Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
Liberty Global Vodafone deal completed
Jul 31, 2019 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced that it has completed the sale of its operations in Germany, Hungary, Romania and the Czech Republic to Vodafone for approximately €19.0 billion on a U.S. GAAP basis.
News categories: Liberty Global, Vodafone, Cable TV, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, MnA, Romania
Altice USA residential video RGUs down 21k in Q2 2019
Jul 31, 2019 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has reported results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2019. Altice had 3,276.5 thousand Residential Video RGUs at the end of the quarter. Quarterly net losses of -21k in the period were better than the prior year (-24k in Q2 2018).
News categories: Altice USA, Advertising, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Atlantic Broadband granted franchise for King William County, Virginia
Jul 30, 2019 – Atlantic Broadband has been awarded a 15-year franchise to provide video services in King William County. Atlantic Broadband will rebuild and extend the cable infrastructure in King William County, which will also allow it to provide high speed internet and phone.
News categories: Atlantic Broadband, Virginia Cable Telecommunications Association, Scott Randall, Ray LaMura, Cable TV, Digital TV, USA
Midco chooses TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
Jul 29, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that Midco has selected TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform. Midco will utilize the platform to transition to IPTV by deploying TiVo’s IPTV suite of solutions, including IPVOD, IP Linear, Restart, Catch-Up and Network DVR, across a host of clients.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Midco, Jeffrey Glahn, Jon Pederson, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, USA
Charter residential video customers down 150,000 in 2Q 2019
Jul 26, 2019 – Charter Communications has reported results for the three and six months ended June 30, 2019. Residential video customers decreased by 150,000 in the second quarter of 2019. As of June 30, 2019, Charter had 15.8 million residential video customers.
News categories: Charter Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Comcast cable video subscribers down 224,000 in 2Q 2019
Jul 25, 2019 – Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA) has reported results for the quarter ended June 30, 2019, including Cable Communications, NBCUniversal and Sky. At Cable Communications, total video customer net losses were 224,000 in the quarter.
News categories: Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Results, Subscribers, USA
Foxtel launches The New Foxtel Experience
Jul 24, 2019 – Foxtel has unveiled The New Foxtel Experience which will provide customers with its iQ3 and iQ4 set top boxes a completely redesigned user experience. As part of the New Experience, Netflix will be available for the first time on Foxtel starting with the iQ4.
News categories: Foxtel, Netflix, Patrick Delany, Apps, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
Jul 22, 2019 – Megacable Holdings (BMV:MEGA.CPO) has announced results for the second quarter of 2019. At the end of 2Q19, the Video segment reached 3,271,561 subscribers. When compared to 1Q19, subscribers for this segment grew by 21 thousand net adds.
News categories: Megacable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Mexico, Results, Subscribers
Major MSOs in India represent 52.33 million subscribers
Jul 22, 2019 – According to the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) the ecosystem of Distribution Platform Owners in the country is quite exhaustive. Different players are operating across the country making a choice of TV service provider available to consumers.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Subscribers
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS