Austria Digital TV News
Deutsche Telekom MagentaTV subscribers up 66,000 in 1Q 2019
May 9, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has released results for the first quarter of 2019. In Germany, 66,000 new MagentaTV customers were recorded in the quarter, taking the total number to 3.4 million, an increase of 7.1 percent compared with March 2018.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Croatia, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Results, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Subscribers
T-Mobile Austria and UPC Austria merge to form Magenta Telekom
May 7, 2019 – T-Mobile Austria and UPC Austria have merged to form Magenta Telekom. The Deutsche Telekom subsidiary will market its services under the Magenta retail brand, while retaining the T logo as its corporate brand.
News categories: Magenta Telekom, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA
A1 Telekom Austria adds 5k TV RGUs in 1Q 2019
Apr 29, 2019 – A1 Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced results for its quarter ending March 31, 2019. Overall, TV RGUs were up 5 thousand units (0.3%) in the quarter and up 211 thousand units (14.7%) versus the same point in 2018.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Austria, Belarus, Bulgaria, Croatia, Digital TV, IPTV, Macedonia, Results, Satellite, Slovenia, Subscribers
Vestel integrates HD Austria TV App on Toshiba, JVC and Hitachi branded TVs
Apr 25, 2019 – HD Austria has announced that, thanks to a cooperation with Vestel, its TV app is now available on Toshiba, JVC and Hitachi Smart TVs. The Smart TV app is supported by all devices with an integrated satellite tuner from those brands.
News categories: HD Austria, Vestel, Apps, Austria, Digital TV, Satellite, Smart TV
M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
Apr 24, 2019 – M7 Group has agreed with Vestel to integrate the M7 smart TV app into the latest Vestel smart TVs. For the markets in which M7 operates, Vestel produced smart TVs are available under various brands, including Toshiba, Hitachi, JVC, Finlux and Telefunken.
News categories: M7 Group, Vestel, Hans Troelstra, Hakan Kutlu, Apps, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Netherlands, Satellite, Slovakia, Smart TV
Kabel-TV Lampert extends partnership with ZATTOO in Austria
Mar 20, 2019 – Kabel-TV Lampert has announced its continued use of ZATTOO’s end-to-end platform. In future there will be a marketing option for other network operators who are interested in a TV product but do not want to invest in their own hardware and software.
News categories: ZATTOO, Lampert, Gernot Jaeger, Karoline Lampert, Austria, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
Jan 15, 2019 – Vestel has launched its first CASTVs which allow consumers to access pay TV services without the need for a separate set-top box, CAM or any other external device. The launch has been enabled by Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, evotv, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Domagoj Frank, Austria, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Uzbekistan
Zappn TV launches OTT channel on Veset's cloud platform
Sep 13, 2018 – Zappn TV is using Veset Cirrus to launch its new OTT channel. Veset Cirrus is a playout platform for OTT, developed natively for the cloud and IP. Zappn TV delivers a 24/7 livestream to mobile devices across Austria.
News categories: Veset, Zappn TV, Igor Krol, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Mobile, OTT
Sky Deutschland selects Witbe for Ultra HD/4K STB video analysis
Sep 6, 2018 – Witbe has been selected by Sky Deutschland to automate the analysis and testing of their Sky set-top-boxes. Witbe Robots will support Sky to provide the best video Quality of Experience to its customers.
News categories: Witbe, Sky Deutschland, Marie-Véronique Lacaze, Stefan Kastl, Austria, Digital TV, Germany, IBC2019, QoE, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA