ANGA (ANGA COM 2017): May 30-June 1, 2017: Cologne, Germany
Samsung integrates Celeno Wi-Fi in DOCSIS gateway and 4K STB
May 30, 2017 – Celeno has announced that its silicon and software technology will power home gateways and set-top boxes being developed by Samsung. Celeno's Wi-Fi chipsets will power Samsung's DOCSIS 3.1 gateway and 4K client product lines.
News categories: Celeno, Samsung, Gilad Rozen, ANGA, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA, Wireless
Tele Columbus and M7 extend pay TV cooperation
May 30, 2017 – Tele Columbus and M7 Group have extended their cooperation for the contribution of German and international pay TV channels. As part of this cooperation Tele Columbus and M7 also consolidated the existing contracts with the Tele Columbus subsidiaries primacom and pepcom.
News categories: Tele Columbus, M7 Group, Frank Posnanski, Martijn van Hout, ANGA, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany
NEOTION adds ARRIS-based TITANIUM CAM to its portfolio
May 30, 2017 – NEOTION has extended its portfolio with the launch of a CAM based on ARRIS' Titanium Content Security for DVB cardless pay TV. NEOTION's TITANIUM CAM integrates ARRIS’s managed security allowing operators to target the many TVs with integrated CAM slots.
News categories: NEOTION, ARRIS, Olivier DEMOLY, JP Heron, ANGA, Digital TV, Europe, Smart card / CAM, Worldwide
NEOTION and Viaccess-Orca deploy Adaptive Sentinel CAM
May 30, 2017 – NEOTION and Viaccess-Orca have confirmed their longstanding working relationship by deploying the first NEOTION CAM with Viaccess-Orca Adaptive Sentinel dual card and cardless Conditional Access System (CAS) for a major European Operator.
News categories: NEOTION, Viaccess-Orca, Olivier DEMOLY, Chem ASSAYAG, ANGA, Digital TV, Europe, Smart card / CAM
Amino adapts STB software to run on legacy boxes
May 18, 2017 – Amino has announced that its Amino ENABLE virtual set-top box software is empowering TV operators to migrate to an all IP/Cloud future. It will have its public debut at Broadcast Asia and ANGA this month.
News categories: Amino, Cincinnati Bell, Mark Evensen, Donald McGarva, Tom Simpson, ANGA, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Beenius and Infomir team up to offer Android STBs
May 10, 2017 – Beenius and Infomir have teamed up to deliver a set of set-top boxes specifically designed to meet the demand from cable providers and telco operators for Android technology.
News categories: Beenius, Infomir, ANGA, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MoCA enters broadband access market
Jun 8, 2016 – MoCA is developing a specification targeting multiple dwelling units (MDUs) called MoCA Access. The specification will be based on the current MoCA 2.0 standard which is capable of 1 Gbps net throughputs.
News categories: MoCA, Charles Cerino, ANGA, Broadband, Coax, Content Distribution, Fibre, MoCA, Worldwide
21.5 million German TV homes receiving channels via HOT BIRD
Jun 8, 2016 – Eutelsat has revealed the first results of its Eutelsat TV Observatory 2016 for the German market. From 2014 to 2016, the HOT BIRD position increased its German DTH audience by 30% to 3.1 million homes.
News categories: Eutelsat, Michel Azibert, ANGA, Germany, Market Research, Satellite
Portugal's NOS partners with ARRIS for new 4K STB
Jun 7, 2016 – NOS, Portugal's broadband and TV service provider, has selected the ZD4500 set-top from ARRIS International (NASDAQ: ARRS) for its new, immersive 4K service.
News categories: ARRIS, NOS, Steve McCaffery, Pedro Bandeira, ANGA, Cable TV, Digital TV, Portugal, Set Top Box
- OTT devices and services market to be worth $165.13bn by 2025
- Thaicom inks transponder agreement with MVI for Lao DTH platform
- 30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
- Sky Deutschland chooses Yospace dynamic ad insertion for Sky Go
- Sinclair and Nexstar agree transition plan from ATSC 1.0 to ATSC 3.0
- Video Services Analytics market to double over the next five years
- Reliance Industries invests in Balaji Telefilms
- Five large groups make up for two thirds of Latin American Pay-TV
- Encompass to provide CloudVOD to Scripps Networks International
- GTPL Hathway boosts channel count and OTT services with Harmonic
- Cadent enhances its addressable TV solution and core system
- Pirate pay TV in 7% of TV households in Latin America
- TELUS selects Mediamorph to streamline programmer fee calculations and processing
- U.S. TV's 2017-18 upfront ad sales up 5.9% Y-o-Y
- Tru Optik and Lotame partner on connected TV audience targeting
- VSTV improves QoE with Broadpeak CDN selector
- Sky expands its use of Cisco's video security portfolio
- TVPlayer selects SpotX as video ad serving platform
- Joyne selects Eutelsat for new Dutch DTH service
- MENA OTT revenues to quadruple