MWC18 (Mobile World Congress 2018): February 26-March 1, 2018: Barcelona, Spain
Telefónica presents its TV Virtual Experience project at MWC18
Feb 26, 2018 – At Mobile World Congress, Telefónica presented its TV Virtual Experience project, a way of watching TV based on virtual reality. The initiative capitalizes on the full potential of VR technology to access contents from Movistar+ and create 3D worlds.
News categories: Telefónica, Digital TV, MWC18, Spain, VR
CIBN to use RealNetworks' HD codec for its OTT TV apps
Feb 26, 2018 – RealNetworks (NASDAQ: RNWK) has announced that China International Broadcasting Network (CIBN) will launch a commercial trial of RealNetworks' codec, RealMedia HD, on its OTT HD VIDEO app and Stars China mobile app, China TV.
News categories: RealNetworks, China International Broadcasting Network, Rob Glaser, Hense Jiang, Ke Hengzhong, Apps, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, MWC18, OTT
NEOTION to show satellite OTT gateway at MWC 2018
Feb 22, 2018 – NEOTION is showcasing a new product that delivers an OTT experience, broadcast by satellite, to consumers on their mobile devices. The NEOTION Gateway supports up to 50 channels with up to 50 viewers watching each one.
News categories: NEOTION, Lionel BOISSIER, Gateway, Multiscreen, MWC18, Satellite, Worldwide
NEOTION and Tellmeplus embed native AI in secure IoT devices
Feb 14, 2018 – Tellmeplus and NEOTION have announced a partnership to natively embed predictive analytics capabilities into IoT devices. At Mobile World Congress, Tellmeplus and NEOTION will show the benefits of such AI-enhanced secure assets.
News categories: NEOTION, Tellmeplus, Lionel Boissier, Benoit Gourdon, Big Data, MWC18, Worldwide
NTT DATA roll out immersive content with Jaunt's XR Platform
Feb 14, 2018 – Jaunt has announced a partnership with NTT DATA to make the Jaunt XR Platform available to their portfolio of clients. Jaunt’s XR Platform is a white label software solution for the cross-platform distribution of immersive (VR, AR and MR) content.
News categories: Jaunt, NTT DATA, Dominic Collins, Simon Williams, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC18, VR, Worldwide
ABOX42 integrates STBs with HTML5 TV middleware from Singularity
Feb 6, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced an expanded partnership with Singularity. With its smart STB platform, ABOX42 provides pay-TV operators with a hardware and software platform that is integrated with HTML5-based TV middleware from Singularity.
News categories: ABOX42, Singularity, Comwave, Matthias Greve, Matt Ailts, Canada, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Middleware, MWC18, North America, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom and Huawei show Entertain TV 2.0 at MWC17
Mar 17, 2017 – At the Mobile World Congress 2017 in Barcelona, Deutsche Telekom and Huawei jointly presented Entertain TV 2.0, the next generation of video service. Entertain TV 2.0 was launched by Deutsche Telekom in May 2016 in Germany.
News categories: Huawei, Deutsche Telekom, Xiaolong Song, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, MWC18
Etisalat to deploy Ericsson Unified Delivery Network across the Middle East
Mar 2, 2017 – Ericsson has signed an agreement with Etisalat to deploy its Unified Delivery Network (UDN) across the Middle East. UDN is a global content distribution network (G-CDN) ecosystem for the delivery of OTT services and video content.
News categories: Ericsson, Etisalat, Petter Järtby, Hatem Bamatraf, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, MWC18, OTT
ZTE launches end-to-end VR live solution
Mar 2, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK / 000063.SZ) has announced the release of its end-to-end VR live solution based on 4 components: VR content capture, elastic networks, a video platform and a VR SDK/set-top box.
News categories: ZTE, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MWC18, Set Top Box, VR, Worldwide
- OBS implementation of CI Plus 1.4 ECP made available through DTVKit
- Indonesia's AMTV deploys end-to-end OTT solution from Harmonic and Veygo
- CANAL+ launches DTH pay TV in Myanmar on THAICOM 6
- Free TV and Broadcast Australia partner for DVB-T2 trials
- Global digital pay TV subscriptions pass one billion in 2017
- America's appetite for streaming video continues to grow
- Tata Sky mobile app’s video experience revived by Accedo
- More than 40 million devices now running RDK
- Intertrust DRM selected for milplusTV streaming service in Japan
- ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
- LG partners with NIPA to promote webOS Open Source Edition
- Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
- Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
- Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
- Baidu and Skyworth to jointly build AI ecosystem for Smart Homes
- Turner consolidates international digital advertising activity
- One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV
- Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
- U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
- SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service