Hardware (DVD, TV, PMP, Set-top Box, …) News
Rovi Guide in more than half a million DTAs
Sep 23, 2014 – Rovi (NASDAQ:ROVI) has announced the deployment of its guides on over half a million digital terminal adapters. Rovi is now providing its programme guide to cable households throughout the U.S. and Latin America.
News categories: Rovi Corp, Armstrong, Omar Javaid, Dave Whittmann, Argentina, Cable TV, Digital TV, Latin America, Middleware, SCTE, Set Top Box, USA
PeerTV receives 20,000 unit STB order from Kartina
Sep 17, 2014 – PeerTV (AIM:PTV) has announcd that it has received an order from Kartina subject to conditions, to purchase 20,000 set top boxes for a total consideration of approximately $1,200,000.
News categories: PeerTV, Kartina, Digital TV, Europe, OTT, Set Top Box
Nearly 1 billion TV sets Internet connected by 2020
Sep 17, 2014 – The number of TV sets connected to the Internet will reach 965 million by 2020, up from 103 million at end-2010 and the 339 million expected at end-2014, according to a report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Africa, Asia, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Digital TV Research Reports, Europe, Games Console, Latin America, Market Research, Middle-East, North America, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Subscribers, Worldwide
GS develops satellite+terrestrial STB for Tricolor TV
Sep 16, 2014 – GS Group has announced its General Satellite GS E212 set-top box. The box is able to receive both satellite and terrestrial signals and was developed for the largest Russian satellite operator, Tricolor TV.
News categories: General Satellite, Andrew Bezrukov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
CEA unveils logos for 4K Ultra HD displays
Sep 16, 2014 – The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) has announced new logos to designate 4K Ultra High-Definition TVs, monitors and projectors for the home that meet CEA’s voluntary core characteristics for 4K Ultra HD display products.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Gary Shapiro, Digital TV, Smart TV, USA
Entropic to explore strategic alternatives
Sep 16, 2014 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its Board of Directors has authorized the evaluation of strategic alternatives to enhance shareholder value. The Company has engaged investment bank Barclays in connection with its efforts.
News categories: Entropic, Barclays, Patrick Henry, David Lyle, M&A, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
KAONMEDIA selects Ikanos for family of VDSL gateways
Sep 16, 2014 – Ikanos (NASDAQ: IKAN) has announced that KAONMEDIA (KOSDAQ : KAON MEDIA) has selected Ikanos' Fusiv gateway processor family to power its new generation of feature-rich and highly integrated residential gateways.
News categories: Ikanos, KAON, Kourosh Amiri, Chul Min Kim, Gateway, IBCShow, Semiconductor, VDSL, Worldwide
TiVo grows Opera TV Store in U.S. market
Sep 16, 2014 – Opera Software has announced that an increasing number of U.S. cable TV operators are offering apps and video content to their subscriber bases through the Opera TV Store running on TiVo’s whole-home gateway DVR and multi-room client devices.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, USA
Broadcom enables SK broadband Ultra HD service in Korea
Sep 16, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that SK broadband (KOSDAQ: 033630) has selected Broadcom's Ultra HD system-on-chip to power its B UHD tv set-top box and IPTV services.
News categories: Broadcom, SK broadband, Dan Marotta, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- PathPartner Technology announces hybrid hardware-software HEVC decoder IP
- Rovi Guide in more than half a million DTAs
- Netflix to reach 100 million international subscribers by 2020
- Broadband Commission releases country-by-country data on broadband access worldwide
- MHL ecosystem surpasses 650 million products worldwide
- Qualcomm announces availability of industry’s first LTE Broadcast SDK
- Sri Lanka to complete switch to DTT by 2020
- Argentina's ARSAT-1 satellite to launch on October 16th
- PeerTV receives 20,000 unit STB order from Kartina
- U.S. consumers still prefer TVs over tablets and smartphones for video
- IEEE publishes standard for Coexistence in the TV White Space
- Nearly 1 billion TV sets Internet connected by 2020
- GS develops satellite+terrestrial STB for Tricolor TV
- CEA unveils logos for 4K Ultra HD displays
- Entropic to explore strategic alternatives
- KAONMEDIA selects Ikanos for family of VDSL gateways
- TiVo grows Opera TV Store in U.S. market
- Broadcom enables SK broadband Ultra HD service in Korea
- Roku reaches 10 million players sold in U.S.
- Zenterio delivers software solution to Telekom Romania