Hardware (DVD, TV, PMP, Set-top Box, …) News
DISH HopperGO lets customers take DVR on the road
May 26, 2016 – DISH's HopperGO has debuted to customers in the U.S. for $99. The 64 GB, rechargeable battery-powered device gives customers the ability to securely transfer up to 100 hours of recorded TV shows and movies from a Hopper 3 or Hopper 2 DVR for on-the-go, offline viewing.
News categories: DISH Network, Vivek Khemka, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Placeshifting, Satellite, USA
ALi to provide Irdeto-certified STB chipsets
May 26, 2016 – ALi Corporation has announced that it has entered into a strategic partnership with Irdeto, achieving certification to integrate Irdeto's security solutions on its latest generation chipset offerings.
News categories: ALi Corp, Irdeto, Daniel Huang, Steeve Huin, BroadcastAsia, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
1 in 8 homes in North America to own an Ultra HD TV by end-2016
May 25, 2016 – According to Strategy Analytics, more than 11 million North American homes will own an Ultra HD TV by the end of 2016 as prices drop to increasingly affordable levels and 1080p models start to disappear entirely from large screen product line ups.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Chirag Upadhyay, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, USA
Exset creates EPG ad-insertion middleware for emerging markets
May 25, 2016 – With the launch of DMS 5.0 and its underlying technology architecture shift, Exset is now providing a complete value-add ecosystem for operators in emerging markets or markets in digital transition. This includes full set-box integration.
News categories: Exset, Andrew Pons, BroadcastAsia, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Indonesia's Transvision selects ADB TV client software
May 24, 2016 – ADB has announced that its pay-TV middleware and user experience software, GraphyneTV, has been selected by Transvision, one of the leading Direct-to-Home (DTH) service providers in Indonesia.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Transvision, Peter Balchin, Hengkie Liwanto, Digital TV, Indonesia, Middleware, Multiscreen, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
SERAPHIC browser powers TCL 4K UHD TVs for Latin America
May 24, 2016 – TCL has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC, who has provided its Blink-based Sraf HTML5 browser for TCL's 4K UHDTV platform. The initial target market is Latin America.
News categories: SERAPHIC, TCL, Jeff Huang, Digital TV, HTML5, Latin America, Smart TV
Polaroid unveils Google Cast-powered 4K Ultra HD TVs
May 23, 2016 – Polaroid has unveiled its first line up of 4K UHD LED connected TVs. The new Polaroid 4K connected TV line will incorporate Google Cast, providing consumers with an option to stream content in ultra-high definition.
News categories: Polaroid, Scott W. Hardy, Smart Home, Smart TV, USA
SERAPHIC HTML5 browser selected by Skyworth for HbbTV 2.0 markets
May 20, 2016 – Skyworth Digital has announced a collaboration with SERAPHIC to deploy its Sraf HTML5 Browser to meet Pay TV Operator requirements to provide interactive HD services such as HbbTV 1.5, HbbTV 2.0, YouTube 2016 and OTT TV.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Skyworth Digital, Darrell Haber, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
RCN launches Hulu as a channel
May 19, 2016 – RCN has announced a partnership with Hulu to enable its customers to watch Hulu programming as a channel through the same set-top box used to watch Live TV. Previously, RCN was the first cable provider to integrate Netflix into the channel lineup.
News categories: RCN, Hulu, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- DISH HopperGO lets customers take DVR on the road
- ALi to provide Irdeto-certified STB chipsets
- Ericsson chosen by KT Skylife for UHDTV expansion
- SES launches Ultra HD satellite test channel with HDR content
- Viaccess-Orca and NexStreaming integrate solutions
- First sign of saturation in U.S. video streaming market
- 1 in 8 homes in North America to own an Ultra HD TV by end-2016
- EU updates audiovisual rules and presents approach to online platforms
- Exset creates EPG ad-insertion middleware for emerging markets
- KT and SK Broadband launch UHD with Elemental
- DOCOMO and Nokia achieve world's first real time 8K video transmission over 5G
- Harmonic powers Airtel Digital TV's enhanced DTH HD offerings
- Indonesia's Transvision selects ADB TV client software
- Videocon d2h adds 0.59 million net subscribers in 1Q 2016
- ONT to broadcast Tunisian channels to West Africa on Eutelsat
- SERAPHIC browser powers TCL 4K UHD TVs for Latin America
- Vietnam's FPT Telecom selects ATEME encoders
- Over a third of Australians now watch TV 'On Demand'
- Sky Cable to launch DTH TV in the Philippines on SES satellites
- SES and K-NET partner to provide DTH and DTT to West Africa