TVConnect (IPTV World Series): March 18-20, 2014: Olympia, London
Eagle Kingdom selects Entropic SoC for hybrid powerplug set-top box
Mar 18, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced its System-on-a-Chip (SoC) solution is powering the world's first hybrid powerplug set-top box (STB), the DCP5205 from EKT (Eagle Kingdom Technologies).
News categories: Entropic, Eagle Kingdom, Richard Smith, Roger Gregory, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
AirTies demonstrates HEVC for broadband TV with Envivio and Octoshape at TVConnect
Mar 18, 2014 – AirTies along with Envivio (NASDAQ: ENVI) and Octoshape are to show an interoperability demonstration of HEVC adaptive bitrate video, delivered over the public internet to consumer set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: AirTies, Envivio, Octoshape, Jean-Pierre Henot, Bulent Celebi, Michael Koehn Milland, Home Networking, Infrastructure, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
AirTies launches wireless ‘Set-top Box To Go’
Mar 18, 2014 – At TV Connect 2014, AirTies will be showcasing a portable wireless set-top box. Measuring 10x10cm, the miniature STB attaches wirelessly to the IP gateway and can easily be moved from room to room.
News categories: AirTies, Bulent Celebi, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Wireless, Worldwide
Cisco deploys RDK with Hrvatski Telekom for IPTV pilot
Mar 17, 2014 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that it has successfully implemented the industry's first Reference Design Kit (RDK)-based IPTV system for pilot purposes in Croatia's largest operator, Hrvatski Telekom.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Hrvatski Telekom, Mario Gojčeta, Yves Padrines, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Opera adds hybrid TV for Blink and YouTube enhancements
Mar 17, 2014 – Opera Software has announced it has extended the HbbTV capabilities of its Opera Devices SDK to the Blink engine and has added official certification for implemention of YouTube on TV.
News categories: Opera Software, HbbTV, OTT, TVConnect, Worldwide
ABOX42 announces Smart STB with 4K UHD and H.265/HEVC support
Mar 14, 2014 – ABOX42 has announced its X-Series Smart STB Platform based on Broadcom's BCM7251 multi-HD/Ultra HD IP system-on-chip. The X-Series will provide high end functionality for IPTV and OTT DVB services.
News categories: ABOX42, Broadcom, Stuart Thomson, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Amino debuts wider solutions-based connected home offering at TVConnect
Mar 14, 2014 – Amino (AIM: AMO) is to launch a wider solutions-based offering at TV Connect 2014 introducing a range of new advanced set-top boxes with home monitoring and control capabilities and fully integrated OTT content platform.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, IPTV, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
ZTE forges global alliance with Oregan Networks
Mar 14, 2014 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced its selection of Oregan Networks as a supplier of Set Top Box technology components, as well as design and integration expertise for hybrid Pay TV projects.
News categories: Oregan Networks, ZTE, Frank Fang, Mark Perry, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Anvia Selects ACCESS’ Solutions to Support Media Sharing on All Devices
Mar 13, 2014 – ACCESS CO. and Anvia have announced that Anvia has selected ACCESS’ NetFront™ Browser NX 3.0 and NetFront™ Living Connect to power its new line of High Definition Hybrid Set-Top-Boxes.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Anvia, Esa Wahlroos, Dr Neale Foster, Digital TV, HbbTV, Home Networking, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
- HTTV and TeVolution combine DTT/OTT efforts for Africa
- Bell Media to launch on-demand subscription TV in Canada
- TiVo now available from Cogeco Cable Canada
- Roku powers Sky Online TV Box in Germany
- Sky Deutschland announces Sky Online OTT service
- VUDU entertainment service launches on TiVo
- Ittiam enables HEVC support in Android Lollipop
- Charter video subscribers down 9,000 in 3Q 2014
- STMicroelectronics reports third quarter 2014 results
- Asia Pacific to lead multiscreen boom
- 14% of U.S. broadband homes now without traditional pay TV
- ARM announces single-core video codec IP for HEVC
- Silicon Labs launches 6th generation silicon tuners
- Beltelecom expands DTT coverage in Belarus
- Amazon introduces its Fire TV Stick
- Philippines digital TV to begin in 2019
- Sky TV New Zealand to launch NEON SVOD service in December
- Tivi OTT service begins test operations in Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Global pay TV market to generate $269 billion in 2014
- U.S. broadband households watch 17.4 hours of non-linear video per week