ABTA 2017: June 29-July 1, 2017: Transamérica Expo Center, São Paulo, Brazil
Brazil's Oi to add TV Everywhere to quad-play service
Aug 11, 2015 – According to NexTVLatam, Oi, the largest telecommunications company in Brazil, has announced plans to add a TV Everywhere service to its Oi Play platform. Oi Play is a quad play service combining broadband, mobile and telephony with DTH satellite TV.
News categories: Oi S.A, ABTA, Brazil, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, TV Everywhere
Brazil's Vivo chooses Cisco set-top box for Wireless IPTV service
Aug 7, 2014 – Telefonica Vivo has selected the wireless Cisco IPTV set-top box for its Vivo TV Fibra service without the need to run cables to the TVs of its customers. The service provider announces the new solution at ABTA 2014.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Telefonica Vivo, Rafael Sgrott, Rodrigo Dienstmann, ABTA, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Telefonica Vivo and Quantenna bring wireless TV to Brazil
Aug 6, 2014 – Quantenna has announced that Telefonica Vivo has chosen Quantenna technology to power its wireless IPTV service. Unveiled at ABTA 2014, the Vivo TV Fiber Wi-Fi Decoder eliminates the need for wired TV connections.
News categories: Quantenna, Telefonica Vivo, Rubens Cesar Bastos, Sam Heidari, ABTA, Brazil, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
ST reveals production-ready STB platform for Brazil's analogue switch-off
Aug 5, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) is supporting the transition to digital TV in Brazil with a ready-to-produce set-top box platform developed in cooperation with software house EiTV and chipmaker MaxLinear.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MaxLinear, EiTV, Herve Mathieu, ABTA, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
PESI updates LNB converter with Entropic Channel Stacking Switch
Aug 5, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Prime Electronics & Satellitics Inc. have announced the availability of the Prime Low Noise Block (LNB) converter, based on Entropic's EN5520 digital Channel Stacking Switch (dCSS).
News categories: Entropic, Prime Electronics, Vincent Hung, Al Servati, ABTA, Brazil, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
SMK to show voice and gesture pay TV remotes at ABTA 2014
Aug 5, 2014 – SMK Electronics has announced that it will showcase a variety of advanced Pay TV remote controls during the ABTA Expo & Conference, to be held August 5th-7th at the Transamérica Expo Center in São Paulo.
News categories: SMK Electronics, Paul Evans, ABTA, Brazil, Smart Home, Worldwide
Telefónica uses Broadcom SoC for Ultra HD IPTV
Aug 5, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Telefónica has chosen Broadcom's HEVC-enabled SoC to deliver Ultra HD IPTV broadcasts. Telefónica is distributing Ultra HD content through its fiber optical networks.
News categories: Broadcom, Telefónica, Dan Marotta, Rafael Sgrott Martins, ABTA, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Prime, Entropic deploy single-cable LNB solution at Brazilian satellite operator
Aug 6, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Prime Electronics & Satellitics have advanced deployment in Brazil. Prime's LNB with Entropic's technology allows DBS operators to support a single satellite, four tuners, and multiplex terrestrial signals all over a single-cable.
News categories: Prime Electronics, Entropic, ABTA, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor
Entropic announces support for Irdeto Media Protection
Aug 6, 2013 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its EN75xx family of high definition set-top box systems-on-a-chip for satellite, cable and IPTV markets now support Irdeto Media Protection.
News categories: Entropic, Irdeto, ABTA, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Blockgraph secure data sharing initiative adds industry partners
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda