Estonia Digital TV News
TeliaSonera reports 3Q 2015 results
Oct 20, 2015 – TeliaSonera has released its Interim Report for the January–September 2015 period. The total number of TV subscribers for the Group increased by 17 thousand in the third quarter to pass 1.6 million.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
EU seeks views on Europe's audiovisual media rules
Jul 6, 2015 – The European Commission has announced a public consultation on the current framework regulating Europe's audiovisual media landscape. The consultation seeks feedback from stakeholders (market players, public organisations, consumer organisations) but also from viewers themselves.
News categories: European Commission, Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cable TV, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, EU, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, IPTV, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Mobile, Netherlands, OTT, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Terrestrial, UK
Levira launches HbbTV service in Estonia
Mar 13, 2015 – Estonian digital television operator Levira has started hybrid-TV services on their Freeview “TasutaTV” terrestrial TV platform. The hybrid services and platform have been developed together with Sofia Digital.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Levira, Ari Pöyhtäri, Mart Einpalu, Digital TV, Estonia, HbbTV, Terrestrial
EMT/Elion launches minuTV OTT TV in Estonia
Nov 21, 2014 – EMT/Elion has announced the trial launch of minuTV, an OTT video-on-demand service open to everyone in Estonia with an internet connection. The service is accessible via Android, iOS, Mac, Windows and Linux-based platforms.
News categories: Elion, minuTV, Apps, Digital TV, Estonia, OTT, TV Everywhere
Estonia's Starman launches TV Everywhere service
Aug 26, 2014 – Estonian cable television company, Starman, has announced the launch of it TV Everywhere (TVE) service. The service offers 20 TV channels and is available on smartphones and tablets as well as the company's STARbox set-top box.
News categories: Starman, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
TeliaSonera adds 97,000 TV subscribers in 2013
Jan 30, 2014 – TeliaSonera has released its year-end report for the January-December 2013 period. The total number of TV subscriptions increased by 97,000 from the end of the fourth quarter of 2012 to 1.4 million.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
TeliaSonera reports for the January-March 2013 period
Apr 19, 2013 – TeliaSonera has released its interim report for the January-March 2013 period. The total number of TV subscriptions rose by 131,000 from the first quarter of 2012. Adjusted for the divestment of NextGenTel, the number of subscriptions increased by 29,000 during the quarter.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
TeliaSonera adds 155,000 TV subscribers in 2012
Jan 31, 2013 – Teliasonera has released its year-end report for the January-December 2012 period. The total number of TV subscriptions increased by 155,000 from the fourth quarter of 2011 and by 43,000 during the quarter to 1.3 million.
News categories: TeliaSonera, Cable TV, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, IPTV, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Results, Subscribers, Sweden
TeliaSonera and Samsung launch IPTV for Smart TV - eliminating the set-top box
Aug 30, 2012 – TeliaSonera (Stockholm: TLSN) and Samsung (Seoul: 005930) have started a collaboration to develop a Smart TV solution that will allow existing IPTV without the need for an external set-top-box, with full support for key linear, catch-up and on-demand features.
News categories: Samsung, TeliaSonera, Elion, Digital TV, Estonia, Finland, IFA2020, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Sweden
- WarnerMedia announces further launch partners for HBO Max
- Tru Optik offers cross-device OTT measurement for free
- Bloomberg TV+ 4K UHD channel launches on Samsung TV Plus
- LG transfers TV manufacturing capacity to Indonesia
- Nordija delivers TV and media platform for Telenor Sweden
- Telestream integrates Ad-ID validation to ensure correct ad placement
- AT&T closes DIRECTV Latin America operations in Venezuela
- IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
- A1 Slovenia launches personalized TV with Zappware
- Astro Malaysia makes Ultra Box available to IPTV customers
- COSMOTE TV deploys private CDN with Synamedia
- 67% of US broadband households using at least one connected video device
- FCC to vote on plan to clear the way for ATSC 3.0 internet services
- Eros Now enters Bangladesh in partnership with Allianz Holdings
- Global OTT revenues to reach $167 billion in 2025
- U.S. sees largest first quarter multichannel subscriptions decline to-date
- COVID-19 to have limited impact on telecoms and pay TV spending in 2020
- UK SVOD market to grow 100% over next five years
- 8.2% growth in Smart Speaker sales in Q1 2020 despite COVID-19
- Over half of Americans feel voice control is essential in smart devices