Albania Digital TV News
ALBtelecom launches ALB TV IPTV service in Albania
Apr 14, 2014 – ALBtelecom has announced the launch of its Alb TV IPTV service in Albania. The service is available in Korçë and Pogradec, and by the summer of this year the service will cover the entire country.
News categories: ALBtelecom, Floreta Zhulali, Albania, Digital TV, IPTV
DIGITALB selects Quadrille for its Push VOD services
Apr 16, 2013 – DIGITALB has chosen Quadrille's QuadriFast™ solution to deploy Video On Demand (VOD) and Catch-Up-TV services in Albania. QuadriFast allows video content to be pushed over the satellite or terrestrial network to a set-top box to be then offered on demand to subscribers.
News categories: Quadrille, DIGITALB, Albania, Content Distribution, DVR, Satellite, Terrestrial
22 of 27 EU countries implement analogue TV switch-off by end-2012
Mar 11, 2013 – The Yearbook recently published by the European Audiovisual Observatory showed that the year 2012 was a significant watershed for digital terrestrial television in the European Union with a total of 22 EU member States having hit the recommended digital switchover deadline.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Digital TV, EU, Greece, Hungary, Macedonia, Market Research, Montenegro, Poland, Romania, Russia, Terrestrial, Turkey
Albania's DigitAlb Pay-TV Platform Extends to 2020 its Eutelsat Satellite Capacity
Jan 6, 2011 – DigitAlb has announced that it has secured its satellite resources for digital broadcasting with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) to June 2020. The company has extended for an extra three years its contract with Eutelsat for transponders at 16degrees East.
News categories: Eutelsat, DigitAlb, Albania, Satellite
Albania - Tring DTH starts test broadcasting
Sep 7, 2008 – Broadcasts began a few days ago on Eutelsat W2 16°E to test the new Albanian digital satellite platform Tring. The service is owned by Albanian Satellite Communications (ASC).
News categories: Albanian Satellite Communications, Albania, Digital TV, Satellite
Thomson's DVB-H Mobile TV solutions live in 11 Countries
Apr 12, 2008 – Thomson's (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) mobile TV solutions are now in commercial deployments in 11 of the 14 countries that already have DVB-H deployments.
News categories: Thomson, Albania, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Italy, Kenya, Mobile, NABShow, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Philippines, Russia, South Africa, UAE
OSCE Presence to assist Albanian electronic media regulatory body draft national strategy
Oct 3, 2007 – The OSCE Presence in Albania will assist the National Council of Radio and Television (NCRT) in drafting an audio-visual strategy which will tackle issues such as the management of the transition from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: OSCE, KKRT, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
Thomson Delivers DVB-H Infrastructure for DigitALB Mobile Television
Apr 14, 2007 – DigitALB, the leading commercial media enterprise in Albania, has launched a 14 channel mobile television service based on a fully redundant Grass Valley's Mobile TV system from Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS).
News categories: Grass Valley, DigitALB, Albania, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, NABShow
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ