China (ä¸å›½) Digital TV News
Xiaomi selects RealNetworks RMVB codec for Mi Box and TV
Jul 16, 2014 – Xiaomi has selected the RealMedia Variable Bit rate (RMVB) codec from RealNetworks for Xiaomi Box Super, the company’s premier over-the-top (OTT) set-top-box, as well as Xiaomi’s Smart TV line Mi TV.
News categories: RealNetworks, Xiaomi, Thierry Raymaekers, Chuan Wang, China, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Lionsgate streaming service for Alibaba STB
Jul 15, 2014 – Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF) and Alibaba have joined forces to launch Lionsgate Entertainment World (LGEW), a streaming service for China that will be available through Alibaba's latest generation of set-top box.
News categories: Lionsgate, Alibaba, Jon Feltheimer, Patrick Liu, Jim Packer, Brian Goldsmith, China, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box
Rise of digital devices drives new viewing habits
Jul 10, 2014 – According to TNS, while our love affair with television endures, TV sets alone are no longer enough to satisfy our appetite for content, driving the growth of online media and ‘screen-stacking’ as a result.
News categories: TNS, Matthew Froggatt, Australia, China, Digital TV, Europe, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Market Research, Multiscreen, Netherlands, New Zealand, OTT, Russia, Singapore, Spain, UAE, UK, USA, Worldwide
Thomson Video Networks powers Guizhou IPTV in China
Jul 2, 2014 – Guizhou Province TV, the primary broadcaster in China’s Guizhou province, has deployed Thomson Video Networks’ ViBE™ VS7000 encoding and transcoding platform to drive the launch of its new IPTV service, Guizhou IPTV.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Guizhou Province TV, Huang Xuejun, Tony Berthaud, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV
Entropic re-structures with 23% headcount reduction
Jun 9, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced a plan designed to sharpen its engineering and R&D focus and increase the efficiency of its global operations. The initiative calls for a closing and consolidation of several global facilities.
News categories: Entropic, Patrick Henry, China, India, Israel, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan, UK, USA
Chips&Media and Realtek expand UltraHD HEVC SoC collaboration
Jun 5, 2014 – Chips&Media has announced that its reference design partnership with Realtek has resulted in several new design wins for HEVC built-in STB/OTT models from various China and international brands.
News categories: Chips&Media, Realtek, Gilligan Choe, Yee-Wei Huang, China, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Worldwide
Broadcom 5G WiFi chip in new Xiaomi 4K Smart TV
May 22, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its 2X2 MIMO 5G WiFi combo chip is the technology behind the latest smart 4K Mi TV2 from leading Chinese innovator Xiaomi.
News categories: Broadcom, Xiaomi, Dai QingSong, Alex Chou, China, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Wireless
SONIQ launches three Smart TVs for China
May 19, 2014 – SONIQ has announced that it has launched three Smart TVs customized for Chinese customers. SONIQ will also cooperate with internet security company, 360, to release the first internet-safe TV for the home.
News categories: SONIQ, Cinavision, Qihoo 360, App, China, OTT, Smart TV
Qualcomm shows live LTE-TDD Broadcast with HEVC and DASH in China
May 15, 2014 – Qualcomm (NASDAQ: QCOM) has announced that, in collaboration with Sohu.com (NASDAQ: SOHU), it has conducted the first announced live public demonstration of LTE-TDD Broadcast in China, featuring HEVC and DASH technologies.
News categories: Qualcomm, Sohu.com, Raj Talluri, Zeng, Xiongjie, Broadband, China, Digital TV, LTE, MBMS, OTT
- Thailand's NBTC proposes ฿690 DTT receiver subsidy coupoon
- Digital TV Research provides Netflix subscriber split by country
- Entropic licenses Cryptography Research DPA countermeasures
- AT&T adds 190,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Vega launches IPTV service in Ukraine
- Seagate launches channel on Roku
- Service Electric chooses ARRIS for delivery of TV Everywhere
- Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
- Consolidated chooses ARRIS Whole Home Solution and ConvergeMedia Management Suite
- Ultra HD TVs make gains but still lack market penetration
- SES launches digital TV platform for West Africa
- Satellite TV revenues to reach $100 billion
- STMicroelectronics Reports 2014 Second Quarter Financial Results
- Broadcom reports second quarter 2014 results
- Pay TV operator software spending shrinks in developed markets
- UK's YouView plans expansion
- Dish TV India adds 332 thousand subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Verizon adds 100,000 FiOS Video connections in 2Q 2014
- Comcast video subscribers down 144,000 in 2Q 2014
- Most sub-Saharan countries to miss 2015 TV switchover deadline