DTMB (DMB-T/H) – Digital Terrestrial Multimedia Broadcast – GB 20600-2006; DMB-T+ADTB-T – News
ZTE to provide DTMB broadcasting infrastructure for Pakistan's PTV
May 15, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has signed an agreement with Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV) for digital television services. Under the agreement, PTV will use ZTE’s technology to deliver digital TV based on the DTMB standard.
News categories: ZTE, Pakistan Television Corporation, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DTMB, Pakistan, Terrestrial
RDA Microelectronics announces sampling of Digital TV Tuner IC
Apr 16, 2014 – RDA Microelectronics (Nasdaq:RDA) has announced sampling of its RDA5880N, a fully integrated RF front-end tuner IC supporting all worldwide terrestrial and cable TV standards, including DVB-T/T2, ISDB-T, ATSC, DTMB, and DVB-C.
News categories: RDA Micro, Shuran Wei, ATSC, Cable TV, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-T2, ICs, ISDB-T, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
DTT boom extends beyond Europe
Jul 24, 2013 – The number of homes receiving DTT signals will more than double between 2013 and 2018 to reach 553 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report expects the number of primary DTT homes to also double over the same period to 380 million in 2018.
News categories: ATSC, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, DTMB, ISDB-T, Market Research, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Toshiba launches demodulator IC for DTT and digital cable in China
May 30, 2013 – Toshiba (TOKYO:6502) has announced that it has launched a demodulator IC for digital terrestrial broadcasts (GB20600-2006: DTMB) and digital cable broadcasts (GY/T 170-2001: DVB-C) in the Chinese market. Samples are available now.
News categories: Toshiba, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Cuba to begin DTMB DTT tests in June
May 27, 2013 – Cuba's Ministry of Communications has announced that it will begin digital terrestrial television (DTT) tests in June as part of its phased introduction of the technology in the country.
News categories: Cuba, Digital TV, DTMB, Terrestrial
MaxLinear announces MxL608 tuner for cost-sensitive DVB-T and DTMB applications
Dec 5, 2012 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL608, a digital TV tuner optimized for cost-sensitive DVB-T and DTMB applications. The MxL608 is part of MaxLinear's MxL600 'super radio' family of CMOS tuners.
News categories: MaxLinear, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ALi begins mass production of its AVS+DTMB STB SoC
Oct 16, 2012 – ALi Corporation (TPE:3041) has announced that its new AVS+DTMB standard definition STB solution, M3381T, will be shipped to an MSO in mass production quantity in October, 2012.
News categories: ALi Corp, China, DTMB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
AltoBeam Closes $6M Series D Funding
May 14, 2012 – AltoBeam has announced that it has successfully closed a 6 million US dollars round of Series D funding. In 2011, AltoBeam enjoyed an over 80% TV and Set Top Box market share in DTMB/DVB-C demodulator shipments.
News categories: AltoBeam, US Venture Partners, Cable TV, China, DTMB, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Venture Capital
Telairity Encoders for Sichuan DTV Broadcasting and China Telecom IPTV
Apr 17, 2012 – Telairity has announced the sale of its multi-channel SD 7000 series encoders for a DTT network being installed in Sichuan Province; and the sale of its ultra-low bitrate SD/mobile 9000 series encoders for China Telecom's nationwide IPTV system.
News categories: Telairity, China, Content Distribution, DTMB, IPTV, Terrestrial
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV