Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
Cifra chooses StarForce C++ Obfuscator to protect CAS and DRM libraries
May 14, 2018 – Cifra, a developer of solutions in digital TV and conditional access for content and multimedia services, has chosen StarForce C++ Obfuscator to protect the code in its CAS and DRM libraries. The product prevents cracking the program by adding unauthorized changes.
News categories: StarForce, Cifra, Natalia Yashenkova, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Russia
Permira to acquire Cisco's Service Provider Video Software Solutions business
May 1, 2018 – Permira and Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) have announced that a company backed by the Permira Funds has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Cisco’s Service Provider Video Software Solutions(SPVSS) business.
News categories: Permira, Cisco Systems, Dr. Abe Peled, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Hybrik cloud media processing now supports NexGuard watermarking
Apr 24, 2018 – Hybrik has announced that its cloud-based media processing now supports the embedding of NAGRA NexGuard forensic watermarks into on-demand content. Hybrik customers can now include watermark embedding as part of their cloud media workflow.
News categories: Hybrik, NAGRA, David Trescot, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Verimatrix and TMG bolster anti-piracy through real-time precision targeting
Apr 11, 2018 – Verimatrix and TMG have announced their initiative to combine capabilities for an end-to-end revenue security solution that combats the growing threat of content redistribution and illegal streaming devices.
News categories: Verimatrix, TMG, Petr Peterka, Bastien Casalta, Content Protection, Digital TV, NABShow, Watermarking, Worldwide
Verimatrix forensic watermarking accredited by ChinaDRM Lab
Apr 10, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that its forensic watermarking capabilities have been evaluated and validated by ChinaDRM Lab, the official testing organization of the State Administration of Radio and Television of the People's Republic of China.
News categories: Verimatrix, State Administration of Radio and Television, Petr Peterka, China, Digital TV, NABShow, Regulation, Watermarking
Connekt and Verance partner to provide ATSC 3.0 advertising
Apr 10, 2018 – Connekt and Verance have partnered to develop the standard for interactive advertising formats to be delivered over the ATSC 3.0 standard. The effort will provide an end-to-end solution for networks, content owners and programmers.
News categories: Connekt, Verance, Mike Fitzsimmons, Eric Anderson, Advertising, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Watermarking
Chunghwa Telecom upgrades to Verimatrix VCAS Ultra to secure UHD/4K services
Apr 9, 2018 – Verimatrix has announced that as Chunghwa Telecom expands its multimedia on demand (MoD) offering to include UHD/4K streaming, it has deployed VCAS Ultra to secure new delivery models and support next-generation services and technology.
News categories: Verimatrix, Chunghwa Telecom, Steve Oetegenn, Dr. Chih-Cheng Lo, Content Protection, Digital TV, IPTV, NABShow, Taiwan
EBU publishes royalty-free CA standard for live content streams
Apr 6, 2018 – The EBU has published a new protocol, developed in close collaboration with network equipment vendors ATEME and NEVION, which makes it a lot easier for media rights holders to grant clients access to live video content.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Adi Kouadio, Dr Hans Hoffmann, Oscar Teran, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBCShow, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
BBC deploys BuyDRM to secure premium digital content
Apr 5, 2018 – BuyDRM has announced that the UK’s BBC has deployed the KeyOS MultiKey DRM Service as part of their BBC iPlayer App. The offering powers the BBC iPlayer app that allows users to download or view offline content on MacOS and Windows clients.
News categories: BuyDRM, Widevine, BBC, Christopher Levy, Brian Baker, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
- Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
- Tremor Video DSP and Cuebiq partner for geo-behavioral targeting on connected TV
- XUMO viewing data added to Nielsen's Digital Content Ratings
- Accenture provides video platform for Turner’s OTT products
- Tunity launches analytics division to measure OOH TV audience
- ATEME enables Swisscom’s MediaCloud video headend
- Oregan launches middleware for legacy Linux STBs and Android TV
- Brightcove launches OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo
- More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
- Sky announces new Innovation Centre in latest phase of campus development
- Amino Launches 'Operation Upcycle'
- U.S. legacy multichannel subscriptions remain under pressure
- Anevia helps Vietnam's VTC to launch OTT service
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~305,000 subscribers in 1Q 2018
- Syncbak launches SBTV OTT platform for local broadcasters
- Amazon dominates U.S. Direct-to-Consumer TV network subscriptions
- Gracenote launches data solution for device manufacturers offering live TV streaming
- PeerLogix OTT data now available through leading demand-side platform
- BT TV to include the Amazon Prime Video app
- Netflix to reach 201 million subscribers by 2023