DVB-H (DVB-Handheld) Mobile TV (MDTV) News
Dedicated Mobile TV Networks Face Uncertain Future
Aug 3, 2010 – A Juniper Research study has found that disappointing adoption levels of mobile TV services, allied to competition from streamed mobile services and mobile reception of free-to-air terrestrial TV, has lead to growing disillusionment within the industry.
News categories: Juniper Research, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, T-DMB
WiFi to bring mobile TV to the masses
Jul 6, 2010 – A report published by Juniper Research has found that a surge in applications which can take advantage of the increasing availability of free WiFi services are set to boost the mobile TV industry with anticipated revenues of nearly $7bn by 2015.
News categories: Juniper Research, Broadband, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT
Omer Telecom to offer DVB-H mobile TV in France
Apr 22, 2010 – Omer Telecom is planning to launch mobile TV under the Virgin Mobile brand which it operates in France. The service will use a DVB-H multiplex network provided by TDF.
News categories: Virgin Mobile, TDF, Digital TV, DVB-H, France, Multiscreen
CSA authorises 16 DVB-H channels for France
Apr 9, 2010 – France's CSA has issued broadcasting licences to 13 private channels that it has selected following a call for applications to provide mobile TV (TMP). It has also granted licences to three public channels selected by the Government.
News categories: Conseil supérieur de l'audiovisuel, Digital TV, DVB-H, France, Multiscreen, Regulation
Swisscom to discontinue DVB-H mobile TV service
Mar 23, 2010 – Roughly 80 days before the World Cup, Swisscom TV air is bringing TV to your mobile and computer. Following the launch of the new TV offering, Swisscom will be discontinuing its DVB-H service for residential customers.
News categories: Swisscom, Digital TV, DVB-H, Multiscreen, OTT, PC Video, Switzerland
CogniVue Announces CV220X Family of Image Cognition Processors
Mar 18, 2010 – CogniVue Corporation has announced the CV220X series of Image Cognition Processors (ICPs) for use in a broad range of automotive vision application systems, IP video surveillance and monitoring and mobile TV applications.
News categories: CogniVue, ATSC Mobile DTV, DVB-H, ICs, In-Car, Multiscreen, Semiconductor
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, ATSC Mobile DTV, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, CMMB, Colombia, Czech Republic, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, ISDB, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, One-Seg, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, S-DMB, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, T-DMB, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
Nagravision Demonstrates Streaming Mobile TV & VOD Content Protection at Mobile World Congress
Feb 15, 2010 – Nagravision (SIX:KUD.VX) is demonstrating innovative Mobile TV solutions dedicated to the secured streaming of Mobile TV, Catch-up TV and VOD over 3G/4G and Wi-Fi networks at the Mobile World Congress.
News categories: Nagravision, CMMB, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DVB-H, LTE, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, MWC, Smart card / CAM
Mobily test-fires DVB-H broadcast of 8 satellite channels
Dec 22, 2009 – Etihad Etisalat (Mobily) is testing its upcoming DVB-H service. The company is trying out broadcasting eight popular satellite TV channels in Jeddah, in a joint trial with the Ministry of Culture and Information of the infant service.
News categories: Mobily, Digital TV, DVB-H, Multiscreen, Saudi Arabia
- Russia's Express-AM8 satellite starts broadcasting
- Espial contributes HLS and DASH software to the RDK
- ACCESS NetFront Browser powers Pixsan Universal Television Kit
- Actions Semi impacted by China's new OTT STB policy
- EVIO Polska selects ABOX42 SmartSTB for fibre TV
- Mexico adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2015
- PEMRA shortlists 8 companies in DTH licence tender
- 221 million connected TV devices to ship this year
- EMEA UHF spectrum to remain with DTT until at least 2023
- SkyVision launches satellite TV platforms for Africa
- 4K TVs to reach 23% market penetration in 2016
- PS4 sales surpass 30.2 million units worldwide
- Mariner xVu now monitoring over 30 million devices
- Venezuela's Pay TV subscribers up 146,000 in 2Q 2015
- Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in Ukraine
- O2 Czech Republic introduces OTT set-top box
- 57% of Western European households own at least one connected CE device
- Active DTH subscribers in India fell 1.41 million in 2Q 2015
- V-Nova powers Real Madrid vs. Barcelona UltraHD broadcast
- FLIX.TV acquires satellite broadcasting licence in the Czech Republic