ANGACOM2018 (ANGA COM 2018): June 12-14, 2018: Cologne, Germany
Wyplay introduces an Android TV Operator Tier Launcher
Jun 13, 2018 – Wyplay has announced the introduction of an Android TV Operator Tier Launcher as part of its existing suite of user experience products. The Operator Tier Launcher has been added to Wyplay’s Linux, iOS and Android applications.
News categories: Wyplay, Jacques Bourgninaud, ANGACOM2018, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
BrightBlue and Amino team up for rapid IPTV service rollout
Jun 13, 2018 – Amino has announced a partnership with BrightBlue, Germany’s new turnkey IPTV service provider, to deliver the technology behind a 'fast to market' multiscreen IPTV solution optimized for Fiber-to-the Home, Cable and VDSL service providers.
News categories: Amino, BrightBlue, Donald McGarva, Peter Kamphuis, ANGACOM2018, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Magyar Telekom deploys Harmonic encoding solution for its IPTV service
Jun 13, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Magyar Telekom has deployed Harmonic's EyeQ content-aware encoding solution for its IPTV service. Harmonic's reseller Yazoo ensured the smooth deployment of the project.
News categories: Harmonic, Magyar Telekom, Yazoo, Ian Graham, ANGACOM2018, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV
BrightBlue and Sagemcom create turnkey 4K IPTV solution
Jun 12, 2018 – At ANGA 2018, BrightBlue is presenting an IPTV platform designed to establish a new standard in the industry with the cooperation of Sagemcom. The solution is a high-end turnkey package including a 4K UHD Linux STB from Sagemcom.
News categories: BrightBlue, Sagemcom, Peter Kamphuis, Olivier Taravel, ANGACOM2018, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Eurofins to provide testing and validation for Com Hem's Android TV STB
Jun 12, 2018 – At ANGA COM 2018, Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has been selected by Com Hem to provide automated testing and service validation for Com Hem's Tv Hub. Tv Hub is an Android TV Ultra HD/4K Hybrid STB.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testing, Com Hem, Johan Craeybeckx, Thomas Helbo, ANGACOM2018, Digital TV, QoE, Set Top Box, Sweden
Nordija provides technology for Swisscom TVaaS 2.0 platform
Jun 6, 2018 – Nordija has developed the technology behind the new TV-as-a-Service platform 'TVaaS 2.0' from Swisscom Broadcast. The solution provides a service platform for delivering customised TV experiences, and will be launched at ANGA COM 2018.
News categories: Nordija, Swisscom, Jeroen van Vliet, Olivier Anthamatten, ANGACOM2018, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HTML5, IPTV, Worldwide
Viaccess-Orca, Wiztivi, and EKT introduce joint OTT/IPTV solution
Jun 5, 2018 – Viaccess-Orca (VO), Wiztivi and EKT have joined forces to create an end-to-end (E2E) OTT multiscreen and IPTV solution for pay-TV operators and service providers. The new solution will be demonstrated at ANGA COM 2018.
News categories: Wiztivi, EKT, Viaccess-Orca, Manuel Dujardin, Richard Smith, Chem Assayag, ANGACOM2018, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MStar releases ECP-compliant CI+ 2.0 CAM solution in USB form factor
May 23, 2018 – MStar Semiconductor has launched an Enhanced Content Protection (ECP) compliant CI+ 2.0 CAM solution in USB form factor and Android TV, which will allow consumers to receive pay TV services on their TVs by leveraging USB-based CAMs.
News categories: MStar Semi, Wayne Tsai, ANGACOM2018, CAM, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Beenius announces acquisition of Castoola
May 11, 2018 – Beenius has announced the acquisition of Castoola. The purchase is an additional asset for Beenius, since its multi-platform solution for IPTV, OTT and DVB-X is now enriched with HbbTV technology.
News categories: Beenius, Castoola, Filip Remškar, ANGACOM2018, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, MnA, Worldwide
- Smart speakers are popular, but not for controlling connected home devices
- Tata Sky selects ThinkAnalytics for live and on-demand personalized content discovery
- Nielsen and FreeWheel partner on OTT and STB VOD measurement
- BrightLine enables inclusion of voice assistant prompts in OTT ads
- Tru Optik releases measurement and validation service for targeted OTT advertising
- Virgin Media expands Netflix partnership with single billing
- Screen size and picture quality drive replacement TV purchases in U.S.
- Intelsat and Globo to demonstrate 8K during the World Cup
- Comcast's proposed acquisition of Sky cleared under EU merger rules
- AT&T completes acquisition of Time Warner Inc.
- Sony Crackle selects Nielsen for addressable advertising
- Beltelecom expands ZALA service to include STBs with SmartLabs
- Vewd enables iVideoSmart partners to launch on smart TV devices
- adsquare audience platform enriched with PeerLogix OTT viewing data
- Global OTT video subscriptions to pass 400 million in 2022
- Wyplay introduces an Android TV Operator Tier Launcher
- BrightBlue and Amino team up for rapid IPTV service rollout
- Pay TV subscribers in LatAm expected to grow to 79.3 million in 2023
- Magyar Telekom deploys Harmonic encoding solution for its IPTV service
- European Commission to investigate proposed acquisition of Tele2 NL by T-Mobile