Terrestrial Digital TV (DTT, DTTV, DTV, DVB-T, DVB-T2, …) News
SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
Jan 11, 2018 – SK Telecom (NYSE: SKM) has announced that the company will jointly explore the development of an ATSC 3.0 platform with Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) and its subsidiary ONE Media 3.0.
News categories: SK Telecom, Sinclair Broadcast, Park Jung-ho, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
60 million pay TV subscribers added globally between Q316 and Q317
Jan 11, 2018 – According to Q317 data published by Dataxis, 60 million pay TV subscribers have been added globally since Q316. Asia‐Pacific had the highest number of Pay TV subscribers accounting for 62% of the total in Q317.
News categories: Dataxis, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Sinclair Broadcast and Imagine Communications collaborate on ATSC3.0 monetization
Jan 10, 2018 – Sinclair Broadcast (Nasdaq: SBGI) and Imagine Communications are working to develop an advertising management software platform to enable broadcasters to exploit the monetization opportunities of ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sinclair Broadcast, Imagine Communications, Del Parks, Sarah Foss, Advertising, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
LG 4K UHD TVs in Korea include ATSC 3.0 tuners
Jan 10, 2018 – LG Electronics, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television broadcast standard, has confirmed that all LG 4K Ultra HD TVs now on the market in South Korea already incorporate ATSC 3.0 tuning circuitry.
News categories: LG Electronics, ATSC, Digital TV, Korea, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Geniatech and MaxLinear show ATSC TV home distribution system at CES2018
Jan 8, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that it will join with Geniatech at CES to showcase NetAerial, the first integrated live TV distribution system for the home network. The NetAerial unit combines a TV antenna, two ATSC TV tuners and a G.hn powerline network adapter.
News categories: MaxLinear, Geniatech, Will Torgerson, Mr. Fang, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Gateway, Powerline, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA
Pixelworks processor drives Hauppauge dual-tuner OTA streamer
Jan 8, 2018 – Pixelworks (NASDAQ:PXLW) has announced the Company’s XCode 5516 processor with advanced transcoding is the fundamental technology behind the OTA streaming in Hauppauge’s recently launched Cordcutter TV.
News categories: Pixelworks, Hauppauge, Anselmo Pilla, Ken Plotkin, ATSC, Cable TV, CES2018, Digital TV, Gateway, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA, Wireless
Pearl TV And Sony develop application environment for ATSC 3.0
Jan 5, 2018 – Pearl TV has announced a project with Sony to develop an on-screen TV program guide that will be responsive to consumer commands. The new channel navigation tool is part of the interactive content environment for ATSC 3.0.
News categories: Sony Electronics, Pearl TV, Mike Fasulo, Paul Hearty, Anne Schelle, Advertising, ATSC, CES2018, Digital TV, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, USA, UX
WheresMyMedia and VR Video bring VR to ATSC 3.0
Jan 5, 2018 – VR Video and WheresMyMedia have announced LiveWorks, a project to bring AR, VR and Live 360 Video to broadcast. ATSC 3.0 is paving the way for next-generation television services such as the LiveWorks broadcasting platform.
News categories: WheresMyMedia, VR Video, William Steele, Edwin Rogers, Sam Matheny, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA, VR
Verance Watermarking completes field trials on LG TVs
Jan 3, 2018 – Verance has announced that Verance Aspect, selected as a foundational component of the ATSC 3.0 transmission standard, has expanded to smart TV manufacturers with LG becoming the first to complete initial field tests.
News categories: Verance, LG, Nil Shah, Eric Anderson, ATSC, Digital TV, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA, Watermarking
- Correction in LCD TV panel demand expected in 1Q 2018
- fuboTV taps SpotX For monetization of OTT content
- Online video in MENA to grow more than 22% annually until 2021
- Growth in HD FTA channels at Eutelsat's 7/8°W neighbourhood
- Worldwide semiconductor revenue to grow 7.5% in 2018
- Fincons selected by Sky Deutschland as preferred supplier for OTT
- Marlin DRM announces Enhanced Content Protection for UHD content
- Pay TV competition biting in the MENA region
- Dentsu Aegis forecasts improved ad spend outlook for 2018
- Inview and Montage LZ offer joint STB middleware and chipset solution
- Partner Communications monitors OTT video quality with Interra Systems
- 8K display production to begin ramp-up in 2018
- SK Telecom, ONE Media, and Sinclair to develop ATSC 3.0 platform
- Stoneroos delivers set-top box UI for DELTA’s IPTV service
- Tru Optik launches OptOut.TV to give consumers OTT privacy controls
- 60 million pay TV subscribers added globally between Q316 and Q317
- Sinclair Broadcast and Imagine Communications collaborate on ATSC3.0 monetization
- Comcast expands home automation across its entire Xfinity portfolio
- LG 4K UHD TVs in Korea include ATSC 3.0 tuners
- DISH to work with the Google Assistant