Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
Sep 15, 2019 – Bharti Airtel has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content on its Airtel Xstream 4K Hybrid Box. The STB, based on Android 9.0, brings satellite TV and OTT content together on a single device, secured by Irdeto Cloaked CA.
News categories: Irdeto, Bharti Airtel, Doug Lowther, Sunil Taldar, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
Sep 14, 2019 – Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) has selected a partner ecosystem, led by systems integrator Millennium I.T.E.S.P, to deploy its Personalised Entertainment Option (PEO) TV Go, a TV Everywhere solution complementing its IPTV service, SLT PEO TV.
News categories: Verimatrix, Broadpeak, Beenius, Millennium I.T.E.S.P, Sri Lanka Telecom, Steve Oetegenn, Jacques Le Mancq, Filip Remškar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IBC2019, Sri Lanka, TV Everywhere
BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
Sep 14, 2019 – Beximco Communications (BexCom) has selected Irdeto to securely deliver content through its DTH service, AKASH. BexCom launched its platform in Bangladesh using Irdeto Cloaked CA to ensure the highest levels of security for its content.
News categories: Irdeto, Beximco, AKASH, Doug Lowther, DS Faisal Hyder, Bangladesh, Content Protection, Digital TV, Satellite
MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
Sep 14, 2019 – MediaKind has been selected by Síminn for its live HD and UHD broadcasts of football matches from the English Premier League. The deployment will include a professional decoder, and a control and conditional access management software product.
News categories: MediaKind, Síminn, Damien Montessuit, Bjarki Jónsson, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Iceland
NAGRA enables cloud-based OTT for Montecable in Uruguay
Sep 13, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Montecable has deployed NAGRA's cloud-based Conax GO Live solution to enable new features for its pay-TV service in Uruguay, including Android TV support and video-on-demand (VOD).
News categories: NAGRA, Montecable, BOLD MSS, Tom Wirth, Federico Carballal, Ariel Droyeski, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBC2019, TV Everywhere, Uruguay
Vodafone extends deployment of NAGRA across its operating companies
Sep 12, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Vodafone has deployed its cloud-based Security Services Platform, NAGRA cloud.SSP, to help protect Vodafone TV services across a large number of operating companies, including Spain, Portugal, Greece, Italy and Romania.
News categories: NAGRA, Vodafone, Thierry Legrand, Nuno Sanches, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, IPTV, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Spain
Irdeto adds client watermarking to TraceMark
Sep 12, 2019 – Irdeto has added client watermarking to the Irdeto TraceMark forensic watermarking solution. The solution enables fast integration and rapid detection of pirate sources, making it a powerful anti-piracy capability for live content such as 4K sports.
News categories: Irdeto, Andrew Bunten, Digital TV, IBC2019, Watermarking, Worldwide
Fransat and HD+ adopt Intertrust XCA content protection
Sep 12, 2019 – Intertrust has announced that Fransat and HD+, France and Germany’s leading free TV operators, have selected Intertrust’s ExpressPlay XCA to protect and manage video streams over major broadcast and IPTV networks.
News categories: Intertrust, Fransat, HD+, Talal G. Shamoon, Digital TV, DRM, France, Germany, IBC2019, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases 2019 global findings
Sep 11, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), in partnership with MTM, has released the global findings of the 2019 Pay-TV Innovation Forum. The report summarises insights collected from industry executives across four regions: Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America and North America.
News categories: NAGRA, MTM, Simon Trudelle, Jon Watts, Big Data, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks
- NAGRA enables cloud-based OTT for Montecable in Uruguay
- ACCESS CO. and EKT integrate the NetRange Application Store
- Telenor deploys pay TV system from ADB
- EBU and Eurofins Digital Testing partner on UHDTV standards and logo
- XroadMedia brings personalisation and recommendations to Stoneroos products
- Eutelsat selected by Orby TV for new U.S. DTH satellite service
- Dotscreen to develop Freesat UI on Arris set-top box
- Liberty Latin America selects TiVo for roll out in Puerto Rico
- Amlogic and Vewd introduce turnkey chipset platform for pay TV service
- iWedia provides software for True OTT service in Thailand