Hardware (DVD, TV, PMP, Set-top Box, …) News
Broadcom STB platform to accelerate Mexico's transition to digital TV
Dec 17, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a digital-terrestrial video platform for Mexico as the country transitions from analog-to-digital TV. Broadcom's BCM7543 silicon offers a cost-effective and featured-optimized device for new HD converter boxes and set-top box (STB) platforms.
News categories: Broadcom, Federal Institute of Telecommunications, Rich Nelson, Fernando Borjon Figueroa, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Wyplay connects STBs with SIGFOX IoT network
Dec 16, 2014 – Wyplay and SIGFOX have revealed a joint technology collaboration. The system, which will be showcased at the 2015 International CES, integrates SIGFOX’s IoT cellular connectivity solution with Wyplay’s open-source pay-TV set-top-box (STB) middleware.
News categories: Wyplay, SIGFOX, Dominique Féral, Stuart Lodge, Broadband, CES2015, Digital TV, Europe, Middleware, Mobile, Set Top Box, USA
Broadcom introduces first GPS-enabled device for satellite outdoor units
Dec 16, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced a GPS-enabled satellite outdoor unit (ODU) device. The solution combines Broadcom's satellite TV device with its GPS receiver, enabling operators to track the location of subscriber equipment.
News categories: Broadcom, Nicholas Dunn, CES2015, Digital TV, LNB, Satellite, Semiconductor, Worldwide
Deluxe expands 4K UHD capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand™
Dec 15, 2014 – Deluxe has announced enhancements to its cloud-based content supply and VOD management solution. The features enable service providers to launch 4K Ultra HD services without additional infrastructure investment or workflow costs.
News categories: Deluxe Digital Distribution, Todd Collart, Infrastructure, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
EBS enables EPG data for DVBLogic NAS PVR and recommendation engine
Dec 11, 2014 – EBS has announced that DVBLogic is including EBS’ Pawa listings data as part of its new DVBLink software release, which includes TV Adviser, a recommendation engine. DVBLink enables a NAS device to be turned into a PVR.
News categories: EBS, DVBLogic, Keith Bedford, Pavlo Barvinko, Digital TV, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, UK
Ofcom releases International Communications Market Report 2014
Dec 11, 2014 – The UK’s communications regulator, Ofcom, has released its International Communications Market Report (ICMR) 2014 which examines take-up, availability, price and use of communications services across the world's major countries.
News categories: Ofcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, UK, Worldwide
1.9 connected TV devices per broadband household in USA
Dec 10, 2014 – Ownership of Connected TV Devices (including smart TVs, smart blu-ray players, IP-enabled game consoles and digital media streamers) in the U.S. grew 5 percent quarter-on-quarter in Q3 2014 and 28 percent year-on-year to reach 168 million units.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, David Watkins, Eric Smith, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Youku Tudou enters the hardware business
Dec 10, 2014 – Internet TV company, Youku Tudou (NYSE: YOKU), has announced the launch of its Cloud Entertainment business unit and the unit's first batch of hardware products consisting of a WiFi router, smart TV box, and large Android tablet.
News categories: Youku Tudou, Leo Yao, Victor Koo, China, Digital TV, Router, Set Top Box, Tablet
Gametree HTML5 games added to ActiveVideo CloudTV
Dec 9, 2014 – TransGaming (TSX VENTURE:TNG) has announced the availability of its on-demand gaming platform GameTree TV to pay-TV operators worldwide. In partnership with ActiveVideo, GameTree TV will be added to ActiveVideo's CloudTV software platform.
News categories: TransGaming, ActiveVideo, Vikas Gupta, Murali Nemani, Apps, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Broadcom STB platform to accelerate Mexico's transition to digital TV
- Belgium's Mobistar starts trials of its internet and digital TV services
- Wyplay connects STBs with SIGFOX IoT network
- Multi-Gigabit cable broadband speeds get closer for consumers
- Broadcom introduces first GPS-enabled device for satellite outdoor units
- Espial showcases RDK, 4K, OTT and HTML5 TV user experiences at CES 2015
- HBO GO now available on Amazon Fire TV
- Deluxe expands 4K UHD capabilities of Deluxe OnDemand™
- BT enters into exclusive negotiations to acquire EE
- Poland’s nc+ extends capacity agreement with Eutelsat
- Carr Communications selects Inca Networks transcoder for IPTV service
- Czech and Slovak public broadcasters begin Ultra HD test broadcasts on ASTRA 3B
- Cisco leads in both Video Infrastructure Software and Hardware
- 78% of U.S. legacy pay TV subscribers have TV Everywhere access
- EBS enables EPG data for DVBLogic NAS PVR and recommendation engine
- Ofcom releases International Communications Market Report 2014
- 1.9 connected TV devices per broadband household in USA
- Nagra MediaLive enables Be tv OTT service in Belgium
- Youku Tudou enters the hardware business
- Mexico's Maxcom chooses Broadpeak for multiscreen OTT