Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
India consults on set-top box interoperability
Aug 11, 2017 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released a consultation note on a technical solution architecture for an interoperable Set Top Box (STB) for digital TV broadcasting services.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Shri Sunil Kumar Singhal, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Middleware, Regulation, Set Top Box
Expansion of OTT and TVE services driving content protection market growth
Aug 4, 2017 – Frost & Sullivan's recent analysis finds that content protection market revenues will grow from nearly $1.7 billion in 2016 to just shy of $2 billion by 2021, at a compound annual rate (CAGR) of 3.4 percent.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Mukul Krishna, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere, Worldwide
Fandor selects BuyDRM to protect its streaming service
Aug 2, 2017 – Fandor has selected BuyDRM to provide DaaS (DRM as a Service) for Fandor’s streaming service, securing their VOD content using BuyDRM’s KeyOS MultiKey Service. Fandor operates as a subscription service that features over 5,000 independent films from around the world.
News categories: BuyDRM, Fandor, Christopher Levy, Michael Tuszynski, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, USA
NOWO delivers OTT video with castLabs multi-DRM and video player
Jul 25, 2017 – castLabs has announced a collaboration with Portuguese cable operator NOWO to facilitate multiscreen delivery of both live and VOD DRM-protected content for the NOWO TV App.
News categories: castLabs, NOWO, Michael Stattmann, Ana Maria Teixeira, Cable TV, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShow, Media Player, Multiscreen, Portugal, Set Top Box
Pirate pay TV in 7% of TV households in Latin America
Jul 19, 2017 – According to Dataxis, Pay-TV piracy reached 7% of TV households in Latin America in 2016, with 11.8 million consumers. Total illegal access to Pay-TV could be positioned as the third largest player on the market, behind América Móvil and DIRECTV.
News categories: Dataxis, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Subscribers
Sky expands its use of Cisco's video security portfolio
Jul 17, 2017 – Sky and Cisco have announced that the companies have extended their collaboration to include a multi-year digital security agreement to support the expansion of Sky video services across any screen.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Sky, Conrad Clemson, Alun Webber, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Multiscreen, Satellite, UK
ZTE integrates Conax security and signs IPTV reseller agreement
Jul 6, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced a reseller agreement with ZTE. The key aspect of the partnership is the bundling of Conax’ Connected Access IPTV security client with ZTE’s solution targeting the global IPTV market.
News categories: Conax, ZTE, Hans Kwaaitaal, Fang Hui, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Worldwide
Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment formed to reduce online piracy
Jun 13, 2017 – Thirty content creators and on-demand entertainment companies from around the world have launched the Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment (ACE), a global coalition dedicated to protecting the legal market for creative content and reducing online piracy.
News categories: Alliance for Creativity and Entertainment, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Technavio announces top five Conditional Access vendors
Jun 8, 2017 – Technavio has announced the top five leading vendors in a recent global conditional access system market report. The market is driven by growing demand for technologically advanced STBs and advanced services.
News categories: Technavio, Ujjwal Doshi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Latin America OTT TV and video thrives despite free services
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost 656,000 subscribers in 2Q 2017
- Dish TV India adds 186,000 subscribers in 2Q 2017
- RTÉ plans next generation RTÉ Player with Fincons Group
- AWS Elemental video processing selected by NOWO for OTT
- Espial signs DevOps agreement with NOS
- Turner to launch U.S. sports streaming platform with UEFA matches
- EE TV first UK STB with Amazon Alexa integration
- U.S. mMVPD subscribers largely pleased with service value
- ABC Network subscribes to Nielsen National Out-of-Home Measurement
- U.S. pay TV subscriber losses almost one million in 2Q 2017
- PeerLogix partners with ad services provider and releases OTT viewing data
- Pay TV market to reach $254.77bn by 2025
- Xstream launches OTT monetisation tool
- RealNetworks and CIBN Oriental deploy RealMedia HD video codec
- 18:9 aspect ratio device shipments to reach 611 million units by 2021
- Nielsen to include credit for viewing on Facebook, Hulu and YouTube
- Accedo and Channel 4 extend All 4 to Now TV
- Zenterio powers MAXtv IPTV STB at Hrvatski Telekom in Croatia
- IHS Markit Analysis: The Wired Interface Technology Market