TVConnect 2017: March 28-30, 2017: ExCeL, London
Minerva demonstrates integration with Oregan STB Client
Apr 28, 2015 – At TV Connect, Minerva Networks will demonstrate integration of its Service Management Platform with Oregan Networks’ set-top box client. Integration was done through Minerva’s open web services API framework.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Oregan Networks, Jean-Georges Fritsch, Mark Perry, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Broadcom first with NAGRA NOCS3 certification for Ultra HD
Apr 28, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that it is the industry's first to receive NAGRA NOCS3 certification for HEVC and Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) set-top box (STB) systems-on-a-chip (SoCs).
News categories: Broadcom, NAGRA, Dan Marotta, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Kannuu content discovery to be integrated with Frog by Wyplay
Apr 28, 2015 – Kannuu, which provides personalized content discovery technology for the connected television and media industry, has announced a partnership with Wyplay and joined the Frog by Wyplay initiative.
News categories: Kannuu, Wyplay, Telstra, Tom Laidlaw, Dominique Féral, Eric Kearley, Australia, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Arabsat TV launches OTT service with Globecast
Apr 28, 2015 – Globecast and Arabsat have announced the launch of Arabsat TV Everywhere, a multiscreen OTT TV service with live streams of Arabic channels. Arabsat TV Everywhere is available to watch free from almost anywhere in the world.
News categories: Globecast, Arabsat, Giorgio Giacomini, Khalid Balkheyour, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, OTT, TVConnect, Worldwide
iWedia ports its ANDROID4TV to Lollipop and Android TV
Apr 28, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has migrated its ANDROID4TV framework to Android Lollipop and Android TV and that the release is available in open source. ANDROID4TV is iWedia’s approach to integration of Digital TV (DTV) in the Android environment.
News categories: iWedia, Nikola Teslić, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
iFeelSmart and iWedia integrate UI/UX and STB softwares for Bouygues Telecom
Apr 28, 2015 – iWedia has announced that, in partnership with French TV UI specialist iFeelSmart, it is offering a bundle for Android TV STBs combining iFeelSmart’s Andromeda UI/UX and iWedia’s Teatro-3.5 STB software.
News categories: iWedia, iFeelSmart, Bouygues Telecom, Hervé Creff, Shy Shriqui, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, UX
S&T, ACCESS and Pixsan offer combined solution for DVB and HbbTV
Apr 27, 2015 – Strategy & Technology, ACCESS Co, and Pixsan Digital Software have announced the launch of 'Project Uno', a software solution leveraging the Universal Television Kit (UTK) Shared Source base for hybrid TV.
News categories: S&T, ACCESS Co, Pixsan, David Cutts, Dr. Neale Foster, Jon Williams, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TVConnect, UK, Worldwide
NAGRA enables CANAL+ France to deploy multiscreen TV services on over one million Android devices
Apr 27, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that CANAL+ has deployed multiscreen services on more than one million Android devices in France using NAGRA software. NAGRA's MediaLive Secure Player forms part of the CANAL+ 'MyCanal' app.
News categories: NAGRA, CANAL+ Group, Jean-Michel Puiatti, Frédéric Vincent, Apps, Digital TV, France, Market Research, Media Player, Multiscreen, Satellite, TV Everywhere, TVConnect
Marvell announces SoC platform for 4K entertainment and gaming
Apr 27, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced its ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) SoC, designed to enable Pay TV operators and STB manufacturers to deliver small form factor devices with 4K entertainment and gaming to their subscribers.
News categories: Marvell, Verimatrix, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
- Audiovisual media revenues in Germany to pass €11bn this year
- DIRECTV up 323k; U-Verse down 326k; DTVLA down 48k subscribers in 3Q 2016
- YouTube app debuts on DISH's Hopper 3 DVR
- Allegro DVT introduces lightweight video encoder IP
- Verizon FIOS video subscribers up 36,000 in 2Q 2016
- Verizon Digital Media Services powers Newsy OTT content
- Accedo AppGrid powers VOD services from ProSiebenSat.1 Digital
- Pakistan's InCable selects Exset DMS middleware
- Comcast creates Technology Solutions division
- China to push Asian SVOD – without Netflix
- Vudu launches free ad-supported VOD Service
- Telia announces regional partnership with Netflix
- Broadcom expands 802.11ac MU-MIMO portfolio
- CleverIT targets Eastern Europe with Amino IoT solution
- Samsung adds Marlin DRM to HbbTV 2.0 Smart TVs for Italy
- Vivendi launches short series offer for mobiles with Vivo in Brazil
- Cogeco Connexion deploys on-demand TV with SeaChange
- Service provider Smart Home opportunity to hit $62 billion by 2020
- Appear TV multiscreen/OTT video platform for Orange Slovakia
- Netflix, Amazon outspend CBS, HBO and Turner on TV programming