Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
Evolution Digital rolls out upgraded eVUE-TV experience
Jan 22, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of software upgrades for its eVUE-TV IP video service experience with upgraded features and functionalities for both operators and their customers across the U.S.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Brent Smith, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Comcast selects AWS as its preferred Public Cloud provider
Jan 16, 2018 – Amazon Web Services (AWS)[NASDAQ:AMZN] has announced that Comcast Cable has selected AWS as its preferred public cloud infrastructure provider. Comcast Cable will expand its use of AWS by migrating material workloads and building new applications on AWS.
News categories: Amazon Web Services, Comcast Cable, Mike Clayville, Jan Hofmeyr, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV
60 million pay TV subscribers added globally between Q316 and Q317
Jan 11, 2018 – According to Q317 data published by Dataxis, 60 million pay TV subscribers have been added globally since Q316. Asia‐Pacific had the highest number of Pay TV subscribers accounting for 62% of the total in Q317.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Comcast expands home automation across its entire Xfinity portfolio
Jan 10, 2018 – Comcast has announced plans to significantly expand its home automation capabilities across its entire Xfinity services product portfolio, which includes X1 (TV and voice remote), xFi (WiFi), Xfinity Home (home security), and Xfinity Mobile.
News categories: Comcast, Chris Satchell, Cable TV, CES2018, Digital TV, Smart Home, USA
DELTA selects Amino for multiscreen entertainment service rollout
Jan 10, 2018 – DELTA is deploying Amino’s MOVE TV delivery platform to provide a full end-to-end solution to deliver multiscreen entertainment services. Amino has worked closely with DELTA to transition its existing cable TV subscriber base to an all IP-based service model.
News categories: Amino, DELTA, Donald McGarva, Karl Heinz van der Made, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Netherlands
Com Hem to merge with Tele2
Jan 10, 2018 – Tele2 (Stockholm: TEL2 A and TEL2 B) and Com Hem (Stockholm: COMH) have announced that they have agreed on a combination of Tele2 and Com Hem through a statutory merger, creating an integrated connectivity provider.
News categories: Tele2, Com Hem, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Sweden
Pixelworks processor drives Hauppauge dual-tuner OTA streamer
Jan 8, 2018 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW) has announced the Company’s XCode 5516 processor with advanced transcoding is the fundamental technology behind the OTA streaming in Hauppauge’s recently launched Cordcutter TV.
News categories: Pixelworks, Hauppauge, Anselmo Pilla, Ken Plotkin, ATSC, Cable TV, CES2018, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA, Wireless
Atlantic Broadband completes acquisition of Metrocast cable systems
Jan 4, 2018 – Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) has announced that its subsidiary Atlantic Broadband has completed the acquisition of cable systems owned by Harron Communications and operating under the MetroCast brand name.
News categories: Cogeco, Atlantic Broadband, Louis Audet, Richard Shea, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Liberty Latin America completes split-off from Liberty Global
Jan 2, 2018 – Liberty Latin America (NASDAQ:LILA) (NASDAQ:LILAK) (OTC Link:LILAB) has announced the completion of its previously announced split-off from Liberty Global and its launch as an independent, publicly-traded company.
News categories: Liberty Latin America, Liberty Global, Balan Nair, Mike Fries, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Digital TV, Latin America, MnA, Puerto Rico, Seychelles
- Irdeto acquires gaming security company, Denuvo
- DISH releases DVR tailored to one- and two-TV households
- Evolution Digital rolls out upgraded eVUE-TV experience
- Comviva adds Sacom's MENA content to its Mooditt Digital Store
- Verimatrix integrates OTT multi-DRM with Amazon Web Services
- Inside Secure protects video application developed by PodOp and HBO
- Turner announces international SVOD service with roll-out of FilmStruck
- Amphion releases video decoder core for HEVC and VP9
- NAGRA secures CANAL+ 4K UHD services in France
- Bell Canada selects Ericsson's MediaFirst TV platform
- Cross MediaWorks and 605 standardize campaign measurement and advanced analytics
- CANAL+ launches Ultra HD service on ASTRA at 19.2°E
- Yospace, NexPlayer integration helps monetise live streams on HTML5 platforms
- Airtel Digital TV adds 416,000 subscribers in 4Q 2017
- Roku introduces Ad Insights Suite
- Comcast Technology and DLVR partner to deliver QoE across any screen
- Deloitte India TMT Predictions 2018 report
- Creative asset workflow lags years behind innovations in media buying
- ATSC 3.0 SFN to be deployed in Dallas DMA
- Nielsen adds YouTube mobile app measurement in UK, France and Germany