CEATEC Japan 2018: October 16-19, 2018: Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan
Socionext develops HDMI 2.1 compatible video processing ICs
Oct 15, 2018 – Socionext has developed a family of the world's first HDMI 2.1 compatible video processing ICs, designed for transmission and reception of 8K video. Socionext will provide live demonstrations of the HV5 series at CEATEC Japan 2018.
News categories: Socionext, CEATEC, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
NHK develops Super Hi-Vision prototype cable TV receiver
Oct 3, 2016 – NHK, jointly with KDDI, J:COM and Japan Digital Serve, has developed the first prototype compact receiver system for 4K and 8K broadcasts on cable TV - the first with channel bonding technology from NHK.
News categories: NHK, KDDI, J:COM, Japan Digital Serve, Socionext, Cable TV, CEATEC, Digital TV, Japan, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Socionext develops ISDB-S3 demodulator with channel bonding option for cable retrans
Sep 29, 2016 – Socionext has developed the world's first demodulator IC that is compatible both with the Advanced Wide-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting (ISDB-S3) and ITU-T Recommendation J.183 based channel bonding technology.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, CEATEC, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SiS Chooses ACCESS NetFront™ Living Connect Media Sharing
Oct 2, 2012 – ACCESS CO. has announced that Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) has chosen its NetFront™ Living Connect media sharing solution to power its SiS691 Smart TV platform. The SiS691 will be demonstrated on the DLNA booth at the CEATEC exhibition in Japan.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Silicon Integrated Systems, CEATEC, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart Home
Silicon Image Announces Video Processors for Home Theater Applications
Oct 1, 2012 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced two upscaling video processors, designed to also enhance the picture quality of streaming or downloaded Internet video.
News categories: Silicon Image, Blu-ray, CEATEC, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
Silicon Image Expands MHL® Product Line with Four New Products
Sep 25, 2012 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced the expansion of its MHL® (Mobile High-Definition Link) portfolio with four new products, all of which incorporate features defined in the latest MHL specification version 2.0.
News categories: Silicon Image, CEATEC, ICs, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Smartphone-only TV service to launch in Japan
Oct 4, 2011 – MMBI has announced, at the CEATEC electronics show in Tokyo, its new mobile TV channel to be called 'NOTTV'. The service will only be available on smartphones, and will launch officially in April 2012.
News categories: MMBI, CEATEC, Digital TV, Japan, Multiscreen, Smartphone
Silicon Image Introduces InstaPrevue™ Technology
Sep 7, 2011 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ:SIMG) has announced its latest innovation, InstaPrevue™ technology. InstaPrevue provides a live picture-in-picture preview of every HDMI input connected to a digital television or A/V receiver.
News categories: Silicon Image, CEATEC, CEDIA, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
Zoran Demonstrates New 3D, IPTV and Blu-Ray Technologies at CEATEC 2010
Oct 5, 2010 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating its latest 3D, Internet Connected DTV and Blu-ray platforms for global consumer electronics manufacturers at CEATEC 2010, Makuhari Messe, Hall 2, Booth 2A21 in Tokyo from October 5 to 9.
News categories: Zoran, Blu-ray, CEATEC, Semiconductor, Smart TV, VR
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV