DOCSIS (Data Over Cable Service Interface Specifications) News
Samsung integrates Celeno Wi-Fi in DOCSIS gateway and 4K STB
May 30, 2017 – Celeno has announced that its silicon and software technology will power home gateways and set-top boxes being developed by Samsung. Celeno's Wi-Fi chipsets will power Samsung's DOCSIS 3.1 gateway and 4K client product lines.
News categories: Celeno, Samsung, Gilad Rozen, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, USA
Taiwan's CNS selects ARRIS set-tops with DOCSIS
Mar 23, 2017 – ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) has announced that China Network Systems (CNS) has selected ARRIS HMC4100 set-tops, with the ARRIS KreaTV application platform, to further enhance its digital video services.
News categories: ARRIS International, China Network Systems, Eduardo Fichmann, Henry Chang, Cable TV, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Set Top Box, Taiwan
Cisco makes available Full Duplex DOCSIS reference design
Aug 9, 2016 – To further industry advancement with Full Duplex DOCSIS technology, Cisco has unveiled a silicon reference design that it is contributing to the cable industry at large, which will enable fiber optic capacity over coaxial cable.
News categories: Cisco Systems, John Chapman, Jeff Finkelstein, Dr. Robert Howald, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Semiconductor, USA
9 million broadband subscribers with DOCSIS 3.1 by 2017
Jan 28, 2016 – ABI Research has forecast that there will be approximately 9 million broadband subscribers using DOCSIS 3.1 equipment by 2017, representing slightly more than 1% of total fixed broadband subscriptions worldwide.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Sam Rosen, Cable Modem, DOCSIS, Market Research, Subscribers, Worldwide
CableLabs certifies first DOCSIS 3.1 cable modems
Jan 13, 2016 – CableLabs has announced that five cable modem vendors have achieved the first DOCSIS 3.1 certifications. Newly certified products from Askey, Castlenet, Netgear, Technicolor and Ubee Interactive provide cable operators with critical components for a new generation of DOCSIS 3.1 services.
News categories: CableLabs, Phil McKinney, Neil Smit, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, USA
Broadpeak and ST offer solution to optimize live TV delivery
Jan 5, 2016 – Broadpeak is working with STMicroelectronics to improve live Adaptive Bitrate (ABR) television delivery, using a solution that consists of Broadpeak's nanoCDN multicast ABR technology and ST's DOCSIS 3.0 cable gateway design and Android application for STBs.
News categories: Broadpeak, STMicroelectronics, Jacques Le Mancq, Thomas Meyer, Cable TV, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Fiber-optic broadband CPE device shipments to increase 12% in 2015
Aug 13, 2015 – Worldwide broadband CPE shipments are expected to reach 153.6 million by the end of 2015. The DSL broadband device market will mainly be driven by upgrades to higher speed platforms, whilst cable companies are testing transmission using DOCSIS 3.1.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Khin Sandi Lynn, Broadband, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Market Research, Worldwide
MaxLinear announces Second Quarter 2015 results
Aug 10, 2015 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced results for the second quarter ended June 30, 2015 - the first quarterly results reflecting contribution from the acquisition of Entropic. Net revenue for the second quarter was $70.8 million.
News categories: MaxLinear, Kishore Seendripu, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, Gateway, LNB, Results, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics unveils DOCSIS 3.1 chipset
Aug 4, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced the STiD325 (codenamed Barcelona), its DOCSIS 3.1 chipset for Broadband CPE2 Cable Modems, embedded Media Terminal Adapters (eMTAs), and Gateways, as well as for Video Gateways alongside a set-top-box chipset.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Philippe Notton, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV