IFA2019 (Internationale Funkausstellung 2019): September 6-11, 2019: Messe Berlin
Roku expands Roku TV licensing program into Europe
Sep 7, 2019 – Roku (NASDAQ: ROKU) has announced that it is further expanding the Roku TV licensing program into Europe. Hisense is the first European Roku TV partner and is expected to launch Roku TV models in the UK in Q4.
News categories: Roku, Hisense, Anthony Wood, Digital TV, Europe, IFA2019, Middleware, Smart TV, UK
Deutsche Telekom to launch MagentaTV box with mesh Wi-Fi integrated
Sep 5, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom is exhibiting a new media receiver at IFA: the MagentaTV Box with integrated mesh Wi-Fi technology. Thanks to the mesh Wi-Fi, the MagentaTV box is easy to integrate into an existing Wi-Fi network, no matter which room it is placed in.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apps, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Deutsche Telekom launches first Smart Speaker from Europe
Sep 5, 2019 – Deutsche Telekom has launched a Smart Speaker. The Smart Speaker turns a voice into a remote control. It is now possible to simply use voice commands to operate Deutsche Telekom offerings such as MagentaTV, Magenta SmartHome, and telephone services.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Germany, IFA2019, Smart Home
WDR and Fraunhofer HHI show VVC/H.266 at IFA 2019
Sep 3, 2019 – WDR and the Fraunhofer Heinrich Hertz Institute HHI are collaborating to test the Video Coding possibilities offered by the next international standard VVC/H.266. The pair will show initial results at IFA 2019.
News categories: Fraunhofer, WDR, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019
High-end TVs dragging the market upwards
Aug 29, 2018 – In the first half of 2018, GfK recorded total sales of €45 billion for the global market for televisions (TV). That is about one percent more than in the same period last year, spurred by this year’s FIFA World Cup in Russia.
News categories: GfK, Digital TV, IFA2019, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Deutsche Telekom media receivers awarded the Blue Angel
Sep 4, 2017 – The Blue Angel has being conferred on Deutsche Telekom's Media Receiver Entry and Media Receiver 201 at the IFA trade show in Berlin. The two products are the first and only set top boxes in the world to carry the German Federal Government’s ecolabel.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, UBA, Blue Angel, Michael Hagspihl, Dr. Thomas Holzmann, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, Set Top Box
Deutsche Telekom's EntertainTV adds UHD, Netflix and exclusive series
Sep 1, 2017 – Deutsche Telekom is massively expanding its EntertainTV entertainment offering. Besides technological improvements to the media receiver to support UHD and direct access to Netflix, Deutsche Telekom is also increasing the range of content on offer.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Michael Hagspihl, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2019, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung create metadata platform for HDR
Aug 28, 2017 – 20th Century Fox, Panasonic and Samsung have announced a partnership to create an open, royalty-free dynamic metadata platform for High Dynamic Range (HDR) through an associated certification and logo program, tentatively called HDR10+.
News categories: 20th Century Fox, Panasonic, Samsung, Danny Kaye, Yuki Kusumi, Jongsuk Chu, CES2020, Digital TV, IFA2019, Licensing, Worldwide
Sigma Designs introduces UHD TV SoC with integrated 100/120Hz frame rate converter
Sep 1, 2016 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced a single-chip Smart UHD TV SoC solution that improves picture quality and audio performance while lowering board cost and meeting TV market demand for low profile form factor.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Alfred Chan, Digital TV, IBC2019, ICs, IFA2019, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA