TVConnect 2017: March 28-30, 2017: ExCeL, London
First STBs with Inview software arrive in Nigeria
Mar 16, 2016 – Inview Technology has successfully completed its software integration with the first batch of set-top boxes for the beginning of Nigeria's digital switchover. Inview software and services will be integrated on all 20 million set-top boxes for launch into the Nigeria market.
News categories: Inview Technology, Nick Markham, Digital TV, Middleware, Nigeria, Terrestrial, TVConnect
SoftAtHome software to be integrated with Marvell’s ARMADA 1500 SoC
Apr 29, 2015 – SoftAtHome and Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) have announced their collaboration for integrating SoftAtHome’s SOP7 software with Marvell’s ARMADA® 1500 Ultra SoC Android and Linux SDKs.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Marvell, Michel Degland, Philip Poulidis, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, TVConnect, Worldwide
Minerva demonstrates integration with Oregan STB Client
Apr 28, 2015 – At TV Connect, Minerva Networks will demonstrate integration of its Service Management Platform with Oregan Networks’ set-top box client. Integration was done through Minerva’s open web services API framework.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Oregan Networks, Jean-Georges Fritsch, Mark Perry, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Broadcom first with NAGRA NOCS3 certification for Ultra HD
Apr 28, 2015 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that it is the industry's first to receive NAGRA NOCS3 certification for HEVC and Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD) set-top box (STB) systems-on-a-chip (SoCs).
News categories: Broadcom, NAGRA, Dan Marotta, Maurice van Riek, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Kannuu content discovery to be integrated with Frog by Wyplay
Apr 28, 2015 – Kannuu, which provides personalized content discovery technology for the connected television and media industry, has announced a partnership with Wyplay and joined the Frog by Wyplay initiative.
News categories: Kannuu, Wyplay, Telstra, Tom Laidlaw, Dominique Féral, Eric Kearley, Australia, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Arabsat TV launches OTT service with Globecast
Apr 28, 2015 – Globecast and Arabsat have announced the launch of Arabsat TV Everywhere, a multiscreen OTT TV service with live streams of Arabic channels. Arabsat TV Everywhere is available to watch free from almost anywhere in the world.
News categories: Globecast, Arabsat, Giorgio Giacomini, Khalid Balkheyour, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Multiscreen, OTT, TVConnect, Worldwide
iWedia ports its ANDROID4TV to Lollipop and Android TV
Apr 28, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has migrated its ANDROID4TV framework to Android Lollipop and Android TV and that the release is available in open source. ANDROID4TV is iWedia’s approach to integration of Digital TV (DTV) in the Android environment.
News categories: iWedia, Nikola Teslić, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
iFeelSmart and iWedia integrate UI/UX and STB softwares for Bouygues Telecom
Apr 28, 2015 – iWedia has announced that, in partnership with French TV UI specialist iFeelSmart, it is offering a bundle for Android TV STBs combining iFeelSmart’s Andromeda UI/UX and iWedia’s Teatro-3.5 STB software.
News categories: iWedia, iFeelSmart, Bouygues Telecom, Hervé Creff, Shy Shriqui, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, UX
S&T, ACCESS and Pixsan offer combined solution for DVB and HbbTV
Apr 27, 2015 – Strategy & Technology, ACCESS Co, and Pixsan Digital Software have announced the launch of 'Project Uno', a software solution leveraging the Universal Television Kit (UTK) Shared Source base for hybrid TV.
News categories: S&T, ACCESS Co, Pixsan, David Cutts, Dr. Neale Foster, Jon Williams, Digital TV, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, TVConnect, UK, Worldwide
- Mariner xVu now monitoring over 3 billion events per week
- ActiveVideo-based cloud VOD service doing well for VTR in Chile
- Charter video customers down 51,000 in 4Q 2016
- Kudelski releases 2016 results
- TiVo reports 4Q 2016 results
- HbbTV Association welcomes NorDig’s adoption of HbbTV 2
- Panasonic TVs first with Freeview Play's 2017 specification
- Zain and iflix establish 'iflix Arabia' joint venture
- EBS wins EPG contract with Viasat World
- Wipro's in-car DTV middleware adapted for Japan
- Arianespace orbits SKY Brasil-1 and Telkom 3S HDTV satellites
- Kudelski partners with Sigfox for IoT device security
- ATSC 3.0 will drive significant incremental revenue
- Comcast to launch 'Xfinity Stream' TV app for in and out of the home
- NexStreaming releases NexPlayer SDK for Samsung TIZEN Smart TVs
- 3GPP Release 14 to incorporate broadcaster requirements
- ICFLIX to be available on PTCL’s Smart TV in Pakistan
- Reliance Big TV subscribers still stuck on 5 million
- Futuresource expects 8.4 million UHD Blu-ray discs to be sold in 2017
- Deloitte releases TMT India Predictions 2017