Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
Com Hem deploys hybrid Android TV STB based on 3READY Operator Tier
Apr 13, 2018 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Com Hem has selected the 3SS 3READY Android TV Client with custom launcher to power its new Android TV UHD-4K Hybrid STB, the Com Hem Tv Hub
News categories: 3 Screen Solutions, Com Hem, Kai-Christian Borchers, Thomas Helbo, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Sweden, UX
Comcast to offer Netflix as part of Xfinity packages
Apr 13, 2018 – Comcast and Netflix have announced an expansion of their partnership that will provide Comcast the ability to include a Netflix subscription in new and existing Xfinity packages.
News categories: Comcast, Netflix, Sam Schwartz, Bill Holmes, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Com Hem and Boxer launch Android TV-based Tv Hub
Apr 12, 2018 – Com Hem has launched its Android TV-based platform Tv Hub, for both Com Hem and Boxer customers. The Tv Hub combines linear TV with play services in HDR and 4K quality. The Tv Hub was designed with partners such as Google, Technicolor and 3SS.
News categories: Com Hem, Jessica Andersson, Maria Ferreras, Marec-Nicholas Gasiun, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
Mediacom extends licensing agreement with TiVo
Apr 10, 2018 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has renewed its product and patent portfolio license agreement with Mediacom. The extension provides Mediacom with access to products including the TiVo Gateway DVR, TiVo Mini, classic guides, analytics and IP.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Mediacom, Michael Hawkey, John Pascarelli, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Licensing, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Global pay TV to gain 95 million subscribers
Apr 10, 2018 – Digital TV Research forecasts 95 million additional pay TV subscribers between 2017 and 2023 to take the global total to 1.10 billion. Based on forecasts for 138 countries, the number of pay TV subscribers passed 1 billion in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Sling TV’s international programming now available on X1
Apr 5, 2018 – Comcast's Xfinity has added another choice to the platform with the launch of the Sling International app on X1. Sling International offers multicultural content from different countries in 21 languages starting at $10 per month.
News categories: Comcast, Sling, Apps, Cable TV, OTT, USA
Altice USA launches advanced advertising and data business
Apr 5, 2018 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has announced the launch of a4, the company’s advanced advertising and data business, which delivers audience-based, multiscreen advertising solutions to local, regional and national advertisers and MVPD partners.
News categories: Altice USA, Charles Stewart, Paul Haddad, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, Multiscreen, USA
Asia Pacific to add 78 million pay TV subscribers
Apr 5, 2018 – The Asia Pacific pay TV sector is bucking the downward trends in much of the rest of the world. Subscribers will grow by 78 million and revenues by $2.73 billion between 2017 and 2023, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Charter, Comcast and Cox form group to sell advanced advertising
Apr 4, 2018 – Charter Communications (NASDAQ: CHTR), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) and Cox Communications, owners of NCC Media, have announced that they are creating a new division within NCC to design, deploy and sell unified advertising solutions across NCC's participants' national footprint.
News categories: NCC Media, Comcast, Cox Communications, Charter Communications, Greg Schaefer, Andrew Ward, David Watson, Marcien Jenckes, Pat Esser, Billy Farina, Thomas M. Rutledge, David Kline, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
- TELUS launches 4K HDR TV -- a first in Canada
- NBCUniversal to license its Audience Graph to OpenAP
- Arianespace wins contract for BSAT-4b
- AT&T withdraws Latin America IPO
- Mobile screens essential for Live TV services, finds Strategy Analytics
- Amazon to sell Fire TV Edition Smart TVs through Best Buy
- Broadpeak optimizes video delivery for HBO Latin America
- Broadband Forum brings IoT home with new USP standard
- ADB provides gateway to Netia in Poland
- ESPN+ streaming now available on Roku devices
- Global pay TV revenues to fall by 11%
- Latin America had 18.2 million SVOD subscribers at end-2017
- Amazon Prime Video accessible on Partner TV STBs in Israel
- Com Hem deploys hybrid Android TV STB based on 3READY Operator Tier
- Comcast to offer Netflix as part of Xfinity packages
- 37 million pay TV subscribers for Sub-Saharan Africa in 2023
- Consumer entertainment spending to reach $439 billion by 2021
- Com Hem and Boxer launch Android TV-based Tv Hub
- Verimatrix and TMG bolster anti-piracy through real-time precision targeting
- NewonTV selects Cybermedia Television to power its Dutch OTT TV service