Costa Rica Digital TV News
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Conax provides pay TV security for Millicom's Tigo DTH in LatAm
Sep 11, 2014 – Conax (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that it is providing Millicom with content protection for its expanding cable and satellite Pay TV operations under the Tigo Star brand. Conax has entered a Supply Agreement with Millicom for its Tigo DTH LatAm operations.
News categories: Conax, Millicom, Luciano Marino, Rohit Mehra, Bolivia, Content Protection, Costa Rica, Digital TV, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, IBC2019, Satellite
Telefonica adds 494,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Jul 31, 2014 – Telefónica (Madrid and NYSE: TEF) has released its second quarter 2014 results. Pay TV access growth was 32% year-on-year in organic terms reaching 4.2 million subscribers at the end of June, with 494 thousand net additions.
News categories: Telefónica, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, IPTV, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Results, Satellite, Spain, Subscribers, Venezuela
Costa Rica adds 100,000 pay TV subscribers in 2013
Jul 30, 2014 – Costa Rica's telecoms regulator (SUTEL) has released a market report for the period 2010 to 2013. The country ended 2013 with 641,042 pay TV subscribers, up 100,349 versus the end of 2012.
News categories: SUTEL, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, MMDS, Satellite, Subscribers
Millicom launches satellite pay TV in Costa Rica and Honduras
Jun 5, 2014 – Millicom (Stockholmsbörsen: MIC) has announced that it has launched satellite pay-TV services in two more countries, Costa Rica and Honduras. These follow the first two services in Bolivia and El Salvador.
News categories: Millicom, Hans-Holger Albrecht, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Honduras, Satellite
Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
Dec 4, 2013 – Qualy TV, part of the Albavisión group, has launched its new pay TV service in Costa Rica using the satellite platform of Media Networks, a unit of Telefónica. The basic service consists of 53 SD channels, with additional movie and adult packages available.
News categories: Qualy TV, Media Networks, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Satellite
Costa Rica's Racsa picks Comigo's Android set-top-box and middleware
Sep 12, 2013 – Comigo has announced an agreement with Racsa/Grupo ICE, Costa Rica's biggest telco company. Under the agreement, Comigo will provide its hybrid, Android-based Smart-Set-Top-Box (STB) to Racsa/Grupo ICE along with its backend middleware.
News categories: Comigo, Racsa, Grupo ICE, Dov Moran, Orlando Cascante, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Costa Rica's ICE launches 'kölbi hogar TV' IPTV
Jun 5, 2013 – Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad (ICE) has launched Costa Rica's first IPTV service. The service, called 'kölbi hogar TV' has 87 channels, with 11 channels of pay per view, plus seven in HD.
News categories: Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad, Costa Rica, Digital TV, IPTV
Millicom ends 2012 with 558,000 Tigo cable TV customers in Central America
Mar 6, 2013 – Millicom, which operates cable services in El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Costa Rica, and Nicaragua under the Tigo brand, has reported Financial and Operational Data as at December 31 2012. At the end of the year it had 558,000 cable TV RGUs.
News categories: Millicom, Cable TV, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Paraguay, Results, Subscribers
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution