Kuwait Digital TV News
Kalimat to launch IPTV and mobile TV in Iraq and Kuwait
Mar 19, 2009 – Kalimat Telecom has signed a 50/50 joint venture deal with PCCW (Hong Kong:0008) to launch IPTV and mobile TV in Iraq and Kuwait. Launch is expected in the fourth quarter of 2009 or early 2010.
News categories: PCCW, Kalimat Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Iraq, Kuwait, Mobile
S2M and Space Systems/Loral Sign Innovative Mobile TV Satellite Contract
Dec 12, 2007 – S2M has announced the formal contract with Space Systems/Loral (SS/L) for the S2M-1 satellite - the first mobile TV satellite covering the Middle East and North Africa.
News categories: S2M, Space Systems/Loral (SS/L), Afghanistan, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Mobile, Morocco, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, UAE, Yemen
The status of IPTV in the Arab World
Sep 20, 2007 – Despite the advantages that IPTV provides, only four operators in three countries in the Arab World region offer commercial IPTV services.
News categories: Arab Advisors, Bahrain, Broadband, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Kuwait, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, UAE
Strong growth forecast for MENA pay TV
Jun 19, 2007 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa will grow by 36% over the next five years. Informa Telecoms & Media's report shows that the region's 4.5 million pay TV subscribers at end-2006 will grow to 6.1 million in 2012.
News categories: Africa, Algeria, Angola, Bahrain, Cable TV, Cyprus, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Lebanon, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Nigeria, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, UAE, Zimbabwe
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- Bitmovin and OKAST team up to deliver live and VOD streaming
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic