Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
Alibaba Cloud selects Irdeto to simplify OTT content protection
Sep 20, 2018 – Alibaba Cloud has selected Irdeto Rights to simplify OTT content protection for its customers. Irdeto’s multi-DRM solution, including ChinaDRM, PlayReady, Widevine and FairPlay support, will enable content owners and operators to quickly deploy OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Alibaba Cloud, Bengt Jonsson, Li Bin, China, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
Irdeto, SMIT, MStar and TP Vision develop reference CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM
Sep 17, 2018 – A partnership of players in the CAM ecosystem, led by Irdeto, has announced a productized CI Plus 2.0 USB CAM which is ready for certification. The partnership includes MStar Semiconductor, SMIT Holdings and TP Vision.
News categories: Irdeto, MStar Semi, SMIT Holdings, TP Vision, Steeve Huin, Wayne Tsai, Bingyu Xiang, Elie Bonte, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Naspers to separately list and unbundle its Video Entertainment business
Sep 17, 2018 – Naspers has announced its intention to list its Video Entertainment business separately on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. The new company will be named MultiChoice Group and will include MultiChoice South Africa, MultiChoice Africa, Showmax Africa, and Irdeto.
News categories: Naspers, Multichoice, Bob van Dijk, Imtiaz Patel, Africa, Content Protection, Digital TV, MnA, South Africa, Worldwide
Friend MTS integrates with Intertrust ExpressPlay DRM for Live Sports
Sep 17, 2018 – Friend MTS has announced that Intertrust has integrated ASiD OTT subscriber-level watermarking with its ExpressPlay DRM client SDK and multi-DRM service to provide a secure and fast-to-market OTT video player solution.
News categories: Friend MTS, Intertrust, Simon Hanna, Tom Carroux, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Watermarking, Worldwide
Lebanon's CableVision to launch IPTV with Meatel, Alpha Networks, Amino, Broadpeak and Viaccess
Sep 16, 2018 – Lebanon's CableVision is soon to launch an IP-based entertainment service that has been integrated by Meatel and enabled by a service delivery platform from Alpha Networks, Amino client devices, Broadpeak’s CDN and Viaccess’ security suite and media player.
News categories: Broadpeak, Viaccess, Alpha Networks, Amino, Cablevision, Fabrice Bellanger, Arnaud Alvarez, Pascal Birot, Bart Vanderostyne, Bassam Jaber, Samer Elia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, Lebanon, Media Player, Multiscreen, Set Top Box
Irdeto to secure content on Airtel’s Digital TV platform
Sep 15, 2018 – Irdeto has partnered with Bharti Airtel to secure all content offered on Airtel’s Digital TV services. As part of the partnership, Irdeto will deploy its security solutions to secure the linear channels offered on the STB and the content offered on Airtel’s hybrid Android TV platform.
News categories: Irdeto, Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Synamedia sets out corporate vision, strategy and investment focus
Sep 14, 2018 – Synamedia, the new company that will be formed from the sale of Cisco’s video processing and video solutions business to private equity firm Permira funds, has revealed its vision and investment focus as an independent entity.
News categories: Synamedia, Yves Padrines, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA and Samsung launch TVkey Cloud smart TV security
Sep 14, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), with Samsung, has announced the launch of TVkey Cloud, the next generation Enhanced Content Protection for Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware based root of trust. TVkey Cloud builds on the existing TVkey specification deployed in the market today.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, Maurice Van Riek, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShow, Smart TV, Worldwide
Irdeto secures Orange Slovakia’s new DTH service
Sep 14, 2018 – Orange Slovensko has selected Irdeto as its partner to securely deliver content through its recently launched DTH service in Slovakia. The service was launched with Irdeto Conditional Access securing a range of premium content.
News categories: Irdeto, Orange, Richard Frankland, Karol Flak, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShow, Satellite, Set Top Box, Slovakia
- Global SVOD subscriptions to reach 777 million
- DigiCAP to deploy home gateways for ONEMedia's NextGen broadcast system in Dallas
- Amazon introduces 'Fire TV Recast' DTT gateway
- Amazon introduces Echo Show with a bigger screen
- Alibaba Cloud selects Irdeto to simplify OTT content protection
- FreeWheel releases Q2 2018 Video Monetization Report
- dataxu debuts TotalTV for Advertisers, spanning linear, connected and addressable TV
- Worldwide 4K STB installed base hits 31 million units in 2017
- Vodafone makes UK’s first holographic call using 5G
- MOBITV acquires streaming delivery rights from another 90 networks
- DISH enlists Nielsen to power advanced advertising across Sling TV
- ACCESS browser selected for Panasonic Blu-ray recorder with 4K satellite
- Global OTT revenues to climb to $129 billion
- Amazon Fire TV Cube will not replace the remote just yet
- Africa’s entertainment and media industry enters dynamic new era
- Liberty Global launches 'Horizon 4' next-generation platform
- Frequency planning process finalized for DTT transition in Central America and the Caribbean
- Sky and Netflix join forces as Ultimate On Demand comes to Sky Q
- MaxLinear satellite receiver powers Cyfrowy Polsat's Evobox HD
- Ad-Tech market still highly fragmented despite intense M&A activity