Rohde & Schwarz facilitates Australian DVB-T2 trials
Aug 9, 2018 – In cooperation with Free TV, ABC and SBS, Broadcast Australia recently conducted DVB-T2 trials in the Sydney area. Rohde & Schwarz supplied transmitters, retransmitters and test equipment for the testing phase.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Broadcast Australia, Peter Lambourne, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Techtel installs new DVB-T2 transmitter in Papua New Guinea
Jul 10, 2018 – Techtel has commissioned a transmitter system for digital terrestrial TV in Papua New Guinea for a local service provider, enabling the delivery of more than 30 additional services in Port Moresby via two newly added transport streams.
News categories: Techtel, Egatel, Mal Chandler, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Melanesia, Terrestrial
DTG releases D-Book 10 Conformance Test Suites
Jun 29, 2018 – D-Book 10 conformance Test Suites are now available. The first addition to the Test Suites is Linear Services tests for testing HEVC at HD and UHD resolution. A second addition is Option 12 signalling included in the UK SI DVB-T2 test suite.
News categories: DTG Testing, Ian Medland, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK
ENENSYS provides re-broadcast solution for DVB-T2 trials in Sydney
Jun 6, 2018 – ENENSYS has announced that it has provided its T2Gateway and DTTCaster products to enable Broadcast Australia / Free TV trials of next-generation broadcast technology in Sydney. The trial is assessing the performance of DVB-T2 in the Australian environment.
News categories: ENENSYS, Broadcast Australia, Colin Prior, Stephen Farrugia, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
Free TV and Broadcast Australia partner for DVB-T2 trials
Mar 21, 2018 – Free TV and Broadcast Australia have announced that they had agreed to conduct trials of next generation broadcast technology in Sydney. The SBS and the ABC will also be active participants in the trials.
News categories: Free TV, Broadcast Australia, Bridget Fair, Peter Lambourne, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
DVB-T2 households forecasted to reach 72% by 2022 in Europe
Dec 12, 2017 – Dataxis’ latest research sheds light on the importance that DVB‐T2, the extension of the television standard DVB‐T, will acquire in the coming years. It has become the widespread standard and is being rolled out to replace DVB‐T in many parts of the world.
News categories: Dataxis, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Europe, Market Research, Terrestrial
ZDF relies on Rohde & Schwarz and the Fraunhofer HHI for DVB-T2 transition
Jul 5, 2017 – ZDF, the largest public broadcaster in Germany, has selected the R&S AVHE100 encoding and multiplexing solution from Rohde & Schwarz with HEVC technology from the Fraunhofer HHI for its headend implementation.
News categories: Rohde & Schwarz, Fraunhofer HHI, ZDF, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Germany, Terrestrial
České Radiokomunikace selects ATEME for DVB-T2 HEVC headend
May 16, 2017 – ATEME has announced that České Radiokomunikace (ČRA) has deployed ATEME's compression and statmux solutions for its DVB-T2 HEVC services. ČRA's headend uses ATEME's technology to deliver more than 15 channels in one DVB-T2 multiplex across the Czech Republic.
News categories: ATEME, České Radiokomunikace, Alexis Aubreton, Michal Bures, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
Vietnam's VNPT sells more than 100,000 DTT receivers in first 3 months
Mar 27, 2017 – In only the first 3 months, more than 100,000 terrestrial television receivers (DVB-T2) produced by VNPT have been sold in the Vietnam market. VNPT's DVB-T2 boxes are being widely used by domestic users.
News categories: VNPT, VNPT Technology, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Market Research, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, Vietnam
- Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
- Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released
- 2019 predictions from Openwave Mobility
- EU agrees rules to facilitate access to online TV across borders
- 28% of U.S. smart speaker owners use it to control a smart home device
- Consumer IoT to be worth $6.6bn for telcos
- Viaccess-Orca to power Guigo TV live OTT service in Brazil
- Turkcell chooses Metrological to provide TV+ app store
- Wyplay source code powers Telefónica IPTV in Argentina
- EU to investigate acquisition by Vodafone of Liberty Global businesses
- Verizon begins Fios TV One rollout
- Vubiquity and Discover Digital launch VOD with TelOne Zimbabwe
- Telefonica Spain upgrades Movistar+ UI to add Netflix
- Go See TV and Flowplayer launch Shoppable Content Player
- Nordija wins IPTV contract from US fibre operator Ting
- Deutsche Telekom and MediaKind first to stream 6K tiled 360° live sport
- Shanghai sees world's first 4K UHD live broadcast via 5G network slicing
- Freeview NZ PVR combines Freeview features with streaming apps
- Mirada wins contract with Skytel in Mongolia
- 7Park Data tracks path from SVOD viewing to buying on Amazon.com