CES2019 (International CES): January 8-11, 2019: Las Vegas, Nevada
Broadcom adopts VeriSilicon’s AI processor IP for next-gen STB SoCs
Jan 8, 2019 – VeriSilicon has announced that Broadcom has selected its Vivante VIP8000/VIPNano family of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Processor IP for use in their next generation Set-top Box system-on-chip (SoC).
News categories: VeriSilicon, Broadcom, Weijin Dai, Rich Nelson, CES2019, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart Home, Worldwide
Toluna surveys technology interests of U.S. consumers
Jan 8, 2019 – Toluna has released research on consumer electronics and technology trends ahead of CES. The company has studied US consumer adoption, purchase intent, and tech-influenced trends heading into the New Year.
News categories: Toluna, Jay Rampuria, Phil Ahad, CES2019, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, USA, VR
TiVo releases churn analysis from its content discovery platform
Jan 8, 2019 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has released the findings from a recent churn reduction analysis pulled from its Personalized Content Discovery Platform (PCD). Among some of the key findings uncovered were that churn is directly related to long-term audience retention.
News categories: TiVo Corp, Walt Horstman, Chris Ambrozic, Big Data, CES2019, Digital TV, USA, UX
ONE Media and Saankhya show latest ATSC 3.0 demod ICs at CES2019
Jan 8, 2019 – ONE Media 3.0 (NASDAQ: SBGI) and Saankhya Labs in collaboration with VeriSilicon and Samsung Foundry have announced the successful launch of a multi-standard demodulator SoC supporting the ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: ONE Media 3.0, Saankhya Labs, Samsung, VeriSilicon, Mark Aitken, Parag Naik, Hong Hao, Dr. Wayne Dai, ATSC, CES2019, Digital TV, ICs, Korea, Multiscreen, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Technicolor integrates Viaccess-Orca DRM and player on Android TV STBs
Jan 8, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca has announced that it has teamed up with Technicolor to simplify the delivery of Android TV experiences. VO's DRM and secure VO Player have been integrated on STBs from Technicolor in full compliance with the TV Input Framework.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Technicolor, Chem Assayag, Gaëtan Delcroix, Android TV, CES2019, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto security enables onboard entertainment for transport operators
Jan 8, 2019 – Irdeto has launched Irdeto Control on the Go which enables transport operators to offer a secure onboard video entertainment service even without internet connectivity.
News categories: Irdeto, Andrew Bunten, CES2019, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
ACCESS CO and Irdeto partner to safeguard in-car data and services
Jan 8, 2019 – ACCESS CO. and Irdeto are partnering to safeguard in-car data and services. Vehicle connectivity can result in increased security threats. Infotainment systems could allow access to other connected components, rendering the vehicle's control systems open to attack.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Irdeto, Dr. Neale Foster, Niels Haverkorn, CES2019, Content Protection, In-Car, Worldwide
SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast agree ATSC 3.0 joint venture
Jan 8, 2019 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that the companies have signed a joint venture agreement to lead the next-generation broadcasting solutions market in the U.S. and globally.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, Chris Ripley, ATSC, CES2019, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, USA
HTC VIVE evolves VR portfolio
Jan 7, 2019 – HTC VIVE has announced hardware, software, and content offerings that redefine how VR is experienced. VIVE Pro Eye sets a new standard for high-end VR headsets, VIVEPORT Infinity allows unlimited access to content, and VIVE COSMOS with Vive Reality System reimagines what's possible in VR.
News categories: HTC VIVE, Rikard Steiber, Daniel O'Brien, Drew Bamford, Jamie Leece, CES2019, VR, Worldwide
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV