IPTV (Internet Protocol Television), Video-over-IP, TVoIP, OTT TV News
Wyplay adds Netflix & Prime Video to legacy STBs for Free
Nov 18, 2020 – Wyplay has announced that Free's Freebox Revolution STBs, first launched in 2012, now support Netflix and Amazon Prime Video. Wyplay and Free teams have worked together to deploy the services on the Intel-based legacy boxes.
News categories: Wyplay, Free, Jacques Bourgninaud, Apps, Digital TV, France, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box
Parks Associates reveals top 10 U.S. SVOD services for 3Q 2020
Nov 18, 2020 – Parks Associates has released its updated list of the top 10 US subscription over-the-top (OTT) video services, based on estimated number of subscribers through September 2020 from the firm’s OTT Video Market Tracker.
News categories: Parks Associates, Steve Nason, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, USA
Subscribers at major U.S. pay TV providers down 120,000 in 3Q 2020
Nov 17, 2020 – Leichtman Research Group (LRG) has found that the largest pay-TV providers in the U.S. lost about 120,000 net video subscribers in 3Q 2020, compared to a pro forma net loss of about 945,000 in 3Q 2019.
News categories: Leichtman Research, Bruce Leichtman, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Verizon releases updated Stream TV box
Nov 17, 2020 – Verizon has announced its next-gen Stream TV, an Android TV-powered streaming device that finds the best on-demand entertainment. Verizon plans to deliver the same simplified experience to the original Stream TV with an updated user interface.
News categories: Verizon, Android TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
THEO powers 'blue TV' streaming service from Swisscom
Nov 17, 2020 – THEO Technologies has announced that THEOplayer will be used by Swisscom to deliver its blue TV (previously known as TV Air) service. Swisscom will now use THEOplayer across its web clients as well as on Connected TVs.
News categories: THEO Technologies, Swisscom, blue TV, Steven Tielemans, Samuel Schaerli, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Switzerland
Deutsche Telekom and RTL to expand addressable TV cooperation
Nov 17, 2020 – Deutsche Telekom and RTL have announced that RTL's streaming service, TV Now Premium, will be integrated with Deutsche Telekom’s Magenta TV, and the pair have also agreed to increase cooperation on advertising with a special focus on addressable TV.
News categories: Mediengruppe RTL, Deutsche Telekom, Advertising, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, OTT
Vewd announces cloud-managed in-vehicle entertainment platform
Nov 17, 2020 – Vewd has announced Vewd for Automotive, a white-labeled cloud-managed platform that brings streaming entertainment to car manufacturers and automotive infotainment platforms.
News categories: Vewd, Aneesh Rajaram, Digital TV, In-Car, Middleware, OTT, Worldwide
TV 2 Sumo upgrades LG Smart TV apps with Norigin Media
Nov 17, 2020 – TV 2 Sumo has upgraded its apps on LG Smart TVs with Norigin Media. The updated design is built for multiple LG WebOS models using Norigin's TV App Framework. Enhancements include 4k streaming and TVOD support, among others.
News categories: Norigin Media, TV2 Sumo, LG Electronics, Ajey Anand, Marius Bjerke, Jonas Marken, Apps, Digital TV, Norway, OTT, Smart TV
HBO Max available on Amazon Fire TV and Fire tablets
Nov 16, 2020 – WarnerMedia has announced that HBO Max will begin rolling out on Amazon Fire TV streaming devices, Fire TV Edition smart TVs, and Fire tablets on Tuesday, November 17. HBO Max is WarnerMedia’s D2C streaming offering.
News categories: WarnerMedia, Amazon, HBO Max, Tony Goncalves, Marc Whitten, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, USA
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico