OTT (Over-the-top, P2P, PC-TV, Internet TV, online video, IP Video) News
Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~975,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018
Nov 13, 2018 – Leichtman Research Group has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 975,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2018, compared to a pro forma loss of about 410,000 subscribers in 3Q 2017.
News categories: Leichtman Research Group, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Intertrust and moTV target Africa with joint streaming platform
Nov 13, 2018 – Intertrust has announced that it has joined forces with moTV, an OTT/IPTV/Hybrid platform provider, to target the African market. The joint solution integrates Intertrust’s content protection with moTV’s system.
News categories: Intertrust, moTV, John Baqar, Jan Macku, Africa, Apps, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, OTT
Verizon Digital Media and Unreel partner for D2C content delivery
Nov 12, 2018 – Verizon Digital Media Services has teamed up with Unreel Entertainment to enable customers to launch branded OTT video streaming apps and online destinations. Unreel currently powers OTT consumer experiences for several Verizon Digital Media Services customers.
News categories: Verizon Digital Media Services, Unreel Entertainment, Chris Carey, Dan Goikhman, Apps, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, Worldwide
Global SVOD revenues climb to $35 billion
Nov 12, 2018 – Global SVOD revenues will reach $35.04 billion in 2018. That’s $10 billion more than the 2017 total and more than triple the 2015 total. Digital TV Research expects 474 million SVOD subscriptions globally by end-2018.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, China, Digital TV, Germany, Japan, Market Research, OTT, UK, USA, Worldwide
Edgeware to deliver tailored ads for Com Hem's online TV channels
Nov 9, 2018 – Edgeware has announced that Com Hem has selected its Ad Enabler origin software. The solution will be used to prepare TV/Video content with personalized advertising on 20 of Com Hem’s IP-delivered TV channels.
News categories: Edgeware, Com Hem, Karl Thedéen, Magnus Lindhe, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Sweden
Sweden's household spend on TV subscriptions now exceeds 330 SEK per month
Nov 8, 2018 – According to Mediavision, video streaming services in Sweden have grown rapidly during 2018 and the third quarter of 2018 is no exception. This in turn has led to a significant increase in the combined household spend on TV services.
News categories: Mediavision, Marie Nilsson, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Sweden
Massive Interactive to be acquired by Deltatre
Nov 8, 2018 – Massive Interactive (OTCBB:HUGE) has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement to be acquired by Deltatre. Deltatre will acquire Massive and its subsidiaries in a cash transaction valued at approximately USD $92 million.
News categories: Massive Interactive, Deltatre, Digital TV, MnA, Multiscreen, OTT, UX, Worldwide
Parks Associates lists 2018 top 10 U.S. SVOD services
Nov 7, 2018 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 subscription over-the-top (OTT) video services in the U.S. market, based on estimated number of subscribers. Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu continue to hold the top-three slots.
News categories: Parks Associates, Brett Sappington, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
PeerLogix and FourthWall Media unify linear and streaming TV audiences
Nov 7, 2018 – PeerLogix (OTC: LOGX) and FourthWall Media have announced the launch of a data asset combining both streaming and linear TV viewing at the household level. The new data pool can be used for analytics, audience insights and digital campaign targeting.
News categories: PeerLogix, FourthWall Media, Ray Colwell, Tim Peters, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Major U.S. pay TV providers lost ~975,000 subscribers in 3Q 2018
- Intertrust and moTV target Africa with joint streaming platform
- Verizon Digital Media and Unreel partner for D2C content delivery
- Comscore announces AMC Networks as Campaign Ratings beta partner
- SKY Perfect JSAT upgrades DTH headend with Harmonic
- DVB and HbbTV release DASH validation tool
- Global SVOD revenues climb to $35 billion
- Accounting changes depress telecom and pay TV growth in 2018
- Edgeware to deliver tailored ads for Com Hem's online TV channels
- Amlogic completes integration of Widevine CAS on Android TV
- Televisa to expand TV CDN with Edgeware solution
- VSTV deploys ATEME TITAN video compression for DTH services
- Sweden's household spend on TV subscriptions now exceeds 330 SEK per month
- CommScope to acquire ARRIS
- SK Broadband selects dataxu to bring addressable TV to Asia
- Massive Interactive to be acquired by Deltatre
- TiVo reports 3Q 2018 results
- enTouch selects Minerva YourTV Now to deliver advanced Pay TV services
- Parks Associates lists 2018 top 10 U.S. SVOD services
- PeerLogix and FourthWall Media unify linear and streaming TV audiences