EU (European Union) Digital TV News
Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
Sep 21, 2020 – Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) has announced that it has expanded its TV measurement footprint with Samba TV. The launch of international Smart TV measurement capabilities will begin in select European markets.
News categories: Comscore, Samba TV, Bill Livek, Ashwin Navin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Italy, OTT, Smart TV, Sweden
Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
Sep 21, 2020 – Irdeto has announced a conditional access renewal agreement with Forthnet which includes Irdeto’s Advance Protection Services (APS). APS provides global monitoring for piracy, enhanced security planning and access to secure chipsets.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Shane McCarthy, Constantinos Kalavas, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
Sep 21, 2020 – The Strategy Committee of HoldCo and the Board of Directors of iliad have approved the launch of a public tender offer for all of the shares making up the capital of the Polish telecom operator, Play.
News categories: iliad, Play, Thomas Reynaud, Jean-Marc Harion, Digital TV, IPTV, MnA, Poland
Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
Sep 16, 2020 – Telefónica has launched 'Telefónica Activation Programme: Living Apps', aimed at startups that wish to take advantage of Telefónica’s TV platform, Movistar+, to develop digital home experiences for the company's customers.
News categories: Telefónica, Irene Gómez, Digital TV, Spain
Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
Sep 16, 2020 – According to Anacom, in Portugal in the first half of 2020, around 89.3% of households had pay TV, 3.3 percentage points more than the previous year. The number of subscribers was 4.15 million, up 165,000 (+4.1%) year-on-year.
News categories: Anacom, Digital TV, Market Research, Portugal, Subscribers
ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
Sep 15, 2020 – ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC, VIACA) has unveiled 'Paramount+' as the brand name for the company’s upcoming global streaming service. CBS All Access will be rebranded as Paramount+ in early 2021 as part of the service expansion.
News categories: ViacomCBS, Bob Bakish, Marc DeBevoise, Australia, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Latin America, Norway, OTT, Sweden, USA
TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
Sep 15, 2020 – Catalonia's TV3 is to trial a 5G immersive sport experience at the MOTUL FIM Superbike World Championship (WorldSBK), due to take place at Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya from the 18th to 20th of September.
News categories: TV3, Guttmann Institute, IRI-UPC, Kataclack, Vodafone, 5G, Digital TV, Spain, VR
Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
Sep 15, 2020 – A TV screen is still the most popular choice for keeping up with the content in paid streaming services, according to DNA’s Digital Lifestyle survey. The TV is still the most common viewing device in the home.
News categories: DNA, Mervi Rouvinen, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box
Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
Sep 15, 2020 – 3 Screen Solutions (3SS) has announced that Proximus Pickx, an IPTV+OTT TV offering from Belgium's Proximus, has gone live on an Android TV Operator Tier STB. The service replaces Proximus’ legacy AOSP-based TV offering.
News categories: 3SS, Proximus, Kai-Christian Borchers, Jim Casteele, Advertising, Android TV, Belgium, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, UX
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV
- Sluggish growth expected for pay TV in India
- Vubiquity secures content services agreement with Liberty Global
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution