DVB-H (DVB-Handheld) Mobile TV (MDTV) News
Dedicated Mobile TV Networks Face Uncertain Future
Aug 3, 2010 – A Juniper Research study has found that disappointing adoption levels of mobile TV services, allied to competition from streamed mobile services and mobile reception of free-to-air terrestrial TV, has lead to growing disillusionment within the industry.
News categories: Juniper Research, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, T-DMB
WiFi to bring mobile TV to the masses
Jul 6, 2010 – A report published by Juniper Research has found that a surge in applications which can take advantage of the increasing availability of free WiFi services are set to boost the mobile TV industry with anticipated revenues of nearly $7bn by 2015.
News categories: Juniper Research, Broadband, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT
Omer Telecom to offer DVB-H mobile TV in France
Apr 22, 2010 – Omer Telecom is planning to launch mobile TV under the Virgin Mobile brand which it operates in France. The service will use a DVB-H multiplex network provided by TDF.
News categories: Virgin Mobile, TDF, Digital TV, DVB-H, France, Multiscreen
CSA authorises 16 DVB-H channels for France
Apr 9, 2010 – France's CSA has issued broadcasting licences to 13 private channels that it has selected following a call for applications to provide mobile TV (TMP). It has also granted licences to three public channels selected by the Government.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Digital TV, DVB-H, France, Multiscreen, Regulation
Swisscom to discontinue DVB-H mobile TV service
Mar 23, 2010 – Roughly 80 days before the World Cup, Swisscom TV air is bringing TV to your mobile and computer. Following the launch of the new TV offering, Swisscom will be discontinuing its DVB-H service for residential customers.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, DVB-H, Multiscreen, OTT, PC Video, Switzerland
CogniVue Announces CV220X Family of Image Cognition Processors
Mar 18, 2010 – CogniVue Corporation has announced the CV220X series of Image Cognition Processors (ICPs) for use in a broad range of automotive vision application systems, IP video surveillance and monitoring and mobile TV applications.
News categories: CogniVue, ATSC Mobile DTV, DVB-H, ICs, In-Car, Multiscreen, Semiconductor
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, ATSC Mobile DTV, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, CMMB, Colombia, Czech Republic, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, ISDB, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, One-Seg, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, S-DMB, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, T-DMB, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
Nagravision Demonstrates Streaming Mobile TV & VOD Content Protection at Mobile World Congress
Feb 15, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.VX) is demonstrating innovative Mobile TV solutions dedicated to the secured streaming of Mobile TV, Catch-up TV and VOD over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks at the Mobile World Congress.
News categories: Nagravision, CMMB, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DVB-H, LTE, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, MWC, Smart card / CAM
Mobily test-fires DVB-H broadcast of 8 satellite channels
Dec 22, 2009 – Etihad Etisalat (Mobily) is testing its upcoming DVB-H service. The company is trying out broadcasting eight popular satellite TV channels in Jeddah, in a joint trial with the Ministry of Culture and Information of the infant service.
News categories: Mobily, Digital TV, DVB-H, Multiscreen, Saudi Arabia
- 27% of U.S. broadband households own a streaming media device
- ENENSYS enables DTT content transmission for Mexico's Televisa
- TWC has first quarter of positive video net additions since 2009
- STMicroelectronics Reports 2015 First Quarter Financial Results
- SoftAtHome software to be integrated with Marvell’s ARMADA 1500 SoC
- SENSIO 3D VOD service coming to Samsung Smart TV
- France Télévisions optimizes its catch-up TV service with Arkena
- Linear TV via satellite to remain robust in face of OTT threat
- Strong growth ahead for Latin America Satcom market
- Orange TV Stick powered by Espial HTML5 client
- Minerva demonstrates integration with Oregan STB Client
- Netgem upgrades EE TV software
- Airtel adds 263,324 Digital TV subscribers in 1Q 2015
- Marvell partners with Celeno on wireless video
- Broadcom first with NAGRA NOCS3 certification for Ultra HD
- Kannuu content discovery to be integrated with Frog by Wyplay
- Arabsat TV launches OTT service with Globecast
- KPN developing 'Play by KPN' OTT TV app
- Mobica joins Frog by Wyplay
- iWedia ports its ANDROID4TV to Lollipop and Android TV