Hardware (DVD, TV, PMP, Set-top Box, …) News
Octoshape and Altech partner for OTT/IPTV in the Middle-East and Africa
Jul 30, 2014 – Octoshape and Altech Multimedia have announced that they have entered into a partnership to offer video contribution and distribution solutions to major broadcasters and operators in the Middle East and Africa.
News categories: Octoshape, Altech Multimedia, Michael Koehn Milland, Paulo Caldeira, Africa, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middle-East, OTT, Set Top Box
Eagle Kingdom ports middleware to DTVKit platform
Jul 30, 2014 – DTVKit has announced that Eagle Kingdom Technologies (EKT) has ported its solidTV middleware on top of the DTVKit platform, and has joined DTVKit as a member.
News categories: DTVKit, Eagle Kingdom, Amy Cleary, Jill Mulder, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
India's GTPL chooses ST chipsets for cable STBs
Jul 29, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its STi5197 SD and STiH273 HD cable chipsets have been picked by GTPL, a leading Indian Cable MSO (multi-system operator) with over 3 million digital subscribers.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, GTPL, Guru Prasad V, Vivek Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Russia's MTS launches new HD STB
Jul 29, 2014 – Mobile TeleSystems OJSC (“MTS” – NYSE: MBT), the leading telecommunications operator in Russia and the CIS, has announced the availability of a new high definition digital set-top box (STB).
News categories: Mobile TeleSystems, Cable TV, Digital TV, Russia, Set Top Box
Hungary adds 12,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
Jul 28, 2014 – According to the Office of the National Media and Infocommunications Authority (NMHH), in June 2014, the number of digital pay TV households in Hungary was 2,092,426, up from 1,949,845 in June 2013.
News categories: NMHH, Cable TV, Digital TV, Hungary, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Subscribers
HGI sets out business requirements for media gateway
Jul 28, 2014 – HGI has today set out high-level Broadband Service Provider (BSP) business requirements for a Media Gateway as it continues in its quest to build a technology-agnostic smart home ecosystem.
News categories: HGI, Duncan Bees, Philippe Calvet, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Alcatel-Lucent and Telefónica bring network DVR to Movistar TV in Spain
Jul 28, 2014 – Alcatel-Lucent (Paris; NYSE: ALU) and Telefónica have enabled a cloud-based TV feature for Telefónica's, Movistar TV. Movistar subscribers now have access to up to 350 hours of personal online recording through their set-top boxes.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telefónica, Roque Lozano, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Spain
Broadcom powers Technicolor's Tata Sky HEVC set-top
Jul 28, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 high-efficiency video codec (HEVC) H.265 system-on-chip (SoC) will power Tata Sky's first generation Ultra HD set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadcom, Technicolor, Tata Sky, Harit Nagpal, Georges Laplanche, Rich Nelson, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
UK's Freesat adds 6,000 households in 2Q 2014
Jul 28, 2014 – Freesat, the UK subscription free satellite TV service, added 6,000 new homes in the three months to the end of June. In all, Freesat has added 24,000 households in the first half of 2014.
News categories: Freesat, Emma Scott, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, UK
- India registers 1.85 million additional DTH subscribers in 1Q 2014
- Octoshape and Altech partner for OTT/IPTV in the Middle-East and Africa
- 2.2 million active smartcards for Italy's TivùSat
- Eagle Kingdom ports middleware to DTVKit platform
- Asia Pacific OTT TV to surge to $10 billion
- Brazil adds 513,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- India's GTPL chooses ST chipsets for cable STBs
- Telsur selects ATEME encoder for iOS streaming
- Russia's MTS launches new HD STB
- Airtel Digital TV adds 376,000 subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Nokia to trial LTE for national TV broadcasting
- Hungary adds 12,000 pay TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- HGI sets out business requirements for media gateway
- Alcatel-Lucent and Telefónica bring network DVR to Movistar TV in Spain
- Broadcom powers Technicolor's Tata Sky HEVC set-top
- UK's Freesat adds 6,000 households in 2Q 2014
- AirTies and Octoshape selected by Digiturk for international OTT service
- Thailand's NBTC proposes ฿690 DTT receiver subsidy coupoon
- Digital TV Research provides Netflix subscriber split by country
- Entropic licenses Cryptography Research DPA countermeasures