40% of U.S. internet homes by 2017
- Nigeria's ACTV DTH chooses AMOS-5 satellite
- Elemental enables OTT delivery for Hong Kong's TVB
- Dhiraagu launches multiscreen IPTV in the Maldives
- NEOTION, Broadpeak and Eutelsat to show OTT over satellite at CSTB
- Dish TV India adds 416,000 net subscribers in 4Q 2014