TVConnect 2015: April 28-30, 2015: ExCel, London
Marvell announces SoC platform for 4K entertainment and gaming
Apr 27, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced its ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) SoC, designed to enable Pay TV operators and STB manufacturers to deliver small form factor devices with 4K entertainment and gaming to their subscribers.
News categories: Marvell, Verimatrix, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Albis shows ST-based OTT STB at TV Connect
Apr 23, 2015 – At TV Connect, Albis Technologies will demonstrate a solution designed to help service providers deliver OTT content. The solution features an STMicroelectronics STiH301 SoC at the heart of the SceneGate family of set-top boxes from Albis.
News categories: Albis Technologies, STMicroelectronics, Marcel Dind, Eric Benoit, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Wyplay integrates V-Nova PERSEUS video compression technology
Apr 23, 2015 – V-Nova and Wyplay have announced that they have achieved the integration of V-Nova’s PERSEUS video compression technology into the existing set-top-box platform of a Tier 1, European TV operator, which had been upgraded to run Frog Client middleware by Wyplay.
News categories: V-Nova, Wyplay, Guido Meardi, Jacques Bourgninaud, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Nagra introduces new secure Google Chrome web browser plug-in for pay-TV operators
Apr 21, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it has launched an enhancement to its NAGRA MediaLive Secure Player addressing the NPAPI phase out of Google Chrome Web browsers. The feature ensures that pay-TV operators can continue to deliver video content without disruption to consumers that use Google Chrome.
News categories: NAGRA, Jean-Michel Puiatti, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, TV Everywhere, TVConnect, Worldwide
HUMAX joins Frog by Wyplay
Apr 20, 2015 – Wyplay and HUMAX (KOSDAQ:115160) have announced that HUMAX has become a Licensee of the Frog open-source STB client middleware solution. Frog is based on Wyplay’s software for digital TV client devices and TV operators’ backends.
News categories: Wyplay, HUMAX, Jacques Bourgninaud, Jeff Kim, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Broadpeak nanoCDN integrated with Geniatech Android STBs
Apr 9, 2015 – Broadpeak has announced that its nanoCDN technology has been integrated with the ATV1800 Android TV box from Geniatech, providing operators with a way to deliver OTT video using only a few megabits per second of their network.
News categories: Broadpeak, Geniatech, Jacques Le Mancq, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, NAB, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
RDK Management announces availability of DVB components
Jun 11, 2014 – RDK Management has announced that the Reference Design Kit (RDK) now provides key components for the Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) standard that is widely used throughout Europe and other parts of the world.
News categories: RDK Management, SeaChange, Steve Heeb, Shiva Patibanda, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
ST offers Frog by Wyplay satellite set-top-box implementation
Mar 19, 2014 – Wyplay and STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) have announced the availability of a satellite broadcast-enabled reference implementation of the Frog by Wyplay set-top-box middleware for ST’s range of ARM-based SoCs (Cannes, Liege2, Monaco, and Orly).
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Wyplay, Hervé Mathieu, Jacques Bourgninaud, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Dune HD unveils HEVC-enabled set-top box at TVConnect
Mar 19, 2014 – Dune HD is showing its full line up of IPTV / VOD / OTT devices at TV Connect 2014. Included is its HEVC-capable Dune HD TV-204, the first cost-effective full-featured set-top box to support HEVC.
News categories: Dune HD, Konstantin Dyshlevoy, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
- Pay TV STB market contracts for the first time in 12 years
- Netflix on track for 69.9 million subs by year-end
- Broadcom signs STB MOUs with Inspur and StarTimes
- Shaw abandons IPTV plan, trials Comcast X1
- North American SVOD market far from mature
- Technicolor makes HDR single-stream HEVC reference code available
- Sandvine keeps VMedia's subscribers and their streams safe
- Amazon first to offer HDR videos in U.S.
- SPB TV provides technology for Lebara Play OTT
- D-Smart chooses Broadpeak dynamic CDN for OTT offering
- More than 400,000 Netflix subscription households in Australia
- Manhattan developing a range of Freeview Play set-top boxes
- BT Sport selects Ericsson to launch UK's first UHD TV channel
- Video infrastructure spending outstrips client hardware and software revenue
- iWedia provides MHEG-5 engine for TabletTV UK app
- Leading TV brands now more reliant on Chinese manufacturers
- MediaTek selects Sansa Security for mobile processors
- Thor 7 DTH satellite installed at 1°W
- Latin America OTT TV & video ready for take-off
- Pay TV market to reach 1.1 billion subscribers by 2020