Content Protection (conditional access, DRM, watermarking, …) News
INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
Nov 14, 2019 – INNOPIA has announced a Netflix integrated, Android TV Hybrid STB platform based on Amlogic silicon and Verimatrix security. The platform meets the security requirements specified by the MovieLabs’ Specifications for Enhanced Content Protection.
News categories: Verimatrix, Amlogic, INNOPIA, Steve Oetegenn, James Xie, HeeWon Park, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
Nov 13, 2019 – Irdeto and Amlogic have launched a set-top box (STB) platform that is pre-certified under the Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid program. Amlogic is an SoC partner and Irdeto is a security partner to Netflix in the Hailstorm Hybrid program.
News categories: Irdeto, Amlogic, Netflix, Steeve Huin, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
Nov 13, 2019 – At the Android TV Bangkok Summit, INNOPIA officially announced a Netflix integrated, Android TV DVB-C Hybrid STB platform (IMT-M6900) based on its own DVB stack with Synaptics SoC and NAGRA Connect and Protect security clients.
News categories: INNOPIA, Synaptics, NAGRA, Netflix, HeeWon Park, Saleel Awsare, Maurice van Riek, Android TV, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
Nov 12, 2019 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that its VideoSmart multimedia SoC is an approved Widevine CAS solution for Android TV. With castLabs, the trio will demonstrate an end-to-end Widevine CAS workflow at the APAC Android TV Summit.
News categories: Synaptics, castLabs, Widevine, Saleel Awsare, Brian Baker, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
Nov 12, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that the Malian Transmission and Broadcasting Corporation (SMTD) has chosen VO's cardless CAS to secure its DTT platform. Thomson Broadcast will manage the deployment of the DTT infrastructure.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, SMTD, Arnaud Alvarez, Ismaila Togola, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mali, Terrestrial
Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
Nov 12, 2019 – Irdeto has partnered with Amlogic and Skyworth Digital to launch a production-ready hybrid STB reference design under Google’s Android TV program. The solution provides operators with a pre-certified platform that reduces launch time by up to six months.
News categories: Irdeto, Amlogic, Skyworth, Steeve Huin, James Xie, Charlie Zheng, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
Nov 12, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), together with KAON (KOSDAQ: KAONMEDIA), has announced that they are joining forces in a new streaming platform designed to accelerate time-to-market of Android TV-based services for pay-TV operators.
News categories: NAGRA, KAON, Maurice Van Riek, Edward Shin, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
Nov 11, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S), together with SDMC and Amlogic, has announced that they will collaborate on an Android TV-based solution for pay-TV operators offered as part of the NAGRA Android Fast Track program.
News categories: NAGRA, SDMC, Amlogic, Maurice Van Riek, David Li, James Xie, Android TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
Nov 11, 2019 – The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) has released a consultation paper on set-top box interoperability for digital TV broadcasting. A paper has been issued to elicit responses on the best solution for the implementation phase.
News categories: Telecom Regulatory Authority of India, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, Regulation, Set Top Box
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform