Hardware (DVD, TV, PMP, Set-top Box, …) News
Marvell announces SoC platform for 4K entertainment and gaming
Apr 27, 2015 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced its ARMADA 1500 Ultra (88DE3218) SoC, designed to enable Pay TV operators and STB manufacturers to deliver small form factor devices with 4K entertainment and gaming to their subscribers.
News categories: Marvell, Verimatrix, Weili Dai, Petr Peterka, Digital TV, ICs, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
Wyplay integrates V-Nova PERSEUS video compression technology
Apr 23, 2015 – V-Nova and Wyplay have announced that they have achieved the integration of V-Nova’s PERSEUS video compression technology into the existing set-top-box platform of a Tier 1, European TV operator, which had been upgraded to run Frog Client middleware by Wyplay.
News categories: V-Nova, Wyplay, Guido Meardi, Jacques Bourgninaud, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Nagra enables StarHub to deliver IPTV offering to all-IP fibre network
Apr 22, 2015 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that StarHub’s recently launched IPTV service on Singapore’s Next Generation Nationwide Broadband Network uses NAGRA’s MediaLive multiscreen, OpenTV 5 connectware and anyCAST CONNECT content protection solutions.
News categories: NAGRA, StarHub, Content Protection, Digital TV, Fibre, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Singapore
802.11ac Wi-Fi CPE shipments to hit 71 million units in 2015
Apr 22, 2015 – The consumer Wi-Fi equipment market increased 5% in 2014, surpassing 166.1 million unit shipments, according to ABI Research. Shipments of devices which support the 802.11ac standard represented more than 11% of total access point shipments.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, CPE, Market Research, Wireless, Worldwide
TR-069-enabled devices to pass 350 million in 2016
Apr 21, 2015 – According to Ovum, the number of residential gateways, TV set-top boxes and other home broadband equipment in use that support the Broadband Forum’s TR-069 standard will reach 356 million in 2016, as a growing number of service providers embrace the management protocol.
News categories: Ovum, Broadband Forum, Rob Gallagher, Robin Mersh, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sequans and Expway deliver LTE Broadcast over Wi-Fi solution
Apr 21, 2015 – Sequans Communications (NYSE: SQNS) and Expway have announced the availability of a new platform for the delivery of LTE broadcast service to an LTE-Wi-Fi router, enabling all devices in range of the Wi-Fi router to receive the LTE broadcast streams.
News categories: Sequans, Expway, Craig Miller, Claude Seyrat, LTE, Middleware, Router, Semiconductor, Wireless, Worldwide
Frog by Wyplay powers Sky Italia HD decoders
Apr 21, 2015 – Wyplay has announced that Sky Italia, in cooperation with Telecom Italia, are deploying a broadband HDTV decoder powered by Frog By Wyplay. The full Sky TV service offering will be deployed by Telecom Italia for their ultra-broadband customers.
News categories: Wyplay, Sky Italia, Jacques Bourgninaud, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Middleware, Set Top Box
Global 4K display market to reach $52 billion in 2020
Apr 20, 2015 – Strong promotion of 4K display resolutions from TV makers, display manufacturers and distribution channels has successfully increased consumer awareness and boosted 4K LCD TV penetration in 2014, according to a new report from IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, Smart TV, Worldwide
HUMAX joins Frog by Wyplay
Apr 20, 2015 – Wyplay and HUMAX (KOSDAQ:115160) have announced that HUMAX has become a Licensee of the Frog open-source STB client middleware solution. Frog is based on Wyplay’s software for digital TV client devices and TV operators’ backends.
News categories: Wyplay, HUMAX, Jacques Bourgninaud, Jeff Kim, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect, Worldwide
- Marvell announces SoC platform for 4K entertainment and gaming
- Minimal impact for cord-cutting in Western Europe
- Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
- Digital TV Labs opens 'HbbTV App Lab'
- Wyplay integrates V-Nova PERSEUS video compression technology
- AT&T U-Verse TV adds 50,000 subscribers in 1Q 2015
- Worldwide semiconductor sales expected to grow 4% in 2015
- Nagra enables StarHub to deliver IPTV offering to all-IP fibre network
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi CPE shipments to hit 71 million units in 2015
- Broadcom reports first quarter 2015 results
- Nagra introduces new secure Google Chrome web browser plug-in for pay-TV operators
- TR-069-enabled devices to pass 350 million in 2016
- Sequans and Expway deliver LTE Broadcast over Wi-Fi solution
- Verizon adds 90,000 net FiOS Video connections in 1Q 2015
- OTT TV market to increase fourfold by 2019
- Telekom Slovenije selects Viaccess-Orca player for OTT delivery
- Frog by Wyplay powers Sky Italia HD decoders
- Netflix' international business yet to turn a profit
- Global 4K display market to reach $52 billion in 2020
- HUMAX joins Frog by Wyplay