IFA2020 (Internationale Funkausstellung 2020): September 3-5, 2020: Messe Berlin
IFA 2020 to go-ahead as an invitation-only event in Berlin
May 19, 2020 – IFA has been given the go-ahead to take place in 2020 as a real-life event in Berlin. Taking place over just three days – from 3 to 5 September – the invite-only event will put strict limits on the number of attendees and focus on IFA’s four global core functions.
News categories: IFA Berlin, Jens Heithecker, COVID-19, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020
Roku expands Roku TV licensing program into Europe
Sep 7, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is further expanding the Roku TV licensing program into Europe. Hisense is the first European Roku TV partner and is expected to launch Roku TV models in the UK in Q4.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2020, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Deutsche Telekom to launch MagentaTV box with mesh Wi-Fi integrated
Sep 5, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom is exhibiting a new media receiver at IFA: the MagentaTV Box with integrated mesh Wi-Fi technology. Thanks to the mesh Wi-Fi, the MagentaTV box is easy to integrate into an existing Wi-Fi network, no matter which room it is placed in.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Deutsche Telekom launches first Smart Speaker from Europe
Sep 5, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has launched a Smart Speaker. The Smart Speaker turns a voice into a remote control. It is now possible to simply use voice commands to operate Deutsche Telekom offerings such as MagentaTV, Magenta SmartHome, and telephone services.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Germany, IFA2020, Smart Home
WDR and Fraunhofer HHI show VVC/H.266 at IFA 2019
Sep 3, 2019 – WDR and the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI are collaborating to test the Video Coding possibilities offered by the next international standard VVC/H.266. The pair will show initial results at IFA 2019.
News categories: Fraunhofer, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020
High-end TVs dragging the market upwards
Aug 29, 2018 – In the first half of 2018, GfK recorded total sales of €45 billion for the global market for televisions (TV). That is about one percent more than in the same period last year, spurred by this year’s FIFA World Cup in Russia.
News categories: GfK, Digital TV, IFA2020, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom media receivers awarded the Blue Angel
Sep 4, 2017 – The Blue Angel has being conferred on Deutsche Telekom's Media Receiver Entry and Media Receiver 201 at the IFA trade show in Berlin. The two products are the first and only set top boxes in the world to carry the German Federal Government’s ecolabel.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, UBA, Blue Angel, Michael Hagspihl, Dr. Thomas Holzmann, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung create metadata platform for HDR
Aug 28, 2017 – 20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung have announced a partnership to create an open, royalty-free dynamic metadata platform for High Dynamic Range (HDR) through an associated certification and logo program, tentatively called HDR10+.
News categories: 20th Century Fox, Panasonic, Samsung, Danny Kaye, Yuki Kusumi, Jongsuk Chu, CES2020, Digital TV, IFA2020, Licensing, Worldwide
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020