Botswana Digital TV News
Botswana set to adopt ISDB
Feb 16, 2010 – Botswana Television (Btv) looks set to adopt the latest broadcast digital technology, known as the ISDB, popularised by Japan and Brazil.
News categories: Botswana, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Africa's SADC sets 2013 analogue switch-off deadline
Jul 16, 2009 – The Southern Africa Development Community (SADC) has set December 2013 as the deadline for its members to switch from analogue to digital broadcasting.
News categories: SADC, Angola, Botswana, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRC, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Terrestrial, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Botswana creates Digital Migration Task Force
May 3, 2009 – Botswana's Ministry of Communications, Science and Technology (MCST) has launched a Digital Migration Task Force, aimed at paving the way for the introduction of digital terrestrial television (DTT) in the country.
News categories: MCST, Botswana, Digital TV, Terrestrial
SatLink Launches New DTH Platform to Africa on Astra 4A
Apr 19, 2009 – SatLink Communications has announced that it has acquired its own capacity covering sub-Saharan Africa on ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite located at 5° East. The MCPC platform is for DTH broadcasters aiming to cover the region.
News categories: SatLink, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
GlobeCast launches new African DTH distribution platform on Astra 4A
Mar 3, 2009 – GlobeCast has announced that its African DTH platform has successfully started transmissions on SES ASTRA's Astra 4A (Sirius 4) satellite. African broadcaster VoxAfrica is one of the first channels to sign up for the new platform.
News categories: GlobeCast, VoxAfrica, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Senegal, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Africa's GTV goes into liquidation
Jan 30, 2009 – Gateway Broadcast Services, supplier of the GTV satellite service to subscribers across Africa over the last 2 years, has announced that its Board of Directors has unanimously approved a plan to liquidate the Company.
News categories: Botswana, Burundi, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
A newcomer is shaking up satellite television in Africa
Aug 14, 2008 – Gateway Communications's satellite-television subsidiary GTV, a company created just over a year ago, has signed up more than 100,000 customers in 20 countries - which, it reckons, translates into 1.25m regular viewers.
News categories: Gateway Communications, GTV, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Botswana - BEStv finally receives broadcasting licence
Aug 14, 2008 – Black Earth Communications (BEC) has received its satellite broadcasting service licence from the Botswana Telecommunication Authority (BTA). BEC will trade as Black Entertainment Satellite Television (BEStv).
News categories: Black Earth Communications, Botswana Telecommunication Authority, Botswana, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite
Botswana - New pan-African satellite TV outfit licensed
Dec 19, 2007 – The National Broadcasting Board (NBB) yesterday awarded a Satellite Subscription Television Service Licence to Munhumutape African Broadcasting Corporation (MABCTV).
News categories: Botswana, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Satellite
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019