OTT (Over-the-top, P2P, PC-TV, Internet TV, online video, IP Video) News
Indonesia's AMTV deploys end-to-end OTT solution from Harmonic and Veygo
Mar 21, 2018 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) and Veygo have announced that they have teamed up to create an end-to-end SaaS solution for OTT video delivery. Veygo's secure player, analytics and applications have been integrated with Harmonic's media processing.
News categories: Harmonic, Veygo, AMTV Media, Tony Berthaud, Jean-Christophe Perier, Apps, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Indonesia, Media Player, Multiscreen, NABShow, OTT
America's appetite for streaming video continues to grow
Mar 20, 2018 – American consumers' appetite for streaming video continues to grow, and they have no qualms shelling out cash for original content, according to Deloitte's 12th edition of the 'Digital Media Trends Survey'.
News categories: Deloitte, Kevin Westcott, Dr. Jeff Loucks, Digital TV, Market Research, Multiscreen, OTT, USA
Intertrust DRM selected for milplusTV streaming service in Japan
Mar 19, 2018 – Intertrust and Japan Digital Serve (JDS) have announced that JDS has selected the Intertrust ExpressPlay uDRM service for JDS’ Live Streaming (Live-TV), Time-shifted TV, and Catch Up TV services called 'milplusTV.'
News categories: Intertrust, JDS, Yutaka Nagao, Hiroshi Kawamura, Digital TV, DRM, Japan, OTT
Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
Mar 19, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that Mongol TV has launched ORI TV, an OTT streaming service utilising Brightcove OTT Flow, powered by Accedo. ORI TV is the only Mongolian language OTT service delivering on-demand and live TV content to viewers worldwide.
News categories: Brightcove, Mongol TV, Accedo, Ben Morrell, Bat-Erdene Gankhuyag, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mongolia, Multiscreen, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
Mar 18, 2018 – Tencent Video has announced its paid subscriptions reached 62.59 million as of the end of February 2018, which further enhanced its leading position as the largest online video platform in China.
News categories: Tencent, Thirty Sun, China, Digital TV, OTT, Subscribers
Akamai enables Dynamic Ad Insertion in live cricket on SonyLIV
Mar 15, 2018 – Akamai (NASDAQ: AKAM) has announced that SonyLIV provided multi-screen engagement to users on all devices, using Akamai's Dynamic Ad Insertion capabilities during the India-South Africa cricket series held over January and February 2018.
News categories: Akamai, Sony Pictures Network, SonyLIV, Sidharth Pisharoti, Uday Sodhi, Advertising, Digital TV, India, OTT
SpotX matches media buyers to Pluto TV’s OTT TV service
Mar 15, 2018 – SpotX has extended their strategic partnership with Pluto TV, a free OTT TV service in America. As part of the collaboration, SpotX will match media buyers to Pluto TV’s premium inventory and power the programmatic monetization of Pluto TV’s OTT content.
News categories: SpotX, Pluto TV, Mike Shehan, Ilya Pozin, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Traditional U.S. pay TV subscriptions down 3.7% in 2017
Mar 14, 2018 – Subscription losses slowed for traditional multichannel video providers in Q4 2017, but the sector still tumbled for the full year, according to data compiled by Kagan, a group within S&P Global Market Intelligence.
News categories: Kagan, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
NAGRA’s NexGuard watermarking passes ChinaDRM certification
Mar 13, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its NexGuard watermarking technology has been certified by the ChinaDRM Lab, the standards body that oversees digital rights management in China. The ChinaDRM Lab at the Chinese Academy of Sciences conducted the compliance process.
News categories: NexGuard, NAGRA, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Jaap Haitsma, Philippe Stransky, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, OTT, Watermarking
- SpotX granted certification renewal by the Trustworthy Accountability Group
- Ericsson MediaFirst available on Amlogic STB chipset
- ATEME reinforces partnership with MBC Group
- OBS implementation of CI Plus 1.4 ECP made available through DTVKit
- Indonesia's AMTV deploys end-to-end OTT solution from Harmonic and Veygo
- CANAL+ launches DTH pay TV in Myanmar on THAICOM 6
- Free TV and Broadcast Australia partner for DVB-T2 trials
- Global digital pay TV subscriptions pass one billion in 2017
- America's appetite for streaming video continues to grow
- Tata Sky mobile app’s video experience revived by Accedo
- More than 40 million devices now running RDK
- Intertrust DRM selected for milplusTV streaming service in Japan
- ENENSYS technology deployed in live ATSC 3.0 showcase
- LG partners with NIPA to promote webOS Open Source Edition
- Eastern Europe digital pay TV subscribers to grow 27% between 2017 and 2023
- Mongol TV goes live with Brightcove OTT Flow
- Tencent Video subscriptions reach 62.59 million at end-February 2018
- Baidu and Skyworth to jointly build AI ecosystem for Smart Homes
- Turner consolidates international digital advertising activity
- One in five U.S. broadband households use a digital antenna to access live TV