Ecuador (Equador) Digital TV News
Univisa to launch DTH TV in Ecuador with Hansen Technologies
Sep 12, 2014 – Hansen Technologies (ASX: HSN) has announced that Univisa has signed a 5-year license agreement to use Hansen’s ICC Customer Care and Billing Solution for its soon-to-be-launched Direct-To-Home (DTH) pay TV operation in Ecuador.
News categories: Univisa, Hansen Technologies, Roberto De la Cruz, Andrew Hansen, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite
In Latin America 51% of cable TV subscribers are digital
Sep 12, 2014 – BB-MEDIA Business Bureau has produced indices of the rate of conversion to digital of pay TV operators in Latin America. Overall little more than half of subscribers to cable TV have a digital service.
News categories: Business Bureau, Horacio Gennari, Christian Peralta, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Cable TV, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Latin America, Market Research, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Peru, Puerto Rico, Subscribers, Uruguay, Venezuela
Ecuavisa launches HD DTT with ATEME
Aug 26, 2014 – ATEME has announced that Ecuavisa, the leading free-to-air broadcaster in Ecuador, has selected ATEME's Kyrion encoders to launch its high-definition digital terrestrial service.
News categories: ATEME, Ecuavisa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Ecuador, Terrestrial
DIRECTV leads Ecuador's pay TV market in 2Q 2014
Aug 19, 2014 – Ecuador’s Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has released pay TV statistics for the top 10 pay TV operators in the country to the end of June 2014. DIRECTV's satellite service had the largest subscriber share at 35%.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Satellite, Subscribers
DIRECTV US down 34,000 subscribers; DTVLA up 543,000 in 2Q 2014
Jul 31, 2014 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has reported second quarter 2014 results. DIRECTV U.S. net subscriber loss was 34 thousand. Sky Brasil and PanAmericana achieved record-breaking gross subscriber additions resulting in DTVLA net customer additions of 543,000.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Sky Mexico, Sky Brasil, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Digital TV, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
Ecuador's CNT TV ends June with 228,188 subscribers
Jul 11, 2014 – Ecuador's Corporación Nacional de Telecomunicaciones (CNT) has said that it ended June with 228,188 subscribers to its CNT TV service. The service, which launched two and a half years ago now has 18% of the market.
News categories: CNT, Ecuador, Satellite, Subscribers
Ecuador pay TV subscribers pass the 1 million mark in 1Q 2014
Jun 3, 2014 – Ecuador’s Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has released pay TV statistics for the country at the end of March 2014. There were 1,040,200 subscribers in the Republic at that date.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Cable TV, Ecuador, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
DIRECTV US adds 12,000 subscribers; DTVLA adds 361,000 in 1Q 2014
May 6, 2014 – DIRECTV (NASDAQ:DTV) has reported first quarter 2014 results. DIRECTV U.S. net subscriber additions at 12,000 were lower than the prior year period. DTVLA net additions of 361,000 were also lower than the prior year.
News categories: DIRECTV, DIRECTV Latin America, Sky Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Caribbean, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Latin America, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Uruguay, USA, Venezuela
Ecuador adds 443 thousand pay TV subscribers in 2013
Mar 5, 2014 – Ecuador’s Superintendencia de Telecomunicaciones (SUPERTEL) has released pay TV statistics for the country at the end of December 2013. There were 944 thousand subscribers in the Republic at that date, up from 501 thousand at the end of 2012.
News categories: SUPERTEL, Cable TV, Digital TV, Ecuador, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Vodafone Portugal enhances the TV user experience
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019