ConnecTechAsia (BroadcastAsia / CommunicAsia / NXTAsia) 2019: June 18-20, 2019: Singapore
ALi and iWedia announce joint hybrid DVB+OTT STB offering
Jun 26, 2018 – ALi Corporation and iWedia have announced that they have joined forces to provide a common offering for hybrid DVB+OTT STBs. The solution integrates iWedia's Teatro-3.0 software for Linux hybrid STBs with ALi's M3527 and M3727 chipsets.
News categories: iWedia, ALi Corp, Sunghoon Kim, Willis Chang, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Amlogic debuts 4K TV set-top box chipset at BroadcastAsia
Jun 25, 2018 – Amlogic has announced the launch of the Amlogic S905X chipset with support for Netflix, and a 1GB DDR memory configuration designed for use on 4K UHD Android TV set-top boxes.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA protects KT SkyLife's satellite/mobile TV service for vehicles
Jun 25, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is securing SkyLife LTE TV (SLT). SLT allows passengers in cars and buses to enjoy HD satellite programming 'on-the-go' without interruption caused by traveling in heavy rain or through South Korea’s tunnels.
News categories: NAGRA, KT SkyLife, Stéphane Le Dréau, Han Lee, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, In-Car, Korea, Satellite
PCCW Media delivers live UHD HDR football coverage with Harmonic
Jun 25, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that PCCW Media's Now TV pay TV service in Hong Kong is delivering 4K live coverage of world-class sports events using an UHD HDR solution from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, PCCW, Tony Berthaud, Kevin Chu, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Hong Kong, IPTV
MEASAT, NovelSat and V-Nova show next generation UHD compression
Jun 25, 2018 – MEASAT has announced a showcase in collaboration with NovelSat and V-Nova to demonstrate cutting-edge compression for Ultra High Definition (UHD) primary distribution over satellite.
News categories: MEASAT, NovelSat, V-Nova, Raj Malik, Ronen Sadan, Guido Meardi, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
MYBOX taps Verimatrix for DVB cardless security
Jun 25, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that MYBOX has integrated its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for DVB into its newest line of digital set-top boxes (STBs). The solution packages locally-manufactured STB hardware with advanced conditional access.
News categories: Verimatrix, MYBOX, Steve Oetegenn, Amit Kharabhanda, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Verimatrix provides security for Tohokushinsha Film's OTT services
Jun 25, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced implementation of its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) at Tohokushinsha Film Corporation (TFC) to secure its OTT services. The cloud-based deployment includes MultiRights OTT for DRM as part of VCAS Ultra.
News categories: Verimatrix, Tohokushinsha Film, Steve Oetegenn, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Japan, OTT
NexPlayer integrates video player SDKs with Edgeware CDN products
Jun 22, 2018 – NexPlayer and Edgeware have announced a new integration, creating a joint low latency platform that connects the NexPlayer video player SDKs for Android and iOS with Edgeware’s TV Content Delivery Network (CDN) architecture.
News categories: Edgeware, NexPlayer, Johan Bolin, Carlos Lucas, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, Mobile
NAGRA powers new OTT service for Taiwan Broadband Communications
Jun 6, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing an OTT platform for Taiwan Broadband Communications (TBC). Powered by NAGRA’s OpenTV Suite, TBC’s OTT service will give consumers 'on-the-go' access to live TV plus advanced features such as VOD.
News categories: NAGRA, Taiwan Broadband Communications, Stéphane Le Dréau, Jimmy Chen, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Taiwan, UX
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'