Terrestrial Digital TV (DTT, DTTV, DTV, DVB-T, DVB-T2, …) News
Freeview Play updates UX with launch of Freeview Explore
Jun 21, 2017 – Freeview has announced the launch of Freeview Explore. Freeview Explore will demo core functionality, deliver the latest news on the Freeview channel line-up and provide a showcase of the day’s best on-demand programmes from the UK’s leading broadcasters.
News categories: Freeview, Guy North, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
Niger discusses collaboration with Nigeria on digital switch over
Jun 12, 2017 – Nigeria and other ECOWAS Member Countries have agreed to adopt a Common Minimum Standard for Set-Top-Boxes in the Sub-Region, meaning that STBs manufactured in Nigeria can also be available for use in all the ECOWAS Countries.
News categories: National Broadcasting Commission, Digital TV, Niger, Nigeria, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
YouView developing voice controlled TV with Amazon
Jun 8, 2017 – YouView has announced plans for a pilot to enable a voice controlled TV experience for YouView viewers using Amazon Alexa. YouView are one of the first developers worldwide to work with the new Alexa Video Skill API.
News categories: YouView, Amazon, TalkTalk, Fani Sazaklidou, Fabrice Rousseau, Aleks Habdank, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK, UX
Univision joins ATSC 3.0 exploitation consortium
Jun 1, 2017 – Nexstar Media (NASDAQ: NXST) and Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) have announced that Univision Local Media is now a party to the MOU establishing a consortium to promote innovation and develop and explore products and services associated with ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair, Nexstar, Univision, Chris Ripley, Perry A. Sook, John Eck, ATSC, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Burkina Faso selects Eutelsat to speed DTT deployment
May 30, 2017 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has announced an agreement for satellite capacity with Société burkinabè de télédiffusion (SBT), the public agency deploying DTT channels across Burkina Faso. The contract is a major step in the drive to accelerate analogue switch-off in Burkina Faso.
News categories: Eutelsat, Société burkinabè de télédiffusion, Michel Azibert, Kadidia Savadogo, Burkina Faso, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Terrestrial
Hessischer Rundfunk selects ATEME for DVB-T2/OTT headend
May 23, 2017 – ATEME has announced that Hessischer Rundfunk, one of the ARD members, a public broadcaster in Germany, has deployed ATEME’s compression and statistical multiplexing solutions for its DVB-T2 and OTT services.
News categories: ATEME, Hessischer Rundfunk, SatService, Igor Stankovic, Jörg-Peter Jost, Kai Koppenburg, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, Terrestrial
Bridge Technologies monitors IP networks for TOT in Thailand
May 23, 2017 – Bridge Technologies has announced the successful deployment of Bridge Technologies’ award winning video services monitoring solution at TOT. Advanced Digital Tech (ADT) also played a key role in the project.
News categories: Bridge Technologies, TOT Public Company Limited, James Chance, Sarotphi Phiraphong, BroadcastAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, Thailand
České Radiokomunikace selects ATEME for DVB-T2 HEVC headend
May 16, 2017 – ATEME has announced that České Radiokomunikace (ČRA) has deployed ATEME's compression and statmux solutions for its DVB-T2 HEVC services. ČRA's headend uses ATEME's technology to deliver more than 15 channels in one DVB-T2 multiplex across the Czech Republic.
News categories: ATEME, České Radiokomunikace, Alexis Aubreton, Michal Bures, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
ZTE to provide DTMB broadcasting infrastructure for Pakistan's PTV
May 15, 2017 – ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has signed an agreement with Pakistan Television Corporation (PTV) for digital television services. Under the agreement, PTV will use ZTE’s technology to deliver digital TV based on the DTMB standard.
News categories: ZTE, Pakistan Television Corporation, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DTMB, Pakistan, Terrestrial
- GroupM revises 2017 UK advertising growth forecast down to 4.1% from 7%
- PeerLogix Partners with Neustar to propel OTT audience segmentation
- KDDI chooses Sigma Design's Z-Wave for Smart Home service
- Arianespace to launch Hellas Sat 3 and GSAT-17 on June 28
- Quality of OTT video streaming experience directly tied to viewer loyalty
- Pay TV firms to continue to dominate $126bn US video/TV market
- Blue Ridge Communications prepares for OTT video with SeaChange
- EBU urges EU policy makers to set out clear privacy rules for audience measurement
- Digisoft.tv unveil Playmigo, multiscreen made simple
- UK media and entertainment sector remains robust
- Freeview Play updates UX with launch of Freeview Explore
- Evolution Digital reaches eVUE-TV agreement with GCI
- Slovenia's Teleing adds catch up and multiscreen with UniqCast
- Time Warner to develop and produce Shows for Snapchat
- Samba TV raises $30 million in growth capital
- Zenith renews TV ratings agreement with Nielsen
- Adobe announces Adobe Advertising Cloud TV
- OTT driving Taiwan multichannel video
- Net Insight and Ericsson together offer end-to-end media contribution
- Global pay TV revenues climb by $32 billion