EU (European Union) Digital TV News
Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
Jan 17, 2019 – The Euskaltel Group has become the first operator in Spain to add Amazon Prime Video to its 4K Android TV decoders. The company is adding this feature to its service offering as a result of an agreement with Amazon.
News categories: Euskaltel, Prime Video, Francisco Arteche, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Spain
Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV
Jan 15, 2019 – Vestel has launched its first CASTVs which allow consumers to access pay TV services without the need for a separate set-top box, CAM or any other external device. The launch has been enabled by Irdeto’s TV Cloaked CA solution.
News categories: Irdeto, Vestel, evotv, Steeve Huin, Hakan Kutlu, Domagoj Frank, Austria, Croatia, Digital TV, Germany, Smart TV, Terrestrial, Uzbekistan
Edgeware to acquire subtitling supplier Cavena Image Products
Jan 11, 2019 – Edgeware has announced that it is to acquire Swedish subtitling expert Cavena Image Products AB. The deal broadens Edgeware’s offering to broadcasters and content owners by adding subtitling automation to its origin solution.
News categories: Edgeware, Cavena, Karl Thedéen, Henrik Moberg, Digital TV, MnA, Multiscreen, OTT, Sweden, Worldwide
Germany's video entertainment market at €9bn in 2018
Jan 9, 2019 – The German video market stepped up its dynamic transition in 2018, driven by subscription spending. Consequently, it is the 5th largest in the world with an estimated annual spend of circa €9 billion, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
RTL to acquire Yospace
Jan 8, 2019 – RTL Group has announced that it has signed an agreement to acquire control of the UK-based video technology company Yospace. Yospace develops technologies for Server-Side Dynamic Ad Insertion (SSDAI).
News categories: RTL Group, Yospace, Bert Habets, Tim Sewell, David Springall, Advertising, Digital TV, MnA, UK, Worldwide
BBC opens public consultation on iPlayer improvements
Jan 7, 2019 – The BBC has launched a public consultation on its plans to reinvent BBC iPlayer - making it a destination in its own right, with box sets, live programming and archive titles that champion quality UK content and offer great programmes for longer.
News categories: BBC, Charlotte Moore, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, UK
Merger completed between Tele2 and T-Mobile in the Netherlands
Jan 2, 2019 – Tele2 (Stockholm: TEL2 A; TEL2 B) and Deutsche Telekom have completed the merger of their Dutch operations. Tele2 Netherlands (Tele2 NL) is absorbed by T-Mobile in the Netherlands (T-Mobile NL).
News categories: Tele2, T-Mobile, Anders Nilsson, MnA, Netherlands
M7 to buy Liberty Global's Eastern European DTH operations
Dec 21, 2018 – M7 Group has announced that it has agreed to buy the DTH satellite TV operations of Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) currently serving four Eastern European markets (Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia and Romania).
News categories: M7 Group, Liberty Global, Hans Troelstra, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Hungary, MnA, Romania, Satellite, Slovakia
Freeview Play devices sold in UK reach five million
Dec 19, 2018 – Freeview and Digital UK have announced that the total number of Freeview Play devices sold in the UK has now surpassed five million. Freeview Play was launched in 2015 to provide viewers of the UK’s favourite TV platform with access to live, catch up and on-demand programming.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Jonathan Thompson, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV