DTMB (DMB-T/H) – Digital Terrestrial Multimedia Broadcast – GB 20600-2006; DMB-T+ADTB-T – News
ZTE to provide DTMB broadcasting infrastructure for Pakistan's PTV
May 15, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has signed an agreement with Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV) for digital television services. Under the agreement, PTV will use ZTE’s technology to deliver digital TV based on the DTMB standard.
News categories: ZTE, Pakistan Television Corporation, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DTMB, Pakistan, Terrestrial
RDA Microelectronics announces sampling of Digital TV Tuner IC
Apr 16, 2014 – RDA Microelectronics (Nasdaq:RDA) has announced sampling of its RDA5880N, a fully integrated RF front-end tuner IC supporting all worldwide terrestrial and cable TV standards, including DVB-T/T2, ISDB-T, ATSC, DTMB, and DVB-C.
News categories: RDA Micro, Shuran Wei, ATSC, Cable TV, Digital TV, DTMB, DVB-T2, ICs, ISDB-T, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Worldwide
DTT boom extends beyond Europe
Jul 24, 2013 – The number of homes receiving DTT signals will more than double between 2013 and 2018 to reach 553 million, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The report expects the number of primary DTT homes to also double over the same period to 380 million in 2018.
News categories: ATSC, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, DTMB, ISDB-T, Market Research, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Toshiba launches demodulator IC for DTT and digital cable in China
May 30, 2013 – Toshiba (TOKYO:6502) has announced that it has launched a demodulator IC for digital terrestrial broadcasts (GB20600-2006: DTMB) and digital cable broadcasts (GY/T 170-2001: DVB-C) in the Chinese market. Samples are available now.
News categories: Toshiba, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Cuba to begin DTMB DTT tests in June
May 27, 2013 – Cuba's Ministry of Communications has announced that it will begin digital terrestrial television (DTT) tests in June as part of its phased introduction of the technology in the country.
News categories: Cuba, Digital TV, DTMB, Terrestrial
MaxLinear announces MxL608 tuner for cost-sensitive DVB-T and DTMB applications
Dec 5, 2012 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL608, a digital TV tuner optimized for cost-sensitive DVB-T and DTMB applications. The MxL608 is part of MaxLinear's MxL600 'super radio' family of CMOS tuners.
News categories: MaxLinear, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
ALi begins mass production of its AVS+DTMB STB SoC
Oct 16, 2012 – ALi Corporation (TPE:3041) has announced that its new AVS+DTMB standard definition STB solution, M3381T, will be shipped to an MSO in mass production quantity in October, 2012.
News categories: ALi Corp, China, DTMB, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
AltoBeam Closes $6M Series D Funding
May 14, 2012 – AltoBeam has announced that it has successfully closed a 6 million US dollars round of Series D funding. In 2011, AltoBeam enjoyed an over 80% TV and Set Top Box market share in DTMB/DVB-C demodulator shipments.
News categories: AltoBeam, US Venture Partners, Cable TV, China, DTMB, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Venture Capital
Telairity Encoders for Sichuan DTV Broadcasting and China Telecom IPTV
Apr 17, 2012 – Telairity has announced the sale of its multi-channel SD 7000 series encoders for a DTT network being installed in Sichuan Province; and the sale of its ultra-low bitrate SD/mobile 9000 series encoders for China Telecom's nationwide IPTV system.
News categories: Telairity, China, Content Distribution, DTMB, IPTV, Terrestrial
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers