TVConnect 2017: March 28-30, 2017: ExCeL, London
Opera TV to show latest HbbTV 2.0.1 features with the BBC
Mar 28, 2017 – Opera TV has announced that the Opera TV Hybrid TV Module, which previously included support for HbbTV 2.0.1, now also features Companion Screen and Media-Synchronization capabilities. Opera TV has collaborated with BBC R&D to show the features at TV Connect.
News categories: Opera TV, BBC, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, HbbTV, HTML5, Multiscreen, Set Top Box, TVConnect, UK
iWedia Android STB software ported to HiSilicon SoCs
Mar 28, 2017 – iWedia has announced that its Teatro-3.5 product for Android TV STB has been ported to the HiSilicon Hi3798MV200, the latest UHD STB chipset from the provider of silicon solutions for digital home, communications and wireless terminals.
News categories: iWedia, HiSilicon, Nikola Teslić, John Liu, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
iWedia Android TV STB software available on Amlogic UHD STB ICs
Mar 28, 2017 – iWedia has announced that it has extended the coverage of its Teatro-3.5 product for Android TV STB to the Amlogic S905D STB SoC. The announcement was made to coincide with the opening of TV Connect 2017.
News categories: iWedia, Amlogic, Nikola Teslić, James Xie, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Unicoms offers white label OTT in the Balkans with Conax and Appear TV
Mar 27, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) and Appear TV have announced that Bulgaria’s Unicoms Services has deployed its UnyQTV hosted OTT platform for pay-TV operators deploying advanced technology provided by Conax and Appear TV.
News categories: Conax, Appear TV, Unicoms Services, Daniel Johansson, Walter Holst, Nastya Popova, Bulgaria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, TVConnect
Sixty delivers UX for next generation Altibox set-top
Mar 27, 2017 – Altibox and Sixty have announced that Sixty has been working on a design and development project to support the May 2017 launch of the next generation Altibox set-top solutions.
News categories: Sixty, Altibox, Kjetil Horneland, Thomas Skjelbred, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Norway, Set Top Box, TVConnect, UX
Viaccess-Orca partners with Encoding.com for OTT media processing in the Cloud
Mar 23, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca and Encoding.com have partnered to streamline the preparation of VOD content for OTT multiscreen applications. Viaccess-Orca's cloud-based TV Everywhere as a Service (TVaaS) is now integrated with Encoding.com's cloud media processing platform.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Encoding.com, Paul Molinier, Jeff Malkin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, TVConnect, Worldwide
Amino unveils operator-focused Android TV 4K UHD STB at TVConnect
Mar 23, 2017 – At TV Connect 2017, Amino will showcase a small 4K UHD Android TV device designed specifically for operator-managed deployments. The Amigo 7 combines a high-speed quad core CPU with the hardware accelerated 3D graphics and voice navigation and search.
News categories: Amino, Mark Evensen, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
NexStreaming pre-integrates Jump Data-as-a-Service platform
Mar 21, 2017 – NexStreaming has announced that NexPlayer SDK is pre-integrated with the Jump DaaS (Data as a Service) Platform. Video service providers will now deliver the best user experience with their video apps while providing a complete Insights platform for NexStreaming customers.
News categories: Jump, NexStreaming, Jerónimo Macanás, Jesús Herrero, Carlos Lucas, Big Data, Digital TV, Media Player, TVConnect, Worldwide
NAGRA cardless content protection selected by Platco in South Africa
Nov 14, 2016 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its cardless content protection solution was selected by Platco Digital, South Africa’s fastest growing direct-to-home service provider, to secure the newest deployments of its OpenView HD platform.
News categories: NAGRA, Platco Digital, Thierry Legrand, Christopher Schouten, Patrick Conroy, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa, TVConnect
- Nearly 5 million in France watch TV on a second screen each day
- Fiji selects EUTELSAT 172B to provide universal TV access
- Médiamétrie releases survey of SVOD market in France
- Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
- HbbTV and RadioDNS start HbbTV application discovery service
- Witbe and Divitel offer QoE management in Benelux & DACH
- Espial Elevate introduces Amazon Alexa voice support
- U.S. DOJ challenges AT&T/DIRECTV acquisition of Time Warner
- China and North America TV shipments fall sharply in Q3 2017
- NexPlayer HTML5 player now compatible with Conviva QoE platform
- Marvell and Cavium to combine
- Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone and Telefónica top telcos in Europe
- TV Plus DTH renews contract to use Intelsat 19
- RSCRYPTO announces availability on Mstar chips
- ATP expands partnership with Amazon Prime Video
- U.S. multichannel subscriber losses top 1 million in 3Q 2017
- Sinclair Broadcast and ONE Media set for ATSC 3.0 deployment
- FCC authorizes ATSC 3.0 transmission standard
- ADB wins new project with Melita in Malta
- black launches HD smart box in South Africa