Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
Jul 31, 2020 – Charter Communications has reported results to ended June 30, 2020. Residential video customers increased by 102,000 in the quarter. At the end of the period, Charter had 15.7 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
Jul 30, 2020 – Discovery has announced that it will join the On Addressability initiative. The initiative enables Discovery to offer advertisers dynamic ad insertion to audiences across the Charter, Comcast and Cox cable TV footprints.
News categories: Discovery, Spectrum Reach, Comcast Advertising, Cox Media, Keith Kazerman, David Kline, Gina Mingioni, Louis Gump, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Pay TV revenue in Japan to grow at 1.9% CAGR over next five years
Jul 24, 2020 – Japan’s total pay-TV services revenue is set to register a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 1.9% during 2019-2024, increasing from $8.9bn in 2019 to $9.8bn in 2024, according to revised pay-TV forecasts from GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Japan, Market Research, Satellite
Subscription TV soars during Australian lockdown
Jul 21, 2020 – New data from Roy Morgan reveals that Australians added new subscription TV services at an astonishing rate during the lockdown period, with subscriptions up 878,000, or +5.9%, in only three months.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Altice USA completes acquisition of Service Electric
Jul 14, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has announced that it has closed the acquisition of Service Electric. With the acquisition, Altice USA extends its footprint into neighboring communities in New Jersey.
News categories: Altice USA, Service Electric, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
Jul 10, 2020 – Pay-TV service revenue in Australia is set to decline at a CAGR of 3.2% from $2.6bn in 2019 to $2.2bn in 2024 due to declining cable and DTH TV subscriptions and falling pay-TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Australia, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
Jun 30, 2020 – UPC is the first telecommunications provider in Switzerland to integrate the STARZPLAY streaming service. The service is available on the new UPC TV Box, and can also be viewed on the go via the UPC TV App.
News categories: UPC, Starz, Stefan Fuchs, Superna Kalle, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Switzerland
TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
Jun 30, 2020 – According to TRAI, Pay DTH had an average active subscriber base of 69.98 million at 31st December 2019. At the same time there were 13 MSOs and 1 HITS operator with a subscriber base of more than one million.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
Satellite TV gains popularity in Ghana and Nigeria
Jun 25, 2020 – An SES survey has revealed a steady increase in the penetration of satellite TV across Africa. The study shows an increase in SES reach from 33 million African households in 2018 to 35 million households in 2019.
News categories: SES S.A, Clint Brown, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ghana, IPTV, Market Research, Nigeria, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0
- Eutelsat 8 West B selected by Strong Roots for Ethiopian FTA DTH
- Yes partners with Synamedia to achieve broadcast-equivalent latency
- Seven broadcasters launch NEXTGEN TV in Portland, OR
- Global TV panel shipments decline 8.4% YoY in 1H20
- Linear TV remains dominant form of television viewership in 2019
- ACCESS adds NetRange App Store to its in-vehicle infotainment offer
- iSpot provides attribution and OTT measurement for OpenAP ads
- Humax announces Android TV STB supporting AV1 and HDR10
- Kaltura to power CETIN's wholesale Cloud TV service for the CEE region