Ambarella Introduces Complete 3D HD Camera Solution At Consumer Price Points
Nov 22, 2010 – Ambarella has announced the availability of a complete 3D camera solution that includes the new S3D™, a 3D video pre-processor. The S3D works with Ambarella's camera SoCs to enable full HD 1080p 3D video recording and high-resolution 3D photography.
News categories: Ambarella, Camcorder, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, VR
Wireless HD Video-Enabled HDTV's: Playing in a Neighborhood Near You
Sep 20, 2010 – There are significant price and performance issues that need to be overcome before device manufacturers fully adopt wireless HD technology. However, manufacturers are already offering models boasting Wireless HD, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
Panasonic Unveils the World's First 3D Consumer Camcorder
Jul 27, 2010 – Panasonic has announced the launch of the Panasonic HDC-SDT750, the world's first consumer 3D camcorder, which includes a 3D conversion lens that enables the camcorder to shoot powerful and true-to-life 3D video content.
News categories: Panasonic, Camcorder, Digital TV, USA, VR
Germany: 2009 CE Market and 2010 Forecast
Jul 14, 2010 – According to GfK Retail and Technology, the German Consumer Electronics market saw minimal decline (-0.2%) in 2009; the main reason being the introduction and expansion of HDTV, leading to increased sales of LCD TV's and Digital Set-Top-Boxes.
News categories: GfK, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Germany, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Digital TVs, Blu-Ray Players and Portable Media Players Drive Adoption of Wi-Fi in Consumer Electronics
May 3, 2010 – Across all stationary consumer electronics, which includes set top boxes, game consoles, Blu-ray players, digital picture frames, among other devices, Wi-Fi-enabled devices will exceed 200 million units by 2014, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVR, Gateway, Home Server, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Panasonic Unveils World's First Integrated Full HD 3D Camcorder at CES 2010
Jan 6, 2010 – Panasonic (NYSE: PC) will release the world's first professional, fully-integrated Full HD 3D camcorder in Fall 2010. Engineering samples of the professional camcorder will be exhibited at the Panasonic booth at the 2010 International CES.
News categories: Panasonic, Camcorder, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, VR
HDMI Adoption Climbs, while DVI Slides into Retreat
Dec 1, 2009 – High-Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) adoption continues to gain ground across several segments. Meanwhile, the now legacy Digital Visual Interface (DVI) is gradually declining, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Blu-ray, Camcorder, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Tablet
Broadcom Leading Supplier of Embedded Processors in the Digital Home in 2008
Nov 5, 2009 – Analysis of findings from Semicast's report 'Opportunities for Embedded Processors in the Digital Home' shows that Broadcom was the leading supplier in 2008, ahead of Sony and Toshiba.
News categories: Semicast, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, Gaming, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
ViXS® Xtensiv™ Delivers Powerful Application Software for Multimedia
Sep 1, 2009 – ViXS Systems has announced the availability of its new Xtensiv™ software for Set Top Box (STB), PC and Consumer Electronics (CE) manufacturers designed to accelerate software development and help deliver extraordinary multimedia solutions.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DRM, DVD, DVR, Home Server, Media Player, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Smart TV
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution