Asia Digital TV News
Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
Jan 18, 2019 – The Singapore government has announced that it will be amending its Copyright Act. Measures to deter retailers from profiting from providing access to content through unauthorised sources, such as TV boxes, will be added.
News categories: Asia Video Industry Association, Louis Boswell, Neil Gane, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Regulation, Singapore
Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
Jan 15, 2019 – Vestel has launched its first CASTVs which allow consumers to access pay TV services without the need for a separate set-top box, CAM or any other external device. The launch has been enabled by Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, evotv, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Domagoj Frank, Austria, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Uzbekistan
TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
Jan 15, 2019 – Synamedia has announced that it has extended its partnership with TrueVisions. As part of the new contract, Synamedia VideoGuard will protect TrueVisions’ live sports, news, entertainment and other premium content.
News categories: Synamedia, TrueVisions, Sue Couto, Dr. Jen, Android TV, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Thailand
TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8
Jan 14, 2019 – Thaicom (THCOM) has announced that True Visions has signed a transponder capacity contract for its pay TV service in Thailand. True Visions has retained Ku-band transponders on the new Thaicom-8 satellite.
News categories: Thaicom, TrueVisions, Patompob (Nile) Suwansiri, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Thailand
NEC provides base stations for NTT DOCOMO 5G video trial
Jan 11, 2019 – NEC has announced that it contributed to a video transmission test utilizing 5G conducted in November 2018 by NTT DOCOMO and TOBU RAILWAY through the provision of 5G base stations that support 4.5GHz and 28GHz bands.
News categories: NEC Corp, 5G, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan
Australia's 9Now launches new ad products
Jan 10, 2019 – Nine continues its leadership of the Australian broadcast video on demand market by launching into 2019 with a raft of major advertising product announcements aimed at making digital video even more targeted and easier to buy.
News categories: Nine, Pippa Leary, Michael Stephenson, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, OTT
J:COM selects Verimatrix for business intelligence insights
Jan 10, 2019 – Verimatrix has announced that J:COM has selected its Verspective Intelligence product. The solution enables J:COM to make informed decisions about audiences, content, consumption, and service performance.
News categories: Verimatrix, J:COM, CCSC, Steve Oetegenn, Naoki Kobayashi, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Japan
SK Telecom, Harman and Sinclair to commercialize in-car ATSC 3.0
Jan 10, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that with Harman they intend to jointly develop and commercialize digital broadcasting network-based automotive electronics technology for global markets.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, SK Telecom, Harman, Chris Ripley, Park Jung-ho, Dinesh Paliwal, ATSC, CES2019, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
India active DTH subscribers up 0.08 million in 3Q 2018
Jan 8, 2019 – According to figures submitted to TRAI, active satellite pay TV subscriptions in India reached 69.45 million at the end of September 2018, up 0.08 million versus the end of the previous quarter, and up 2.46 million year-on-year.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
- TrueVisions extends CA partnership with Synamedia
- Liberty Latin America confirms discussions with Millicom
- NBCUniversal announces Direct-to-Consumer streaming service
- Syncbak to debut straight to OTT syndication marketplace at NATPE 2019
- Endeavor video technology with NeuLion becomes Endeavor Streaming
- TrueVisions takes Ku-band capacity on Thaicom-8