BBWF (Broadband World Forum) 2018: October 23-25, 2018: Messe, Berlin
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
AirTies launches RDK-based Wi-Fi solution
Oct 18, 2018 – AirTies has announced plans to make its managed Wi-Fi solution available for devices running the RDK software platform in Q1 2019. The company also disclosed that a Tier 1 operator expects to deploy AirTies' software on an RDK-based CPE in the coming year.
News categories: AirTies, RDK Management, Philippe Alcaras, Steve Heeb, BBWF, CPE, RDK, SCTE•ISBE, Smart Home, Worldwide
Bulb Technologies certified for Huawei's Envision video platform
Oct 10, 2018 – Bulb Technologies has passed Huawei’s application certification process to supply applications over the Huawei Envision video platform. Bulb is one of only a few vendors certified for the platform at this level.
News categories: Bulb Technologies, Huawei, Marijo Mihelcic, BBWF, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Broadcom expands 802.11ac MU-MIMO portfolio
Oct 18, 2016 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) has announced a new 4x4 802.11ac Wave2 solution which enables significantly better range performance in addition to video over Wi-Fi acceleration capability.
News categories: Broadcom, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Service provider Smart Home opportunity to hit $62 billion by 2020
Oct 17, 2016 – According to Strategy Analytics, by 2020, consumers will be spending nearly $130 billion annually on smart home offerings, with 47%, or more than $60 billion, being available to service providers.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Bill Ablondi, BBWF, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
ZTE to launch 4K Android STB at Broadband World Forum 2016
Oct 13, 2016 – At Broadband World Forum 2016, ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) will unveil its 4K-capable Android TV set-top-box (ZXV10 B860H) which aims to deliver an exceptional TV viewing experience to home users around the world.
News categories: ZTE, Fang Hui, Android TV, BBWF, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SoftAtHome integrates Z-Wave networking with Sigma Designs
Oct 22, 2014 – Sigma Designs and SoftAtHome have announced a partnership to accelerate IoT deployment by integrating the Z-Wave radio protocol into home gateway software. The two companies will jointly demonstrate the platform at Broadband World Forum 2014.
News categories: Sigma Designs, SoftAtHome, Raoul Wijgergangs, Michel Degland, BBWF, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Broadpeak Quality of Experience agent integrated with Zenterio OS
Oct 21, 2014 – Broadpeak has announced that its quality of experience (QoE) agent has been integrated with Zenterio OS for interactive TV. Broadpeak will demonstrate the collaboration at Broadband World Forum 2014.
News categories: Broadpeak, Zenterio, Jacques Le Mancq, Robin Rutili, BBWF, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV