LG Innotek adopts AltoBeam demodulator for DTV NIM
Apr 1, 2016 – AltoBeam has announced that, LG Innotek (LGIT) has selected AltoBeam's ATBM7823 demodulator chip, for LGIT's DVB-T2/T/C2/C/S2X/S2/S hybrid digital and analogue TV tuner module, the TDJN Series NIM.
News categories: AltoBeam, LG Innotek, Dr. Steve Chaohuang Zeng, Gil-Sang Park, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, Satellite, Semiconductor, Terrestrial, Worldwide
DVB Steering Board Ratifies GSE-LITE Specification
Nov 20, 2013 – The DVB Steering Board has retified its new DVB-GSE-Lite specification. The DVB-GSE protocol allows for efficient encapsulation of IP and other network layer packets over the second generation DVB physical layer specifications.
News categories: DVB Project, Peter Siebert, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2
Silicon Labs introduces world’s most advanced DVB demodulators for TVs and Set-Top Boxes
Sep 23, 2013 – Silicon Labs (NASDAQ: SLAB) has introduced a new family of universal DVB demodulators that support the latest worldwide DVB standards for cable, terrestrial and satellite reception, designed to simplify the design of video front-ends for IDTVs and set-top boxes.
News categories: Silicon Labs, James Stansberry, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, DVB-S2, DVB-T2, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Kabel Deutschland begins DVB-C2 trials in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich
Jun 5, 2013 – Kabel Deutschland has announced that it has launched a DVB-C2 pilot service in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich. The modulation used in the trial has a 46% higher spectral efficiency than DVB-C, allowing improved services to be offered at the same signal level.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, ANGA, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Germany, Infrastructure, Set Top Box
Finland's DNA Welho to test DVB-C2 technology
Sep 10, 2012 – DNA has commenced field tests of second-generation digital cable transmission technology, in cooperation with Teleste. Future capacity-intensive services will benefit from DVB-C2 significantly, but no decision to deploy the technology has yet been made.
News categories: DNA Oy, Teleste, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Finland
Sisvel Advances Toward Formation of DVB-C2 Patent Pool
Sep 7, 2012 – Sisvel has announced that it has been coordinating meetings among owners of patents essential to the DVB-C2 standard for the purpose of creating a patent pool to offer licenses under their combined portfolio of patents.
News categories: Sisvel, Cable TV, DVB-C2, IBCShow, Licensing, Patent
DVB at ANGA Cable 2012
May 30, 2012 – At this year's ANGA Cable, DVB will be exhibiting with ANGA. There will be a DVB-T2 demo received on a Vestel iDTV and Vestel set-top box and a DVB-C2 cable transmission received on a Sony DVB-C2 iDTV and DVB-C2 evaluation board.
News categories: DVB Project, ANGA, Cable TV, DVB-C2, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ARRIS to Display DVB-C2 Broadcast at Cable Congress 2012
Feb 15, 2012 – ARRIS (Nasdaq: ARRS) has announced its participation at this year's Cable Congress. ARRIS will present a live demonstration of how the ARRIS D5® Universal Edge QAM can support DVB-C2 broadcast and VOD in conjunction with Kabel Deutschland and Sony.
News categories: ARRIS Group, Cable TV, DVB-C2, Infrastructure
Sony Commercializes World's First Demodulator LSI For DVB-C2
Sep 12, 2011 – Sony (Tokyo: 6758; NYSE: SNE) has announced the commercialization of the world's first demodulator LSI conforming to the DVB-C2 digital cable TV broadcast standard.
News categories: Sony Corp, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Ericsson expands DVR services for VTR Chile and Liberty Puerto Rico
- GatesAir announces TV transmitter deals in Vietnam
- ARRIS Whole Home Solution becomes Espial Elevate
- U.S. pay TV penetration returns to the level of 2005
- Freeview Play spec adds HEVC and Ultra HD via broadband
- Conditional Access market to exhibit CAGR of 9.1% to 2025
- Asiasat to provide 4K content from XTreme Video on AsiaSat 4
- Orange experiments with virtual reality
- comScore partners with DEG for digital industry reporting
- Four companies control half of Western Europe’s pay TV subs
- Liberty Global and CableLabs join MulteFire Alliance
- Intigral selects Broadpeak CDN for video distribution platform
- SVoD spending in Western Europe passed €2 billion in 2015
- Successful 360° world premiere in Germany
- Adobe is launch partner for Conviva multiscreen QoE metrics
- Samsung releases open source HbbTV media player
- Five global companies capture 50% of OTT revenue
- Canada's VMedia launches live TV on Roku TVs and players
- Reliance Big TV subscribers still at 5.0 million
- Are slimmed-down TV packages the answer to cord cutting?