Digital TV Business, Technology and Market Research News
Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
Dec 3, 2019 – Vodafone UK customers can now enjoy unlimited streaming of their favourite entertainment both in and out of the home with superfast broadband, unlimited mobile data and Apple TV 4K, plus 12 free months of Apple TV+, all in one package.
News categories: Vodafone, Apple, Max Taylor, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, UK
A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
Dec 3, 2019 – A1 Bulgaria has launched A1 Xplore TV, an advanced turnkey TV solution powered by Zappware. A1 Xplore TV users will be able to find content through Zappware's Nexx 4.0 user experience, and enjoy their favorite content on web and app with A1 Xplore TV GO.
News categories: Zappware, A1 Bulgaria, Patrick Vos, Simeon Donev, Bulgaria, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
Dec 2, 2019 – Roy Morgan research shows that over 14.5 million Australians now have access to some form of Pay TV/Subscription TV, up 8.2% on a year ago. The combined audience for these services is almost 70% of the Australian population.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
Nov 28, 2019 – EE has treated commuters to an AR gig over 5G starring British band, Bastille. Bastille performed at Birmingham’s New Street Station, while fans in Liverpool and Edinburgh live streamed the performance using Nreal mixed reality glasses and the latest Samsung devices.
News categories: EE, Pete Jeavons, 5G, Digital TV, UK, VR
Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
Nov 28, 2019 – Four-fifths (80%) of broadcasters are considering implementing ads tailored to the consumer but are increasingly falling behind streaming services due hesitance around adopting cloud technologies, according to research carried out on behalf of ATEME.
News categories: ATEME, Remi Beaudouin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
Nov 27, 2019 – Analysis from TrendForce shows that global TV shipments in 3Q19 reached 54.97 million units, a 16.8% growth QoQ and 1.9% decline YoY. Double 11 in China and year-end festivities in Europe and the Americas have required companies to stock up.
News categories: TrendForce, Iris Hu, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV
Nov 27, 2019 – A study published by the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO) shows that up to 13.7 million EU citizens stream unauthorised internet protocol television (IPTV), at a cost of EUR 941.7 million per year.
News categories: EUIPO, Christian Archambeau, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, EU, Market Research, OTT
WIND-Hellas launching Cloud Recordings with Zappware
Nov 27, 2019 – WIND Hellas announced the launch of its cloud-based recording service. The Android TV solution is built and operated by Zappware as a turnkey service and has been rolled out to all WIND VISION users.
News categories: Zappware, WIND Hellas, Patrick Vos, Hermann Riedl, Android TV, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, UX
Six in ten UK households use streaming services
Nov 27, 2019 – Six in ten households (61%) in the UK currently watch streaming services, rising to more than three quarters (77%) of 18- to 34-year-olds. More than four in ten (41%) over-55s also signed up to at least one provider, according to research from uSwitch.com.
News categories: uSwitch, Dani Warner, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, UK
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV