Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
Oct 19, 2017 – CASBAA has announced the formation of the Coalition Against Piracy (CAP), an initiative to coordinate industry resources in the fight against rampant content theft. The CAP includes leading video content creators and distributors in Asia.
News categories: CASBAA, John Medeiros, Neil Gane, Asia, Content Protection, Digital TV
Kopernikus selects CryptoGuard to secure new pay-TV offering
Oct 2, 2017 – CryptoGuard has announced that Kopernikus has selected CryptoGuard’s Conditional Access System (CAS) to secure its content revenues. The Serbia based cable TV operator is currently working on digitalisation of its entire network.
News categories: CryptoGuard, Kopernikus, Kjell Carlswärd, Stevan Mićašević, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Serbia
Intertrust and Bitmovin forge secure media player partnership
Sep 28, 2017 – Intertrust and Bitmovin have announced a partnership. Together, Intertrust’s cloud-based platforms and Bitmovin’s end-to-end content delivery system, provide customers with a one-stop solution for content protection and monetization.
News categories: Intertrust, Bitmovin, Talal Shamoon, Stefan Lederer, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Media Player, Multiscreen, Worldwide
KT Skylife selects Alticast for TELEBEE OTT service
Sep 26, 2017 – Alticast has announced that KT Skylife has selected the Alticast Ambient TV platform as the foundation for TELEBEE, an end-to-end OTT service that will provide a competitive edge against Netflix, Hulu and other SVOD services.
News categories: Alticast, KT Skylife, Joonhee Oh, Shinho Ryu, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, Korea, OTT, UX
beIN selects Irdeto for CA and security services
Sep 19, 2017 – Irdeto has announced details of a new three year deal with beIN. beIN will be using Irdeto’s Conditional Access Solution and security services for the delivery of live sports and entertainment content to customers across the MENA region.
News categories: Irdeto, beIN Media, Doug Lowther, Yousef Al-Obaidly, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, Middle-East
Conax secures CableVideo and Colsecor in Argentina
Sep 19, 2017 – Conax (SIX:KUD:S) has announced two new wins in Argentina. Regional pay-TV operators CableVideo and Colsecor have all selected technology and services from Conax and regional partner, BOLD MSS, to drive expansion in Pay TV and multi-DRM content offerings.
News categories: Conax, BOLD MSS, Colsecor, CableVideo, Jose Alcacer-Mackinlay, Ricardo Lima, Argentina, Content Protection, Digital TV
Dish TV India selects Verimatrix Cardless Security for DTH expansion
Sep 18, 2017 – Verimatrix has announced that Dish TV India has selected Verimatrix to provide cardless security for its DTH service offerings. VCAS for DVB was selected for its future-proof approach to revenue security.
News categories: Verimatrix, Dish TV India, Steve Oetegenn, V K Gupta, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, India, Satellite
TVkey adds forensic watermarking with NexGuard
Sep 18, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced NexGuard as the first forensic watermarking solution approved for use with TVkey. The TVkey USB dongle offers a secure way for pay TV operators to bring advanced services directly to TV sets.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, NexGuard, Maurice Van Riek, Hyogun Lee, CAM, Digital TV, IBCShow, Smart TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Tata Sky appoints Irdeto for next generation OTT media services
Sep 16, 2017 – Irdeto has been selected by Tata Sky to enhance its end-to-end solution for OTT services. Tata Sky aims to launch the most innovative online video service in India to give consumers greater choice and convenience.
News categories: Irdeto, Tata Sky, Bengt Jonsson, Pallavi Puri, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, India, OTT
- CASBAA forms Coalition Against Piracy in Asia
- Verizon FIOS video subscribers down 18,000 in 3Q 2017
- Eurofins Digital Testing acquires U.S.-based My Eye Media
- Freeview NZ to launch new on-demand platform and connected PVR
- Brazilian antitrust authority approves AT&T acquisition of Time Warner
- IC Insights raises 2017 IC market forecast to +22%
- Nielsen launches SVOD content ratings
- Optic Communications launches pay TV with Espial
- Encoding.com launches first video QC service in the cloud
- Montage Technology licenses Allegro DVT video encoder IP for STB ICs
- Touchstream debuts live OTT stream content availability monitoring
- true[X] and Innovid partner to bring Engagement Ads to living room devices
- MCTV launches IPTV services with Espial
- Worldwide device shipments to increase 2.0% in 2018
- Vodafone TV launches in New Zealand
- Czech HbbTV adopts header bidding solution from R2B2
- Metrological and ActiveVideo enable OTT on existing STBs
- Kaon adopts monitoring from Greenwave Systems for cable devices
- INSIGHT TV joins Amazon Channels line-up in UK and Germany
- US leads in scripted TV production but volume is declining