Denmark Digital TV News
Nuuday selects Agama for service and customer experience assurance
Aug 27, 2019 – Agama has announced that Nuuday has chosen to implement Agama’s end-to-end video assurance and analytics solution for its video services delivered under the YouSee brand. Nuuday will use Agama across all platforms, including OTT, cable and IPTV.
News categories: Agama, Nuuday, Mikael Dahlgren, Peter Bukhave, Big Data, Cable TV, Denmark, Digital TV, IBC2020, IPTV, OTT
Dplay expands Appear TV OTT delivery with dynamic ads
Jul 9, 2019 – Appear TV has announced that Dplay is expanding their OTT solution from Appear and NEP Norway with dynamic ad insertion. Dynamic ad insertion functionality was initially launched in May for select channels in the Nordic region.
News categories: Appear TV, Dplay, NEP Norway, Naser N. Haify, Peder O. Krogh, Timothée Thirouin, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
TDC selects Mediamorph for its Blockbuster VOD services in the Nordics
Jun 20, 2019 – TDC Group will use Mediamorph’s Content Value Management (CVM) for its BLOCKBUSTER VOD business in the Nordics. The CVM enables TDC to automate its VOD platforms and more effectively capitalize on content contracts, control VOD royalties, and streamline their supply chain.
News categories: Mediamorph, Blockbuster, Rob Gardos, Casper Hald, Content Distribution, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Western European telcos are winning the European 5G race
Jun 10, 2019 – In Europe, Western countries are leading 5G development, with Denmark, Portugal and Switerland’s 5G adoption set to take a 23.2%, 16.2% and 16.2% share respectively of total mobile subscription in their markets by 2023, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Jonathan Bachrach, 5G, Denmark, Finland, Market Research, Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland
10 million streaming subscriptions in the Nordics
May 27, 2019 – Streaming video continues to grow rapidly in the Nordics, Mediavision concludes in its recently published analysis of the Nordic TV and video market. An increasing number of consumers subscribe to SVOD and year-on-year the growth is 800,000 new subscribing households.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Norway, OTT, Subscribers, Sweden
TDC launches next generation Home Gateway in Denmark with SoftAtHome
Apr 18, 2019 – SoftAtHome has announced that its software enables TDC’s Danish customers to benefit from gigabit services. TDC’s subscribers now enjoy a much faster Internet connection with two bonded VDSL lines, highest quality TV and uninterrupted communications.
News categories: SoftAtHome, TDC, David Viret-Lange, Michael Vig Larsen, Broadband, Denmark, Gateway, Middleware
Local online video actors particularly strong in the Nordics
Mar 20, 2019 – Local online video actors are particularly strong in the Nordics compared to the European market. Mediavision has found that Netflix and Amazon combined holds roughly a 40% share of all Nordic online video subscriptions.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Mediavision: Nordic AVOD viewing growing, local players gaining share
Jan 31, 2019 – According to Mediavision, AVOD viewing across the Nordics has grown considerably over the last couple of years. Incumbent actors, both broadcasters and other traditional media companies, are contributing through their ad-funded offerings.
News categories: Mediavision, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
Appetite for streaming in the Nordics continues to grow
Dec 14, 2018 – According to Mediavision, the appetite for streaming services among Nordic consumers continues to rise. Today, 5.3 million Nordic households subscribe to at least one video streaming service (SVOD).
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020