ICs (Integrated Circuits), Chips, SoCs, Semiconductor Products News
MediaTek releases Ultra HD TV SoC with Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma
Jun 12, 2017 – MediaTek has announced the availability of its MediaTek MT5597 System-on-Chip (SoC), an Ultra HD TV SoC supporting Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG). MT5597 transforms TV viewing experiences with breakthrough brightness, contrast and color.
News categories: MediaTek, Dolby, Joe Chen, John Couling, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sharp launches Ultra HD Blu-ray Recorders powered by ViXS SoCs
Mar 9, 2017 – ViXS Systems (TSX: VXS) has announced that Sharp has launched three BD Recorders based on its SoCs. Sharp's AQUOS Blu-ray BD-UT3100, BD-UT2100 and BD-UT1100 include support for 4K Ultra HD 60fps, high luminance HDR, and wide color space video playback.
News categories: ViXS Systems, Sharp Corp, Perry Chappell, Blu-ray, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Semiconductor
Broadcom expands 802.11ac MU-MIMO portfolio
Oct 18, 2016 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) has announced a new 4x4 802.11ac Wave2 solution which enables significantly better range performance in addition to video over Wi-Fi acceleration capability.
News categories: Broadcom, Greg Fischer, BBWF, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Socionext develops ISDB-S3 demodulator with channel bonding option for cable retrans
Sep 29, 2016 – Socionext has developed the world's first demodulator IC that is compatible both with the Advanced Wide-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting (ISDB-S3) and ITU-T Recommendation J.183 based channel bonding technology.
News categories: Socionext, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MaxLinear offers three-channel satellite receiver for HD/UHD PVRs
Sep 12, 2016 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL532C, a three-tuner satellite receiver for personal video recorder STBs. The MxL532C integrates MaxLinear’s Full-Spectrum Capture satellite tuner technology with three demodulators.
News categories: MaxLinear, Will Torgerson, Digital TV, DVB-S2, DVR, IBC2020, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces UHD TV SoC with integrated 100/120Hz frame rate converter
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a single-chip Smart UHD TV SoC solution that improves picture quality and audio performance while lowering board cost and meeting TV market demand for low profile form factor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, IBC2020, ICs, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Sony commercializes industry's first ISDB-S3 demodulator IC and NIM
Jul 27, 2016 – Sony has announced the commercialization of the industry's first demodulator LSI and tuner modules that conform to the ISDB-S3 (Integrated Services Digital Broadcasting for Satellite, 3rd generation) standard for 4K and 8K satellite digital broadcasts.
News categories: Sony Corp, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, Satellite, Semiconductor
Socionext demonstrates world's first single-chip 8K video decoder
Mar 23, 2016 – Socionext has introduced the world's first single-chip SoC that can process decoding of 8K resolution HEVC video. Socionext's SCH801A was developed in cooperation with NHK and has successfully performed decoding of 8K test streaming data.
News categories: Socionext, NHK, Digital TV, ICs, Japan, NABShow, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Broadcom unveils cable STB Full Band Capture receivers
Feb 10, 2016 – Broadcom (NASDAQ:AVGO) has announced a family of cable multichannel receiver SoCs. The BCM3158x family integrates Full-Band Capture (FBC) technology with 4, 8 or 16 QAM demodulators, providing pin compatible front ends for a broad range of STB and home gateway platforms.
News categories: Broadcom, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0