Germany: Consumer Electronics market displays sound growth in the first half of 2011
Aug 22, 2011 – Results from the latest Consumer Electronics Market Index (CEMIX) show that the industry continues to grow. In the first half of the year, the market demonstrated a value increase of 4.3% compared to HY1 2010.
News categories: GfK, Camcorder, DVD, Games Console, Germany, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Consumer Electronic WLAN-Enabled Unit Shipments to Surpass 419 Million by 2015
Jun 28, 2011 – Though the WLAN attach rate of stationary CE devices remains relatively low in comparison to their portable counterparts, the size of the combined WLAN-enabled CE markets will surpass 419 million units shipped by 2015, according to In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVR, Games Console, Gateway, In-Car, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Wi-Fi Direct-Enabled Digital Televisions Will Approach 80 Million by 2015
Jun 2, 2011 – The first applications to adopt Wi-Fi Direct include mobile PCs, mobile phones, and digital televisions (DTVs). The main display in most homes will be a key target and In-Stat forecasts that by 2015 nearly 80 million DTVs will be Wi-Fi Direct-enabled.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
More Than A Third of U.S. Homes Will Buy 3DTV in Next Three Years
Mar 21, 2011 – Ownership of 3DTVs will accelerate rapidly over the next three years, according to the latest research from Strategy Analytics. The report predicts that 34 percent of US homes will own a 3D-ready TV by 2014.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, Europe, Games Console, Market Research, Portable, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, USA, Video Exchange, VR
Consumer Connected Device Shipments Set to Reach 712 Million Units, According to Infinite Research
Mar 8, 2011 – Infinite Research has announced the publication of its Global Consumer Connected Device Market Forecast. Consumer connected devices are set to see rapid adoption over the next 5 years, with total shipments growing exponentially.
News categories: Infinite Research, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Consumer Electronics Market Boosted by Connected Home Products in 2011
Jan 25, 2011 – Global unit shipments of CE products will climb 2.6 percent in 2010, partly driven by rising sales of products that play a role in the connected home and that focus on usability - rather than technological wizardry, according to IHS iSuppli.
News categories: iSuppli, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Games Console, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Digital Video Applications Propel Hard Disk Drive Market
Jan 13, 2011 – The demand for gigabytes and terabytes of storage from PC users, game enthusiasts, and TV entertainment folks is keeping the industry growing to the degree that In-Stat forecasts HDD unit shipments will increase to over 1 billion units by 2014.
News categories: In-Stat, Camcorder, DVR, Home Server, Market Research
Looxcie Announces Wearable Video Recording Now Available In Full VGA
Jan 5, 2011 – Looxcie has announced the availability of LooxcieCam™, a mobile application that lets Looxcie wearable camcorder users record high-quality 30 frames per second (fps) video in full 480p.
News categories: Looxcie, Camcorder, Social TV
Ambarella iOne Camera Applications Processor Enables a New Class of Android™-Based Smart Cameras
Dec 22, 2010 – Ambarella has announced the availability of the iOne System-on-Chip (SoC), bringing advanced HD camera and multimedia capabilities to the Android platform.
News categories: Ambarella, Camcorder, ICs, Mobile, OTT, Portable, Semiconductor, VR
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020
- SpotX expands Measurement and Attribution Suite
- Nordic video markets riding high
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free