Baltics Digital TV News
All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
Jul 22, 2019 – All Media Baltics and Atende Software have partnered to launch OTT services in Lithuania, Latvia and Estonia. Atende Software will implement its redGalaxy OTT platforms delivering an OTT backend along with branded end-user applications.
News categories: Atende Software, All Media Baltics, Przemysław Frasunek, Jan Wykrytowicz, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, OTT
Telecentras and LG to introduce HbbTV for Smart TVs in Lithuania
Apr 18, 2019 – The Lithuanian Radio and Television Centre (Telecentras) and LG Electronics have agreed a cooperation aimed at introducing HbbTV intended for smart TVs. The launch of HbbTV in Lithuania is scheduled for the first half of this year.
News categories: Telecentras, LG Electronics, Remigijus Šeris, Digital TV, HbbTV, Lithuania, Smart TV, Terrestrial
LMT picks Harmonic to optimise 4G bandwidth use on its live OTT service
Feb 22, 2019 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that LMT has deployed Harmonic's EyeQ content-aware encoding for its live OTT service, delivered to TVs via 4G set-top boxes. Using the technology, LMT can deliver a video with up to a 40% reduction in bandwidth.
News categories: Harmonic, LMT, Ian Graham, Edgars Gončars, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Latvia, Mobile, OTT
Telia Estonia selects ATEME to power new OTT offering
Dec 6, 2018 – ATEME has announced that Telia Estonia has selected ATEME’s TITAN solution to compress and package its next generation OTT offering. The project aims to extend the reach of HD services throughout Estonia and introduces new packaging formats.
News categories: ATEME, Telia, Igor Stankovic, Oliver Mändla, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, OTT
52.5 million pay TV subs for European former USSR countries in 1Q 2018
Jul 17, 2018 – According to Dataxis, Pay-TV subscriptions in former European USSR countries reached 53.2m in the first quarter of 2018, a 3% YoY growth. In line with global trends, cable TV is declining in all countries of the region (-2% YoY).
News categories: Dataxis, Armenia, Belarus, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia, Georgia, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Moldova, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Ukraine
60 million pay TV subscribers for Europe's ex-USSR countries in 2023
May 24, 2018 – According to Dataxis, pay TV in the European ex-USSR region will grow at a 1.6% CAGR between 2017 and 2023 to reach 59.7 million subscribers. The Russian market represents 80% of the total today and its share should remain stable until the end of the period.
News categories: Dataxis, Baltics, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
Lattelecom introduces Helio iTV interactive television
Apr 25, 2018 – Lattelecom has introduced a new brand under the name Helio, with interactive television as the first messenger of the brand. Customers will begin to test the new Helio iTV service in late May.
News categories: Lattelecom, Lattelecom, Digital TV, Latvia, Mobile
All Media Baltics takes capacity on ASTRA 4A
Dec 19, 2017 – All Media Baltics’ Pay TV subscribers will be able to enjoy the broadcaster’s channel package in HD quality, including its original premium TV channels, at 5°E, following a multi-year capacity agreement announced by SES.
News categories: SES S.A, All Media Baltics, Håkan Sjödin, Arvils Kupris, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Satellite
Latvia's LMT launches multiscreen TV with Broadpeak
Oct 26, 2017 – Broadpeak has announced that Latvian telco operator Latvijas Mobilais Telefons (LMT) has deployed a Broadpeak solution to support its new live, on-demand, and catch-up TV services. Hannu Pro provided expertise in systems integration.
News categories: Broadpeak, Latvijas Mobilais Telefons, Jacques Le Mancq, Edgars Goncars, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Latvia, TV Everywhere
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019