Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
Feb 21, 2020 – RCN, Grande, Wave has announced the acquisition of EnTouch Systems, adding its residential and business services in Houston, TX to the organization's portfolio. The acquisition will add approximately 22,000 customers to its operations in Texas.
News categories: EnTouch, RCN, TPG Capital, Sam Luxton, Jim Holanda, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
Feb 19, 2020 – Imagine Communications has made an agreement with the NCTC to power AdKey, a cloud-based, platform-agnostic service that supports ad insertion on IP-based video streams. Initial deployments are expected by Q3 with trials beginning in the coming months.
News categories: Imagine Communications, NCTC, Chris Gordon, Rich Fickle, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
Feb 17, 2020 – The NCTC has announced an initiative that allows NCTC member companies to purchase Amazon Fire TV streaming devices at a discount, enabling members to provide subscribers with streaming media devices including Fire TV Stick, Fire TV Stick 4K, and Fire TV Cube.
News categories: NCTC, Amazon, Rich Fickle, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 44k in 4Q 2019
Feb 12, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the quarter to December 31, 2019. The company had Residential Video RGU net losses of -44k in Q4 2019. Altice USA also announced that it is to acquire Service Electric Cable T.V. of New Jersey.
News categories: Altice USA, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Results, Subscribers, USA
Broadpeak powers Delta Fiber Nederland video service
Feb 4, 2020 – Broadpeak has announced that Dutch cable operator Delta Fiber Nederland, has launched a video service powered by Broadpeak's multicast ABR solution. The service uses Broadpeak technology integrated with Amino software and devices.
News categories: Broadpeak, Delta Fiber Nederland, Amino, Jacques Le Mancq, Bart Smeels, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Netherlands, Set Top Box
Charter residential video customers down 105,000 in 4Q 2019
Jan 31, 2020 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three and twelve months ended December 31, 2019. Residential video customers decreased by 105,000 in the quarter. At the end of the period, Charter had 15.6 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
605 earns SOC 3 security certification
Jan 23, 2020 – 605 has announced that Audience App, built for Charter Communications, has achieved service organization control 3 (SOC 3) compliance. The audit, performed by KPMG, determined that 605 met 'trust services principles' with respect to Charter’s proprietary information.
News categories: 605, Charter Communications, KPMG, AICPA, Colleen Moraghan, David Kline, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
Jan 23, 2020 – Ampersand has launched The AND Platform, a planning, buying and measurement platform for audience-based TV advertising. Covering linear, streaming and digital video, the platform offers reach across 85 million households, 120 cable networks and more than 55% of addressable households.
News categories: Ampersand, Nicolle Pangis, Evy Galiatsatos, Advertising, Big Data, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
Jan 23, 2020 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter and year ended December 31, 2019. Over the quarter, at Cable Communications total video customer net losses were 149,000, while at Sky total customer relationships increased by 77,000 to 24.0 million.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users