ANGA (ANGA COM 2017): May 30-June 1, 2017: Cologne, Germany
Kabel-TV Lampert turns to Zattoo and ABOX42 for DVB-C/IP hybrid TV
May 30, 2017 – The Austrian cable network operator Kabel-TV Lampert has chosen a DVB-C/IP hybrid TV solution from Zattoo. In autumn this year, Kabel-TV Lampert will launch a TV product that combines live TV delivered as DVB-C with IPTV services such as ReStart, Catch-up TV and Cloud-Recording.
News categories: Zattoo, Kabel-TV Lampert, ABOX42, Gernot Jaeger, Karoline Lampert, ANGA, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Samsung integrates Celeno Wi-Fi in DOCSIS gateway and 4K STB
May 30, 2017 – Celeno has announced that its silicon and software technology will power home gateways and set-top boxes being developed by Samsung. Celeno's Wi-Fi chipsets will power Samsung's DOCSIS 3.1 gateway and 4K client product lines.
News categories: Celeno, Samsung, Gilad Rozen, ANGA, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Wireless
Tele Columbus and M7 extend pay TV cooperation
May 30, 2017 – Tele Columbus and M7 Group have extended their cooperation for the contribution of German and international pay TV channels. As part of this cooperation Tele Columbus and M7 also consolidated the existing contracts with the Tele Columbus subsidiaries primacom and pepcom.
News categories: Tele Columbus, M7 Group, Frank Posnanski, Martijn van Hout, ANGA, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
NEOTION adds ARRIS-based TITANIUM CAM to its portfolio
May 30, 2017 – NEOTION has extended its portfolio with the launch of a CAM based on ARRIS' Titanium Content Security for DVB cardless pay TV. NEOTION's TITANIUM CAM integrates ARRIS’s managed security allowing operators to target the many TVs with integrated CAM slots.
News categories: NEOTION, ARRIS, Olivier DEMOLY, JP Heron, ANGA, CAM, Digital TV, Europe, Worldwide
NEOTION and Viaccess-Orca deploy Adaptive Sentinel CAM
May 30, 2017 – NEOTION and Viaccess-Orca have confirmed their longstanding working relationship by deploying the first NEOTION CAM with Viaccess-Orca Adaptive Sentinel dual card and cardless Conditional Access System (CAS) for a major European Operator.
News categories: NEOTION, Viaccess-Orca, Olivier DEMOLY, Chem ASSAYAG, ANGA, CAM, Digital TV, Europe
Amino adapts STB software to run on legacy boxes
May 18, 2017 – Amino has announced that its Amino ENABLE virtual set-top box software is empowering TV operators to migrate to an all IP/Cloud future. It will have its public debut at Broadcast Asia and ANGA this month.
News categories: Amino, Cincinnati Bell, Mark Evensen, Donald McGarva, Tom Simpson, ANGA, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Beenius and Infomir team up to offer Android STBs
May 10, 2017 – Beenius and Infomir have teamed up to deliver a set of set-top boxes specifically designed to meet the demand from cable providers and telco operators for Android technology.
News categories: Beenius, Infomir, ANGA, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MoCA enters broadband access market
Jun 8, 2016 – MoCA is developing a specification targeting multiple dwelling units (MDUs) called MoCA Access. The specification will be based on the current MoCA 2.0 standard which is capable of 1 Gbps net throughputs.
News categories: MoCA, Charles Cerino, ANGA, Broadband, Coax, Content Distribution, Fibre, MoCA, Worldwide
21.5 million German TV homes receiving channels via HOT BIRD
Jun 8, 2016 – Eutelsat has revealed the first results of its Eutelsat TV Observatory 2016 for the German market. From 2014 to 2016, the HOT BIRD position increased its German DTH audience by 30% to 3.1 million homes.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, ANGA, Germany, Market Research, Satellite
- Nearly 5 million in France watch TV on a second screen each day
- Fiji selects EUTELSAT 172B to provide universal TV access
- Médiamétrie releases survey of SVOD market in France
- Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
- HbbTV and RadioDNS start HbbTV application discovery service
- Witbe and Divitel offer QoE management in Benelux & DACH
- Espial Elevate introduces Amazon Alexa voice support
- U.S. DOJ challenges AT&T/DIRECTV acquisition of Time Warner
- China and North America TV shipments fall sharply in Q3 2017
- NexPlayer HTML5 player now compatible with Conviva QoE platform
- Marvell and Cavium to combine
- Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone and Telefónica top telcos in Europe
- TV Plus DTH renews contract to use Intelsat 19
- RSCRYPTO announces availability on Mstar chips
- ATP expands partnership with Amazon Prime Video
- U.S. multichannel subscriber losses top 1 million in 3Q 2017
- Sinclair Broadcast and ONE Media set for ATSC 3.0 deployment
- FCC authorizes ATSC 3.0 transmission standard
- ADB wins new project with Melita in Malta
- black launches HD smart box in South Africa