Big Data (Audience Measurement, Personalisation, Metadata, AI, Content Identification, Ad Insertion)
Connected TV advertising shows promise in Europe
Jun 18, 2020 – Xandr and IAB Europe have released a report on Connected TV (CTV) in Europe. 58% of respondents reported targeting efficiencies as being a key driver to considering or increasing investment in CTV.
News categories: IAB Europe, Xandr, Marie-Clare Puffett, Austin Scott, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, Market Research, OTT
PubMatic prebid header bidding to drive ad pod optimization
Jun 17, 2020 – PubMatic has announced the launch of OpenWrap OTT, a header bidding solution that centralizes 100% of direct and programmatic demand while preserving a seamless TV-like viewer experience.
News categories: PubMatic, Jonas Olsen, Jean Fitzpatrick, Daniel Riddell, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
BARB launches BVOD ad planner for the UK
Jun 16, 2020 – BARB has launched a beta BVOD planner to help agencies and advertisers plan advertising campaigns across BARB-reported commercial broadcasters’ linear channels and VOD platforms in the UK.
News categories: BARB, Justin Sampson, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Nexstar Digital selects FreeWheel to streamline ad purchases
Jun 15, 2020 – Nexstar Digital (Nasdaq: 'NXST') has selected FreeWheel's (Nasdaq: 'CMCSA') Strata platform. The platform provides access to Nexstar’s digital inventory nwith the ability to send orders directly in the Strata workflow.
News categories: Nexstar Digital, FreeWheel, Wil Danielson, Jamie Donnenfeld, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
ZEASN unveils movie database and recommendation engine
Jun 12, 2020 – ZEASN has unveiled WhaleTime, a global movie database and recommendation engine. Users can browse content and WhaleTime will automatically show a menu to allow jumping to the corresponding streaming media platform.
News categories: ZEASN, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Russia, Smart TV, UX, Worldwide
Comscore extends measurement partnerships with Auditel and MMS
Jun 11, 2020 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced the extension of two key partnerships in Europe - with Auditel in Italy and MMS in Sweden - increasing its focus on TV and Video measurement for the region.
News categories: Comscore, Auditel, MMS, Guido Fambach, Advertising, Digital TV, Italy, Sweden
AMC Networks partners with On Addressability distribution partners
Jun 10, 2020 – AMC Networks has announced that it has partnered with Charter's Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising and Cox Media to enable addressable capabilities on its own linear and VOD television advertising.
News categories: AMC Networks, Comcast Advertising, Spectrum Reach, Cox Media, Kim Kelleher, Marcien Jenckes, David Kline, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
DoubleVerify standardizes CTV app identifiers across platforms
Jun 10, 2020 – DoubleVerify has launched a transparency and reporting solution for CTV inventory. The new solution is designed to give CTV buyers full transparency and accurate data on where their campaigns are running across all major CTV devices.
News categories: DoubleVerify, Matt McLaughlin, Dan Slivjanovski, Joe Barone, Advertising, Apps, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA, Worldwide
Comscore and Cox Media expand TV measurement agreement
Jun 9, 2020 – Comscore (Nasdaq: SCOR) has announced an agreement to provide Cox Media Group (CMG) with TV measurement in six new markets: Syracuse, NY, Spokane, WA, Idaho Falls, ID, Eureka, CA, Binghamton, NY, and Alexandria, LA.
News categories: Comscore, Cox Media Group, Steve Walsh, Advertising, Big Data, USA
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions