IFA18 : IFA (Internationale Funkausstellung 2018): August 31-September 5, 2018: Messe Berlin
High-end TVs dragging the market upwards
Aug 29, 2018 – In the first half of 2018, GfK recorded total sales of €45 billion for the global market for televisions (TV). That is about one percent more than in the same period last year, spurred by this year’s FIFA World Cup in Russia.
News categories: GfK, Digital TV, IFA18, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom media receivers awarded the Blue Angel
Sep 4, 2017 – The Blue Angel has being conferred on Deutsche Telekom's Media Receiver Entry and Media Receiver 201 at the IFA trade show in Berlin. The two products are the first and only set top boxes in the world to carry the German Federal Government’s ecolabel.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, UBA, Blue Angel, Michael Hagspihl, Dr. Thomas Holzmann, Digital TV, Germany, IFA18, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA18, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung create metadata platform for HDR
Aug 28, 2017 – 20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung have announced a partnership to create an open, royalty-free dynamic metadata platform for High Dynamic Range (HDR) through an associated certification and logo program, tentatively called HDR10+.
News categories: 20th Century Fox, Panasonic, Samsung, Danny Kaye, Yuki Kusumi, Jongsuk Chu, CES2019, Digital TV, IFA18, Licensing, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces UHD TV SoC with integrated 100/120Hz frame rate converter
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a single-chip Smart UHD TV SoC solution that improves picture quality and audio performance while lowering board cost and meeting TV market demand for low profile form factor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, IBCShow, ICs, IFA18, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
Toshiba and Vestel agree European partnership
Sep 1, 2016 – Vestel has announced a strategic brand license agreement with Toshiba (TOKYO: 6502) centred on the production and sales of Toshiba branded consumer TVs in the European market.
News categories: Vestel, Toshiba, Turan Erdogan, Digital TV, Europe, IFA18, Smart TV
Hisense selects SERAPHIC for VIDDA Smart TVs
Aug 29, 2016 – Hisense has chosen SERAPHIC’s Sraf HTML5 Browser to support its web-based VIDDA smart TV platform. The VIDDA platform, launched in 2014, was born out of an initiative to create a 'lean-back' smart TV experience, enabling users to reach content from various sources in a simple way.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Hisense, Ye Wang, Xiaofeng Lin, China, Digital TV, HTML5, IFA18, Smart TV, Worldwide
UMC, MStar and SERAPHIC to launch Freeview Play-compliant smart TVs in UK
Aug 19, 2016 – UMC is working with MStar and SERAPHIC to roll out Freeview Play-compliant smart TVs in the UK in Q4, 2016. It is not the first time that the three parties have cooperated having together introduced Sharp and Blaupunkt smart TVs for Europe in 2014.
News categories: SERAPHIC, MStar Semi, UMC, Ye Wang, Bill Hsiung, Aslan Khabliev, Digital TV, HTML5, IFA18, Semiconductor, Smart TV, UK
Deutsche Telekom to premiere Red Hot Chili Peppers in 360°
Aug 8, 2016 – Deutsche Telekom will present the first 360-degree live concert in Germany at the Kraftwerk Berlin on September 6th, 2016. With a smartphone, a cardboard and equipment such as the Samsung Gear VR fans can fully emerge into the scene.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Digital TV, Germany, IFA18, Multiscreen, VR
- beIN dispute hits MENA pay TV subscribers
- Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
- BlackBerry joins the Velos Media licensing platform
- Singapore to introduce measures against illicit streaming devices
- BritBox surpasses half a million subscribers
- DAZN drives global growth via social video with Grabyo
- Euskaltel decoders now integrate Amazon Prime Video
- Cox Media and Nielsen renew TV and audio measurement agreement
- OTT TV market far from being saturated
- TDG research shows sensitivity of Netflix subscribers to price rises
- Sinclair Broadcast launches free TV streaming service, STIRR
- Wurl launches server-side ad insertion for Connected TVs
- 16% of U.S. broadband households share online video passwords
- OTE agrees to sell Telekom Albania to Albania Telecom Invest
- Mediamorph achieves record customer acquisitions in 2018
- Half of all U.S. video viewing is done with others
- ShortsTV selects Synacor's Cloud Identity Platform
- SpotX releases '2019 Video Advertising Trends' report
- Mirada multiscreen solution launches at One Communications in Bermuda
- Vestel releases first CASTVs with integrated broadcast pay TV