Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
LG webOS 3.5 first Smart TV with UL cybersecurity certification
Feb 21, 2017 – The latest version of LG Electronics’ webOS 3.5 Security Manager smart TV platform has been certified for its effective cybersecurity capabilities by UL, a first in the smart TV category.
News categories: LG Electronics, UL, JH Hwang, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Test, USA
Evolution Digital and Conax provide Multi-DRM security for eVUE-TV
Feb 21, 2017 – Evolution Digital and Conax have announced that Conax will be providing its multi-DRM solution for Evolution Digital’s eVUE-TV platform, available on the National Cable Television Cooperative’s (NCTC) VU-IT! Platform.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Rohit Mehra, Brent Smith, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, USA
Kudelski and Twitter pursue business collaboration opportunities
Feb 20, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) and Twitter (TWTR) have announced that they have agreed to broaden their relationship and pursue collaborative opportunities in areas of joint interest.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Twitter, André Kudelski, Sharad Vivek, Content Protection, Digital TV, Worldwide
Kudelski releases 2016 results
Feb 16, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2016 annual results. In iDTV, the most significant players in the industry have extended their partnerships with the Group, using some of the most innovative solutions.
News categories: Kudelski Group, Cable TV, Content Protection, Middleware, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Kudelski partners with Sigfox for IoT device security
Feb 14, 2017 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced a partnership with Sigfox to address increasing security expectations in the IoT market. Sigfox partners and customers gain access to the expertise of Kudelski's IoT Security Center of Excellence.
News categories: Kudelski, Sigfox, Andrew Howard, Laetitia Jay, Content Protection, Smart Home, Worldwide
Triple Play India to deploy Conax-secured multi-DRM with Corpus middleware
Feb 9, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced that Indian pay-TV operator Triple Play has selected technology from Conax and Corpus to help drive its triple-play expansion. The solution includes a Conax-secured multi-DRM offering, combined with middleware and system integration from Corpus.
News categories: Conax, Corpus, Triple Play, Morten Solbakken, Sachin Tummala, Navneet Sethi, Cable TV, Digital TV, DRM, India, Middleware, Set Top Box
Viaccess-Orca and ContentArmor partner for UHD and 4K content protection
Feb 8, 2017 – Viaccess-Orca and ContentArmor have announced that they have joined forces to strengthen the protection of UHD and 4K premium content. ContentArmor watermark technology has been integrated into Viaccess-Orca's Sentinel content protection solutions.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, ContentArmor, Leonid Berkovich, Eric Bénetière, Content Protection, Digital TV, Multiscreen, MWC17, Set Top Box, Watermarking, Worldwide
Samba Tech and Irdeto partner to secure online video in Latin America
Feb 7, 2017 – Irdeto has announced a strategic partnership with Samba Tech. The partnership enables the secure delivery of online video content for Latin American operators by combining Irdeto Rights and Samba Tech’s video distribution services.
News categories: Irdeto, Samba Tech, Univer Video, Gabriel Ricardo Hahmann, Lídio Ramalho, Paulo Cezar, Content Protection, Infrastructure, Latin America, OTT
Irdeto provides scalable CA for Russia's MTS
Feb 7, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that Irdeto CA has been deployed to over 2 million subscribers of MTS. Irdeto’s scalable CA solution now securely delivers the Russian broadcaster’s television services across the majority of Russian territory.
News categories: Irdeto, MTS, Natalya Romanova, Natalia Bratchikova, Cable TV, Conditional Access, CSTB, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Gracenote unveils entertainment data products for video, music and sports
- Clear potential for VR headsets after a slow start
- OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
- New Zealand Commerce Commission blocks Vodafone/Sky merger
- Eurofins Digital Testing signs strategic agreement with Nokia
- Nokia and AT&T conduct 5G streaming tests with DIRECTV NOW
- KAONMEDIA STB with AI home assistant deployed by Korea Telecom
- DISH Network adds 28,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2016
- Tata Elxsi and Portugal's NOS partner to accelerate RDK deployment
- MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
- Tru Optik and LiveRamp make first-party data actionable across connected TVs
- Google dominates VR headset shipments
- LG webOS 3.5 first Smart TV with UL cybersecurity certification
- Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote arrives in the UK
- KT chooses Conexant Voice Processor for Virtual Assistant Media Hub
- Indonesia's SuperSoccer selects Harmonic for live football streaming
- Australian sales of VR headsets exceed 200,000 units in 2016
- Ericsson and Vodafone study user reactions to broadband delays
- Evolution Digital and Conax provide Multi-DRM security for eVUE-TV
- Anyka Micro selects Allegro DVT multi-format video encoder IP