China (ä¸å›½) Digital TV News
DTS-HD sound technology added to Alibaba Tmall Box STB
Apr 13, 2015 – DTS (Nasdaq: DTSI) has announced that its DTS-HD sound technology has been integrated into the Tmall Box set-top box from Alibaba (NYSE:BABA). The Tmall Box is powered by an Amlogic quad-core SoC.
News categories: DTS, Alibaba, Amlogic, Brian Towne, Patrick Liu, China, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Hainan TV deploys ATEME encoder-transcoder for OTT TV
Mar 27, 2015 – ATEME has announced that Hainan Network TV (HNNTV) has selected its ATEME TITAN Live transcoder for a multi-channel HD and SD IPTV service, for STB and mobile devices. TITAN Live is a virtualized, software-based encoder-transcoder with support for HEVC, H264 and MPEG2.
News categories: HNNTV, ATEME, Chen Qiong, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure, OTT
Dalian Tiantu Cable TV chooses Thomson Video Networks for 4K channel
Mar 26, 2015 – Dalian Tiantu Cable Television Network has chosen Thomson Video Networks’ ViBE VS7000 video system and Sapphire MPEG stream server to provide HEVC encoding and playout for its new 4K linear channel.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, Dalian Tiantu Cable TV, Tony Berthaud, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure
ST showcases DOCSIS and C-DOCSIS 3.0 solutions at CCBN 2015
Mar 26, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) will demonstrate its DOCSIS 3.01 solutions at CCBN. ST serves the C-DOCSIS 3.0 market with its gateway System-On-Chip (SoC) Alicante family comprised of the STiD125/127/128.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Coship, Jiuzhou, Philippe Notton, Ken Wang, Yang Zhanbing, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CCBN, China, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Conax establishes Beijing test center
Mar 26, 2015 – Conax (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is establishing a Conax test center in Beijing. The facility will provide authorized Pre-Testing and Conformity Testing services certifying client device conformance to Conax content protection requirements.
News categories: Conax, NAGRA, Erik Abrahamsen, Hervé Goupil, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box
Broadcom delivers DOCSIS 3.0 cable set-top box platform for China
Mar 25, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a small form-factor DOCSIS 3.0 set-top box (STB) engineered for the cable market in China. The offering supports advanced features such as OTT video, broadband data services, and home networking.
News categories: Broadcom, Rich Nelson, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Home Networking, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom launches first HD satellite set-top box SoC for China
Mar 25, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a new high definition (HD) set-top box (STB) system-on-chip (SoC) for China's free-to-air (FTA) satellite market. Broadcom's BCM7228 chip integrates Audio Video Coding Standard (AVS+) decompression.
News categories: Broadcom, Dan Marotta, CCBN, China, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Broadcom enables China's first 4Kp60 STB deployment
Mar 25, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Inspur Group, Shandong Cable Network's primary systems integrator, has selected Broadcom's Ultra HD system-on-chip (SoC) and Wi-Fi SoC for a new line of 4Kp60 cable set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadcom, Inspur, Shandong Cable, Rich Nelson, Cui Wei, Huang Ping, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
iPanel middleware integrated with STMicroelectronics' chipsets
Mar 25, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its Palma (STiH273) HD cable chipsets and its Cannes/Monaco family of UltraHD Devices (STiH314/318 and STiH414/418) have been integrated and optimized with iPanel's middleware.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, iPanel, Kelvin Wong, Xu Jia Hong, Cable TV, CCBN, China, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- 27% of U.S. broadband households own a streaming media device
- ENENSYS enables DTT content transmission for Mexico's Televisa
- TWC has first quarter of positive video net additions since 2009
- STMicroelectronics Reports 2015 First Quarter Financial Results
- SoftAtHome software to be integrated with Marvell’s ARMADA 1500 SoC
- SENSIO 3D VOD service coming to Samsung Smart TV
- France Télévisions optimizes its catch-up TV service with Arkena
- Linear TV via satellite to remain robust in face of OTT threat
- Strong growth ahead for Latin America Satcom market
- Orange TV Stick powered by Espial HTML5 client
- Minerva demonstrates integration with Oregan STB Client
- Netgem upgrades EE TV software
- Airtel adds 263,324 Digital TV subscribers in 1Q 2015
- Marvell partners with Celeno on wireless video
- Broadcom first with NAGRA NOCS3 certification for Ultra HD
- Kannuu content discovery to be integrated with Frog by Wyplay
- Arabsat TV launches OTT service with Globecast
- KPN developing 'Play by KPN' OTT TV app
- Mobica joins Frog by Wyplay
- iWedia ports its ANDROID4TV to Lollipop and Android TV