DVB-H (DVB-Handheld) Mobile TV (MDTV) News
Dedicated Mobile TV Networks Face Uncertain Future
Aug 3, 2010 – A Juniper Research study has found that disappointing adoption levels of mobile TV services, allied to competition from streamed mobile services and mobile reception of free-to-air terrestrial TV, has lead to growing disillusionment within the industry.
News categories: Juniper Research, 5G, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, Market Research, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, T-DMB
WiFi to bring mobile TV to the masses
Jul 6, 2010 – A report published by Juniper Research has found that a surge in applications which can take advantage of the increasing availability of free WiFi services are set to boost the mobile TV industry with anticipated revenues of nearly $7bn by 2015.
News categories: Juniper Research, 5G, Broadband, Digital TV, DVB-H, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT
Omer Telecom to offer DVB-H mobile TV in France
Apr 22, 2010 – Omer Telecom is planning to launch mobile TV under the Virgin Mobile brand which it operates in France. The service will use a DVB-H multiplex network provided by TDF.
News categories: Virgin Mobile, TDF, Digital TV, DVB-H, France, Multiscreen
CSA authorises 16 DVB-H channels for France
Apr 9, 2010 – France's CSA has issued broadcasting licences to 13 private channels that it has selected following a call for applications to provide mobile TV (TMP). It has also granted licences to three public channels selected by the Government.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Digital TV, DVB-H, France, Multiscreen, Regulation
Swisscom to discontinue DVB-H mobile TV service
Mar 23, 2010 – Roughly 80 days before the World Cup, Swisscom TV air is bringing TV to your mobile and computer. Following the launch of the new TV offering, Swisscom will be discontinuing its DVB-H service for residential customers.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, DVB-H, Multiscreen, OTT, PC Video, Switzerland
CogniVue Announces CV220X Family of Image Cognition Processors
Mar 18, 2010 – CogniVue Corporation has announced the CV220X series of Image Cognition Processors (ICPs) for use in a broad range of automotive vision application systems, IP video surveillance and monitoring and mobile TV applications.
News categories: CogniVue, ATSC Mobile DTV, DVB-H, ICs, In-Car, Multiscreen, Semiconductor
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, ATSC Mobile DTV, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, CMMB, Colombia, Czech Republic, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, ISDB, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, One-Seg, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, S-DMB, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, T-DMB, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
Nagravision Demonstrates Streaming Mobile TV & VOD Content Protection at Mobile World Congress
Feb 15, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.VX) is demonstrating innovative Mobile TV solutions dedicated to the secured streaming of Mobile TV, Catch-up TV and VOD over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks at the Mobile World Congress.
News categories: Nagravision, 5G, CAM, CMMB, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DVB-H, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, MWC17
Mobily test-fires DVB-H broadcast of 8 satellite channels
Dec 22, 2009 – Etihad Etisalat (Mobily) is testing its upcoming DVB-H service. The company is trying out broadcasting eight popular satellite TV channels in Jeddah, in a joint trial with the Ministry of Culture and Information of the infant service.
News categories: Mobily, Digital TV, DVB-H, Multiscreen, Saudi Arabia
- Nearly 5 million in France watch TV on a second screen each day
- Fiji selects EUTELSAT 172B to provide universal TV access
- Médiamétrie releases survey of SVOD market in France
- Netflix and Deutsche Telekom strike international partnership
- HbbTV and RadioDNS start HbbTV application discovery service
- Witbe and Divitel offer QoE management in Benelux & DACH
- Espial Elevate introduces Amazon Alexa voice support
- U.S. DOJ challenges AT&T/DIRECTV acquisition of Time Warner
- China and North America TV shipments fall sharply in Q3 2017
- NexPlayer HTML5 player now compatible with Conviva QoE platform
- Marvell and Cavium to combine
- Deutsche Telekom, Vodafone and Telefónica top telcos in Europe
- TV Plus DTH renews contract to use Intelsat 19
- RSCRYPTO announces availability on Mstar chips
- ATP expands partnership with Amazon Prime Video
- U.S. multichannel subscriber losses top 1 million in 3Q 2017
- Sinclair Broadcast and ONE Media set for ATSC 3.0 deployment
- FCC authorizes ATSC 3.0 transmission standard
- ADB wins new project with Melita in Malta
- black launches HD smart box in South Africa