BBWF (Broadband World Forum) 2019: October 15-17, 2019: Messe, Berlin
Plume and Samsung launch OpenSync open source initiative
Oct 23, 2018 – Plume and Samsung have announced the formation of an open source software initiative called OpenSync. The initiative creates a silicon, CPE, and cloud-agnostic approach for the curation, delivery and management of emerging residential services leveraging managed Wi-Fi.
News categories: Plume, Samsung, Liberty Global, Fahri Diner, Chanwoo Park, Dan Hennessy, Shawn Omstead, Fraser Stirling, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Middleware, Smart Home, Worldwide
AirTies launches RDK-based Wi-Fi solution
Oct 18, 2018 – AirTies has announced plans to make its managed Wi-Fi solution available for devices running the RDK software platform in Q1 2019. The company also disclosed that a Tier 1 operator expects to deploy AirTies' software on an RDK-based CPE in the coming year.
News categories: AirTies, RDK Management, Philippe Alcaras, Steve Heeb, BBWF, CPE, RDK, SCTE•ISBE, Smart Home, Worldwide
Bulb Technologies certified for Huawei's Envision video platform
Oct 10, 2018 – Bulb Technologies has passed Huawei’s application certification process to supply applications over the Huawei Envision video platform. Bulb is one of only a few vendors certified for the platform at this level.
News categories: Bulb Technologies, Huawei, Marijo Mihelcic, BBWF, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX, Worldwide
Broadcom expands 802.11ac MU-MIMO portfolio
Oct 18, 2016 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) has announced a new 4x4 802.11ac Wave2 solution which enables significantly better range performance in addition to video over Wi-Fi acceleration capability.
News categories: Broadcom, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Service provider Smart Home opportunity to hit $62 billion by 2020
Oct 17, 2016 – According to Strategy Analytics, by 2020, consumers will be spending nearly $130 billion annually on smart home offerings, with 47%, or more than $60 billion, being available to service providers.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Bill Ablondi, BBWF, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
G.fast set for nearly 29 million end users by 2021
Oct 17, 2016 – An Ovum report jointly commissioned by nbn and BT has predicted that new ultra-fast copper technology G.fast will be serving nearly 30 million subscriber homes and businesses around the world by 2021.
News categories: Ovum, nbn, Openreach, Matthew Howett, Dennis Steiger, Clive Selley, BBWF, Broadband, Market Research, Worldwide
ZTE to launch 4K Android STB at Broadband World Forum 2016
Oct 13, 2016 – At Broadband World Forum 2016, ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) will unveil its 4K-capable Android TV set-top-box (ZXV10 B860H) which aims to deliver an exceptional TV viewing experience to home users around the world.
News categories: ZTE, Fang Hui, Android TV, BBWF, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SoftAtHome integrates Z-Wave networking with Sigma Designs
Oct 22, 2014 – Sigma Designs and SoftAtHome have announced a partnership to accelerate IoT deployment by integrating the Z-Wave radio protocol into home gateway software. The two companies will jointly demonstrate the platform at Broadband World Forum 2014.
News categories: Sigma Designs, SoftAtHome, Raoul Wijgergangs, Michel Degland, BBWF, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Broadpeak Quality of Experience agent integrated with Zenterio OS
Oct 21, 2014 – Broadpeak has announced that its quality of experience (QoE) agent has been integrated with Zenterio OS for interactive TV. Broadpeak will demonstrate the collaboration at Broadband World Forum 2014.
News categories: Broadpeak, Zenterio, Jacques Le Mancq, Robin Rutili, BBWF, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, QoE, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks