Terrestrial Digital TV (DTT, DTTV, DTV, DVB-T, DVB-T2, …) News
Freeview UK adds on-demand content to its linear TV guide
Apr 26, 2018 – Freeview has launched its on-demand content showcase on Channel 100 for Freeview Play viewers. This is the first time the UK’s largest TV platform has integrated on-demand content into the linear TV guide.
News categories: Freeview UK, Guy North, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, UX
37 million pay TV subscribers for Sub-Saharan Africa in 2023
Apr 13, 2018 – Dataxis expects a steady rise in pay TV numbers for Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). Pay TV offers are forecasted to increase their reach in African homes with more than 37 million subscribers forecast for 2023.
News categories: Dataxis, Africa, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Com Hem and Boxer launch Android TV-based Tv Hub
Apr 12, 2018 – Com Hem has launched its Android TV-based platform Tv Hub, for both Com Hem and Boxer customers. The Tv Hub combines linear TV with play services in HDR and 4K quality. The Tv Hub was designed with partners such as Google, Technicolor and 3SS.
News categories: Com Hem, Jessica Andersson, Maria Ferreras, Marec-Nicholas Gasiun, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Sweden, Terrestrial
MaxLinear and Geniatech target live TV on mobile devices
Apr 11, 2018 – MaxLinear (NYSE:MXL) has announced that Geniatech has selected its MxL692 ATSC receiver to bring live digital television to Android mobile devices. The MxL692 is the industry’s first single-channel integrated ATSC receiver IC.
News categories: MaxLinear, Geniatech, Will Torgerson, Mr. Fang, ATSC, Digital TV, Multiscreen, NABShow, Semiconductor, Tablet, USA
Connekt and Verance partner to provide ATSC 3.0 advertising
Apr 10, 2018 – Connekt and Verance have partnered to develop the standard for interactive advertising formats to be delivered over the ATSC 3.0 standard. The effort will provide an end-to-end solution for networks, content owners and programmers.
News categories: Connekt, Verance, Mike Fitzsimmons, Eric Anderson, Advertising, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Watermarking
Global pay TV to gain 95 million subscribers
Apr 10, 2018 – Digital TV Research forecasts 95 million additional pay TV subscribers between 2017 and 2023 to take the global total to 1.10 billion. Based on forecasts for 138 countries, the number of pay TV subscribers passed 1 billion in 2017.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Africa, Asia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial, Worldwide
Phoenix ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' on-air with UniMás programming
Apr 9, 2018 – The first next-generation TV signal in the Phoenix Model Market is 'on the air,' with KFPH-CD Channel 35, owned by Univision Communications now transmitting UniMás network programming using the new ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Pearl TV, Univision, Anne Schelle, John Eck, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
DISH trials ATSC 3.0 as part of Spectrum Co's Dallas SFN project
Apr 8, 2018 – DISH has trialed the transmission and reception of the ATSC 3.0 standard as part of Spectrum Consortium's 'Next Gen' deployment project in Dallas. Using its 700 MHz E Block spectrum, DISH deployed on Spectrum Co.'s Garland SFN site.
News categories: DISH Network, Tom Cullen, John Hane, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
ATSC 3.0 compliant receiver system to debut at NAB Show
Apr 6, 2018 – BitRouter and Coherent Logix have collaborated to create one of the first ATSC 3.0 receiver systems to support the entire protocol stack as defined by the new digital television compliancy standards.
News categories: Coherent Logix, BitRouter, Michael Doerr, Gopal Miglani, ATSC, Digital TV, Middleware, NABShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
- Video streaming outperforms subscription TV in customer satisfaction in the U.S.
- Tremor Video DSP and Cuebiq partner for geo-behavioral targeting on connected TV
- XUMO viewing data added to Nielsen's Digital Content Ratings
- Accenture provides video platform for Turner’s OTT products
- Tunity launches analytics division to measure OOH TV audience
- ATEME enables Swisscom’s MediaCloud video headend
- Oregan launches middleware for legacy Linux STBs and Android TV
- Brightcove launches OTT Flow X, powered by Accedo
- More than 50% of U.S. broadband households own a smart TV
- Sky announces new Innovation Centre in latest phase of campus development
- Amino Launches 'Operation Upcycle'
- U.S. legacy multichannel subscriptions remain under pressure
- Anevia helps Vietnam's VTC to launch OTT service
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~305,000 subscribers in 1Q 2018
- Syncbak launches SBTV OTT platform for local broadcasters
- Amazon dominates U.S. Direct-to-Consumer TV network subscriptions
- Gracenote launches data solution for device manufacturers offering live TV streaming
- PeerLogix OTT data now available through leading demand-side platform
- BT TV to include the Amazon Prime Video app
- Netflix to reach 201 million subscribers by 2023