China (ä¸å›½) Digital TV News
80% of TVs sold in China in 2015 were Smart TVs
Jan 26, 2016 – YuMe (NYSE: YUME) has announced the launch of its 2015 China Connected TV Market Development Blue Book. The Chinese CTV media and advertising industries are seeing rapid growth, with the video audience in China estimated at 439 million people.
News categories: YuMe, Nielsen CCData, UPOTV, Michael Hudes, Octopus Zhang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
AsiaSat 6 to provide video services in China
Jan 18, 2016 – The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television of The People’s Republic of China (SAPPRFT) has recently given permission for AsiaSat 6 to serve Chinese broadcasters for video distribution to cable headends in China.
News categories: AsiaSat, SAPPRFT, William Wade, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Satellite
PCCW expands Viu OTT service to Singapore
Jan 11, 2016 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has announced the launch of Viu, its over-the-top (OTT) multi-screen video service, in Singapore. Following its launch in Hong Kong in October 2015, the Viu app had more than 500,000 downloads by the end of 2015.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Digital TV, Hong Kong, OTT, Singapore
Alibaba and Disney to launch OTT TV service in China
Dec 15, 2015 – Alibaba Group and The Walt Disney Company have announced a multi-year license agreement for an over the top service (OTT) that for the first time connects customers, physical products and digital entertainment in China.
News categories: Disney, Alibaba, Luke Kang, Wei Ming, China, Digital TV, OTT
Actions Semi impacted by China's new OTT STB policy
Nov 30, 2015 – Actions Semiconductor (Nasdaq: ACTS) has reported results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2015. Revenue for the third quarter of 2015 was $13.0 million, as compared to revenue of $13.1 million for the third quarter of 2014.
News categories: Actions Semiconductor, Dr. Zhenyu Zhou, China, OTT, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
CAN Tech and Stream TV partner to provide Glasses-Free 3D content
Nov 19, 2015 – Stream TV Networks has announced that it is partnering with CAN Tech Co to make its live programming and extensive content library available in Glasses-Free 3D for the first time. The move will result in programming converted or created in Stream TV's Glasses Free 3D Ultra-D format.
News categories: Stream TV Networks, CAN Tech, Mathu Rajan, Fu Qiang, 3D, China, Digital TV, Worldwide
PCCW Media launches Viu OTT video service
Oct 20, 2015 – PCCW Media (SEHK:0008) has announced its Viu Over-the-top (OTT) video service. On October 26, Viu will debut in Hong Kong and then progressively be rolled-out across Asia including India, and the Middle East.
News categories: PCCW, Janice Lee, Asia, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Middle-East, OTT
Pay TV operators to add 200 million subscribers by 2020
Oct 8, 2015 – Pay TV subscriptions for 338 operators across 89 countries will increase by 200 million from a collective 704 million in 2014 to 904 million by 2020, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report estimates that 29 operators had more than 5 million paying subs by end-2014.
News categories: Digital TV Research, China, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Subscribers, USA, Worldwide
Five developing markets offer opportunity for Netflix
Sep 25, 2015 – As Netflix continues on its quest for global coverage, where are the next wave of opportunities for the service provider? Recent research from Futuresource Consulting identifies five key developing markets which present significant opportunity for Netflix and the wider digital video landscape.
News categories: Futuresource, Joanna Wright, Tristan Veale, Michael Boreham, David Sidebottom, China, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mexico, OTT, Poland, Russia, Subscribers, Turkey
- Netflix on pay TV benefits operator business
- TiVo to provide software and services to Buckeye CableSystem
- Cinemax debuts on Sling TV
- Grundig counts on NetRange’s TV Portal
- 'hayu' SVOD service to launch in UK, Ireland and Australia
- 800,000 subscribers for HBO Now
- Broadcom unveils cable STB Full Band Capture receivers
- Millicom Cable RGUs up 5.9% in 2015
- América Móvil adds 158,000 Pay TV units in 2015
- Telekom Austria A1 TV subscribers up 7% in 2015
- Strong growth ahead for OTT services in Argentina, Brazil and Mexico
- Sky Q goes on sale in the UK and Ireland
- Com Hem adds 4,000 digital TV subscribers in 4Q 2015
- Recommendation-driven guides to drive 75% of TV viewing
- EUTELSAT 65 West A to launch on 9 March
- Russia's NTV-Plus to move completely to MPEG-4
- SES-9 launch expected on February 24, 2016
- HIGH TV 4K launches in India on digital TV platforms
- Mexico adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2015
- 81% of US households have a DVR, Netflix, or use VOD