ICs (Integrated Circuits), Chips, SoCs, Semiconductor Products News
ViShare to demo ultra-low latency 4K/60fps streaming over Wi-Fi at CES 2019
Jan 2, 2019 – ViShare will unveil a 4K codec chip at CES 2019. ViShare's VT4060 makes it possible to stream 4K/60fps videos over standard 5GHz Wi-Fi with a market leading performance in latency, reliability and video quality.
News categories: ViShare, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Smart Home, Worldwide
Amlogic debuts 4K TV set-top box chipset at BroadcastAsia
Jun 25, 2018 – Amlogic has announced the launch of the Amlogic S905X chipset with support for Netflix, and a 1GB DDR memory configuration designed for use on 4K UHD Android TV set-top boxes.
News categories: Amlogic, James Xie, Android TV, ConnecTechAsia, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Telechips announces SoC for 4K set-top boxes
Jan 10, 2018 – Telechips has announced their first ever 14nm finFET SoC for 4K STBs. STBs powered by the TCC899X SoC series decode 4K video at 60fps with a 4K UI while handling other requirements including: Dolby Vision, the advanced security capabilities of Nagravision, Cisco and Verimatrix, and other CA systems.
News categories: Telechips, BM Lee, CES, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MediaTek announces chipset for HDR-enabled 4K smart TVs
Jan 9, 2018 – MediaTek has announced the MT5598 chipset for HDR-enabled 4K TVs. The MT5598 can be paired with a range of LCD panels, backlight combinations, licensed or free technologies and localized content standards.
News categories: MediaTek, Evan Su, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
SiTune samples first tuner supporting Japan's 8K TV satellite standard
Nov 14, 2017 – SiTune has announced the availability of STN6528 production samples for its customers. The STN6528 is the industry's first tuner to support the Advanced Wide Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting Standard ISDB-S3 needed to broadcast 8K Super Hi-VISION digital TV via satellite.
News categories: SiTune, Socionext, Ben Runyan, Kenichi Katada, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MaxLinear launches 1-channel ATSC tuner-demod ICs for streaming boxes
Sep 15, 2017 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL69x family, the industry’s first family of single-channel integrated ATSC tuner-demodulator ICs. The family provides a solution for adding over-the-air TV to OTT STBs and streaming media devices.
News categories: MaxLinear, Will Torgerson, ATSC, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, North America, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, USA
Synaptics launches 4K HDR Set-Top-Box Processor
Sep 14, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ:SYNA) has announced its VideoSmart BG5CT multimedia solution featuring 4K Advanced HDR video processing for the global set-top-box market. The BG5CT is the company’s sixth-generation of video processor.
News categories: Synaptics, Huibert Verhoeven, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Quantenna releases 802.11ac Wi-Fi ICs for OTT STBs
Sep 13, 2017 – Quantenna (Nasdaq:QTNA) has announced its Zero Memory family of 802.11ac Wi-Fi client products for OTT and STB applications. The Company provides three chipsets to cover the growing needs of service providers.
News categories: Quantenna, Lionel Bonnot, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home, Worldwide
MediaTek releases Ultra HD TV SoC with Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma
Jun 12, 2017 – MediaTek has announced the availability of its MediaTek MT5597 System-on-Chip (SoC), an Ultra HD TV SoC supporting Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG). MT5597 transforms TV viewing experiences with breakthrough brightness, contrast and color.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Joe Chen, John Couling, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering
- 3SS, Media Distillery and XroadMedia offer AI-based UX personalisation for Android TV
- Fincons Group joins Deutsche TV-Plattform
- Samba TV taps Oracle Moat to measure viewability of CTV ads
- Amazon Prime Video app added to TiVo devices at Atlantic Broadband
- TekSavvy TV launches Cloud PVR and advanced features
- CJ Hello deploys ATEME transcoding solution
- US: Netflix grabs the most attention, but its reign will be challenged
- AWS compute and storage available at the edge of 5G networks
- FOX selects AWS as its cloud and machine learning provider
- TiVo launches Prime Video App to its U.S. pay-TV operator customers
- KPN integrates Amazon Prime Video into the TV menu
- Vodafone UK offers Apple TV 4K with unlimited broadband and mobile data
- A1 Bulgaria launches advanced TV with Zappware
- Tru Optik and Anzu.io to bring targeting to in-game advertising