CES2021 (International CES 2021): January 6-9, 2021: Virtual
CES 2021 moves to an all-digital experience
Jul 28, 2020 – The CTA has announced that CES 2021 will be an all-digital experience. The format will allow participants to hear from technology innovators, see cutting-edge technologies and the latest product launches, and engage with global brands and startups from around the world.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, CES2021, COVID-19, Digital TV, USA, Worldwide
Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
Jan 14, 2020 – Skyworth unveiled its smart home system and full lineup of smart household appliances at CES 2020. Skyworth's Q91 8K Ultra HD TV and W81 Wallpaper OLED TV series led the lineup. The Q91 series is based on MediaTek's S900C TV SoC.
News categories: Skyworth, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 13, 2020 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (NASDAQ: SBGI) have announced Cast.era, a joint venture focused on cloud infrastructure for broadcasting, ultra-low latency over-the-top (OTT) broadcasting, and targeted advertising.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Kevin Gage, Lee Jong-min, Park Kyung-mo, Advertising, ATSC 3, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
LG and Luxoft establish webOS Auto joint venture
Jan 10, 2020 – LG Electronics and Luxoft have agreed to jointly develop the webOS Auto platform. The pair will advance the deployment of digital cockpit, in-vehicle infotainment, rear-seat entertainment (RSE) and ride-hailing systems based on the platform.
News categories: LG Electronics, Luxoft, Dr. I.P. Park, Dmitry Loschinin, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, USA, Worldwide
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
Hisense revamps its VIDAA Smart TV platform
Jan 7, 2020 – Hisense has launched a completely revamped version of its VIDAA Smart TV platform. The updated platform, with a new UI and integration of content providers, puts the user and their habits at the center of the TV experience.
News categories: Hisense, Dr. Lan Lin, Apps, CES2021, Digital TV, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Technicolor shows Wi-Fi 6 STBs running Android TV and RDK at CES
Jan 7, 2020 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH, OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced live demonstrations of its JADE set-top-box (STB) - one running Android TV and the other with Reference Design Kit (RDK) middleware - during the CES conference in Las Vegas.
News categories: Technicolor, Christian Lefebvre, Android TV, CES2021, Digital TV, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vewd and Bitrouter offer integrated ATSC 3.0 software solution
Jan 7, 2020 – Vewd has partnered with BitRouter to pre-integrate BitRouter's ATSC 3.0 and ATSC 1.0 receiver software package with its Vewd OS and Vewd Core. The joint offering accelerates the launch of hybrid TV devices supporting NEXTGEN TV.
News categories: BitRouter, Vewd, Gopal Miglani, Aneesh Rajaram, ATSC 3, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, UX, Worldwide
Tivo adds content partners to Tivo+
Jan 7, 2020 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced a collection of new content partners for its video network, TiVo+. Available exclusively to TiVo customers, TiVo+ delivers free live streaming channels and thousands of movies and TV shows to viewers in an app-free environment.
News categories: TiVo, Dave Shull, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration