Botswana Digital TV News
Botswana set to adopt ISDB
Feb 16, 2010 – Botswana Television (Btv) looks set to adopt the latest broadcast digital technology, known as the ISDB, popularised by Japan and Brazil.
News categories: Botswana, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Africa's SADC sets 2013 analogue switch-off deadline
Jul 16, 2009 – The Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) has set December 2013 as the deadline for its members to switch from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Botswana creates Digital Migration Task Force
May 3, 2009 – Botswana's Ministry of Communications, Science and Technology (MCST) has launched a Digital Migration Task Force, aimed at paving the way for the introduction of digital terrestrial television (DTT) in the country.
News categories: MCST, Botswana, Digital TV, Terrestrial
SatLink Launches New DTH Platform to Africa on Astra 4A
Apr 19, 2009 – SatLink Communications has announced that it has acquired its own capacity covering sub-Saharan Africa on ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite located at 5° East. The MCPC platform is for DTH broadcasters aiming to cover the region.
News categories: SatLink, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
GlobeCast launches new African DTH distribution platform on Astra 4A
Mar 3, 2009 – GlobeCast has announced that its African DTH platform has successfully started transmissions on SES ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite. African broadcaster VoxAfrica is one of the first channels to sign up for the new platform.
News categories: GlobeCast, VoxAfrica, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's GTV goes into liquidation
Jan 30, 2009 – Gateway Broadcast Services, supplier of the GTV satellite service to subscribers across Africa over the last 2 years, has announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously approved a plan to liquidate the Company.
News categories: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
A newcomer is shaking up satellite television in Africa
Aug 14, 2008 – Gateway Communications's satellite-television subsidiary GTV, a company created just over a year ago, has signed up more than 100,000 customers in 20 countries - which, it reckons, translates into 1.25m regular viewers.
News categories: Gateway Communications, GTV, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Botswana - BEStv finally receives broadcasting licence
Aug 14, 2008 – Black Earth Communications (BEC) has received its satellite broadcasting service licence from the Botswana Telecommunication Authority (BTA). BEC will trade as Black Entertainment Satellite Television (BEStv).
News categories: Black Earth Communications, Botswana Telecommunication Authority, Botswana, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite
Botswana - New pan-African satellite TV outfit licensed
Dec 19, 2007 – The National Broadcasting Board (NBB) yesterday awarded a Satellite Subscription Television Service Licence to Munhumutape African Broadcasting Corporation (MABCTV).
News categories: Botswana, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Satellite
- FourthWall Media adds Neilsen Smart TV ACR data to analytics platform
- TDS Telecom rolls-out IP video and Cloud DVR with Velocix
- A1now selects Vionlabs for AI-powered recommendations
- Global AVOD expenditure to double
- Gem Shopping Network to use Comscore TV measurement
- United Group makes strategic investment in Forthnet
- Disney+ and Apple TV+ both see success during first six months in the market
- Comcast, Charter and ViacomCBS announce Blockgraph partnership
- Britbox app now available on BT TV set-top boxes
- Conviva partners with Akamai on QoE intelligence
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Bouygues Telecom replaces set-top box with Smart TV app
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey