China (ä¸å›½) Digital TV News
PCCW adds 54 thousand now TV subscribers in 2013
Feb 27, 2014 – PCCW (SEHK: 0008) has announced results for the year to December 31, 2013. During the year, now TV recorded a net gain of 54,000 customers with the total installed subscriber base reaching 1,237,000 at year-end.
News categories: PCCW, Hong Kong, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Hong Kong's TVB.COM selects Verimatrix for subscription-VOD service
Feb 26, 2014 – Verimatrix has announced that Hong Kong's TVB.COM has selected the Verimatrix Video Content Authority System (VCAS™) architecture to provide revenue security for its subscription-based VOD Service.
News categories: Verimatrix, TVB.COM, Kenneth Wong, Steve Oetegenn, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, Multiscreen, OTT
Skyworth selects Pixelworks video display processors for Ultra HD 4K TVs
Jan 3, 2014 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ: PXLW) has announced that its PA168 MotionEngine™ video display processor has been selected to power Skyworth’s Ultra HD 4Kx2K Dual Core Android 3D Smart TVs.
News categories: Pixelworks, Skyworth, Graham Loveridge, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV
2014 4K×2K TV shipments to rise dramatically in China
Dec 24, 2013 – According to DisplaySearch, interest in 4K×2K TVs is at a fever pitch as a critical moment is approaching in the market: 4K×2K is transitioning from early adopters to more mainstream consumers. Rapidly falling prices will fuel adoption.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Paul Gagnon, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
ChinaCache signs contract with COSHIP to enhance its digital media user experience
Nov 7, 2013 – ChinaCache (Nasdaq:CCIH) has announced that it has signed a contract with COSHIP (SZSE:002052) to provide COSHIP with its Web Delivery, Web Acceleration and HD Live solutions to help enhance the internet multimedia experience of COSHIP's end users.
News categories: ChinaCache, COSHIP, Song Wang, China, Infrastructure, OTT, Set Top Box
China’s Shandong Cable chooses NAGRA to secure large-scale cable tv deployment
Oct 22, 2013 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its conditional access technology, NAGRA MediaAccess, has been selected by Shandong Cable, the cable television provider for the Shandong Province of China and one the world’s largest cable operators.
News categories: NAGRA, Shandong Cable, Liu Baoju, André Kudelski, Cable TV, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV
Shandong Cable deploys Ericsson Multiscreen TV solution
Oct 22, 2013 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that Shandong Cable Network has deployed the latest generation of its Multiscreen TV solution. Its core functionality includes content management, VOD back-office and digital rights management.
News categories: Ericsson, Shandong Cable, Du Ji Pu, Ove Anebygd, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DRM, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, TV Everywhere
China Digital TV's Super VOD system deployed in Heilongjiang province
Sep 30, 2013 – China Digital TV (NYSE: STV) has announced that it has reached an agreement with Heilongjiang Broadcast Television Network Co. Ltd. to deploy its Super VOD (video-on-demand) system in China's Heilongjiang Province.
News categories: China Digital TV, Dong Li, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure
Opera expands in China TV market with Konka
Sep 6, 2013 – Opera Software and Konka have announced that the Opera TV Store app platform, Opera TV browser and Opera Devices Software Development Kit (SDK) have now landed on Konka's newest Smart TV.
News categories: Opera Software, Konka, Apps, China, Digital TV, IFA2013, Middleware, Smart TV
- Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
- Creonic to deliver IP cores for the new DVB-S2X standard
- MStar and Connected-Labs collaborate on Web solutions for TV and STB
- TV formats withstand European ad recession
- Vonetize starts streaming 4K video on Smart TVs
- Samsung, Vizio control U.S. Smart TV market
- Broadpeak teams with Eutelsat for satellite delivery of OTT content
- Ooyala technology for Foxtel's Presto OTT movie service
- beIN SPORTS chooses Pace HD STBs and Home Media Servers
- Entropic, MTI satellite Channel Stacking Switch deployed in the Middle East
- Quadrille push VOD integrated with Eutelsat's 'smart LNB'
- Eutelsat shows ‘smart LNB’ in action at CabSat Dubai
- Majority of televisions in U.S. housholds are now HDTVs
- ALi ATSC SoC designed-in by Funai for Mexico STB
- Altech UEC manufactures 20 millionth set-top box
- Piksel OTT solution for Belgium's VRT
- Ecuador adds 443 thousand pay TV subscribers in 2013
- Belarus reaches 97.4% DTT coverage
- Sky Italia OTT TV to launch in two weeks
- DISH Anywhere now available on Amazon Kindle Fire HDX tablets