Hardware (DVD, TV, PMP, Set-top Box, …) News
OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
Feb 23, 2017 – Growing preference for OTT content is catalyzing demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs. The market is now ready to match consumer expectations by offering seamless accessibility to on-demand content through a new generation of devices.
News categories: Frost and Sullivan, Avni Rambhia, V Aravindh, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
Eurofins Digital Testing signs strategic agreement with Nokia
Feb 23, 2017 – Eurofins Digital Testing has announced that it has signed a strategic relationship agreement with Nokia. Under the agreement, Nokia will resell Eurofins’ suite of automated test tools and professional testing support services for TV and video services.
News categories: Eurofins Digital Testin, Nokia, Johan Craeybeckx, Paul Larbey, Infrastructure, Set Top Box, Test, UX, Worldwide
KAONMEDIA STB with AI home assistant deployed by Korea Telecom
Feb 22, 2017 – KAONMEDIA's AI-based TV set-top box has been successfully commercialized by Korea Telecom. GiGA Genie, an IP set-top box, provides home assistant and home IoT services alongside TV set-top box features.
News categories: KAONMEDIA, KT Corp, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Tata Elxsi and Portugal's NOS partner to accelerate RDK deployment
Feb 22, 2017 – Tata Elxsi has announced that it has partnered with NOS to accelerate RDK deployment by leveraging Tata Elxsi’s deep expertise and off-the-shelf solutions for RDK rollout.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, NOS, KP Sreekumar, Pedro Bandeira, Digital TV, Middleware, Portugal, Set Top Box
Tru Optik and LiveRamp make first-party data actionable across connected TVs
Feb 21, 2017 – Tru Optik and LiveRamp (NASDAQ: ACXM) have announced their partnership. Using Tru Optik capabilities, brands will be able to use their first-party data to create targeted OTT and connected TV (CTV) campaigns.
News categories: Tru Optik, LiveRamp, Andre Swanston, Michael Scott, Travis May, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
LG webOS 3.5 first Smart TV with UL cybersecurity certification
Feb 21, 2017 – The latest version of LG Electronics’ webOS 3.5 Security Manager smart TV platform has been certified for its effective cybersecurity capabilities by UL, a first in the smart TV category.
News categories: LG Electronics, UL, JH Hwang, Content Protection, Digital TV, Smart TV, Test, USA
Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote arrives in the UK
Feb 21, 2017 – Amazon has announced that its new Fire TV Stick, the most powerful streaming media stick available, is coming to the UK. It is the first UK version to ship with Alexa Voice Remote included.
News categories: Amazon, Jorrit Van der Meulen, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, UK
KT chooses Conexant Voice Processor for Virtual Assistant Media Hub
Feb 21, 2017 – Conexant Systems has announced that KT is utilizing its AudioSmart CX20921 Far-Field Voice Input Processor to help the new GiGA Genie voice-controlled virtual assistant media hub to hear users' requests accurately.
News categories: Conexant, KT Corp, Saleel Awsare, Gyutae Baek, IPTV, Korea, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Positivo Informática contracts with Brazil's Seja Digital for STBs
Feb 17, 2017 – Positivo Informática (BM&FBOVESPA: POSI3) has announced that it has entered into an agreement with Brazil's Seja Digital for the supply of set-top-box decoders, as part of the country's migration to digital TV broadcasting.
News categories: Positivo Informática, Seja Digital, Brazil, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
- Gracenote unveils entertainment data products for video, music and sports
- Clear potential for VR headsets after a slow start
- OTT content is driving demand for streaming media devices and smart TVs
- New Zealand Commerce Commission blocks Vodafone/Sky merger
- Eurofins Digital Testing signs strategic agreement with Nokia
- Nokia and AT&T conduct 5G streaming tests with DIRECTV NOW
- KAONMEDIA STB with AI home assistant deployed by Korea Telecom
- DISH Network adds 28,000 pay TV subscribers in 4Q 2016
- Tata Elxsi and Portugal's NOS partner to accelerate RDK deployment
- MobiTV announces $21M in additional funding
- Tru Optik and LiveRamp make first-party data actionable across connected TVs
- Google dominates VR headset shipments
- LG webOS 3.5 first Smart TV with UL cybersecurity certification
- Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote arrives in the UK
- KT chooses Conexant Voice Processor for Virtual Assistant Media Hub
- Indonesia's SuperSoccer selects Harmonic for live football streaming
- Australian sales of VR headsets exceed 200,000 units in 2016
- Ericsson and Vodafone study user reactions to broadband delays
- Evolution Digital and Conax provide Multi-DRM security for eVUE-TV
- Anyka Micro selects Allegro DVT multi-format video encoder IP