Terrestrial Digital TV (DTT, DTTV, DTV, DVB-T, DVB-T2, …) News
GatesAir TV transmission deal with Doordarshan expanded to Northern India
Nov 21, 2019 – GatesAir has received a TV transmission order from Doordarshan to strengthen analog UHF television coverage in the Jammu region. The transmitters allow Doordarshan to convert the transmitters to DVB-T2 or DVB-T2-Lite at any time.
News categories: GatesAir, Doordarshan, Rich Redmond, D P Singh, Content Distribution, India, Terrestrial
Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
Nov 13, 2019 – Fincons Group has announced that it will be showcasing its Smart Digital Platform at this year’s HbbTV Symposium and Awards in Athens. The solution is the first to be entirely compatible with both European HbbTV and U.S. ATSC 3.0 standards.
News categories: Fincons Group, Francesco Moretti, Oliver Botti, ATSC, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
Nov 12, 2019 – Czech Television (Ceska Televize) has gone live with Synamedia’s virtualized Digital Content Manager (DCM) and completed its transition to transmitting all programs in the DVB-T2 format.
News categories: Synamedia, Česká televize, LICA CZECH, Julien Signes, Michal Kratochvíl, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
Nov 12, 2019 – Viaccess-Orca (VO) has announced that the Malian Transmission and Broadcasting Corporation (SMTD) has chosen VO's cardless CAS to secure its DTT platform. Thomson Broadcast will manage the deployment of the DTT infrastructure.
News categories: Viaccess-Orca, SMTD, Arnaud Alvarez, Ismaila Togola, Content Distribution, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mali, Terrestrial
DTG publishes latest UK TV specifications in D-Book 12
Nov 1, 2019 – The DTG has published the latest version of the D-Book. Requirements that are no longer necessary have been removed from D-Book 12 to respond to the continual evolution of the DTT platform in the UK.
News categories: DTG, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
DNA Finland to close its terrestrial TV network
Oct 28, 2019 – DNA is to close its VHF frequency-based terrestrial network in 2020. The company will also relinguish its terrestrial network license. DNA will be focusing on cable and broadband distribution, continuing to offer TV services throughout Finland.
News categories: DNA, Pekka Väisänen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Finland, Terrestrial
Alticast partners with LowaSIS for ATSC 3.0 devices
Oct 22, 2019 – Alticast has announced that it has formed a partnership with LowaSIS aimed at helping broadcast customers seamlessly make the transition to ATSC 3.0. Alticast’s client-side software will be pre-integrated onto LowaSIS's dongles, set-top-boxes and home-gateways.
News categories: Alticast, LowaSIS, Guy Charbonneau, Yongsuk Kim, ATSC, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
Oct 17, 2019 – Triveni Digital has announced a partnership with ATBiS under which ATBiS will serve as the manufacturer of Triveni Digital's ATSC 3.0 Broadcast Gateway, enabling TV stations to make a smooth transition to the next-generation standard.
News categories: Triveni Digital, ATBiS, Ralph Bachofen, Mark Simpson, Sam Eom, ATSC, Content Distribution, Korea, Terrestrial, USA
Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
Oct 16, 2019 – Synamedia and Triveni Digital have announced a partnership to enable customers to seamlessly transition to ATSC 3.0. Also announced is a current deployment with a major U.S. television production company.
News categories: Triveni Digital, Synamedia, Mark Simpson, Julien Signes, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising
- 14.5 million Australians now paying TV subscriptions
- EE hosts 5G-powered multi-location augmented reality gig
- Four-fifths of broadcasters considering personalised ads
- 3Q 2019 TV shipments grow 16.8% QoQ owing to peak season
- Worldwide spending on AR/VR expected to reach $18.8bn in 2020
- 13.7 million EU citizens streaming unauthorised IPTV