Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
Jul 19, 2018 – Casbaa has released a review of OTT and regulatory policies for the video industry around Asia. Based on a year-long study of legal frameworks and government policies, Casbaa has examined key issues in regulation of the pay TV and online video industry.
News categories: Casbaa, Louis Boswell, John Medeiros, Australia, Cambodia, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, UK, USA, Vietnam
HbbTV Association releases free-to-use DASH DRM Reference Application
Jul 13, 2018 – The HbbTV Association has announced the release of its DASH DRM Reference Application. The DASH DRM Reference Application provides a model that makes it easier to deploy services that require HbbTV together with DRM and DASH.
News categories: HbbTV Association, Apps, Digital TV, DRM, Europe, HbbTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
castLabs deploys multi-DRM license delivery at M6 Group
Jul 11, 2018 – castLabs has announced the deployment of multi-DRM license delivery network technology at M6 Group across its VoD and live streaming digital platform 6play. Adopting HTML5 playback, M6 Group sought a proven solution to simplify the task of DRM licensing across all screens.
News categories: castLabs, M6 Group, Michael Stattmann, Valéry Gerfaud, Digital TV, DRM, France, HTML5, Multiscreen, OTT
StarTimes & SMIT to launch CI Plus 1.3 CAMs for Africa
Jul 10, 2018 – StarTimes, together with SMIT, will launch CI Plus 1.3 Conditional Access Modules (CAMs) with the operator's profile for its African markets. Chipset pairing in the CAMs enhances performance, security, and reliability.
News categories: StarTimes, SMIT, Daniel Ge, Bingyu Xiang, Africa, CAM, Set Top Box, Smart TV
SMPTE publishes standards for adding audio watermark-based IDs to media assets
Jul 9, 2018 – SMPTE has announced published standards for binding Ad-IDs to commercials and Entertainment ID Registry (EIDR) codes to programming content. The standards specify use of Kantar Media's audio watermarking technology, an open solution available for licensing.
News categories: SMPTE, Kantar Media, Coalition for Innovative Media Measurement, Jane Clarke, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA, Watermarking, Worldwide
Skardin and ALi grow NAGRA NOCS3-certified STB shipments in South America
Jul 6, 2018 – ALi Corporation and Skardin have announced that they reached record-high shipments of NAGRA NOCS–certified secure STBs to South American operators in 2018. The milestone symbolizes the joint effort and commitment to meeting today's Pay TV security standard as well as the strong dedication in this regional market.
News categories: ALi Corp, Willis Chang, Alessandro Bassi, Content Protection, Digital TV, Latin America, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Viaccess-Orca Connected Sentinel DRM completes Farncombe Security Audit
Jun 28, 2018 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that its Connected Sentinel DRM solution has completed a rigorous review by Cartesian. Cartesian's Farncombe Security Audit reviews the requirements of security solutions to determine whether they meet the complex needs of IPTV.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, Cartesian, Pierre-Alexandre Bidard, Brian Paxton, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Worldwide
Transvision selects Irdeto security for DTH Android TV offering
Jun 27, 2018 – Indonesia's Transvision has selected Irdeto to securely deliver DTH content via its Android TV platform. Irdeto Armor for Android TV helps Transvision formulate and execute the right strategy to protect its ecosystem while ensuring the best customer experience.
News categories: Irdeto, Transvision, Jay Ganesan, Hengkie Liwanto, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box
Dhiraagu selects Verimatrix to secure TV streaming in the Maldives
Jun 27, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that Maldivian telecommunications and digital services provider Dhiraagu has deployed its Video Content Authority System (VCAS) for Broadcast-Hybrid solution to secure IPTV and OTT video delivery.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dhiraagu, Steve Oetegenn, Ahmed Maumoon, ConnecTechAsia, Content Protection, Digital TV, The Maldives, TV Everywhere
- Casbaa releases updated pay TV and OTT Regulatory Review for Asia
- Minerva launches turnkey cloud video service for cable and telco operators
- AlphaNetworks creates global A.I. powered media platform
- Oversupply of large TFT LCD panels to prompt restructuring of older fabs
- Aiming to be local everywhere, Amazon and Netflix ramp up content production
- Innovid adds VAST inventory support across major vendors
- SimpleReach launches all-in-one digital video measurement platform
- UK: TV streaming services overtake pay TV for first time
- Tremor Video DSP and Dstillery deliver joint audience targeting solution
- Smart TV share jumps to 70% of TV shipments in 2018
- TDS Telecom Selects TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- Verizon Digital Media Services provides content delivery for Grupo Clarín
- 52.5 million pay TV subs for European former USSR countries in 1Q 2018
- Anevia joins Red Hat technology partner program
- Telia acquires TDC’s Norwegian business
- Pay TV subscribers in Latin America reached 71.4 million in Q1 2018
- Telkom Indonesia launches OONA mobile TV app with Brightcove
- Smartphone displays set to move rapidly to 18:9
- iflix subscriber numbers up 250% in 1H 2018
- Online video viewing to exceed an hour a day in 2018