Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
80% of U.S. cable subscribers also stream digital video
Oct 16, 2018 – Telaria (NYSE:TLRA) and Adobe Advertising Cloud have released their ‘Inside The Minds of Cord-Cutters and Cable-Keepers’ study. The findings illustrate the experiences, behaviors, and television usage among a spectrum of TV consumer segments.
News categories: Telaria, Adobe, Karen Ring, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
ATEME provides virtualized video headend to CJ Hello
Oct 16, 2018 – ATEME has announced that CJ Hello has deployed its TITAN Live solution for an HD project. The deployment enables CJ Hello to virtualize its video headend and distribute HD channels using DTT modulation in 23 Korean regions.
News categories: ATEME, CJ Hello, Eunsook Wi, Kim Hong-Ik, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
Hathway selects Verimatrix to secure DVB hybrid network on Android TV
Oct 11, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced Hathway as its latest Verimatrix VCAS Ultra customer. Hathway selected the cardless solution to secure its new DVB Hybrid Cable Box, which is the first STB of its kind in India to be built on the Android TV O operating system.
News categories: Verimatrix, Hathway, Steve Oetegenn, Vivekanand Tripathi, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
WOW! uses Espial Elevate TVaaS for its ULTRA TV service
Oct 10, 2018 – Espial has announced that WideOpenWest (WOW!) will use Espial’s Elevate video platform to power its WOW! ULTRA STB offering. Elevate gives service providers the ability to deploy IPTV, OTT and cable services quickly, with low deployment risk, and with predictable costs.
News categories: Espial, WideOpenWest, Matt James, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
Grupo TVCable using OpenVault to optimize performance and UX
Oct 9, 2018 – OpenVault has announced a trial with Ecuador’s largest cable operator, Grupo TVCable. Using OpenVault’s cloud-based tools, Grupo TVCable is to use better visibility of its network to optimize capacity and provide the most responsive services to as many users as possible.
News categories: OpenVault, Grupo TVCable, Tony Costa, Jorge Schwartz, George Kassas, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite, UX
Foxtel chooses Harmonic to power first 4K UHD service in Australia
Oct 9, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Foxtel has launched the first 4K UHD offering in Australia using a Harmonic software-based UHD solution. Harmonic's solution maximizes workflow efficiencies and ensures exceptional video quality at low bitrates.
News categories: Harmonic, Foxtel, Tony Berthaud, Darren Windus, Australia, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite
Millicom acquires Cable Onda in Panama
Oct 8, 2018 – Millicom has announced that it is acquiring a controlling 80% stake in Cable Onda, a cable and telecommunications service provider in Panama. The transaction values 100% of Cable Onda at an enterprise value of $1,460 million, with a cash consideration of approximately $1,002 million.
News categories: Millicom, Cable Onda, Mauricio Ramos, Nicolás Gonzalez Revilla, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Panama
UPC Switzerland launches new TV experience
Oct 3, 2018 – UPC is adding the new and unique UPC TV to its HAPPY HOME portfolio. This offers customers an intelligent, simple and user-friendly TV experience with first-class and exclusive content – all for the same price as before.
News categories: UPC, Severina Pascu, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Switzerland, UX
Liberty Latin America completes acquisition of Cabletica
Oct 1, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ: LILA, LILAK, OTC Link: LILAB) has completed its acquisition of an 80% stake in Cabletica, a leading Costa Rican cable operator, from Televisora who retain a remaining 20% interest.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Televisora, Cabletica, Balan Nair, René Picado, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, MnA
- Ultravision deploys Conax Go Live multiscreen solution in Mexico
- Study shows strong interest in ATSC 3.0 Next-Gen Television concept
- comScore audience segments available through Oracle Data Cloud
- 80% of U.S. cable subscribers also stream digital video
- ATEME provides virtualized video headend to CJ Hello
- Google, Sky, RAI, ERT, Kineton, Skyworth join HbbTV Association
- Ooyala bought from Telstra by its management
- Allegro DVT introduces HDR and HFR system compliance streams
- Phoenix Model Market broadcasters plan in-car TV trial with Avis Budget Group
- FuboTV provides business update
- FreeWheel launches advanced advertising suite for the new TV landscape
- 8K TV shipments at more than 400,000 units in 2019
- Socionext develops HDMI 2.1 compatible video processing ICs
- iVideoSmart launches 100 new Vewd-certified apps in 100 days
- Five more TV broadcasters to test ATSC 3.0 in Phoenix Model Market
- 5G will drive new revenues in Media and Entertainment by 2028
- 47% of U.S. broadband households watch UGC more than once a month
- Pluto TV selects Tru Optik for audience-based ad measurement
- iflix app certified for Vewd-enabled Smart TVs and STBs
- Hathway selects Verimatrix to secure DVB hybrid network on Android TV