Terrestrial Digital TV (DTT, DTTV, DTV, DVB-T, DVB-T2, …) News
ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
Mar 19, 2018 – ENENSYS has announced that its ATSCheduler – ATSC3.0 Broadcast Gateway - was successfully used in the recent live Next Gen TV showcase by WRAL-TV, NBC Universal and NAB. The technology has also been deployed in several other US trials and by broadcasters in Korea.
News categories: ENENSYS, WRAL, Richard Lhermitte, Pete Sockett, Apps, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, NABShow, USA
One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV
Mar 15, 2018 – According to Parks Associates, the percentage of U.S. broadband households that use digital antennas in their home has steadily increased to reach 20% near the end of 2017, up from 16% in early 2015.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, Terrestrial, USA
WRAL-TV uses ATEME compression for ATSC 3.0 Winter Games transmission
Feb 22, 2018 – ATEME has announced that WRAL-TV has tested TITAN compression as part of public demonstrations of the ATSC 3.0 TV standard. The partners worked together to broadcast 4K ultra HD video using LDM technology and showcase new interactive applications.
News categories: ATEME, WRAL-TV, Walid Hamri, Jimmy Goodmon, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
37.2 million U.S. households to go broadband-only by 2022
Jan 31, 2018 – According to Kagan, U.S. broadband-only households are set to grow from 19.0 million in 2017 to 37.2 million by 2022. Those households will rely mostly on a combination of broadband and OTA broadcast signals for home video entertainment.
News categories: Kagan, Tony Lenoir, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers, Terrestrial, USA
Green Packet wins DTT STB contract with MYTV in Malaysia
Jan 23, 2018 – Green Packet has announced that it has entered into a contract with MYTV Broadcasting for the design, supply, assembly, testing and acceptance of DVB-T2 (T2000) set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Green Packet, MYTV Broadcasting, Digital TV, Malaysia, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
ATSC 3.0 SFN to be deployed in Dallas DMA
Jan 17, 2018 – Sinclair (Nasdaq: SBGI), Nexstar (Nasdaq: NXST) and Univision have reached an agreement with American Tower (NYSE: AMT) to jointly construct and operate Single Frequency Network (SFN) sites to broadcast ATSC 3.0 signals in the Dallas area.
News categories: Sinclair, American Tower, Univision, Nexstar, Chris Ripley, Steven Marshall, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
Jan 11, 2018 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that the company will jointly explore the development of an ATSC 3.0 platform with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its subsidiary ONE Media 3.0.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
60 million pay TV subscribers added globally between Q316 and Q317
Jan 11, 2018 – According to Q317 data published by Dataxis, 60 million pay TV subscribers have been added globally since Q316. Asia‐Pacific had the highest number of Pay TV subscribers accounting for 62% of the total in Q317.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Sinclair Broadcast and Imagine Communications collaborate on ATSC3.0 monetization
Jan 10, 2018 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) and Imagine Communications are working to develop an advertising management software platform to enable broadcasters to exploit the monetization opportunities of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Imagine Communications, Del Parks, Sarah Foss, Advertising, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
- ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
- Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
- Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
- Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
- Baidu and Skyworth to jointly build AI ecosystem for Smart Homes
- Turner consolidates international digital advertising activity
- One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV
- Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
- U.S. set-top box energy efficiency voluntary agreement extended
- SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service
- ATEME and CANAL+ extend partnership to include UHD premium services
- Traditional U.S. pay TV subscriptions down 3.7% in 2017
- TV ‘cord-cutting’ in Canada slows in 2017
- Live TV viewing has continued to decline among U.S. broadband households
- Marketing Evolution adds Smart TV data from Inscape
- HEVC Advance eliminates content distribution royalty fees
- NAGRA’s NexGuard watermarking passes ChinaDRM certification
- Citizens Fiber upgrades UX with MobiTV Connect
- VOD and SVOD services take root in France
- Vestel and Vewd add newest HbbTV standard to smart TV partnership