Cable TV (CATV, DVB-C, MMDS, …) News
One million customers for RCN, Grande and Wave
Sep 9, 2020 – RCN, Grande and Wave, providers of high-speed internet, digital TV and phone services across seven of the top 10 DMAs the U.S., have announced that together they are now serving one million customers.
News categories: RCN, Grande Communications, Wave Broadband, Jim Holanda, Cable TV, Digital TV, Subscribers, USA
Cogeco rejects takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers
Sep 3, 2020 – Cogeco (TSX: CGO) and Cogeco Communications (TSX: CCA) have announced that the independent members of their boards have rejected the unsolicited, non-binding takeover proposal from Altice USA and Rogers Communications.
News categories: Cogeco, Altice USA, Rogers, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Altice USA makes offer for Cogeco to get hold of Atlantic Broadband
Sep 2, 2020 – Altice USA (NYSE: ATUS) has presented an offer to acquire Cogeco. Altice USA plans to sell Cogeco's Canadian assets to Rogers Communications (TSX:RCI.A and RCI.B, NYSE: RCI) so as to be left with ownership of Atlantic Broadband.
News categories: Altice USA, Cogeco, Rogers Communications, Atlantic Broadband, Dexter Goei, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, MnA, USA
Eastlink transforms TV viewing experience with TiVo
Sep 2, 2020 – Eastlink has announced that its customers now have access to a TV viewing experience powered by TiVo. TiVo removes the frustration of constantly searching for what to watch.
News categories: Eastlink, TiVo, Cable TV, Canada, Digital TV, Set Top Box, UX
Edgeware StreamBuilder selected for A1 Xplore TV
Sep 1, 2020 – Edgeware has announced that A1 Telekom Austria Group has deployed Edgeware's online TV solutions to help maximize audience reach for its new content and streaming platform, A1 Xplore TV.
News categories: Edgeware, A1 Telekom Austria Group, Karl Thedéen, Alexander Stock, Austria, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile
Liberty Global publishes offer prospectus for Sunrise Communications
Aug 27, 2020 – UPC Schweiz, a subsidiary of Liberty Global (Nasdaq: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK), has published the Offer Prospectus for its tender for all publicly held shares of Sunrise Communications Group (SIX Swiss Exchange: SRCG).
News categories: Liberty Global, Sunrise Communications, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Switzerland
Liberty Global unveils small, environmentally-friendly set-top box
Aug 24, 2020 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) is introducing a green set top box with reduced energy consumption and use of plastics. The 4K Mini TV Box is designed in-house and manufactured by Commscope.
News categories: Liberty Global, Enrique Rodriguez, Robert Redeleanu, Cable TV, Digital TV, Poland, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Fastway Transmissions selects Synamedia Converged Headend
Aug 19, 2020 – Synamedia has announced that Fastway Transmissions is the first provider in India to go live with its Converged Headend. The deployment allows Fastway to bring together its video and IP workflows via the Synamedia Video Network Service Manager.
News categories: Synamedia, Fastway, Sue Couto, Prem Ojha, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India
Global IPTV subscriber numbers continue to grow
Aug 17, 2020 – Digital TV Research estimates that pay TV subscriptions increased by 16 million to 1,028 million in 2019, driven by growth in emerging markets. IPTV is the pay TV winner, adding 49 million subscribers in 2019.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Worldwide
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
- Nielsen to measure CTV campaigns on YouTube & YouTube TV
- Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
- 58 million U.S. broadband households to be MVPD-free by 2025