Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
News categories: Verimatrix, Jscrambler, Martin Bergenwall, Carlos Rocha Gonçalves, Apps, Content Protection, Worldwide
SonyLIV selects Intertrust's cloud-based multi-DRM
May 6, 2020 – Intertrust’s cloud-based multi-DRM service, ExpressPlay DRM, has been selected by SonyLIV to protect content streaming and downloads on all devices. The partnership covers all channels and entertainment programming on the SonyLIV platform.
News categories: Intertrust, SonyLIV, Talal G. Shamoon, Manish Verma, Digital TV, DRM, India, OTT
NAGRA launches forensic watermarking to protect short content assets
Apr 22, 2020 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced the launch of NexGuard ClipMark, the industry’s only forensic watermarking technology designed to detect the source of pre-release content leaks on very short video clips, down to thirty seconds.
News categories: NAGRA, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Irdeto watermarking integrated with Zixi Software-Defined Video Platform
Apr 22, 2020 – Zixi has announced that Irdeto has integrated the Zixi Software-Defined Video Platform (SDVP) into Irdeto TraceMark, a cloud-based managed service that embeds a forensic watermark into the live content to identify the content distribution channel for broadcast security.
News categories: Zixi, Irdeto, John Wastcoat, Steeve Huin, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Intertrust and Fastly integrate to protect Direct-to-Consumer streaming
Apr 21, 2020 – Intertrust has announced an integrated solution with edge cloud platform provider Fastly (NYSE:FSLY). The partnership incorporates Intertrust’s ExpressPlay DRM, a multi-DRM cloud service, with Fastly’s on-the-fly packaging (OTFP) service.
News categories: Intertrust, Fastly, Kenny Huang, Lee Chen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Worldwide
NAGRA launches NexGuard forensic watermarking on Akamai edge network
Apr 20, 2020 – NexGuard Streaming watermarking for OTT from NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has been integrated with Akamai. The integrated solution uses Akamai’s edge platform to bring an added level of anti-piracy enforcement and revenue protection to rights holders and content owners.
News categories: NAGRA, Akamai, Jean-Philippe Plantevin, Amit Kasturia, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Watermarking, Worldwide
Waoo takes TV Authentication and Analytics to the Cloud with Verimatrix
Apr 15, 2020 – Waoo has selected content security and analytics from Verimatrix (Paris: VMX). The lower capital investment and faster time-to-market of the SaaS services will provide Waoo with competitive advantage in the Danish market.
News categories: Verimatrix, Waoo, Asaf Ashkenazi, Ole Ørndrup, Big Data, Cable TV, Content Protection, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV
TRAI issues recommendations on set-top box interoperability
Apr 10, 2020 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released recommendations that all set-top-boxes in India must support technical interoperability in principle, i.e. every STB provided to a consumer must be interoperable.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, CAM, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
Apr 8, 2020 – Synamedia has secured a contract with Vodafone Group to provide video platform, security and integration services. The deal supprts Vodafone's vision of a global cloud TV platform running on the operator's Gigabit infrastructure.
News categories: Synamedia, Vodafone, Yves Padrines, Tanja Richter, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Worldwide
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020