Bangladesh Digital TV News
RealVU Bangladesh selects Exset value-add ecosystem to increase ARPU
Oct 11, 2016 – Bangladesh DTH platform, RealVU, has selected Exset to create and deploy value-add news and dynamic advertising services. Launched in April this year, RealVU is owned and operated by Beximco Communications.
News categories: Exset, RealVU, Andrew Pons, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite
Bangladesh’s first DTH service RealVU set in operation
Apr 28, 2016 – BEXIMCO Communications has launched Bangladesh’s first Direct-to-Home (DTH) service under the brand name RealVU. RealVU is available everywhere across the country, with sales outlets in Dhaka, Sylhet and Chittagong.
News categories: BEXIMCO, RealVU, Dmitry Lapitskiy, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Satellite
Jadoo Digital launches hybrid video in Bangladesh with Verimatrix
Mar 22, 2016 – Verimatrix has announced that Digi Jadoo Broadband Ltd, a pay TV distributor in Bangladesh, has implemented the Verimatrix Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB Hybrid to secure content for its new Jadoo Digital service.
News categories: Verimatrix, Jadoo Digital, Steve Oetegenn, Navidul Huq, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
Jadoo Digital in Bangladesh adopts Cubiware middleware
Feb 17, 2016 – Cubiware (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that cable provider Jadoo Digital in Bangladesh has joined the roster of operators choosing Cubiware for linear TV set-top boxes that support over the top and video on demand.
News categories: Cubiware, Jadoo Digital, Jakub Gorski, Navidul Huq, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
STB shipments to SAARC region grew 52% in 2015
Feb 4, 2016 – Set-Top-Box shipments into the SAARC region has witnessed robust year-on-year growth of 52% during 2015, according to Dataxis. In 2015, 22.3 million STBs were shipped in the SAARC region, compared to a 14 million STBs in 2014.
News categories: Dataxis, Anusha S, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Corpus provides multiscreen OTT UX for Amber Smart TV
Jan 19, 2016 – Corpus Media Labs has been selected by Amber IT, Bangladesh to create the right user experience for its TV anywhere services in Bangladesh. The service will include live TV, subscription VOD (SVOD) and catch-up TV content, on a wide range of mobile devices.
News categories: Corpus Media Labs, Amber, Sachin Tummala, Bangladesh, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, UX
Thales Alenia Space to build Bangabandhu satellite for Bangladesh
Nov 12, 2015 – Thales Alenia Space has announced that it has signed a contract with the Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC) to build the Bangabandhu satellite. The satellite will take broadcasting and telecommunication services to rural areas.
News categories: Thales, BTRC, Jean Loic Galle, Md Golam Razzaque, Bangladesh, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite
South Asia STB shipments see phenomenal rise
Nov 4, 2015 – With the pay-TV industry in all major SAARC countries moving toward digitization, set-top boxes of all kinds from SD to HDTV and hybrid boxes are witnessing steady and robust growth, according to new research from Dataxis.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
DTH driving HDTV boom in South Asia
Aug 25, 2015 – The HDTV segment in the SAARC region is expected to boom over the next three years, according to Dataxis. The company reports a steady increase in both HDTV subscribers and HDTV channels in the region.
News categories: Dataxis, Sreeja VN, Bangladesh, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Nepal, Pakistan, Satellite, Smart TV, Sri Lanka
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification