Hardware (DVD, TV, PMP, Set-top Box, …) News
Rostelecom goes multiscreen with SmartLabs
Feb 26, 2015 – Rostelecom subscribers can now enjoy their content on PCs, laptops, tablets and Smart TVs. The new multiscreen feature is an extension of Rostelecom's IPTV service, which is powered by the SmartLabs IPTV Solution, and delivers digital TV services across Russia.
News categories: SmartLabs, Rostelecom, Mikhail Grachev, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Multiscreen, Russia, Smart TV, TV Everywhere
Exset DMS integrated with DTV Research STBs
Feb 26, 2015 – Exset has announced that its DMS 2.0 value-add service solution is now fully integrated with DTV Research’s set-top technology, making DMS 2.0 available to already-deployed boxes. DTV Research has millions of set-tops already rolled out in emerging markets.
News categories: Exset, CABSAT, Digital TV, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Frontier Communications to deploy co-branded versions of TiVo's products and services
Feb 25, 2015 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) and Frontier Communications (NASDAQ: FTR) have announced a multi-year partnership. Starting in mid-2015, Frontier will market and deploy co-branded versions of TiVo's suite of whole-home products and services as part of its video offering.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Frontier Communications, Naveen Chopra, Dan McCarthy, Digital TV, Home Networking, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, USA
GameTree TV games for Liberty Global Horizon STBs
Feb 24, 2015 – TransGaming (TSX VENTURE:TNG) has announced a partnership to bring its GameTree TV on-demand TV games to Liberty Global's Horizon cable set-top boxes. GameTree TV will now be available throughout most of Europe.
News categories: TransGaming, Liberty Global, Dennis Ensing, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Netherlands, Poland, Set Top Box, Switzerland
iWedia provides SAT>IP software for Unitron multiswitch
Feb 24, 2015 – iWedia has announced that it has provided its SAT>IP server software to Belgian digital TV headend manufacturer UnitronGroup for integration within its new Johansson 9830 multiswitch.
News categories: iWedia, Unitron, Hervé Creff, Stephen Deleu, Digital TV, Europe, Gateway, Home Networking, LNB, Middleware, Satellite
Panasonic first with Freeview Play TVs
Feb 23, 2015 – Digital UK and Freeview have announced that Panasonic will be the first manufacturer to launch TVs featuring the Freeview Play connected TV service. Panasonic will make Freeview Play available in its new 2015 line-up of VIERA TVs.
News categories: Digital UK, Freeview, Panasonic, Ilse Howling, Guy North, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, UK
RDK adds DVB support for global operators
Feb 23, 2015 – RDK Management has announced that the Reference Design Kit (RDK) now provides additional support for the Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) standard that is widely used throughout Europe and other parts of the world.
News categories: RDK Management, ARRIS Group, Steve Heeb, Larry Robinson, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
StarTimes reduces DVB-T2 STB price in Kenya
Feb 23, 2015 – StarTimes Media has effected a 17.5% price drop on the cost of acquiring its DVB-T2 Free-To-Air set top box with the move aimed at making it increasingly affordable for more Kenyans to take up its DTT service.
News categories: StarTimes, Mark Lisboa, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Kenya, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
New Zealand Sky TV subscribers down 8,707 in 2H 2014
Feb 23, 2015 – New Zealand Sky Television (NZX: SKT) has reported results for the six months to 31 December 2014. Sky finished the year with 856,348 subscribers, down 8,707 subscribers compared to the end of June. MY SKY penetration increased from 58.6% to 64.2% of satellite subscribers during the year.
News categories: Sky Television, John Fellet, Middleware, New Zealand, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
- Pay DTT up 52% year-on-year in Croatia
- Rostelecom goes multiscreen with SmartLabs
- Exset DMS integrated with DTV Research STBs
- EUTELSAT 115 West B satellite gears up for launch
- Deutsche Telekom adds 109,000 TV customers in 4Q 2014
- Frontier Communications to deploy co-branded versions of TiVo's products and services
- South Africa plans to migrate to digital 'within 2 years'
- TDS Telecom adds 4,000 TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
- StarHub adds 3,000 pay TV customers in 4Q 2014
- SES to launch two satellites with SpaceX
- Telefónica adds 437,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2014
- Beltelecom expands DVB-T2 coverage in Belarus
- Enhanced TVNZ OnDemand launches with Brightcove
- CEC Liquid Telecom launches FTTH in Zambia
- GameTree TV games for Liberty Global Horizon STBs
- Express-AM7 satellite due for launch on March 19th
- Suddenlink digital TV customers down 26,300 in 4Q 2014
- Comcast adds 6,000 video subscribers in 4Q 2014
- Amazon leads Germany's VOD market
- iWedia provides SAT>IP software for Unitron multiswitch