HD-DVD (High-Definition DVD) News
Toshiba Applies to Join Blu-ray Disc Association
Aug 10, 2009 – Toshiba (TOKYO: 6502) has announced that the company has applied for membership of the Blu-ray Disc Association (BDA) and plans to introduce products that support the Blu-ray format.
News categories: Blu-ray Disc Association, Toshiba, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, HD-DVD
German CE turnover remains positive in 2008
Apr 17, 2009 – In 2008 the turnover for Consumer Electronics (CE) in Germany remained positive. The market in total increased by 1.7% to a volume of approx. 23.7 billion Euros. 63% of this turnover came from traditional CE products.
News categories: GfK, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, DVR, Germany, HD-DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Japan July 2008 domestic terrestrial digital TV broadcasting equipment shipments
Aug 28, 2008 – According to Japan Electronics and Information Technology Industries Association (JEITA), shipments of digital terrestrial TV receiving equipment in July were 1.252 million units, giving a cumulative total of nearly 8 million units so far this year.
News categories: JEITA, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, HD-DVD, ISDB-T, Japan, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Germany - GfK Consumer Electronics market report 2007
Jul 10, 2008 – According to GfK, the development of the German CE Market in 2007 was - once again - positive. Total CE turnover (including IT and Telecom) grew by 3.7% to a total volume of 23 billion Euros.
News categories: GfK, Blu-ray, Camcorder, Digital TV, DVD, DVR, Germany, HD-DVD, Market Research, Optical Disc Recorder, Peripherals / Accessories, Portable, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
China's DVD Industry Faces Role Changes
May 23, 2008 – CCID Consulting (Hong Kong Stock Exchange: HK08235) recently released its article on China's DVD industry. Facing fierce competition, patent fee compression and an industrial profits slide, the industry faces the challenge of four roles changes.
News categories: CCID Consulting, Blu-ray, China, Digital TV, DVD, HD-DVD, Market Research
Toshiba Announces Discontinuation of HD DVD Business
Feb 19, 2008 – Toshiba has announced that it has completed a thorough review of its overall strategy for HD DVD and as a result of recent market developments, the company has decided to discontinue sales and marketing of HD DVD players.
News categories: Toshiba, Digital TV, HD-DVD
France - SIMAVELEC holds annual press conference
Feb 4, 2008 – At a SIMAVELEC press conference held on February 4, 2008, its Chairman, Mr. Benedict Lelièvre, CEO of Philips Consumer Lifestyle, said that industrialists in the sector were confident for the year 2008 - the year of HD.
News categories: SIMAVELEC, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, France, HD-DVD, Market Research, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, Terrestrial
Broadcom's Media PC Technology Enables Toshiba to Feature High Quality HD DVD Playback for Mid-Level Mobile Personal Computers
Jan 29, 2008 – Broadcom (Nasdaq: BRCM) has announced that Toshiba has selected Broadcom's recently introduced media PC technology to enable high quality HD DVD playback for three recently introduced mid-level notebook computers.
News categories: Broadcom, Toshiba, Digital TV, HD-DVD, Peripherals / Accessories, Semiconductor
Zoran Corporation Reports Record Results for the Fourth Quarter and Year End 2007
Jan 28, 2008 – Zoran Corporation (Nasdaq GS: ZRAN) has reported results for its fourth quarter and year ended December 31, 2007.
News categories: Zoran, Blu-ray, Digital TV, DVD, HD-DVD, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- ATBiS to manufacture Triveni Digital ATSC 3.0 broadcast gateway
- Sumitomo selects SiTune ISDB-S3 tuner for 4K/8K set-top box
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Melita grows TV subscriber base to more than 100,000
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan