China (ä¸å›½) Digital TV News
Amino secures software licensing contract with PCCW Media
Aug 16, 2016 – Amino has secured a software licensing contract to provide its Enable TV device software to PCCW Media in Hong Kong to support its drive to deliver new 4K UHD experiences via a new service of its Now TV.
News categories: Amino, PCCW Media, Donald McGarva, Belinda Chan, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Magine clinches streaming deal in China
Aug 5, 2016 – Magine has agreed with a Beijing-based digital TV system integrator and operator to build, launch and operate an Internet-based video streaming system for the Chinese market. In parallel with this, Magine has established an office in Hong Kong.
News categories: Magine, Dr. Ambuj Goyal, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Infrastructure
China’s online video market to quadruple
Jul 20, 2016 – The Chinese online video market, including revenue from advertising and content purchases, is forecast to more than quadruple from 22 billion Chinese yuan ($3.5 billion) in 2015 to 96.2 billion yuan ($17.6 billion) in 2020.
News categories: IHS Markit, Qingzhen Chen, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Inspur and Ericsson sign MoU for Cloud, Media and IoT cooperation
Jul 13, 2016 – Inspur and Ericsson have announced that they have signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU). With this new agreement, the two companies will expand their collaboration into new business areas such as cloud infrastructure, TV and media, and the Internet of Things (IoT).
News categories: Inspur, Ericsson, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
100,000 subscriptions for Hong Kong's myTV SUPER OTT service
Jun 29, 2016 – HKBN and TVB have announced that they have garnered over 100,000 subscriptions to their myTV SUPER OTT service since its launch in April 2016. MyTV SUPER delivers over 19,000 hours of TVB self-produced and acquired programmes.
News categories: HKBN, TVB, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Multiscreen, OTT, Subscribers
Big Screen TV shipments surge in China
Jun 20, 2016 – Large-screen TV shipments in China rose from 2.1 million units in the first quarter of 2015 to reach 3.8 million units in the first quarter of this year, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Nearly two-thirds were 4K TV models.
News categories: IHS, Paul Gagnon, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
YOU On Demand expands strategic partnership with Huawei
May 11, 2016 – YOU On Demand (NASDAQ: YOD) has announced an expanded distribution agreement with Huawei Software Technologies to provide YOD-branded true/transactional (TVOD) and subscription (SVOD) video-on-demand offerings in Mainland China.
News categories: YOU On Demand, Huawei, Mingcheng Tao, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure, OTT
1.2 million downloads for Viu OTT app in Hong Kong
Apr 12, 2016 – PCCW Media’s OTT mobile video entertainment platform, Viu, has recorded over 1.2 million downloads in Hong Kong within a short span of six months after its launch last October.
News categories: PCCW Media, Janice Lee, Apps, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Market Research, OTT
Beijing Cycle Century selects Celeno Wi-Fi for set-top boxes
Mar 24, 2016 – Celeno Communications and Cycle Century (CCDT) have announced that Celeno’s high performance Wi-Fi technology has been selected to power Cycle Century’s next generation set-top boxes.
News categories: Celeno Communications, Cycle Century, Gilad Rozen, Li Deng Biao, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
- Samsung announces NAGRA-based USB CA dongle for Smart TVs
- Okko and NetRange join forces in Smart TV
- Alpha Networks selects ContentWise TV personalization
- AB Groupe selects Ericsson for France’s first Ultra HD channel
- Streaming video customer satisfaction highest when paired with pay TV
- Romania's RCS & RDS picks Irdeto for digital TV CAMs
- Intelsat 36 launch adds DTH capacity for Sub-Saharan Africa
- 4K TV market split between Dolby Vision and HDR10
- Netflix growth continues as Amazon Prime Video momentum builds
- GatesAir completes second phase of DVB-T2 network in Kuwait
- North American homes average seven active connected devices
- Samsung 2016 UHD TV models achieve European certification
- Top LatAm pay TV operators continue to dominate
- Disney Movies Anywhere adds Fios by Verizon to its digital footprint
- Majority of Netflix subscribers to be outside US by 2018
- Harmonic to show virtual reality with UHD resolution at IBCShow
- Skyworth claims global number three STB slot
- Buying, renting videos by title not making leap to the digital marketplace
- Video technology players continue to dwindle as platform ownership desires surge
- Varying growth opportunities for Asia Pacific pay-TV service providers